Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Well, folks, if you are talking of the Lord's name in vain, just don't do it.

Taking the Lord's name in vain has nothing to do with exclaiming "Jesus fugking Christ" after hitting your finger with a hammer or saying "god damnit" when you drop your car keys. But of course 90% of the idiots that fill up those big buildings every Sunday morning will gleefully tell you it's a sin. It isn't. Taking the Lord's name in vain means you're using people's faith and belief in God to do evil things. Examples of this would be convincing minors to suck your dick in the name of the Lord (Dave Koresh) or to swindle people out of their money (Jimmy Swaggart) or to commit heinous acts by presenting yourself as a prophet that can communicate with God directly (Jim Jones.) It can also mean to blaspheme God. i.e. "He is not the one true God." If people actually read the God damned Bible, they would know this type of schit.
Odd post. Seems like it's not in the "reading" - it's in the interpretation and personal understanding. The relative quality of such may give what you ultimately cite.

Realize that you’re replying to Flave, the drunkard and it all becomes clear as to how and why.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
BP-B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Taking the Lord's name in vain has nothing to do with exclaiming "Jesus fugking Christ" after hitting your finger with a hammer or saying "god damnit" when you drop your car keys. But of course 90% of the idiots that fill up those big buildings every Sunday morning will gleefully tell you it's a sin. It isn't. Taking the Lord's name in vain means you're using people's faith and belief in God to do evil things. Examples of this would be convincing minors to suck your dick in the name of the Lord (Dave Koresh) or to swindle people out of their money (Jimmy Swaggart) or to commit heinous acts by presenting yourself as a prophet that can communicate with God directly (Jim Jones.) It can also mean to blaspheme God. i.e. "He is not the one true God." If people actually read the God damned Bible, they would know this type of schit.
Odd post. Seems like it's not in the "reading" - it's in the interpretation and personal understanding. The relative quality of such may give what you ultimately cite.

Realize that you’re replying to Flave, the drunkard and it all becomes clear as to how and why.

The fact that some of you retards are ignorant to how sharp he is, is never not amusing.

I never heard a grown man use the f word until I went out west and started working ranches in my teens. Plenty of [bleep] and damn, but never fugk.

Gotta admit I use it more often than I ought to.

MAGA
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

The fact that some of you retards are ignorant to how sharp he is, is never not amusing.

I never heard a grown man use the f word until I went out west and started working ranches in my teens. Plenty of [bleep] and damn, but never fugk.

Gotta admit I use it more often than I ought to.

Uhh, yeah, gruff. That unrewarded genius stuff.

Drinking buddies unite !!

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Beaver10
You’re making this about the intention of a word. Which, obviously, can be used passively or aggressively.

The majority here, speaking against the swear words, aren’t speaking about how the word is being used, but, rather it’s being used at all.

🦫

Exactly. When I stub my toe on the wife’s tread mill at 3am trying to let the stupid dog out and yell “Fugg!” I’m not talking about intercourse. When I say “no [bleep]?” I’m not talking about a bowel movement. When one the idiots on the crew hits my brand new truck with the forklift and I yell out “GOD DAMNIT!!!” (True story by the way) I’m not asking God to damn him.

Last edited by jackmountain; 05/08/21.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
The fact that some of you retards are ignorant to how sharp he is, is never not amusing. I never heard a grown man use the f word until I went out west and started working ranches in my teens. Plenty of [bleep] and damn, but never fugk. Gotta admit I use it more often than I ought to.
Maybe I am quite ignorant about some things, but have never doubted that the fellow is sharp. Having sharp tools and quick skills is one thing, how they are applied is another.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uSEXgQ58AoM

One of the most versatile words in the English language.

You’re absafuckinglutely welcome, Jack!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Taking the Lord's name in vain has nothing to do with exclaiming "Jesus fugking Christ" after hitting your finger with a hammer or saying "god damnit" when you drop your car keys. But of course 90% of the idiots that fill up those big buildings every Sunday morning will gleefully tell you it's a sin.

It isn't.

Taking the Lord's name in vain means you're using people's faith and belief in God to do evil things. Examples of this would be convincing minors to suck your dick in the name of the Lord (Dave Koresh) or to swindle people out of their money (Jimmy Swaggart) or to commit heinous acts by presenting yourself as a prophet that can communicate with God directly (Jim Jones.) It can also mean to blaspheme God. i.e. "He is not the one true God."

If people actually read the God damned Bible, they would know this type of schit.

Talk like that in a Court room and see what it gets you.

Old Coot,

Show me where Wabigoon made a comment relating to profanity in a court room.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

It’s “odd” to you because you’re slow.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I generally choose my words reasonably carefully, so if I perchance manage to be profane it is because I really mean it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don't care.

I don't care what people do or say.

I don't care what others think of me or how I did it.

If I did, and listened to all those blowhards, I wouldn't be where I am today.

Phugg em.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by Jim Conrad
I cuss too much I guess.

Especially around women and children.

Mostly around my women and children though....in my defense.

In the long run it can be better to just cuss and get it over with Jim.

Let me explain myself.

(The following is a 100% true life story)

Way back when I was in my late 20's, I took in 2 disadvantaged youths.
They'd come from fcked up homes with fcked up parents.
They were both in their mid-teens, It seemed all they needed was a roof over their heads some food and a little guidance to get along in life.

Both were in good physical shape and strong.
I was feverishly flippin' old houses at the time and figured I could get cheap labor while teaching these boys a trade, win,win.

Right away I found nothing could pizz me off more than 2 wayward teen boys, I had a tendency to cuss at them as a result.

Like you Jim, I felt bad about it.
Calling a kid who might not really know who their father might be a little basterd or a son of a bitch was just wrong.
I had to get away from it, I had to righten my ways.

I decided I needed a strong key word that could replace every cuss word in my vocabulary. It had to be a good word and I had to be able to commit it to permanent memory.

I thought long and hard on what word would work and I came up with 'Cowboy',
The word 'Cowboy' holds special meaning, it's emotionally burned into me.

You see, I had this gal staying at the house once that had a cat named 'Cowboy' that she dearly loved, I'm not much on cats but she came with the cat and at the time she seemed worth putting up with a cat to have her around.

All was well up until one snowy azzed day when I was backing the truck outta the yard to run into town and ran over her cat.

I didn't even know I'd run him over until I got back from town and seen him laying in the track my truck had left in the snow.

Cowboy was dead as a hammer and there was no denying I'd killed him.

I scarfed him up and took him up into the treeline to hide him.

This was my first mistake.

I already felt bad about killing him and lieing about it then I had to spent the next two days feeling worse as I watched this gal try to find him.

I fessed up, told her what had happened, I came clean.

Then she wanted me to go get him so we could bury him. Fair enough, I grabbed a old boot box tossed it in the truck and headed up to where I'd tossed him in the timber.
Soon as I got close to the spot I knew I was in trouble, there was pieces of cat everywhere. The coyotes had gotten to him and there was cat fur all over the place.

I drove around a little bit thinking of what to do.
Finally I decided and grabbed an appropriate sized rock, wrapped it in a old shirt and put it in the box.

Thank God she didn't want to see him, we buried the rock in the box just off the driveway and made a wooden cross with RIP Cowboy on it.

I'd lied again.

I'm reminded of this double lie I told every time I return to that property and drive by the rock in the box to this day.

I'll never forget 'Cowboy', that was my word that would replace all cuss words.

I used it for years, it worked marvelously with the boys, they didn't have a clue what was on my mind when I'd scream 'Cowboy' when I'd bitch them out.
It actually worked way to well.

You see, years later, myself and a couple other investors bought a apartment complex that had a swimming pool.

I go cruising by one day to check on the place and the guy we had managing it told me about half our pool furnishings had been stolen the night before.

I took a walk around, all the apartments had sliding glass doors in the back and you could pretty much see into most the units. Didn't take long and I see all our stuff in this apartment, tables, lounge chairs, regular chairs, all of it.
I was pizzed, I hate being stolen from, I headed around to the front door and loudly pounded on it.

This heavy set, African American young man answered the door.
I went off, I told him to get our stuff back to the pool ASAP. He came back with a smartazzed reply.
I blew my top, first words outta my mouth were "LISTEN COWBOY" and off on a rant I went.
Our furnishings made their way back to the pool area.

Two weeks later I got a certified letter in the mail, I was being sued.

It was from the lawyer father of the heavy set African American, pool furniture stealing youth.
I recognized the name right away, he mailed his sons rent payment in the same envelope every month.
He was suing me for verbally attacking his son with racial slurs.

He figured the term 'Cowboy' was referencing his fat azzed sons weight condition (cow) and the fact that he was black as the ace of spades (boy) which was a popular racial term in the day.

I had to hire a lawyer.

Just to keep a long story short, we all got together for a preliminary legal meeting and hashed it out.
I told the same story I've told here and had one of the boys I'd called 'Cowboy' for years and even photos of the cross over the fckin' cats grave with me for the meeting.

The truth set me free.

So Jim, in the long run just cuss and get it over with, just never tell a lie.

You should have just called the cops and had the groid busted.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I cuss too much I guess.

Let me explain myself.

They were both in their mid-teens, It seemed all they needed was a roof over their heads some food and a little guidance to get along in life.

I was feverishly flippin' old houses at the time and figured I could get cheap labor while teaching these boys a trade, win,win.

Right away I found nothing could pizz me off more than 2 wayward teen boys, I had a tendency to cuss at them as a result.

Calling a kid who might not really know who their father might be a little basterd or a son of a bitch was just wrong.

I decided I needed a strong key word that could replace every cuss word in my vocabulary. It had to be a good word and I had to be able to commit it to permanent memory.

You see, I had this gal staying at the house once that had a cat named 'Cowboy' that she dearly loved, I'm not much on cats but she came with the cat and at the time she seemed worth putting up with a cat to have her around.

All was well up until one snowy azzed day when I was backing the truck outta the yard to run into town and ran over her cat.

I didn't even know I'd run him over until I got back from town and seen him laying in the track my truck had left in the snow.

I already felt bad about killing him and lieing about it then I had to spent the next two days feeling worse as I watched this gal try to find him.

Then she wanted me to go get him so we could bury him. Fair enough, I grabbed a old boot box tossed it in the truck and headed up to where I'd tossed him in the timber.
Soon as I got close to the spot I knew I was in trouble, there was pieces of cat everywhere. The coyotes had gotten to him and there was cat fur all over the place.

Finally I decided and grabbed an appropriate sized rock, wrapped it in a old shirt and put it in the box.

Thank God she didn't want to see him, we buried the rock in the box just off the driveway and made a wooden cross with RIP Cowboy on it.

I'd lied again.

I'm reminded of this double lie I told every time I return to that property and drive by the rock in the box to this day.

I used it for years, it worked marvelously with the boys, they didn't have a clue what was on my mind when I'd scream 'Cowboy' when I'd bitch them out.

You see, years later, myself and a couple other investors bought a apartment complex that had a swimming pool.

I go cruising by one day to check on the place and the guy we had managing it told me about half our pool furnishings had been stolen the night before.

I took a walk around, all the apartments had sliding glass doors in the back and you could pretty much see into most the units. Didn't take long and I see all our stuff in this apartment, tables, lounge chairs, regular chairs, all of it.
I was pizzed, I hate being stolen from, I headed around to the front door and loudly pounded on it.

I went off, I told him to get our stuff back to the pool ASAP. He came back with a smartazzed reply.
I blew my top, first words outta my mouth were "LISTEN COWBOY" and off on a rant I went.

It was from the lawyer father of the heavy set African American, pool furniture stealing youth.
I recognized the name right away, he mailed his sons rent payment in the same envelope every month.

He figured the term 'Cowboy' was referencing his fat azzed sons weight condition (cow) and the fact that he was black as the ace of spades (boy) which was a popular racial term in the day.

I had to hire a lawyer.

Just to keep a long story short, we all got together for a preliminary legal meeting and hashed it out.
I told the same story I've told here and had one of the boys I'd called 'Cowboy' for years and even photos of the cross over the fckin' cats grave with me for the meeting.

The truth set me free.

Holy epic saga. I had to take a piss break while reading all that.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by WMR

Pretty obtuse answer. You gonna react the same when someone flips your wife the bird as you would with a friendly wave? After all, it’s just a gesture.

Lot of difference between "fugk" and "fugk you" and most fugkin know it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
It’s a part of language. Like most any language, it can be artful and it can be coarse.

One of the funniest stories I’ve heard was told to me by a man to whom Jesus appeared and spoke.
Rest assured that Jesus does in fact drop F bombs.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Andrew Yang drops a curse word in church....Oopsie

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-campaign-town-hall-Brooklyn-church.html

😬🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Twitter has their Wabi - goons too.

#WabiGoonSquads

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Class, it's kind of like "attractive". Somewhat nebulous in meaning. Very subjective.

If one is offended by "naughty words"

One might just scroll by this post quickly.

Don't peek. wink

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I cuss too much I guess.

Let me explain myself.

I'd lied again.

I had to hire a lawyer.

The truth set me free.

Holy epic saga. I had to take a piss break while reading all that.

You passed on a opportunity to stop reading it and came back and finished it?

You're a glutton for punishment.

Just my first thoughts whe I read Jim's post.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
458 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 48 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 956 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,110
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.