Campfire Ranger

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Happens a lot, unfortunately - and that truly sux... It's just not right.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The way this country is going it will someday be illegal to stop an armed robber of shoplifter under penalty of law. If you dare to do something radical like stop a robbery you will go to jail just like all the other good samaritans they will be prosecuting. Along with anyone else who dares to defend themselves. It'll be set up just like the goofy system in the U.K. where you can get in legal trouble for defending yourself.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My brother got fired for that year's ago, the late 80s when he was a delivery guy for Dominos Pizza.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Woke companies are sucking the life out of America. Wait til one of these murderers takes the elevator to the top floor at their office and see what happens. The place will be like DC.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If I'm clerking some stopn'rob and I pull a gun on a robber, I'm not protecting the store, I'm protecting myself and any customers in it. The stores are right. Nothing of theirs is worth my life or anybody else's. No thief's life is worth mine or an innocent customer's either. The big corporations can f u c k themselves.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Agreed

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Woke companies are sucking the life out of America. Wait til one of these murderers takes the elevator to the top floor at their office and see what happens. The place will be like DC.

Ah if only that elevator ride would come.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Corporate policy does apply.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
This x100. Any companies biggest asset and liability is the employee. That's why they only want you to observe and report. Loss Prevention employees nothwithstanding.

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
If I'm clerking some stopn'rob and I pull a gun on a robber, I'm not protecting the store, I'm protecting myself and any customers in it. The stores are right. Nothing of theirs is worth my life or anybody else's. No thief's life is worth mine or an innocent customer's either. The big corporations can f u c k themselves.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Good thing I never had to work in an environment like that. I'd have to think really hard about accepting a job that doesn't allow me to protect myself. I see the corporation's point however in regard to robbery. $500 worth of cash or junk food is one hour of a lawyer's time, and there will be 1000's of hours of lawyers time dealing with any sort of brandishing, shooting, or defensive claims. It's just not worth it, from anyone's standpoint. If it's more than a robbery and it's a genuine threat to someone's life, it's a completely different situation. The issue is, that a robbery, especially armed, and threat to life may not be easily distinguished.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

But you agree that if you're clerking there, and see some thug come in with a gun in hand, you can safely assume that if you don't quickly acquire the upper hand, he will likely get the jump on you, at which point your life will be in his hands, right? So, under these circumstances, in order to defend yourself, you need to quickly gain the upper hand. Just doing nothing would put your life in jeopardy.

I think you were saying this, but wasn't 100% sure.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't work for azzhats that have policies to prevent you from protecting yourself.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
322 members (10gaugemag, 280shooter, 204guy, 29aholic, 308Palma, 1beaver_shooter, 44 invisible), 2,200 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,725
Posts18,400,614
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.