24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I opened a Coinbase account and tried to manually link a bank account by providing account info, but it can’t seem to verify the account that way. It really pushes you to provide username and password for the linked bank account using Plaid. I did open a new bank account with a bank with which I have no prior banking relationship, but the whole idea of linking an account by providing a username and password gives me the shivers even if I limit the amount in the account. Are there any Coinbase people or people with Plaid or banking (as in bankers) experience who can share their thoughts about doing that. Thanks.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
BP-B2

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Can't help regarding Plaid, but that does seem strange, it didn't ask me for that info when I opened an account. If you have too much trouble, there are plenty of other exchanges that are arguably better than Coinbase anyway, so you do have options at least.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I won’t share the pw. It may take a day or two to verify the account using routing and account number but at least you have a paper trail and have to authorize the transfer.

Originally Posted by xxclaro
Can't help regarding Plaid, but that does seem strange, it didn't ask me for that info when I opened an account. If you have too much trouble, there are plenty of other exchanges that are arguably better than Coinbase anyway, so you do have options at least.

Xxclaro what options are better these days? Coinbase has some funky commissions.

Recovering Yankee
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, xxclaro. Who else do you recommend? The state of Wyoming recently gave a special purpose depository institution charter to Kraken Bank and at least one more, and I would not mind supporting the companies who are investing here.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Not sure if it's the same one you're referring to but I've used Kraken a fair bit, they have a pretty decent selection and are fairly easy to use. Anymore I use Binance alot, although I believe you'll have to use BinanceUS unless you use a VPN. KuCoin, Voyager and Crypto.com are all seeing lots of users migrating over, so many in fact that they've had a little trouble recently keeping up. Are you looking for mainly the big cap players or also for smaller up and coming projects?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Kraken Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Kraken exchange people. But, from what I see from looking online, U.S. customers can't fund an account by using a standard ACH transaction. You have to do a wire transfer (my main bank screwed up a big one last year, so, no thanks) or using some other services I don't have. Why is all of this so difficult? jeez.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by damnyankee308
I won’t share the pw. It may take a day or two to verify the account using routing and account number but at least you have a paper trail and have to authorize the transfer.

Mine simply cannot verify either of two accounts I tried after multiple tries with each. I am not a stranger to getting routing and account numbers and bank account names right. I sent an online message to Coinbase a few days ago and, of course, there was no response. I don't think they want my business.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Just verify it with Plaid then change the password after it is done.

Coinbase doesn’t need continuous access to the account, it just needs the account and routing info from Plaid and their verification everything lines up. When you change the password on the bank’s site, both they and Plaid will lose access. You’ll still be able to move funds and all that.

Your only other real option is to wire Coinbase the funds.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Duh! Great idea. Thanks!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Kraken Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Kraken exchange people. But, from what I see from looking online, U.S. customers can't fund an account by using a standard ACH transaction. You have to do a wire transfer (my main bank screwed up a big one last year, so, no thanks) or using some other services I don't have. Why is all of this so difficult? jeez.

Add in the fact that some of the proceses will fail if you're using a VPN.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Duh! Great idea. Thanks!

Stickfight for the win! It worked for verification after jumping through a bunch of hoops.

Thanks to all who replied on this thread.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
652 members (1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 71 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 1,392 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,658
Posts18,399,290
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.