Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Talk about to heavy to pack is my S&W 617. Even with a 4 inch barrel it's a tank

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GSPfan
Talk about to heavy to pack is my S&W 617. Even with a 4 inch barrel it's a tank

Never cared for the full lug barrel on a .22 LR.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
pretty much any ruger rimfire handgun is a great choice. i like the bearcat for a small woods piece.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Funny you mention....Just yesterday I lucked up at a gun auction and bought a Smith model 63 with a 4 inch bbl and square butt. Definitely ANIB. The price was right at 475.00! Looking forward to piddling around with this little beaut.

Good deal there Joel. I bought mine new when I was in high school. Seems it was when they just came out. Amazingly I still have the box and paperwork.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I see you vanquished one of Bobby's mortal enemies with that one, Ed. Nice work!

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Old school fun...Sweetest 22 pistol I own

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not so old but lots of class

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And getting down to business serious...

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I love my Match Target. I believe it's a third generation so not so old but prefer it over the two Rugers and a S&W M41 for a semi auto 22.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Forgot to add pics smile

Marvel Precision Unit 1 conversion on an aluminim frame is unexpectedly light.

1” at 50y accuracy guarantee.

Mine is currently set up with springs for CCI Mini Mags and is 100% reliable with Colt Ace mags.

Es muy retro tambien laugh

[Linked Image from ]

[Linked Image from ]

Paging rjm52...

Last edited by alukban; 05/07/21.
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I have several but still enjoy my trusty Ruger Standard.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by GSPfan

Roger that....my 617-6 6" barrel is very accurate and never had a misfire in thousands of rounds, ejection is flawless not a sticky chamber out of the ten.

Seems the 617-6 can be very good or a real lemon. I don't consider it a plinker but it is fun to shoot.

The older 617's with the standard 6" barrel or the very rare Mountain Gun variations are really nice for field carry.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My 22lr field pistol is also my 22lr target pistol, a Ruger MK II Government Model, blued with a 6-7/8" bull barrel.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Old school fun...Sweetest 22 pistol I own

Nice.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jorgeI
And getting down to business serious...

Is that one of the newer ones?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
" ... I sometimes do duty as a Range Safety Officer at our club range during sight in days. I've learned to never offer unasked for advice to anyone no matter how much ammo they're wasting but will definitely stop and correct a noob holding a semi-auto pistol with the thumb wrapped over top of the shooting hand.

When I lived in Los Angeles, I had a good friend who was a Deputy Sheriff in the LASD. He was a Weapons Training Instructor with the Advanced Training Bureau. When LASD switched from the S&W Mdl. 15 revolver to the Beretta 92FS, , all deputies had to go through training with the new pistol.

Their previous training for years had been to hold their revolvers "with the thumb wrapped over top of the shooting hand." Naturally, the deputies did this with the new Berettas and naturally, more than a few had the slide in recoil slicing their thumbs. My friend said they told every deputy to NOT put their thumbs on top of the shooting hand because "that slide is made by the Gillette Razor Company." He said each instructor always carried a bunch of Band Aids to the range ... and used a lot of them until the deputies broke their old habits. grin

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I like the Mark II .22/45. It's not pretty, but it fits my hand, so I carry it in a camo holster so nobody sees it.

The S&W 317 is easy to carry at 12 oz. Costs more than a Ruger LCR, but less than an S&W 41. And it's bigger than a NAA.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
" ... I sometimes do duty as a Range Safety Officer at our club range during sight in days. I've learned to never offer unasked for advice to anyone no matter how much ammo they're wasting but will definitely stop and correct a noob holding a semi-auto pistol with the thumb wrapped over top of the shooting hand.

When I lived in Los Angeles, I had a good friend who was a Deputy Sheriff in the LASD. He was a Weapons Training Instructor with the Advanced Training Bureau. When LASD switched from the S&W Mdl. 15 revolver to the Beretta 92FS, , all deputies had to go through training with the new pistol.

Their previous training for years had been to hold their revolvers "with the thumb wrapped over top of the shooting hand." Naturally, the deputies did this with the new Berettas and naturally, more than a few had the slide in recoil slicing their thumbs. My friend said they told every deputy to NOT put their thumbs on top of the shooting hand because "that slide is made by the Gillette Razor Company." He said each instructor always carried a bunch of Band Aids to the range ... and used a lot of them until the deputies broke their old habits. grin

FWIW.

L.W.

That's what they call a self correcting problem.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

FWIW.

L.W.

That's what they call a self correcting problem.

Yep. It’s a short learning curve! 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I recently picked up a S&W M34 the 22/32 Kit gun. It's a joy to both shoot and to carry.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Walther Olympia is light slick and quite accurate
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]img host

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
653 members (257Bob, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 72 invisible), 2,884 guests, and 1,411 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,656
Posts18,399,278
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.