Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Rolling_Block_Guy
Originally Posted by dirtyharry
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Me, nope not interested. Have a 308 carbine like yours but I am familiar with them and what to look for. Their only good for 200-300 rounds and then the carrier rails need to be replaced. I am looking out for the rest of the potential buyers. No hard feelings but frankly you should be understanding and accommodating being new and selling on your first post.

GOOD FOR 200-300 SHOTS? What a line of bullshit! Nope, your not interested, just want to give the Guy GRIEF.
Looking out for the rest of potential buyers ? Another line of bullshit!
Keep the insides of the gun CLEAN--NO PROBLEMS!

Dirty Harry

Thanks Dirty Harry. Always a few on every forum who have nothing better to do.

Always a few douchbags on every forum.

Do you understand we’re talking 30’6 here and not a 6mm?

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Dinny
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Their only good for 200-300 rounds and then the carrier rails need to be replaced.

I agree. I spoke with a number of reputable gunsmiths while trying to help a friend with his badly galled 742. None of the gunsmiths would touch the rifle. Remington screwed up the heat treat and had poor engineers involved in the development of these rifles. Friends don't let friends shoot a Rem 742.

Yes it’s a well known problem. Supposedly corrected somewhat with the 7400 and model four but still best to see pics of rails on a hard hitting caliber!

C.H. Spurgeon
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Lots of scammers, to be sure. And you? Just a tire kicker or are you actually interested in the carbine? Pretty elaborate scam I am running. Should probably run more high dollar stuff with my skills. I can take photos later today. Any particular year quarter you want? Sorry. Not gonna dig around in grubby change jar. Will use first one I come up with. I have a giant brush pile to burn and have to meet the volunteer FD at 7.

1964 would be 👍

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There were big problems with the 740. The 742 fixed those problems. I'm surprised to hear from any one who says they wear out. The 7400 was even better rifle, in my opinion - simpler with less parts.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

GOOD LUCK with your SALE!

Dirty Harry.

[/quote]

Last edited by dirtyharry; 05/09/21.
IC B2

R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
What slays me about these forums is the know it all's who come in and step all over a thread for something they have no interest in. As if other potential buyers are children being preyed upon or aren't sophisticated enough to think for themselves. The 742 rifles and carbines have a strong and long track record for durability and reliability, in the hands of competent shooters. In the hands of idiots, not so much.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What slays me about these forums is the know it all's who come in and step all over a thread for something they have no interest in. As if other potential buyers are children being preyed upon or aren't sophisticated enough to think for themselves. The 742 rifles and carbines have a strong and long track record for durability and reliability, in the hands of competent shooters. In the hands of idiots, not so much.

smile

Jim

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Get over it sock puppet or scammer whichever name more clearly fits you. Quit complaining about something that you should have posted in the first place.
Dusty246 asked for pics and I was clarifying what he wanted or needed. Stop with the sore butt and post up a pic of the rails with a quarter next to the receiver and let’s see the condition of your carbine. good luck with the sale!

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Welcome to the 'fire!

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I was interested in the carbine and have worked on these guns as a hobby taking them completely apart trying to figure them out as I grew up hunting with my mentors, WWII vets, that carried 30'06s up in Remington country, upstate NY. I've been around alot of these guns and owned a few. Good luck with the sale.

Last edited by Dusty246; 05/10/21.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jahrs is as good as they come.

If a new guy wants to come on here selling his wares for free, he might be a bit more accommodating and a bit less of a dick.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
How am I a Dick kingston? Jahrs was being a complete tool. Asked for everything but a sperm sample. Maybe he secretly wanted one of those, too. I dunno. I resent the tone. He asked for references. I gave references. Did he or any of the others defending the simple minded victims of my "scam" check those? I suspect not. Anyone actually interested in the carbine and additional pics, PM me and I will gladly accommodate you. Should I include a photo of me with the gun and today's New York Times? Seems this campfire is surrounded by people who have nothing better to do than give newcomers grief. I need to have some words with the person who recommended this site.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by Dusty246
Any chance we could get a picture inside the receiver where the bolt slides back. thx.

Was the photo I posted not what you wanted?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Any chance we could get a picture inside the receiver where the bolt slides back. thx.

He wants to see the top of the receiver taken from the bottom of the receiver so the rails that the bolt rides on can be checked.
Remove the magazine and trigger group and take a picture from the bottom showing the rails on the top of the receiver, like this:
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by wink_man

He wants to see the top of the receiver taken from the bottom of the receiver so the rails that the bolt rides on can be checked.
Remove the magazine and trigger group and take a picture from the bottom showing the rails on the top of the receiver, like this:

Ah! A little more detail would have been useful, but I got distracted by one of the Hall Monitors.

Attached Images
IMG_20210518_134944410.jpg (43.34 KB, 323 downloads)
IMG_20210518_134922371.jpg (39.01 KB, 320 downloads)
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Looks good.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Nice rifle.

Shoot the lighter bullets and it should run fine for a long while.

Heavies in a .30-06 are known to chew the rails. Not BS

Seller took pics of the insides, thats stand up right there smile

Good luck w sale. They are fun rifles (had a couple over the yrs).
Ran 150's in mine and they never jammed.

Last edited by hookeye; 05/18/21.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
How am I a Dick kingston? Jahrs was being a complete tool. Asked for everything but a sperm sample. Maybe he secretly wanted one of those, too. I dunno. I resent the tone. He asked for references. I gave references. Did he or any of the others defending the simple minded victims of my "scam" check those? I suspect not. Anyone actually interested in the carbine and additional pics, PM me and I will gladly accommodate you. Should I include a photo of me with the gun and today's New York Times? Seems this campfire is surrounded by people who have nothing better to do than give newcomers grief. I need to have some words with the person who recommended this site.

If I was being a tool I apologize, thank you for getting it done.

C.H. Spurgeon
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by wink_man

Wasn’t hard to understand was it, thanks for the pic of your Rem. 👍

C.H. Spurgeon
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Any pics of this rifle? Location? Price?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (257man, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,649 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,671
Posts18,456,023
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.