Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by lastround
I’ve been hunting out of a shooting house for about ten years. At first, I only used them when the weather was bad, but as I got older it became too difficult to climb into open stands, ladder stands included. Now, at age 77, the shooting houses, either built or bought, is how I can continue to deer hunt. I have several scattered around on trails, on agricultural fields, or overlooking food plots. I intend to continue using them with no shame or regrets as long as they allow me to continue doing one of the things I can still enjoy. To each his own.

Whatever keeps you in the game. Good luck this season!

I only hope I can still deer hunt at 77, regardless of how I get it done. Go get em.

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I do 20ft. ladder stands with a platform 4x4x6ft.high closed in to hide the office chair with a roof . I like to be able to sit as long as I want too. I think it should not matter how any body hunt .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lots of confusing posts about these box blinds being easier to hunt out of. That's not true. They're almost impossible to hunt out of.

They do make shooting game a lot easier though.

To each his own. I've seen plenty of ways and places where I thought it would make it way too easy. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't do it a few times before I gave it up. wink

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by hanco
Why not build a real stand with comfortable chairs, glass windows and a heater. You don’t get extra points for sitting out in the weather, freezing your ass off. Built this, put it up last summer.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Eye of Hurricane Laura went right over it, didn’t blow it down.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]does la croix have artificial ingredients

Hanco, you got A/C in those?

No but it is hot sometimes in the early part of the season.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by 44mc
I do 20ft. ladder stands with a platform 4x4x6ft.high closed in to hide the office chair with a roof . I like to be able to sit as long as I want too. I think it should not matter how any body hunt .

Sure is nice when it is raining!

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by 44mc

Sure is nice when it is raining!

Yes you can sit up there all day, fool around on the campfire while you hunt.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Friends of mine have 4 sections high of scaffolding lashed to the end of a workshop. The farm it is on is fairly small and you can see the whole property when up there. When limited in wander room , height makes up for real " hunting" I suppose, Here I just find a nice high rocky out cropping out of the wind , if I wanna "Sit on my arse"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Ken_L
Why not build a real stand with comfortable chairs, glass windows and a heater. You don’t get extra points for sitting out in the weather, freezing your ass off. Built this, put it up last summer.[/url]

Freezing your ass off in Texas now that's funny!

Actually, if the panhandle is anything like Oklahoma or Kansas, the cold there is a whole lot different (damp) than what I'm accustomed in the upper midwest and even Canada.
I was never a believer in chilled-to-the-bone before hunting those places but I'll take zero in my home locale over 15 degrees and breezy in those places.

Exactly. Humid cold is different just like humid hot is different.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
How is it called "hunting" when you're just sitting on your ass in a house?

Come east and you'll figure it out. I wish we could move at will through the woods. Even if you have access to enough acreage to roam around without other hunters around, you'd soon wonder if your gun or your machete was more important to you. Next to impossible to move quietly and in flat country you can't see far unless you are elevated. I would prefer to hunt like you guys out west do, but it's impossible here.

Originally Posted by Judman
I’d just soon not “hunt” if I had to be stuck in a box. Just my opinion. If folks like to sit in box’s, I’m all for it, just not my thing

Well, if you lived where I do, you could certainly trade a box in the woods or in a field for the box you call home. Your choice. Terrain dictates tactics.

Shaman, that stand looks like a lifeguard station at the beach.

Exactly. It's an idiotic argument.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

We built these 3 blinds for disabled vets , we can take them in a wheel chair, up in a elevator, they can bring their wife or another buddy, and also a PH to help them out , and they have a great time, not everyone that wants to hunt and shoot can go walk about. I took these pic's last fall before hunting season we were just finishing painting them. Rio 7

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
853 members (1234, 12344mag, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 83 invisible), 3,245 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,710
Posts18,400,195
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.