Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
OP, let me help you with that.

1. Tundra
2. 4Runner
3. Tacoma

Done. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Bought my loaded 2021 Sierra SLT on March 10th. $11,500 off of sticker. $49,500 out the door. (I know it's a GM and I suck) Glad I bought when I did, It was my first new truck in 29 years. Tried to find used, but couldn't pull the trigger on a truck with 50-60,000 miles for only $10,000 less than new. There's nothing left at that dealership except for $65,000 Denali's.

Brother in law works at a Chevy dealership. Says his higher ups told him not to expect any real shipments of Silverados until July 2022.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MM879
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
GM hasn't used torsion bars on the half tons for a long time.

When did they change to strut? Is the HD strut also? Struts are better than torsion by a little.

for some reason the most common lifted truck in my area is chevy. guys seem to love to lift black chevies, put wheels on them with 2" or more negative offset, so they stick out. Then typical GM fashion, just slap the DEF tank on, somewhere. That tank would get ripped off on the first trip to the desert. The lifted chevies I laugh at, They lift them, then put a box doohicky that lowers the rear torsion bar mounts, thus is kills the break over angle, which was the whole idea of lifting the truck!!! lifted for looks. I usually say to myself, dude, sorry about your dong. people lift the WORST truck out of the big 3 to lift. must be something with GM owners.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

When did they change to strut? Is the HD strut also? Struts are better than torsion by a little.

for some reason the most common lifted truck in my area is chevy. guys seem to love to lift black chevies, put wheels on them with 2" or more negative offset, so they stick out. Then typical GM fashion, just slap the DEF tank on, somewhere. That tank would get ripped off on the first trip to the desert. The lifted chevies I laugh at, They lift them, then put a box doohicky that lowers the rear torsion bar mounts, thus is kills the break over angle, which was the whole idea of lifting the truck!!! lifted for looks. I usually say to myself, dude, sorry about your dong. people lift the WORST truck out of the big 3 to lift. must be something with GM owners.

Seriously, do you really think any of those idiots who put those huge lifts on their trucks of any make actually take them off road?

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

Seriously, do you really think any of those idiots who put those huge lifts on their trucks of any make actually take them off road?

LOL hey I agree. it seems silly to make the truck drive like crap, ruin the towing ability, burn more gas, all in the name of looking cool. that is where the sorry about your dong comment comes in.

IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Now is not the time to buy a new truck! A buddy got quoted $70k on a new outdated Tundra TRD in Denver a few days ago, $70k for a Tundra……..are you F’ing kidding me?

70 k for a TuRD lol junk

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I just bought my fourth Tundra, a 2021 Crewmax 4x4. We just had our second kid and needed more room. I’ve bought TRD editions before and couldn’t really think of a time where it really mattered and I never liked the shifter on the center console. Got a SR5 with the shifter on the steering column. I was gonna sell my 2015 Tundra TRD, but got a trade in for $30k which helps with the sales tax. Paid $39910 out the door. Paid the difference in cash.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
At my age this is my forever rig. I've had it 10 years now and at 144K no issues. it should out last me...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Nobody budging off of MSRP. Considering I can rent a car or truck for the couple of weeks I want one this year and avoid depreciation/taxes/etc on a new truck, I'll probably come out ahead waiting for the pipeline to fill back up or the companies to offer better incentives on what I want.

Never buy when the market's stacked against you if you don't have to.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
At my age this is my forever rig. I've had it 10 years now and at 144K no issues. it should out last me...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yep. That’s my 2018 Dodge. If I don’t wreck it or it gets stolen, I’m done, my 2004 still runs great!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by hanco; 05/11/21.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by BLG
Bought my loaded 2021 Sierra SLT on March 10th. $11,500 off of sticker. $49,500 out the door. (I know it's a GM and I suck) Glad I bought when I did, It was my first new truck in 29 years. Tried to find used, but couldn't pull the trigger on a truck with 50-60,000 miles for only $10,000 less than new. There's nothing left at that dealership except for $65,000 Denali's.

Brother in law works at a Chevy dealership. Says his higher ups told him not to expect any real shipments of Silverados until July 2022.

Clyde

GM makes a schidt truck compared to Ford and Ram

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Nobody budging off of MSRP. Considering I can rent a car or truck for the couple of weeks I want one this year and avoid depreciation/taxes/etc on a new truck, I'll probably come out ahead waiting for the pipeline to fill back up or the companies to offer better incentives on what I want.

Never buy when the market's stacked against you if you don't have to.

Damn. In that case just rent a loaded truck for two weeks every year . Buy guns, coke, and women with the rest.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Damn. In that case just rent a loaded truck for two weeks every year . Buy guns, coke, and women with the rest.

In 13 years of owning my 2004 Ford F150, I've only put 43,000 miles on it. That one I got cheap. Now that I'm selling my boat, I'll need one even less. So the idea has merit...

Drop a remanufactured engine in the 2004 would probably be the wisest thing to do.

But I LIKE having a newer truck. Maybe next year.

Last edited by Calhoun; 05/11/21.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Calhoun

In 13 years of owning my 2004 Ford F150, I've only put 43,000 miles on it. That one I got cheap. Now that I'm selling my boat, I'll need one even less. So the idea has merit...

Drop a remanufactured engine in the 2004 would probably be the wisest thing to do.

But I LIKE having a newer truck. Maybe next year.

Good idea

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I bought a 2010 F150 with a blown motor but in otherwise good shape at auction. I’m putting a reman motor in it myself. I’ll have about $9300 in the when I’m done. That’s with new tires and other parts I’m changing while I’m in it. No way I’d take the beating of a new truck ! I can put a little sweat and bleeding knuckles into a straight older vehicle and drive payment free. The ford 5.4 cam phaser issue is well known but I know several that are over 300k now and going strong. Trick is changing the oil religiously. Thin oil in worn phasers lets the pressure drop and the phasers starve for oil. The more they wear the more the pressure drops. Viscous cycle that destroys the motor.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A couple of rust areas down low behind the doors (another common thing on F150 super crew cabs), but I think she's good for a while. Oil got changed frequently by mileage... but not necessarily by date, given that I only averaged 3500 miles a year with it. But can't speak to the 100,000 miles it had on it when I bought it in 2008. It was clean, but no maintenance records came with it. So it's a crap shoot for the cam phasers.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

Awe fuqk you too...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Reading the thread, I looked up my current truck. 2014 2500HD Duramax LTZ crew cab 4X4 Z71. DANG, worth more than I paid for it new. (paid $45K, retail $48K with 42K miles) Going to keep it, not wanting to pay the price of a new .

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I’ve been driving a Dodge 1/2 company vehicle for the past 1 1/2 years. The is certainly a lot that I like about it, but I wouldn’t buy one. Touch screen acts weird, transmission shifts a bit erratically, and the body seems to dent very easily. That said, it is fun to drive and it rides great. I still wouldn’t buy one, though.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I would say the same thing except in reverse order and put GMC where you put Ford and Dodge. But when my job furnished me a state owned pick-up and bought the gas I loved Ford and Dodge. Just would not buy one.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

259 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 29 invisible), 2,277 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,479
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.