-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Seems they think Springfield is stealing two of their magazine patents. Personally I despise SA for what they did a few years back and hope they get what they have coming...

"FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SIG SAUER, Inc. Files P365 Magazine Patent Infringement Case Against Springfield, Inc.

NEWINGTON, N.H., (May 11, 2021) – Today, SIG SAUER, Inc., filed a lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois, Rock Island Division, alleging that Springfield, Inc. (Springfield Armory) infringes two SIG patents relating to SIG’s P365 magazine.

The P365 has seen tremendous commercial success, due to the innovative design of the high-capacity magazine. In its complaint, SIG alleges that Springfield Armory’s making and selling of certain “Hellcat” branded magazines infringes upon two SIG patents. SIG SAUER is seeking injunctive relief, as well as monetary damages for Springfield Armory’s past and ongoing infringement.

Ron Cohen, President and Chief Executive Officer, made the following statement:

"When the SIG SAUER P365 was introduced it took the market by storm as the most innovative high-capacity, micro-compact pistol to be introduced due to its magazine capacity, and quickly became one of the top selling handguns in the market due to this unprecedented innovation. SIG is not a litigious company, but given the extent of infringement by Springfield, SIG has a responsibility to protect both our intellectual property and the significant investment we make to develop our innovative products. As a company we are proud to yield more than 100 patents worldwide, with more than 40 patent applications currently pending, and we will protect the extensive research and design that goes into developing these patents rigorously.”

About SIG SAUER, Inc.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, ammunition, airguns, suppressors, and training. For over 250 years SIG SAUER, Inc. has evolved, and thrived, by blending American ingenuity, German engineering, and Swiss precision. Today, SIG SAUER is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice amongst the U.S. Military, the global defense community, law enforcement, competitive shooters, hunters, and responsible citizens. Additionally, SIG SAUER is the premier provider of elite firearms instruction and tactical training at the SIG SAUER Academy. Headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, SIG SAUER has over 2,300 employees across nine locations. For more information about the company and product line visit: sigsauer.com.

PR Contact:
Samantha Piatt, Director - Communications & Media Relations
Phone: (603) 610-3304
Email: samantha.piattsigsauer.com

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hmm.
I will have to look at what makes those mags special..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have no love for SIG. I do like Springfield a lot

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tie their tails together and throw them over the clothesline.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I have no love for SIG. I do like Springfield a lot

Great... I bet you love the way they tried to throw Illinois gun owners under the bus, gave millions to very anti-2A lawmakers, then lied when caught face-down with their thong knotted around their ankles...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
And holding hands with Rock River while doing it...

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SargeMO

One thing I hope to never see again with two barn cats...

What has SIG done that I missed?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Sig is alright Sitka, I was just being a smartass. Springfield, on the other hand, can go pack sand.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Sig is alright Sitka, I was just being a smartass. Springfield, on the other hand, can go pack sand.

Springfield proved they were not at all attuned to their base. I have refused several requests to order products since then and convinced the buyers to look elsewhere for a new pistol. I suspect they lost a serious chunk of business over their games.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

143 members (406_SBC, 444Matt, 257_X_50, 19rabbit52, 270winchester, 16penny, 20 invisible), 1,902 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,373
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.