-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shoot kosher salt in the original ones and it flat hammers flies and yellow jackets.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Shoot kosher salt in the original ones and it flat hammers flies and yellow jackets.

Are they Jewish?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Are they Jewish?

Yes and the salt is blessed!

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by slumlord
Carpenter bees

Didn’t have much luck with it on them at my son’s place, but .22 shotshells dropped those suckers at surprising distance.

Mathew 22: 37-39

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Using kosher salt is like a goose load over regular table salt.
I have an original bug-a-salt and added a laser sight, during the summer it gets a workout on spiders as well as flying vermin.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have had two of them and know of three more that friends have and none of the damn things lasted more than a couple hundred shots. Wouldnt waste any more money on one because they wont fix em or sell a part. phuqum

NRA Benefactor
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by slumlord
Carpenter bees

Didn’t have much luck with it on them at my son’s place, but .22 shotshells dropped those suckers at surprising distance.

.22 shot shells got to be too spendy for me. Switched to the .410 and my hit percentage went way up and my range more than doubled. Need to buy a bag of #11 or #12 shot to get the pattern density up more. Currently running 7.5s or 8s.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

This is what I do too

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got the original and use it several times a week to hold down the stink bug population. It seems to do a good job of a quick kill-- before they can squeeze off a load of stink. My sons got it for me for Christmas.

I had 70+ show up on the windows in the family room last fall. I finally said "screw it!" and brought out the canister vacuum. No THAT is how to rid yourselves of stink bugs. The only downside was it filled the room with stink bug stink and we had to put the vacuum out in the garage for a week.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
A little more complicated, but I take .38 cases and drill the primer pocket( to prevent primer setback) prime, add 2 grains unique and a card wad. Then fill with crushed walnut cleaning media and another wad, slight roll crimp and go have fun. Minimal noise, won’t damage wood or paint and is hell on wasps and hornets out to about 4 ft. Wing shooting with a pistol is fun,

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gnnrsig40
A little more complicated, but I take .38 cases and drill the primer pocket( to prevent primer setback) prime, add 2 grains unique and a card wad. Then fill with crushed walnut cleaning media and another wad, slight roll crimp and go have fun. Minimal noise, won’t damage wood or paint and is hell on wasps and hornets out to about 4 ft. Wing shooting with a pistol is fun,

I used to use .45 Colt mounted shooter blanks for large yellow jacket nests.

You do have to hose off the smear after shooting it though. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got my pistol today, but haven't shot it yet. You are advised not to leave a gas cylinder inside the pistol over night because it will deteriorate the rubber seal. So, I am going to wait until there are more targets of opportunity on the back porch before I start shooting. The pistol has quite a bit of heft. Part plastic and part metal. Advertised as shooting salt at 425 fps.

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

92 members (AnthonyB, 35, 7x57Hunter, AGL4now, 160user, 41rem, 12 invisible), 974 guests, and 724 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,221
Posts18,447,502
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.