Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damn good stuff buddy BSA, thanks for the history lesson, my little Swede varmint rifle using 147gr Horns at 2940 is a real nice longer range puncher, smoked a coyote at 588 and a buzzard pestering newborn calves at 355, the little Swede didn't disappoint ; ]

Trump Won!
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
Damn good stuff buddy BSA, thanks for the history lesson, my little Swede varmint rifle using 147gr Horns at 2940 is a real nice longer range puncher, smoked a coyote at 588 and a buzzard pestering newborn calves at 355, the little Swede didn't disappoint ; ]

Thanks buddy. Your little swede is a bad azzed rifle. That 147gr Hornady running 2,940 is a stellar combination. Puts a whipping on my Creedmoor's for sure. The Swede has my respect.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks my Friend, will put it to the real test this fall ranging an 800 yard fresh clearcut over in Arkansas for deer and pigs, we'll see what kind of smoke that little 147 Horn has then! cool

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’ve got a good little M70 Classic 6.5 Swede. Love it. 140 Accubonds at 2890 work like a charm. I need to put that one into the line up more.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That 147 is a SOB on bucks Gunner. I love it in my Creed.

Semper Fi
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I also have a Winchester M70.

Someone mentioned 160 grain Hornandy RN’s, I have an old faded box of them too. I think I shot a hand full.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by beretzs
That 147 is a SOB on bucks Gunner. I love it in my Creed.

Thanks Big B, the rib hit on the dog at 588 let him make the 22 yards or so under the fence up to the rockslide where he gave up the ghost, tells me the little bullet held together plenty well on him not grenading like the 55gr ballistic tips did from my Warp 10 243 Winchester, leaving at 4150 fps would melt those dogs as far as i could hit one before the wind got me. LOL

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Oh yeah, you’ve got a little more speed than me, but a few deer we’ve hit at under 200 yards have been exits with great expansion and wounding. Haven’t grabbed one yet. They’re right at home at that speed.

Your buddy took an antelope with them too didn’t he?

Semper Fi
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks for the real world, and yes, iirc either 4 or 6 antelope were taken with my rifle and load at that camp, taped a dope card to the stock and sent a nice range finder along, those dudes latched onto the little 'Swede and got those tags filled, they're not bullet guys, so all i could get from Bud was they dropped and all bullets exited, i'll have to take that as a win, those sobs invited me to hunt with them this year, hope 'lopes are good to eat.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I hope you have a good time. I’ve heard lopes are some of the best meat going.

Semper Fi
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Good to know, i asked those guys the same, they said delicious, but coming from a crew that eats a gallon of pickled eggs and keg beer at camp, holy damn! sick

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Damn,, making me want to get a swede I can put a scope on and hunt. I'd love to get a Tikka or Win classic fwt, but the Kimber I was looking at makes more sense..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good to know, i asked those guys the same, they said delicious, but coming from a crew that eats a gallon of pickled eggs and keg beer at camp, holy damn! sick

Sounds like my kinda camp!

Semper Fi
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Get on tooled up BSA, it's a hell of a cartridge.

LOL beretzs, those cheese cutting bastards damn near collapsed my lungs in the tent one night, hung my face out on a pillow, zipped the tent closed around my neck, about frostbit an ear but holy fugg the breathing was easy. shocked ; ]

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Get on tooled up BSA, it's a hell of a cartridge.

LOL beretzs, those cheese cutting bastards damn near collapsed my lungs in the tent one night, hung my face out on a pillow, zipped the tent closed around my neck, about frostbit an ear but holy fugg the breathing was easy. shocked ; ]

That's freeking funny. I can imagine that..

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, they damn near kilt me Buddy, because of this thread, i took the little Swede out of the safe yesterday and propped it up against the back door, guess what i head popped this morning at 302 no wind yards?

I cheated, used Wifes picnic table on back porch, checking Mils, she dead on, i'll give you another couple hours to make sure you're awake and fire you a couple pics.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
LOL, they damn near kilt me Buddy, because of this thread, i took the little Swede out of the safe yesterday and propped it up against the back door, guess what i head popped this morning at 302 no wind yards?

I cheated, used Wifes picnic table on back porch, checking Mils, she dead on, i'll give you another couple hours to make sure you're awake and fire you a couple pics.

You sure did a number on that yotes head buddy. That rifle is a shooter. Cant wait to see how it does on those antelopes.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, Thanks Buddy, the bitch grew when i picked her up by the tail, a whopper mama she was, about two inches of neck and the head is all i could pull in with her sitting beside a bush, she didn't register the delivery ; ]

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I think the little Swede with the 147 horns leaving at 2950 is going to do a bang up job on deer, pigs and maybe antelope in Wyo this season, was listening to the screeeeeeeee as the little bullet made it's way there, then the WHUMPPP! i knew she was toast.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I think the little Swede with the 147 horns leaving at 2950 is going to do a bang up job on deer, pigs and maybe antelope in Wyo this season, was listening to the screeeeeeeee as the little bullet made it's way there, then the WHUMPPP! i knew she was toast.

I may drive 40 miles to look at the sporterized carl gustav Kimber of oregon rifle tomorrow. I was pretty impressed with the old girl today. She did great in the shoot. I had 4 matches. 4 off the bench and 4 off hand with combined scores for each. Of course I knew the bench scores would be good (97-1x) (98-3x) (96-1x) (97-3x), but my offhand was lacking and brought my scores down. Shot against some high power shooters that run the circuit around here. One guy shoots 4 times per week at different clubs. He wanted to buy my old swedish mauser. I told him NO!!! Its funny, he and his buddy from Vancouver, who also shoot service rifle matches and high power, were both watching through their spotters behind me. I think I made them nervous. Both of those guys shot damn well, one of them almost matched my bench score once, but dropped one point behind me on the match I shot the 98-3x on. That group measured 1 1/2" for 10 shots, but was a hair high. I was using 3 different loads, but not by choice. I ran out of the 140gr Sierra's and then went to the 15 Barnes match burners I had loaded up, Then in the offhand events, I was using the 143 Hornady ELDX loads. Combined scores were not great, since I dropped some points in the offhand events. Just haven't been practicing for the offhand events this year. Fun to watch the high power guys in their jackets and big gloves though.. Or should I say funny... I was wearing my Sea Bees jacket today and said to one of my club members that I wanted a fancy shooting jacket like the ones those guys have and the old retired Marine told me the jacket I was wearing means a whole hell of a lot more than their "fancy" jackets do. He's right.

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (Anaconda, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 35, Akhutr, 7x57Hunter, 8 invisible), 1,584 guests, and 738 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,563
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.