Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

You Canadian conservatives are to blame this for vaccine roll-out just as we are in the states. I hope we can both change political directions in the near future.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry...onservatives_ca_5fbedb65c5b66bb88c63f66d

Probably a bit of truth to that. Both countries have been pushing manufacturing offshore for the last two decades. Trump was the notable exception, but the big money makers couldnt have that.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, I wouldn't trust the numbers. The English statistics are compiled by an independent authority. In other words, trustworthy numbers. They have found a greater than usual number of deaths than would be expected. If anything the Covid deaths might just be under reported. At least in England. As each province does things in their own way, there can be questions. I would trust BC numbers.. In fact I would bet money on them at +/- 10% . If you know me and money, I only bet when I'm sure to win.

If the numbers aren't questioned, a very uncomfortable truth emerges. What value do we put on the sick and the old ? How much money are they worth?

Enough gasoline on the campfire for now.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
A greater number of deaths than would be expected; from what? An independent authority, independent from what? I would trust BC numbers too if I did not know positively of cases where they lied.
We have situations where people have delayed cancer diagnoses and treatment because they were dissuaded from seeing a doctor.
Covid has had no effect on us at all. The government response has. GD

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
This might end it all. To bad it will take two years to go through all the safety trials.....oh the irony

https://www.9news.com.au/national/q...vid/f7b644ff-0938-40a5-b5b1-c154de53a466

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
Yes, I wouldn't trust the numbers. The English statistics are compiled by an independent authority. In other words, trustworthy numbers. They have found a greater than usual number of deaths than would be expected. If anything the Covid deaths might just be under reported. At least in England. As each province does things in their own way, there can be questions. I would trust BC numbers.. In fact I would bet money on them at +/- 10% . If you know me and money, I only bet when I'm sure to win.

If the numbers aren't questioned, a very uncomfortable truth emerges. What value do we put on the sick and the old ? How much money are they worth?

Enough gasoline on the campfire for now.
. Pure stand up comedy

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Yukon -- some great news for you folks in our paper. How will this affect your ability to bring in guests? Two shots and a direct flight to the lodge or a transfer to a flight with no stay over should be able to get people in?

Events of 200, restaurants and bars at full capacity as Yukon lifts COVID-19 rules

https://edmontonjournal.com/pmn/new...wcm/eb7a7d5e-b4d3-4e6d-8a12-362372cd5801

Hugh
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by HughW
Yukon -- some great news for you folks in our paper. How will this affect your ability to bring in guests? Two shots and a direct flight to the lodge or a transfer to a flight with no stay over should be able to get people in?

Events of 200, restaurants and bars at full capacity as Yukon lifts COVID-19 rules

https://edmontonjournal.com/pmn/new...wcm/eb7a7d5e-b4d3-4e6d-8a12-362372cd5801

Hugh, its good news indeed. It wont help us much unfortunately because the vast majority of our clients are international. We sent out emails cancelling our season a couple weeks ago, as we knew the borders wouldnt open in time. The air charter company we rely on hasnt even put insurance on its aircraft yet. They wont until the borders open because they just dont have enough business to justify the expense until that happens. Im not complaining though. It is indeed good news, and I will take it all day long. I've taken a 'summer' job for the second year in a row. First time in 35 years, I have worked a regular job. Im not complaining about that either, a lot of outfitters were not so lucky.

The article says Yukon had two deaths because of covid. Our local papers said the same thing. The first person that died from 'covid' lived in Watson Lake. My youngest daughter was one of the paramedics on that call. Lots more to the story than covid. The second "Yukoner" that apparently died from covid wasnt even in Yukon when they died. The paper wasnt clear if it was someone who was still a resident or someone who used to live here, but at any rate they were not in Yukon when they got the virus and passed away.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I suppose, if some one dies with cancer because he was unable to get surgery, you could say he died because of covid. Leave out the "because" and he died of covid. If someone has an aneurism blow out because he couldn't get treatment, he probably died because of covid. People are reluctant to even go to the doctor and this assumes the doctor is even willing to see them. Many of them could very well die; because of covid. GD

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I suppose, if some one dies with cancer because he was unable to get surgery, you could say he died because of covid. Leave out the "because" and he died of covid. If someone has an aneurism blow out because he couldn't get treatment, he probably died because of covid. People are reluctant to even go to the doctor and this assumes the doctor is even willing to see them. Many of them could very well die; because of covid. GD

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
They will never have "enough".

Now TD has signaled (by banning US cruise ships) that he plans to stay locked down thru Feb 2022.

"This statistic shows the contribution of tourism to the gross domestic product (GDP) in Canada from 2000 to 2019. Canada's tourism industry contributed approximately 39.72 billion Canadian dollars to the country's economy in 2019."

Wonder how much taxes will have to go up to cover that shortfall ???

Then we have the Muslim invasion -------

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm only a Canadian at heart, I"VE HAD MORE THAN ENOUGH!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Greydog that's a good explanation of greater than expected deaths. But not one listed as Covid. Could it be that even living in a covid hot spot that I don't know anyone personally that has died, that the restrictions have worked.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Greydog that's a good explanation of greater than expected deaths. But not one listed as Covid. Could it be that even living in a covid hot spot that I don't know anyone personally that has died, that the restrictions have worked.

I have a very difficult time believing that, contradictory as the restrictions are , that our incompetent governments' have put in place anything that has helped significantly . Possibly by accident . Kind of like saying "I'm alive so Trudeau and his merry men saved me !".

My opinion , worth what you paid for it .

Yours could be different . You could be right

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you are from Saskatchewan, I think it should be Moe and his merry band of men.That has a catchy ring to it, doesn't it. Maybe they should use in the next election. Of course being politically correct, I should add women. I guess. chuckle.

BC has tied the opening to vaccination %, test positivity %, hospitalization numbers and ICU usage .

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by MustardMan
They will never have "enough".

Now TD has signaled (by banning US cruise ships) that he plans to stay locked down thru Feb 2022.

"This statistic shows the contribution of tourism to the gross domestic product (GDP) in Canada from 2000 to 2019. Canada's tourism industry contributed approximately 39.72 billion Canadian dollars to the country's economy in 2019."

Wonder how much taxes will have to go up to cover that shortfall ???

Then we have the Muslim invasion -------

Well JT is going to have no choice but to raise taxes.....a lot. He not only sunk tourism, he also sunk the Oil industry.

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If you are from Saskatchewan, I think it should be Moe and his merry band of men.That has a catchy ring to it, doesn't it. Maybe they should use in the next election. Of course being politically correct, I should add women. I guess. chuckle.

BC has tied the opening to vaccination %, test positivity %, hospitalization numbers and ICU usage .

Yes from Saskatchewan so it would be Moe.

To me it is remarkably coincidental that the provinces have very very similar approaches. Almost like there is ‘encouragement’ from the same source. Like Ottawa . When I look back to the First Ministers conference in December 2020 I see a subtle change . Maybe I am paranoid or just wrong.....I freely admit I don’t have the answers

All in all, i think Moe has made a decent effort.He has actually tried to recognize the impact of shutdowns. I definitely disagree with some of the policies and applications. No one is perfect.

I very much disagree with the current vaccination policy, which definitely comes from Ottawa, and that no premier has the stones to call Trudeau on it .

Any one who thinks that vaccination that conflicts with manufacturers/researchers recommendations is anything other than political to minimize negativity towards Trudeau and his government.....

Look at the press releases now that emphasize ‘numbers vaccinated ‘ . Excuse me but 2 shots = vaccinated. Not 1st shot then second whenever....

Vaccine and health care $ come from Ottawa......so do instructions.

My opinions. You may disagree and you may be right

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm only a Canadian at heart, I"VE HAD MORE THAN ENOUGH!

At the VERY least you are an honorary Canadian!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Against the original virus, the single dose was something like 80% effective. With the shortage of vaccine, a wider coverage would slow the spread. But here is the kicker against " variants of concern " the effectiveness drops down. How much ? Like so much of this science, the studies are incomplete. The Indian variant mark 2 version is very concerning. PLS excuse the use of the word concerning, I should maybe have used worrisome, that's a bit strong.. With just the single dose I have felt safer, though I'm still doing all the things. I don't have to worry about hospitalization, dying or worse, wishing I had. But with Indian variant mark 2,from what has been suggested, that second dose can't come quick enough.

The pandemic playbook was written 100 years ago so it's no surprise they all would fellow it, sorta. When this started I looked up studies on the Spanish Flu , these studies predated the current politics by years. So No BS. I'm sure all the provincial public health scientists have also read them.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yes I know about wider coverage 'slowing the spread' , it was in every news conference , etc. It may have slowed the spread , or it may not . Once again this was a policy 'recommended' by NACI , an appointed board. Maybe it was the correct approach , maybe not . I don't take it as fact simply because a politician says it enough times

Over 95% of deaths and hospitalizations ( so serious illness) has been in ages 62 + and immune compromised . This is factual data and is pretty consistent across the board.

In Saskatchewan more than enough doses of vaccine were administered two weeks ago to have covered this group , plus health care workers, for BOTH shots at the recommended interval. So over 95% of the risk could have been removed by then and vaccinations continuing as per manufactures recommendations. I haven't checked national numbers for weeks but they were pretty consistent at that time so the time frame would be pretty consistent .

To me 'follow the science' would have meant utilizing scarce resources in the most effective manner .

The limited studies (very limited but the UK and Israel are at least doing some) on the effectiveness of the shots , first and second , indicate that cancer patients especially did/do not get the same pop with the first dose and the effectiveness of the vaccine drops off quite rapidly over the next four weeks . There was a clear difference between 'hard' cases and other cases. The 'hard' cancer cases were also very consistent in the results. IF this is because of the compromised immune system it seems reasonable to assume that other people with compromised immune systems would have some similar pattern. Meanwhile 80+ year old individuals have had the first shot up to 3 months ago and are just now able to book their second shot (note - not me, I don't fall into this group by a WIDE margin smile )

Meanwhile , in the North , they have vaccines committed to vaccinate 12-17 year olds. Statistically almost zero chance of serious illness or death - while individuals in the extreme high risk group are waiting months for the vaccination to be completed.

By the way , scarce resources (vaccine) responsibility falls on the shoulders of the federal government . The one that signed an exclusive deal with China for vaccines , a deal that fell apart by the 1st week in May. the next deal was not reached until late July/August

Great so everyone followed a pandemic plan developed 100 years ago. There has been little adaptation , in the past 12 months , for the factual results.

And, for the record, I have little doubt that the decision to move from the recommended interval to the "throw crap against the wall approach" was influenced HEAVILY by the fact that the Trudeau government was taking heavy flack for the vaccine rollout progress. I could be wrong , wouldn't be the first time.

If you are satisfied/happy/in agreement with the way things have been done , great I'm not arguing with you on that .

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

724 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,144
Posts18,464,952
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.