Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by Scott F
We are Orthodox. To us making the sign of the cross is a symbol of aligning ourself with Christ. I do it when I am alone and hear a or see an emergency vehicle as a short prayer. It is a prayer for whatever distress is happening. If praying for someone offends someone I think they might want to rethink their attitude.

I feel bad that you and others immediately felt compelled to defend and justify because of a 'simple' question.

Kent
I didn't have any inclination to defend or justify anything. I understand there are a lot of folks on here with very thin skin about certain topics. It's pretty disgusting. In fact, those who would prefer censure are nothing better than lieberal demoncraps who want to censure conservatives. And they might be the same: liberal demoncraps. Also, many just take things completely wrong and come off looking like foolish deviant children, but they don't see that and do it over and over again, when an adult would just move on past a harmless post regardless what was said in it. A good number of folks on here could really use therapy and counselling.

A big +1 to this.

But reading all of this BS began by the typically passive aggressive wabi {I'm just an innocent guy asking a totally innocent question. And I'm just a totally innocent nice guy. Why are you attacking me?}, I did learns that I might be attending a Deomcrat Catholic Church when I should be attending a Republican Catholic Church. Whoda" thunk it? I'm 72 years old and that's an issue that until now has escaped me completely..... Silly me.

jag, you are a very special kind of moron. From your posts here, apparently a Christian is only someone who only accepts you brand of Christianity. What would Q say about that, sir?

As someone stated, for me crossing myself is simply a way to ask for blessings for myself or for others in a time of need or assurance. If that offends anyone, I could totally care less.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Lighten up , Francis

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Hastings
Who was Jesus? Was he God? Was he God's messenger/prophet sent to expose hypocrisy and proclaim the truth? Exactly who was he, and did he intend to establish a religion that unseated the chosen? I am Unitarian in belief to the extent that I believe there is only one God. As far as the sign of the cross, it seems to me another pointless exercise or ritual.

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are One.

As far as we know this side of Heaven, we serve a Tripartite God. Jesus is the Word but also in John 1 (the Gospel not to be confused with 1 John) He created everything that was created. All in all God is One Who is in 3 forms. He is Omnipresent, Omnipotent and Omniscient.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Who was Jesus? Was he God? Was he God's messenger/prophet sent to expose hypocrisy and proclaim the truth? Exactly who was he, and did he intend to establish a religion that unseated the chosen? I am Unitarian in belief to the extent that I believe there is only one God. As far as the sign of the cross, it seems to me another pointless exercise or ritual.

1 Timothy 6:13-15

I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who in his testimony before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, to keep the commandment unstained and free from reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which he will display at the proper time—he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords.

To say otherwise is to call GOD a liar. Blasphemy.

Blasphemy against God or Jesus can be forgiven. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder how many times Jesus has kicked himself in the ass for not writing all this schitt down himself in plain English. "Christianity for Dummies" coulda been a big seller.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are One.

As far as we know this side of Heaven, we serve a Tripartite God. Jesus is the Word but also in John 1 (the Gospel not to be confused with 1 John) He created everything that was created. All in all God is One Who is in 3 forms. He is Omnipresent, Omnipotent and Omniscient.

The Bible plainly and clearly says Jesus is God.

I and my Father are one.
John 10:30

Titus 2:13 refers to “the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ”.

Jesus is fully God, as all the fullness (not just part of the fullness) of God dwells in Him.
Colossians 1:19

Believe me (Jesus) that I am in the Father, and the Father in me.
John 14:11

Then, very clearly and importantly in John 14:6,
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RufusG
I wonder how many times Jesus has kicked himself in the ass for not writing all this schitt down himself in plain English. "Christianity for Dummies" coulda been a big seller.
I'm guessing never, but pick up a NKJV (New King James Version). Those don't have the flowery language but do have the most accurate accounting of the Bible.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Lighten up , Francis

LOL..!! Like I could also care less about what Uptown Bobby Brown thinks. laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Lighten up , Francis

Karen

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Lighten up , Francis

Karen

When name calling is all ya' got.......... laugh

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Stop acting like a bytch . I know it's Monday but still

You got this. Look in the mirror and take ten deep breaths.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Stop acting like a bytch . I know it's Monday but still

You got this. Look in the mirror and take ten deep breaths.

laugh

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

The Bible plainly and clearly says Jesus is God.

I and my Father are one.
John 10:30

Titus 2:13 refers to “the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ”.

Jesus is fully God, as all the fullness (not just part of the fullness) of God dwells in Him.
Colossians 1:19

Believe me (Jesus) that I am in the Father, and the Father in me.
John 14:11

Then, very clearly and importantly in John 14:6,
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me.
Yes, and anytime Christ said "I Am" (Yahweh). One of the best examples of that is John 8:58,59 "58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am.” 59 So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple." They picked up the stones because they thought Jesus had blasphemed, claiming to be God. "I Am" referring to God appears over 300 times.

Last edited by Tyrone; 05/10/21.

Politics is War by Other Means
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Huh?

Yes. That's the proper response to just about anything Doc Crazy Eyes says these days.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who in his testimony before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, to keep the commandment unstained and free from reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which he will display at the proper time—he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords.

Blasphemy against God or Jesus can be forgiven. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven.

Timothy is one of the pastoral epistles, none of which are considered authentic.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
I'm a born again Southern Baptist (of old-sadly, not necessarily today's), I respect those who are Catholic and I do not take issue with what they do.

There will be NO church titles in heaven. All who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior will be there. Those who have not, will not be there. Period, end of story.
^

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I am not concerned with anything Saul/Paul said. Did Jesus ever claim to be God? Did he come to do away with the Jewish covenant, to do away with the law, to do away with the prophets? Again, did Jesus claim to be GOD? If so who was he praying to?

1. John 10:30 The Father and I are one.

3. John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

4. John 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

5. Colossians 2:9-10 For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily. and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.

Jesus claimed to be God.

6. John 10:33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

7. John 5:18 This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Jesus is the Word.

8. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

9. John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jesus Christ is the only way into Heaven.

10. 1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

11. Romans 10:13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

I am He

12. John 8:57-58 The people said, “You aren’t even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?” Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!”

13. John 8:22-24 This made the Jews ask, “Will he kill himself? Is that why he says, ‘Where I go, you cannot come’?” But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”

14. John 13:18-19 “I am not referring to all of you; I know those I have chosen. But this is to fulfill this passage of Scripture: ‘He who shared my bread has turned against me.’ “I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am who I am.

First and Last: There’s only one God

15. Isaiah 44:6 Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.

16. 1 Corinthians 8:6 Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

17. Revelation 2:8 “And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the first and the last, who died and came to life.

18. Revelation 1:17-18 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.

Only God can be worshiped. Jesus was worshiped.

19. Matthew 2:1-2 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

20. Matthew 28:8-9 So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.

Jesus is prayed to

21. Acts 7:59-60 And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

The Trinity

22. Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

23. 2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Biblical examples

24. John 20:27-28 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.” Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

25. 2 Peter 1:1 Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry, I've been out and about for a few hours. I still say Jesus wasn't God and did not claim to be any more than the secretary of state or the vice president is the president when they go to a foreign country and say I speak for the president or in a sense say "the president and I are one" when stating U.S. policy. As far as I'm concerned Paul's writings are suspect and no telling who wrote or edited those "letters/epistles. I believe Jesus was who he claimed to be. And again who was he praying to? Certainly not himself or someone or something he considered himself equal to. That doesn't make sense and some of Paul doesn't make sense.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Okey dokey then. laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Sorry, I've been out and about for a few hours. I still say Jesus wasn't God and did not claim to be any more than the secretary of state or the vice president is the president when they go to a foreign country and say I speak for the president or in a sense say "the president and I are one" when stating U.S. policy. As far as I'm concerned Paul's writings are suspect and no telling who wrote or edited those "letters/epistles. I believe Jesus was who he claimed to be. And again who was he praying to? Certainly not himself or someone or something he considered himself equal to. That doesn't make sense and some of Paul doesn't make sense.

Thats what satan said.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,757 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,574
Posts18,453,925
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.