Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
There is a LH Anschutz 1416 22LR on gunbroker right now.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Vudoo is the answer

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Vudoo is the answer

correct.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
I have 4 Tbolts, a Kimber and two CZs, plus an Ultra Light Arms model 20 in 22LR. All left handed. If I kept only one lefty it would be the CZ 452 Lux with 28” barrel. Buds gunshop imported some a few years ago.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Not specifically what the OP requested. However, the first one to pop up in my searches over the past couple months. Not cheap. But, what is in today's market ? Swap off the red dot for a Leupold 4x and go kill stuff...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/901883040

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
The Mark II Savage is not a bad 22 for under 250.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by 30338
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Specs my friend?

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
So glad I got the CZ when available! A favorite.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Does anyone else just shoot right handed rifles? I've never had an issue shooting them from the left side.

IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by JackVliet
Does anyone else just shoot right handed rifles? I've never had an issue shooting them from the left side.

Like paying taxes, just cause you're used to it, doesn't make it a good idea. I have loaned backwards people my rifles. It's funny watching them.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
I have loaned backwards people my rifles. It's funny watching them.

I have too, after they finally figure out how to work the bolt, I usually say something like "That's what I have been dealing with my entire life."

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite

Like paying taxes, just cause you're used to it, doesn't make it a good idea. I have loaned backwards people my rifles. It's funny watching them.

Exactly! Its easy for righties to sneer at our frustration at the lack of LH offerings...but hand them a left handed bolt rifle and ask them if they would be happy with that for the rest of their life. They usually shut up.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

I shot that way until I was almost 30. After I bought my LH T bolt about 30 years ago, I realized how much easier life would be with LH rifles, and it took me another 15 to be able to afford the full transition.

Many right handed shooters have told me about Gary Anderson shooting a RH bolt action LH in competition, and all that . . . But have never taken me up on my offer for them to shoot a LH rifle for a season and see “how that shoe fits”.

In my book, it was money well spent. Do I still love a pre ‘64 Model 70? Yes - But I hunt with a LH Blaser or Sauer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
So glad I got the CZ when available! A favorite.

Me too. Was grumbling to myself about having to pay the extra $29 for the LH version, at the time. Hah!

Should have picked up a LH 527 in .223 at the same time. Dumb.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by verns
I am such a snob and enjoying plopping gophers with my LH Savage 64 , now they are plentiful on GB again for the whopping big price of $149 . The only LH 22 semi on the planet !

The game has changed, since you posted that. Now you can get a left hand 10-22. I was a little bit of a naysayer, until I handled one. Ruger did their homework on that rifle. A lot of great features wrapped up into 1 package.. If I didn't already have a great 10-22, I'd consider buying a lefty..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Jim2914

That's a great rifle for that price point. I'll bet it will outshoot rifles 3 or 4 times what they cost, as well..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I do. Never an issue.. Off the bench, we have an advantage shooting right handed rifles.. I'm surprised more of you guys don't understand that.. Was at a shoot earlier today and proved that point.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I do. Never an issue..

Off the bench, we have an advantage shooting right handed rifles. I'm surprised more of you guys don't understand that.

Was at a shoot earlier today and proved that point.

Exactly, a RH action is far better for a Lefty off of a bench or rest. And vice-versa.

A surprising lack of understanding and experience to think otherwise. Here is why it is true:

A lefty using a LH rifle from a bench or rest or bi-pod is on the wrong side of the rifle and if you try both methods, you realize one LH/LH (LH shooter /LH action) is like a comedy of errors regarding efficiency from a bench or rest or bi-pod compared to a a LH shooter using a RH action.

I'm a lefty and every BR or Varmint gun I own is RH because it is a much faster, more efficient and convenient process of operation.

All my rifles shot standing are left handed because you must be able to support it with the right hand while cycling it.

Bold claim: Off-hand shooting is the only advantage to the LH/LH combination. I dislike shooting LH rifles from a bench for these reasons.

Many right handed BR shooters that have custom rifles use a left hand action for the same reasons (and vice versa).

The reasons:

FOR A LEFTY USING RH ACTION FROM BENCH OR REST:

Left hand on wrist provides optimal hold/leverage/grip for bolt operation. Otherwise with LH/LH you have to shift your left hand to the bolt and the right hand to the forearm or scope to keep the rifle from twisting while operating the action.

That's the first comical part. I've watched many RH/RH shooters struggle with this for hours on a bench. It adds up if you do it 100 or 200 times a day.

Since you're already on the right side of the rifle, the one has a perfect, effortless bird's eye view of the chamber versus a LH/LH feeling, groping or peering to locate the LH chamber since you can't see it as you're on the wrong side of the rifle and the scope blocks what little view and access you might have.

That's the other comical part, the reach-around, look-around, or blind feel since with LH/LH you're on the wrong side of the port.

A repeater mitigates the loading aspect (although you are still feeding it blindly with poor access) but not the cycling aspect.

So why is this only known by top BR shooters and (heretofore supposedly) lefties?

My take: Lefties had little choice and had to learn both ways.

RH friends that have tried my LH rifles from a bench quickly acknowledge the ergonomic and logistical advantages, but old habits are hard to change and they are less "ambidextrous" than lefties so they struggle on.

For example lefties use RH scissors effortlessly. If you handed a righty LH scissors, they would probably stab themselves...Tom

Last edited by thomasconnor; 11/08/21.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Jim2914

That's a great rifle for that price point. I'll bet it will outshoot rifles 3 or 4 times what they cost, as well..

I just called my local gun store and asked if they could track one down for me. That is cheaper than 3000 primers or a Geissele trigger.

Left hand bolt guns all the way for me. I seldom shoot off a bench and will take the bolt on the left hand side every time, especially when something big and toothy or with tusks or horns (started to write horny but that sounded a little weird) is in front of me.

Each to his own.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

298 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 16penny, 2ndwind, 204guy, 1minute, 39 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,168
Posts18,465,353
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.