Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Will this continue ? Get bigger ? My guess is that this is just the beginning. I believe Canadians watched with interest when a few US states lifted restrictions a long time ago. When nothing bad happened, and case counts continued to decline, it got that much harder for Canadian politicians to convince the people that the lockdowns were working. It didnt help when it came to light that a slew of these same politicians were slipping off on vacation themselves. A few honest news sources kept hammering away despite being heavily censored, and some of the real data begin to get out. All in all, I think people are not nearly as afraid as they were a few months ago. That fact alone is going to make it next to impossible for them to keep the restrictions in place much longer.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/100000-canadians-protest-lockdowns-in-montreal

https://awakecanada.org/

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It depends on how effective anti-vaxers are in spreading their point of view. The slower we are are to hitting 75% first dose and 20% fully vaccination rates, the longer we will be living under restrictions. You in the Yukon months ago should have gotten your Moderna shot You are a long ways from the urban reality that I and the vast majority of Canadians face. They will be blaming the anti-maskers and anti- vaxcers , not the politicians for the slow lifting of the restrictions. . With many cuss words, I might add. Just watch the public opinion turn on them. We daily see the mess the Manitoba and Alberta are in.

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 05/15/21.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
With stories like this coming out on a regular basis now, I think its going to get harder to convince anyone of the risk/reward. The data clearly shows that over 99% of people recover from covid without any medical interventions. The vaccines dont stop the spread, thats blatantly obvious now.
https://www.outkick.com/all-seven-yankees-that-tested-positive-were-vaccinated/

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BC 's chief public heath official just posted a BC study where they found a 97%., That was headlines. The number in the study was very. large You can look it up on their dasher. BC will fellow it's own path and believe their own numbers first.

Right now in BC, we have no recreational travel outside of our regions. Friday night I go into Surrey to visit my old partner for a couple of beer. We have been getting together r Friday after work for 20 years, the others even longer. There is only three of us now. . Surrey is 50 kilometers or 30 miles away. Going in and coming home I saw one RV. Usually Friday night the traffic going out of town made the drive home a lot of stop and go.. Quite a chore in a stick shift diesel.

On Monday BC for three days recorded 1700 or so cases, On the same Monday, Alberta for a single day recorded 1700 or so cases. BC has a larger population and the Brazilian and Indian variants.They are 3x as transmissible than much milder UK variant that Alberta is dealing with.

I don't like the odds of 1 in a 100 dying, personally.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
You would hope that they (Canadians) would wake up . Some have, but these are the ones who asked questions Friday the start. And were/are labeled conspiracy theorists,anti vaxxers , anti maskers

Now the hate/fear will get turned on anyone not vaccinated

Wife’s niece contacted her on social media asking her if she believes the Texas/Florida numbers. Wife told her to check with her first cousin who is living in San Antonio.....

His kids are in school, they have gone to baseball games, etc

An a

IC B2

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by yukon254
With stories like this coming out on a regular basis now, I think its going to get harder to convince anyone of the risk/reward. The data clearly shows that over 99% of people recover from covid without any medical interventions. The vaccines dont stop the spread, thats blatantly obvious now.

It's false internet information that keeps getting spread around that will ensure that this disease stays around a long long time and you're one of the worst for perpetuating that on this site.

Things like "vaccines do not stop the spread" when clearly they do (Israel is one of the good examples happening since they're ahead of most countries in vaccination rates and infection rates are dropping).

Go ahead - might as well give us some more half baked info from questionable sources or just pull it out of your hind end - whichever. You obviously have such specialized secret knowledge to share. How about this one - I heard on the internet that vaccines are derived from unborn fetuses. No kidding - My wife found it on FaceBook, so it's got to be true right???? shocked

Lorne is right - hate and fear will turn on stubborn people who will not get vaccinated because they heard something somewhere and of course it's in vogue right now to be anti government on all things, all the time. They are the ones holding back full normalcy and preventing the economy from bouncing back.

I've refrained from commenting on this too often because there seems to be more conspiracy nuts on here than normal and there's no use fighting for the sake of fighting and some people you'll just never reach but sometime you just get very tired of the same anti vaccination BS over and over ad nauseam especially when a member of your own family has recently been affected.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
/[/quote]
hate and fear will turn on stubborn people who will not get vaccinated [/quote]

Ha! You “refrained” from saying something till you couldn’t any longer, LOL. Now you finally exposed your true colors. YOU are the coward; afraid to go outside unless you wear a jock-strap on your chin. YOU are the libtard that trusts MSM. YOU are the imbecile that trusts “science”, and Bill Gates.
And, according to your statement that I just quoted. YOU, out of “hate and fear”, will “turn on” us “stubborn people who will not get vaccinated”!!! Yes, that is where the libtards are going with all of this propaganda and fear-mongering about the “Covid” plandemic. Congratulations!!! YOU, along with millions of others that are part of the vaccinated “Covid Cult”, will do EXACTLY what evil politicians and MSM tell you to do! People like you ARE THE PROBLEM!! YOU will soon be the so-called “anti-vaccer’s” problem, for you and your fellow weak-minded Covidiots will do ANYTHING to preserve your own lifestyle, comforts, and your own hide. Yes, like a true Demonrat, you will be a rat, that betrays his fellow citizens that don’t conform to your twisted ideology!!! I’m really watching out for vultures like you. In a few months, remember that I predicted what you were going to do, when you do it

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Flushed out another Liberal as our American friends would say.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by PSE

It's false internet information that keeps getting spread around that will ensure that this disease stays around a long long time and you're one of the worst for perpetuating that on this site.

Things like "vaccines do not stop the spread" when clearly they do (Israel is one of the good examples happening since they're ahead of most countries in vaccination rates and infection rates are dropping).

Go ahead - might as well give us some more half baked info from questionable sources or just pull it out of your hind end - whichever. You obviously have such specialized secret knowledge to share. How about this one - I heard on the internet that vaccines are derived from unborn fetuses. No kidding - My wife found it on FaceBook, so it's got to be true right???? shocked

Lorne is right - hate and fear will turn on stubborn people who will not get vaccinated because they heard something somewhere and of course it's in vogue right now to be anti government on all things, all the time. They are the ones holding back full normalcy and preventing the economy from bouncing back.

I've refrained from commenting on this too often because there seems to be more conspiracy nuts on here than normal and there's no use fighting for the sake of fighting and some people you'll just never reach but sometime you just get very tired of the same anti vaccination BS over and over ad nauseam especially when a member of your own family has recently been affected.

This is the fear mongering that will allow this culture of fear to continue

Stubborn people who won’t get vaccinated?

Like the person who knows that they have a 97.5 chance of NOT catching the virus . And a 98%+ chance of survival if they do?

Or the healthy 28 year old woman who is aware of her extremely low risk of serious illness and chooses NOT to put a new vaccine into her body.

People that morons like you who will ‘shame’ the above people and criticize them because they don’t make the same choices as you have.

I didn’t get a chance to finish my above post ( was waiting for my wife who was shopping for bedding plants 😂).

I’m not sure Canadians have the intestinal fortitude to say “ I’ve had enough “ . Too many look forward to waking up and being told what to do.

Unfortunately

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by saskfox
Flushed out another Liberal as our American friends would say.

LOL; I wish the flush was down the toilet

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Personally, the harder the government pushes me to get vaccinated, the less likely I am to do so. The more the urban dwellers want to try and guilt me into getting a shot I probably don't need, the less likely I am to get it. I've been getting lied to for over a year now; by both sides of the argument, by the way. Covid case numbers and outcomes are distorted and misrepresented. "Vaccination" efficacy is exaggerated, minimized, or misrepresented; depending on which side is telling the story.
It would appear that for most people, those with no other factors, the chance of dying is much, much less than 1 in 100. In fact, for those who are unlikely to develop any serious illness from covid-19, getting an inoculation which will change the outcome little if any, is just a little foolish. Doing so to make a bunch of other people feel safe is questionable.
Just heard from my uncle who had covid back in January. He is my age (72), overweight but active. He told me about a fairly arduous hike he went on yesterday. No apparent ill effects from his bout with covid, which was not all that rough. I don't what my risk is (I'm more fit, more active, than my uncle) but right now, I don't feel too at risk. I will get a shot or two if I am convinced my risk will be reduced and if I'm convinced that risk is significant enough to worry about. I won't get them to help the rest of the country feel they are closer to the mythical herd immunity. Hate me if you will. GD

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Got my first shot a couple weeks ago. For myself it was to reduce the risk to myself (Afib) and, more importantly, to reduce the risk (by transmission) to others in my family/community. I assessed the risk from getting the shot as much much less than the 2 mile drive to the clinic.
Rather than just complain (loudly and constantly) about wanting everyday life to return to what was normal (or as close as we will come) I thought it incumbent on me to contribute some effort towards that goal.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
If you libs would get castrated early your chance of prostate cancer and unwanted children would be lowered to just about zero. Rush in and get it done. Ed

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
One thing I have noticed is, those who have been vaccinated, convinced they are safe from illness, do begin to acquire a more cavalier attitude toward covid. This may be a good thing, in many respects as behaviour becomes more normalized. The downside is that they continue to be carriers of the virus if exposed. I recently spoke with a woman who said she got vaccinated so she could go into the seniors home and visit her mother. Hopefully, all of those old folks have been vaccinated too or we might see a few more covid deaths as asymptomatic, vaccinated, carriers come in to say hello. GD

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by PSE

What false information?? I was at a community meeting last week where our own MLA ( Liberal) told us that the 'science' they are getting indicates that masks are still required after vaccination because the virus can still be spread by vaccinated people. Do you think those base ball players were contagious ?? They were all vaccinated.

Hate and fear is nothing new. The left has been using it for decades. They endorse crowds of BLM protesters as the march across the country burning cities, yet anyone who peacefully disagrees with their propaganda ( like the protestors in Quebec) are "dangerous right wing extremists.)
You are using the same tactic by trying ridicule anyone who doesnt 'fall in line', and lap up the propaganda CBC spoon feeds you daily.

Personally, I would rather think for myself. I believe the virus is real, and I believe some people have real problems with it. Just like they do with many other illnesses. The data isnt even debatable at this point. The vast majority of us are not going to have any problem with covid. It doesnt meet the criteria of a pandemic, but it has given the government more control over our lives than anything in history.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One of the by products of this pandemic has been turning us into armchair experts on the spread of this disease . Which sadly has led to a lot of BS that fits political agendas, not science. Unless it's peer reviewed, it's merely hearsay. Another word for BS.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
One of the by products of this pandemic has been turning us into armchair experts on the spread of this disease . Which sadly has led to a lot of BS that fits political agendas, not science. Unless it's peer reviewed, it's merely hearsay. Another word for BS.

Unfortunately, that is very true. frown

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y

Agreed. Thats the main reason so many questions have come up. The best peer reviewed science we have says masks dont work. Overwhelmingly so; yet our local and federal governments are still mandating them.

Same thing with ivermectin, as can be seen here:

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2021-05/fccc-lpr050621.php

Last edited by yukon254; 05/16/21.
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Lots of scientific data in this article. The problem is few really care about science anymore.

https://www.aier.org/article/masking-a-careful-review-of-the-evidence/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Unfortunately, that knife cuts both ways. One reason that people who are regularly supporters of vaccines are skeptical of these COVID vaccines, is that the governments are publishing data, restrictions, and info that are not based on peer-reviewed science but rather political agendas and hearsay, as you put it. This leads to a lot of skepticism and distrust for info put out by media, governments, etc. I know a lot of people who have received all sorts of vaccines, and so have their kids, but they are waiting on the COVID vaccine to see what the medium- to long-term repercussions are.

Another point to be made is that this virus and these vaccines are also new to the scientific community, so even the peer-reviewed literature evolves as time goes on, meaning that if you take peer-reviewed science to be "gospel truth" today, it may change tomorrow.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Define "peer" please.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That question is best answered by Lancet or New England Journal of Medicine..

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
To me taking the shot or not is a personal choice. Tough call with a new vaccine. Being a polio survivor and having post polio syndrome I really wonder what the long term effects will be on those that have had COVID even in its milder forms. I know of several people that have had COVID, were hospitalized and months later are not back to a "normal" for them routine.

On the government side I do not see Trudeau wanting a return to normal where he has to show up for work, is questioned and does not have the luxury of governing from his cottage. He will string this out as long as it can benefit him and the Liberal party.

Add a little humor to this. I think we all knew this already so it does not require a peer review.

Hugh
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
As I’ve said before, I am not an anti-vaxxer. The flu almost killed me in 1996 and I still have a blood disorder and compromised immune system as a result. So, I get my flu shot every year.

However, I also believe this vaccine was rushed to market. Having said that, I got my Pfizer vaccine 3 weeks ago, because I know that it’s going to be necessary for me to travel either for pleasure or work. Plus, I got decent enough information from medical people that I know and trust to decide to get it. FWIW, I had a slight tiredness 1 hour post-vaccine, then some lightheadedness and sweats at hours 3-4. Those side effects were gone by dinnertime and I’ve had none since.

That still does not mean I don’t believe that gov’ts are using and abusing this pandemic to further their own agenda. “The Great Reset” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Reset and One World currency are not conspiracy theories, they are real UN initiatives. The end result being all currency is electronic meaning gov’ts can manipulate it right down to controlling your individual bank account (and thereby controlling you).

While it would certainly relieve many countries like Canada and the US of their crushing debt, it would also destroy our economies because we’d all be beholden to a economic standard to benefit third-world, instead of developed countries. Think “Free Trade” and offshore manufacturing on a massive scale. Meaning no manual labour jobs in first-world countries. Good luck if you don’t know how to code, as Biden says you should.

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
As I’ve said before, I am not an anti-vaxxer. The flu almost killed me in 1996 and I still have a blood disorder and compromised immune system as a result. So, I get my flu shot every year.

However, I also believe this vaccine was rushed to market. Having said that, I got my Pfizer vaccine 3 weeks ago, because I know that it’s going to be necessary for me to travel either for pleasure or work. Plus, I got decent enough information from medical people that I know and trust to decide to get it. FWIW, I had a slight tiredness 1 hour post-vaccine, then some lightheadedness and sweats at hours 3-4. Those side effects were gone by dinnertime and I’ve had none since.

That still does not mean I don’t believe that gov’ts are using and abusing this pandemic to further their own agenda. “The Great Reset” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Reset and One World currency are not conspiracy theories, they are real UN initiatives. The end result being all currency is electronic meaning gov’ts can manipulate it right down to controlling your individual bank account (and thereby controlling you).

While it would certainly relieve many countries like Canada and the US of their crushing debt, it would also destroy our economies because we’d all be beholden to a economic standard to benefit third-world, instead of developed countries. Think “Free Trade” and offshore manufacturing on a massive scale. Meaning no manual labour jobs in first-world countries. Good luck if you don’t know how to code, as Biden says you should.

Lots of truth to this ^. Scary times we are in.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm healthy. I'm rural. Believe Trudeau and Dr. Tam Tam. I've had the same family dr. since 1988. He says the least they poke and prod you the better you are.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

lol.. Didn't the established medical profession praise the BLm protests/ super spreader vents last summer during the height of the deadly china pandemic ?

Last edited by ribka; 05/16/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is even more off topic than my comment. The topic is Canadian response to restrictions. In the third largest urban area in the country, it's acceptance. The box score is a major news item. BTW The restrictions vary by province.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is even more off topic than my comment. The topic is Canadian response to restrictions. In the third largest urban area in the country, it's acceptance. The box score is a major news item. BTW The restrictions vary by province.

Settle down Karen. grin

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
“Peer review” has gone woke. Too many examples of following the politics (money) rather than the science. Remember the hockey stick graph? Also plenty of scientists who have been cancelled for publishing the “wrong” information. Google “Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria”.

It’s unfortunate that we now have to go with our gut, rather than what the “experts” say.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The link to the Yankees article reminded me of the issue of spread.

About a month ago a guy at work got it.
No idea how, no one around him had it.

Christmas time, he was at a family dinner and several got sick within
a day. All positive. He didnt get sick.

Anyway, on a Tuesday, 15 of us crowded into a small room for 2 hours of
safety/hazmat training. Not a mask in sight. I even laughed at the irony
of watching a video on mask/respirator use under those circumstances.

He said he didn't feel good. Wednessday he left early.
Thursday he got test results. Positive.

He sat within a foot of me, within 10 feet of every person in the room.
No a single other person got it.

WTF?
This is a bad bug, it's hurt a lot of people.
But, what's been worse?
The spread of the disease, or the damage caused by the spreading BS?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
The link to the Yankees article reminded me of the issue of spread.

About a month ago a guy at work got it.
No idea how, no one around him had it.

Christmas time, he was at a family dinner and several got sick within
a day. All positive. He didnt get sick.

Anyway, on a Tuesday, 15 of us crowded into a small room for 2 hours of
safety/hazmat training. Not a mask in sight. I even laughed at the irony
of watching a video on mask/respirator use under those circumstances.

He said he didn't feel good. Wednessday he left early.
Thursday he got test results. Positive.

He sat within a foot of me, within 10 feet of every person in the room.
No a single other person got it.

WTF?
This is a bad bug, it's hurt a lot of people.
But, what's been worse?
The spread of the disease, or the damage caused by the spreading BS?

I've heard a few stories like yours where some will get it and others who were in close contact with them wont. Antibody tests show some people have had it without knowing it and therefore have immunity, and I've read reports where they have found antibodies in blood taken long before covid was a thing, so some people obviously have immunity.

The most damage IMO has been done by the medical community that refuses to use HQ or Ivermectin, even though the data clearly shows it works. A couple we know well are in the ICU in Anchorage right now with covid, and so far they havent been given either, and the husband is himself a doctor. They are fighting the system, trying to get it, but as of yesterday they hadnt gotten it yet. To me, thats criminal.

FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The most damage IMO has been done by the medical community that refuses to use HQ or Ivermectin, even though the data clearly shows it works. A couple we know well are in the ICU in Anchorage right now with covid, and so far they havent been given either, and the husband is himself a doctor. They are fighting the system, trying to get it, but as of yesterday they hadnt gotten it yet. To me, thats criminal.

If this is true we have been victims of a colossal fraud by our elected officials.

Attached Images
thumbnail.jpg (26.29 KB, 182 downloads)
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by FWP

If this is true we have been victims of a colossal fraud by our elected officials.

Oh I dont think there is any doubt that we have, and continue to be, victims of colossal fraud.

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Which is really important on the Canada forum.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Well it has some very interesting information about the item with the single biggest impact on life in Canada this past 14 months minimum and likely in the past 5-10 years based on impact. An item that will have tremendous impact going forward .

So yes information on an issue that is kind of important to everyone .......

If you are not interested , don't read it , the rest of us don't need your 'guidance'.

Last edited by Lorne; 05/17/21.
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Lorne is correct. Nothing in our lifetime has had an impact like covid and the restrictions have. This is especially true for sportsmen and women. Over the last couple of weeks with the restrictions in the US lifting we have been getting a lot of phone calls and emails from clients wondering if they will have to have proof of vaccination, and be required to wear masks when the border is finally opened. We still have no answers for them.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
An estimate by one of the banks (BMO I think) was mentioned in the National Post a couple months ago . Their (self admitted estimate) was that the restrictions imposed have cost , and are costing Canada $500 Million per DAY . Every day

I know of a long time gun shop/gun smith that shut it down this year . COVID, and the government response to it , finished him off . I expect there are many many more .

I have close contact with a couple of northern big game outfitters . They survived 2020 .........very serious question for them if 2021. I think that any possible change to the restrictions is pretty important to them

Pretty direct impact on sportsmen and women is correct . I find it important

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We have been hit with the largest single disruption in our lifetimes. Even the war in Vietnam happened in Asia. Most people went on with their lives, unless your son was over there. I can understand why people would deny reality.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
16806 population in our county. 503 cases total to date, 56 current active cases at present. No deaths. On the other hand 3 otherwise seemingly healthy middle aged non covid infected people have died in the county within 4 days after being vaccinated. What their cause of death was I don't know. Seems like an odd coincidence??

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

My brother lives in Dallas. Both he and his wife (in their early 50's) have had both shots (Pfizer) a little over 2 months ago. He told me recently that with the high vaccinations COVID is now a non issue for them either for work or going out. Basically back to normal. Their health care system also seems to have a jump on early cases with treatment options that is doing something to keep people out of ICU's.

I have also spoken with friends in Arizona that have not gotten the shot, are older (80's) and have maintained a normal life style. Including selling a home and moving into a new one this past spring.

Something is not right up here.

Hugh
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by HughW

My brother lives in Dallas. Both he and his wife (in their early 50's) have had both shots (Pfizer) a little over 2 months ago. He told me recently that with the high vaccinations COVID is now a non issue for them either for work or going out. Basically back to normal. Their health care system also seems to have a jump on early cases with treatment options that is doing something to keep people out of ICU's.

I have also spoken with friends in Arizona that have not gotten the shot, are older (80's) and have maintained a normal life style. Including selling a home and moving into a new one this past spring.

Something is not right up here.

Yea I agree Hugh. We have half a dozen clients who have become good friends that live in Texas. They have maintained a fairly normal lifestyle throughout the last year. My wife's parents live in rural MO. and they have been almost completely unaffected. Each spring we usually fly down and spend two weeks with them fishing / camping on Bull Shoals. Its become a tradition for them. We couldnt go this year, or last of course, but they have gone and had a great time. They are both in their 70s, have decided not to get the vaccine, and to go on enjoying life. I have had this thought often over the last year and a half.....how much time do we have to waste? The truth is none of us know the answer to that, but when you close in on 60, the clock is running. Missing two seasons is a big deal to me. I've worked hard all my life, I dont need or want anyone telling me how to live the last decade or so I have left.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Your words -- How much time do we have to waste --- but when you are close to 60 the clock is running --- really ring true. I will be 70 this year and missed much of last fall's traditional hunts for geese with the guys and a few special draws.

I had coffee with one of the fellows that I have hunted with - Jim. In the 14 months of fear Jim has changed. He was always a little OCD and a worrier. His life now is risk adverse -- do not go outside, do not go around people, used to golf with a group -- no more as this is risky, flat out told me even if the lockdown is removed he would not goose hunt with the group this year (all old vaccinated people) -- it was hard to get him to come out for a coffee at an outside table at an A&W --- he wanted to sterilize the concrete table. For some people like Jim I do not think there will be a way out. The change to them will be permanent and at 70 how many years does he have left to be active. Prolonged fear can do funny things to people.

Then you have the manipulation by government. How inside of a week can we be told in Alberta that they will not be giving out AZ shots any more to people as a first dose, that there is 8600 for 2nd dose then no more ---- this is one week after they were pushing this shot -- it is available take it (which our daughter did). Now she is out on a limb -- no 2nd dose available, not recommended to take, India stops shipments and then suddenly there is more AZ and it is fine. Total inconsistent messaging is making it hard for people to believe the messengers anymore.

I have not yet booked any fishing trips due to not knowing on travel restrictions for when they will be lifted. My group of 4 guys that get together to shoot clays had to stop for 3 weeks (minimum) as we are not from the same household. I will be shutting down my consulting business as work has been slowly drying up over this past year. Our dog training groups are shut down due to restrictions.

A person tries to stay positive through this but the inconsistent messaging and decisions that are not risk based which make no sense, are making it harder to support the people putting out the messages.

Hugh
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hugh;
Good evening to you sir, I hope that despite all else going on around us that you had a decent day and all who matter to you are healthy.

Like yukon, I'm pushing 60 and yes indeed I too feel the clock ticking. Partially that's accompanied by the family history of the men not making it much past 70, so there is that.

One of the many things we're going to have to sort out - IF - we can sort it out, is the long tern effect of both the government and media switching message so often and the fear mongering.

It's absolutely going to have a lasting effect on a number of people and for the younger ones it's going to go on for a longer time of course.

We have family as well that's got the first shot of AZ - got it on the day BC decided not to give it to anyone under 30 - so we'll see what they decide for him.

As far as hunting and fishing, yes for sure it's tough to plan that with any certainty. I'm still attempting to figure out how to do our annual Hunter Safety Course at the gun club and remain in compliance. Again I'm not concerned for myself, but don't want to have any bad press for the club or hunters and gun owners.

Interesting times indeed isn't it?

Well said though sir that we'll try to stay positive and perhaps some of us more senior folks will have opportunity to lead/mentor as many of us have survived much worse than this beer flu mess and are still here.

All the best to you all Hugh.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I find the media screw up the facts as much as much as anything else. Nor are they through when the modeling predicts dire consequences .It's headlines only. It's like they think we can't take reality. .This third wave was predicted .

When you are playing cards, you play the hand dealt. You don't go wandering off ranting calling the player whose turn it was to deal a cheat.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
BC's Dr BS Bonnie Henry has said we might be looking at a fourth wave if Covid isn't reduced globally. In other words, if foreign nations keep producing cases, we'll keep on importing them. Canadian officials, at all levels, continue to deny all responsibility for the import of and inability to deal with, Covid 19. We are stuck with having to get our information from government (Liars 'R' Us), the MSM (Parrots Inc.) or independent sources like "nutbar.com" where some guy with a doctorate in earthworm reproduction spouts his theory regarding vaccine efficacy and side effects.
We have family in various "open" states and some not so open; Florida, Nevada, Idaho, Virginia, Washington. Some family members have caught and recovered from the virus. Some don't know and don't care. Some are, justifiably, concerned. Most have simply continued to live their lives. Our daughter, in Florida, is pretty sure she is safer now, in Florida, than she was in Afghanistan so she doesn't worry much. For myself, this particular Canadian has, indeed, had enough. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You caught her update on Monday, eh.A lot of talk to say Mutations may change the landscape. BTW Already the Indian variant has mutated, it's the .2 version now. As if the earlier version wasn't contagious enough

Canadians as nation are pretty adventurous . On some little Greek island I would find a couple of Canadians already there. But very rarely would I come across an American in my travels.There are 10x as many Yanks as Canucks. so you would think at least equal numbers. These travelers do come home.And legally they can. Also we are a land of immigrants, some even came from United States, chuckle. The relative low cost of air fares means they go back to visit patents and relatives To the law, it doesn't matter if returnee i from a village in Iran or a town in Utah. (One of my grandparents came from Utah.) .We had to allow truckers to keep driving. It would be nice if we could do like the Kiwis did and close the border hard, But that's not our reality.

All we can do is vaccinate our way out of this. Those that refuse vaccinations are dooming us .

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
All we can do is vaccinate our way out of this. Those that refuse vaccinations are dooming us .

Sugar-free Koolaid?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by BC30cal
One of the many things we're going to have to sort out - IF - we can sort it out, is the long tern effect of both the government and media switching message so often and the fear mongering.

Interesting times indeed isn't it? Well said though sir that we'll try to stay positive and perhaps some of us more senior folks will have opportunity to lead/mentor as many of us have survived much worse than this beer flu mess and are still here.

All the best to you all Hugh. Dwayne

Dwayne, all the best to you. It is a light shower day here with a forecast of snow late evening and overnight. Our annual May dump of white may be on the way. The moisture is badly needed.

Your one comment on the long term effect of the government and media switching messaging is interesting and if more people actually took the time to critically watch / review what has been going on they would see a shell game. I believe COVID is a serious issue however I have never in my life or my career backed away from telling people the whole story and outlining the proposed solution. What we have now is ever changing goal posts to re-opening or a gift bestowed on us at some point in the future by a benevolent government of life returning to normal - perhaps if everything works out.

The current example I would note to this is todays news in Alberta saying the road to re-opening is for the non-believers in Alberta (now at 17% to get vaccinated) and low hospitalization numbers (currently 220 ish in ICU of which 50% are CV). At one point it was 50% of the population to be vaccinated then 70% now it is 85% plus a reduction in hospitalization.

Note that the message put out does not say anything about being fully vaccinated. That is 2 shots. The 2nd dose for those that choose to take is not scheduled until late summer and a fully vaccinated 85% number will be into early fall.

Now the real life example of why this lack of full disclosure is important. A person having one shot can still be infected, become ill or become a carrier. Our son works in a high risk non medical environment. Even though he is under 40 he has received his first shot a couple of months ago. He is tested every two weeks and even though he has never been positive he has been sent home to isolated 3 times due to contact tracking of potential exposures at his work.

So now with more variants, the open border policy of the Feds, the lack of a 2nd dose for those that want it and having the duration between doses for Canadians being beyond the supplier recommendations what is real the measuring stick for re-opening? There are missing pieces.
What are the real metrics for reduced restrictions?

Closing drive-ins for families because they may leave their cars and mingle with others is over the top big brother and these types of actions have people pushing back. It seems the protests are getting more people involved every day.

I keep telling my wife all we can do is look after ourselves and our immediate family. Life as we knew it has changed and now we adjust and move forward in a different direction. We know the risks and can manage our lives accordingly without big brothers help.

Take care

Hugh
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It depends on how effective anti-vaxers are in spreading their point of view. The slower we are are to hitting 75% first dose and 20% fully vaccination rates, the longer we will be living under restrictions. You in the Yukon months ago should have gotten your Moderna shot You are a long ways from the urban reality that I and the vast majority of Canadians face. They will be blaming the anti-maskers and anti- vaxcers , not the politicians for the slow lifting of the restrictions. . With many cuss words, I might add. Just watch the public opinion turn on them. We daily see the mess the Manitoba and Alberta are in.

So you feel the government has the right to force a vaccination on you for a largely survivable virus? Or is this an overreaching number of citizens?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You caught her update on Monday, eh.A lot of talk to say Mutations may change the landscape. BTW Already the Indian variant has mutated, it's the .2 version now. As if the earlier version wasn't contagious enough

Canadians as nation are pretty adventurous . On some little Greek island I would find a couple of Canadians already there. But very rarely would I come across an American in my travels.There are 10x as many Yanks as Canucks. so you would think at least equal numbers. These travelers do come home.And legally they can. Also we are a land of immigrants, some even came from United States, chuckle. The relative low cost of air fares means they go back to visit patents and relatives To the law, it doesn't matter if returnee i from a village in Iran or a town in Utah. (One of my grandparents came from Utah.) .We had to allow truckers to keep driving. It would be nice if we could do like the Kiwis did and close the border hard, But that's not our reality.

So herd immunity does not exist? Or the fact that 85% of those who get the virus are hardly effected at all? And the fact that if you do get sick there are readily available medications that mitigate disease quickly? And the vaccines themselves have only gotten through the first part of the trials doesn't bother you at all? I certainly don't trust Biden or Trudeau enough to take that risk. You must.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WTM45

Sugar-free Koolaid?

In the latest Angus Reid poll numbers, 84% of Canadians believe as I do. And that number has been on a steady increase !

Hugh, the questions you ask are all valid They simply do not know !! It's been only little over a year since they took this seriously. .Studies do take time. But I don't think it's a conspiracy. They lack courage to confront it, and brains to understand it. The lack of courage is Greydog's pet peeve. Politicians are only average smart, likely even less than us. .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Sugar-free Koolaid?

In the latest Angus Reid poll numbers, 84% of Canadians believe as I do. And that number has been on a steady increase !

Hugh, the questions you ask are all valid They simply do not know !! It's been only little over a year since they took this seriously. .Studies do take time. But I don't think it's a conspiracy. They lack courage to confront it, and brains to understand it. The lack of courage is Greydog's pet peeve. Politicians are only average smart, likely even less than us. .

I’ve been saying this for a year , or more now.
Patiently waiting for my second shot.

The first was for the herd, but the second is for me.
We’ll soon need an annual booster for the currently dominant variant(s)

Enough with Dix Neuf !!

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
In the latest Angus Reid poll numbers, 84% of Canadians believe as I do. And that number has been on a steady increase!

Not surprised in the least.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I won't be taking any Vaccine, and I don't believe any polls. I think if someone shows up to make me take it or else, they will find that living without freedom isn't as important as some people think it is.
Anyone who trusts Mr Tam, or Fauci is a fool.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
I won't be taking any Vaccine, and I don't believe any polls. I think if someone shows up to make me take it or else, they will find that living without freedom isn't as important as some people think it is.
Anyone who trusts Mr Tam, or Fauci is a fool.

WELL said SIR.............................BTW my wife and I BOTH got the Pfizer double dose. Reason????????????? We are praying to cross the border this November to go hunt the island once again. She is recovering from 3 strokes and all she wants to do is go hunting. I can not believe Fauci is still stealing oxygen from the rest of us.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've had more than enough.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What fool thinks that opening up isolated hunting and fishing resorts and Guide/outfitters to foreign hunters/fishers is going to cause an outbreak? They obviously think we are stupid, and some of us are. I have yet to know anyone, who know's someone with the wuhan, yet we are locked down because of a condensed population in a localized area.

For the second time now...none of these rules apply to the FN communities, they continue to do as they please, therefore, its a big lie.

What really gets me is how we get strung along with carefully worded phrases coming out of some talking head. We have heard so much bs now, look at the size of this Country...are you telling me we are of one mind??

On the Vaccine...well maybe if Trudeau hadn't screwed up we would of had the majority vaccinated, but because he trusted his Chinese buddies to pull through and they didn't.

A team of fugging Monkey's working on damage control 24/7 here.

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by 673
What fool thinks that opening up isolated hunting and fishing resorts and Guide/outfitters to foreign hunters/fishers is going to cause an outbreak? They obviously think we are stupid, and some of us are. I have yet to know anyone, who know's someone with the wuhan, yet we are locked down because of a condensed population in a localized area.

For the second time now...none of these rules apply to the FN communities, they continue to do as they please, therefore, its a big lie.

What really gets me is how we get strung along with carefully worded phrases coming out of some talking head. We have heard so much bs now, look at the size of this Country...are you telling me we are of one mind??

On the Vaccine...well maybe if Trudeau hadn't screwed up we would of had the majority vaccinated, but because he trusted his Chinese buddies to pull through and they didn't.

A team of fugging Monkey's working on damage control 24/7 here.

I agree. Judging by some of the comments I see in the online papers now I think the tide is shifting. Its pretty hard for the liberals to convince people they are doing the right thing when any halfwit can see what is happening in states like Texas and Fl. and others where the restrictions are lifted. We are still locked down tighter than a bearproof drum and to date, not one single person has been hospitalized with covid here. Not one. But you are right, some people are stupid enough that they are all for it. In my experience those people have spent most of their lives working for the government and cant think for themselves anyway. They are going to continue to do whatever they are told to do, and thats just the way it is.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
i enjoy the banter on this thread. myself and other americans could take a few notes on being lesssnarky.

that said, makes a guy glad to be a south dakota resident

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would of written letters to my MLA, MP, but they never reply, so its a waste of time.

We should be demanding that they lift the restrictions so we as taxpayers can stop the bleeding.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Small c conservative economists, will tell you it's not a either or, rather a when. . The pandemic has to be behind us for the economy to get back to normal, that's the when. . For governments of all stripes, their measures have been designed to keep the businesses if not afloat but still in business and the employees still on the record. , Allowing a quick rebound after the vaccinations.

Get vaccinated, I've heard one of the side effects is your male member grows 2 inches and remains firm all night.

FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Get vaccinated, I've heard one of the side effects is your male member grows 2 inches and remains firm all night.

Not true!! More liberal "Fake News". grin

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My opinion- I had the vaccine, shot #1, it was no inconvenience, no pain at all and I have zero worries about this even If there is a tiny chance it could help others around me.
I am from a generation that washed up with leaded gas, I soldered galvanized sheet metal for years with 50% lead solder. Stripped asbestos by hand with no personal protection, and so on .
I have also absorbed invermectin inadvertently worming cows, horses chickens etc. Juggled mercury in our hands.
I tiny little vaccine shot to the arm is nothing by comparison, just chase it with a little rye whiskey and you will be fine.
No , we have a inept federal government, this isn't above abject compliance ,I trust my gut on these things.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
When the government and medical community gives me some solid information with no lying, I'll consider a shot. Right now, they have a track record of lying which is difficult to overlook. I really don't like being pressured or coerced. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I read it on the net, so like so much other news it must be true.

I'm of the generation that got the first polio vaccine shot. The scare on my arm is pretty small compared to what some others have. I got a Pfizer 1st dose with no side effects. Must be one of the other vaccines.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
There is a huge difference between the vaccine for polio or smallpox and one for covid. I would consider the covid shot to be more comparable to a vaccine for measles or mumps; you know, those diseases we all got and developed an immunity to. We are being fed manipulated numbers and exaggerated claims. We are being told the vax will be required for us to resume a normal existence. We are inundated with stories of bad outcomes while the millions of cases with minor or no symptoms are downplayed, under reported, or dismissed. I don't fault people for wanting to feel safer and I'm hoping it works out but I do not want them trying to shame me into following suit. Some might think I am just being stubborn or stiff necked and maybe I am. I still resent being lied to and resent being pressured. GD

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Greydog, I am much the same as you in that I have no use for liars and I take my time to research items / situations before making decisions. While I do not like being forced down paths my career was one of pressure and being given assignments that for some I did not agree with, I had to do to the best of my ability for a positive outcome.

I think if you take into account the Cutter Incident there could be similarities with the thoughts people had with the polio out break. Would the vaccine help or make the situation worse? I had polio and had friends that had it as well. Of the friends only one was more seriously affected, two had lesser physical impacts. At 70, I am the only one of the 4 still above grass. There are many people my age that were not impacted by polio. Some were vaccinated and many were not. With the Cutter incident I am not sure if I was an adult at that time what choice I would have made for my family.

In the case of COVID I had mentioned on another forum several months back that the long term effects of COVID were not known and for those that had the most serious case the long term could be much like polio in that polio has a post polio syndrome and COVID now is being talked about for people that have been hit the hardest as having long COVID (respiratory, mental fog, organ issues). This is not what I would call as open common knowledge that has been presented to people. This is concerning as it is a future stressor on the health system and information people should be made aware of --- not in a fear way but one of knowledge to allow for decisions.

There is no doubt in my mind that the current Federal government has used this incident to their advantage. All a person has to recall is the Liberal attempt to get 2 years of no parliament for them to operate without opposition questions (not that the current situation is any better). The most recent statement by Trudeau that if 75% of Canadians receive one shot then they could have small back yard get togethers this summer and a 85% fully vaccinated population would allow more indoor activities to me shows that he wants to maintain the fear and control of the population. With the media in his hand this manipulation will continue unless people push back.

I think it was Yukon that commented on the intelligence level of this group of politicians as being average. I would rate that comment as generous as this group in my view is highly under qualified, are not strategic thinkers and do not present risk based decisions. They instead try to manipulate / deflect / diffuse / place blame on others with misinformation to cover up for their own mistakes. I can see where a person could see this as being lied to and being pressured.

The other option is to consider the leadership as being so stupid that they do not know any better and are clueless as to the right approach.

Hugh
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Trudeau is not the sharpest knife in the drawer and he made sure that his cabinet reflected that by “equity” appointments ie. not the best person for the job, but the person who was the right sex, ethnicity, race, whatever. They also had to be Yes men, as reflected by his ousting of anyone who pushed back on him.

He didn’t the job on merit and none of his cabinet appointments did either. That’s how we find ourselves in the situation we’re in.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A cabinet post should be based on their experience and track record of handling such affairs. Not their gender,ethnicity or sexual orientation.

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by greydog
When the government and medical community gives me some solid information with no lying, I'll consider a shot. Right now, they have a track record of lying which is difficult to overlook. I really don't like being pressured or coerced. GD

Some very good points here ^. Governments, and the mainstream medical community on both sides of the border have been so inconsistent its amazing that anyone still takes them seriously. Its obvious the flip flopping has nothing to do with science. Im sure everyone remembers when Fauci and the WHO said the general public should not wear masks. Then Fauci later said you should wear two masks. Then recently the CDC said people who have been vaccinated no longer need to wear masks, yet congress, New Jersey, a few other states, and all of Canada refuse to lift the mask mandates. Then other states are putting bills forward to make mask mandates illegal.

The same people who say follow the science are ignoring it. The vaccination campaign that has been put in place all over the world is unlike anything we've ever seen. It just doesnt pass the smell test for me. It has never been about science, its about money, and control, and anyone in favor of vaccine passports slept through history class.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by PSE

There are lots of GOOD reasons to NOT get vaccinated... from a scientific perspective. However, what gets injected into YOUR body should be YOUR decision, not dictated by government... and not due to pressure from "sheeple" that mindlessly follow the accepted storyline that is being pushed by pharmaceutical companies, governments and major media outlets. There is another story, but you can't find it... nay-sayers have been shamed and ridiculed into silence and the internet has been white-washed of opposing views... ask yourself why alternate opinions are silenced and HOW they are silenced.... they are wiped from Google searches, Twitter and social media accounts cancelled... when governments and corporations go to these lengths to silence opposing opinions there is good reason for caution.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The anti vaccination group of people are in our own families, this is certainly a political hockey puck.
It is a personal choice however and others should respect this choice, imo.
Also, I hunt wild sheep, and if I am compared to a great, old warrior ram....it is a compliment. Not all sheep are timid followers .
I had shot#1/ Pfizer with zero after affects, if my doing this helps anyone around me, that is enough for me.
It is good to question big business/ gov't motives etc, but this to can be a problematic
I hope and pray that other Canadian's find some peace over this choice....yeah, prayer is the key .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
comerade;
Good morning to you my cyber friend, I hope that you're getting enough rain out in your part of our beautiful province and that all who matter to you are healthy.

Like you, I've got factions of both sides of the beer flu mess and as an extension vaccine use or not in my immediate family.

I could not agree with you more when you've suggested it's a personal choice and it would be appropriate for others to respect that choice.

Again, even in my own family this isn't taking place, so I'm not holding my breath - but here's the really sad thing - most of my family believe in prayer too, but despite my best efforts to remind them we're not really and truly at the helm here... well the noise gets in the way doesn't it?

If it's okay with you sir, I'll join you in the hope and prayer that other Canadians can find peace over their choice about this and all the attendant clutter that's accompanying it.

All the very best of our Lord's Blessings to you and your family.

Dwayne

PS.
We're really dry here this spring, which is somewhat at odds with the adequate higher than average snow pack. But she's dry and dusty up in the mountains. frown

Stay well.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dwayne,
We are experiencing drought conditions here. The snowpack is well below average and we have had an exceptionally dry spring. There are lakes and ponds which are dry now and have not been dry at any time over the last 35 years. Went to have a look at one lake the other day and it is 25 feet below normal spring levels. On the bright side, I may be able to access high elevations. I can plan for hunting season since I can't participate in any shooting competitions this year. If getting vaccinated would mean we could open our range to competition again, that would make another argument in favour.
Regarding the vaccines, I concur that the vaccine will protect the recipient from serious symptoms. I do not accept that it provides any protection whatsoever to others. In addition, if a person is vaccinated, he or she has nothing to fear from people who are not vaccinated. Now, we are planning to vaccinated kids from 12 to 17. This is a group for which the incidence of serious illness, indeed, any illness at all, is virtually nil yet we are rushing to give them a shot. This, instead of providing the booster shot to those who may be at risk, by the way. The handling of the pandemic, a pandemic which should never have happened, has been half-assed at best; at every level. GD

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
comerade;
Good morning to you my cyber friend, I hope that you're getting enough rain out in your part of our beautiful province and that all who matter to you are healthy.

Like you, I've got factions of both sides of the beer flu mess and as an extension vaccine use or not in my immediate family.

I could not agree with you more when you've suggested it's a personal choice and it would be appropriate for others to respect that choice.

Again, even in my own family this isn't taking place, so I'm not holding my breath - but here's the really sad thing - most of my family believe in prayer too, but despite my best efforts to remind them we're not really and truly at the helm here... well the noise gets in the way doesn't it?

If it's okay with you sir, I'll join you in the hope and prayer that other Canadians can find peace over their choice about this and all the attendant clutter that's accompanying it.

All the very best of our Lord's Blessings to you and your family.

Dwayne

PS.
We're really dry here this spring, which is somewhat at odds with the adequate higher than average snow pack. But she's dry and dusty up in the mountains. frown

Stay well.
thanks kindly, Dwayne. Well, this rain you have is snow in our land. This moisture will help the growing season.
Yeah, the peace of prayer is sometimes lost in the noise. Join me in prayer for all of us, Thanks for the kind words. God Bless.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A cabinet post should be based on their experience and track record of handling such affairs. Not their gender,ethnicity or sexual orientation.

Meritocracy would be great, but since our governments are elected, regional representation has Always been a part of the make up. of cabinets. In every cabinet ever assembled, loyalty to the leader is the first and most important thing in choosing that MP or MLA.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
greydog;
Good morning to you sir, thanks for the weather update from your part of the world.

I want to say it was at least this dry in the mid '80's here where we had lakes dry up to the point folks were running 4x4's through some spots, buy that's going off of memory and not looking at the records at all.

Honestly while I've tried to do as much reading and research on the plus and minus side of the various vaccines, I must admit that I'm less clear than I'd prefer to be on the topic.

As you've well noted, the entire pandemic has been mismanaged from day one and as I've suggested the flip flopping on "official science" has been problematic to say the least.

This all sort of reminds me of a harassment case I was tasked with investigating back when that was within my job description. We - that is to say one of the business owners, our lawyer and I - were coming out of the arbitration hearing and one of them asked me my take on the past 2 and a half months of interviews, reports and note taking I'd done.

My reply was that I was pretty sure "something" had happened, but the only thing I was sure and certain of was that all of the involved parties had lied to me.... frown

Anyways sir, as mentioned in my post to comerade, I've got both sides of the vaccine issue in my family and can only repeat that I respect anyone's decision for or against.

Indeed though, hunting, scouting for fall hunts and firewood cutting appear to be fine ways to pass the days here as well, so let's hope we get enough rain that they don't decide to close down the bush!

All the best to you all out east there greydog.

Dwayne

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
...As you've well noted, the entire pandemic has been mismanaged from day one and as I've suggested the flip flopping on "official science" has been problematic to say the least....Dwayne

Dwayne, science always changes. You want it to change. That means doctors and scientists are interpreting data and reacting to the situation. You are witnessing qualified people adapting to fit the situation. In many respects, it's like fighting a war. Field commanders must make changes on the fly.

I laugh every time I read posts online made by people who pass unqualified judgments. We should be doing this, or taking this medicine. Ask yourself, Dwayne. Who do you trust, a doctor, or some guy from down the road who drives a school bus? Our bus driver has determined that evil forces are at play! We are all being duped! The government, Bill Gates or space aliens are trying to kill us! The medical profession is purposely misleading the public. Sadly, there is no convincing him otherwise because he knows, dammit!

These people pick and choose which articles they believe. I hope that the general public has more common sense than to take what they say at face value. Research yourself and make an educated judgment. If it's a medicine other than one of the vaccines, ask yourself if the doctors have vetted it. Ask yourself if a group of scientists or doctors would examine and peer review a treatment or a cure, but reject it because it worked? crazy

Pandemics don't happen regularly. Changes are made by qualified people, not the general public. I trust people who are trained in infectious diseases, virologists, etc. They swore an oath to protect the public, not kill them.As well, it is unwise for governments to kill off taxpayers. Their revenue drops.

COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Over 3.4 million people have died. I don't know how many people worldwide have ended up in the hospital. https://covid19.who.int/

As always, if you feel that you do not want the vaccination, don't take it. But please don't bury your head in the sand. Human activity and poor choices have helped to keep the virus alive. I hope everyone respects that this newly discovered virus is something that will be conquered by doctors and us. It's been a year and a half. Eveyrone is tired, but don't let the conspiracy theorists fool you. Stay strong. Keep the faith.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Steve;
Top of the morning to you sir, I trust you're fairing acceptably, getting the weather you're requiring and all who matter to you are well.

Thanks for the well thought out and articulated post, I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

For sure and certain I trust medical practitioners - doctors and folks who've been trained in chemistry, biology and such - much more than I'd trust a politician of any stripe.

That said then Steve, throughout this, I've been chatting both with my own doctor - had to see him last year for a totally unrelated minor issue - and a doctor with a strong background in science as well. They've been very helpful in aiding my understanding of the situation and yes emphatically their views changed somewhat as the situation evolved.

What I have come to not trust are folks like Dr. Tam who to me has a conflict of interest in her position with the UN and the Canadian government as well as being a doctor.

The message or perhaps better said the method of messaging from Dr. Tam is markedly different than BC's Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and for that matter Hon. Adrian Dix who is our provincial Health Minister.

Despite the fact that Premier John Horgan is very much an NDP politician, we've had much more continuity with regard to how various aspects of government directives have been communicated and then enforced.

Giving the devil his due, Horgan has for all appearances left the decision making to the scientific and medical community. We've not seen some of the suppression of personal freedoms that Quebec has faced for instance or for that matter some of the interesting stuff seen in Alberta under the watch of Jason Kenny.

Please note that's not a ringing endorsement of the current NDP in any way, shape or form. For instance as noted by my friend from up the valley- 673 - First Nations communities have been allowed to run by different rules - their own by all appearances - as well as having just passed legislation that will no longer allow us to take kids to any certified gun range. I'm working my way through the legal aspects of the gun range thing, but so help me it looks as is nobody without a PAL can shoot at an approved range in BC anymore... cool stuff there.

Anyways Steve, I am acutely aware the situation is "rapidly evolving" to say the least, but stand by my thoughts that the method and manner in which the Feds communicated with us - or didn't - gives me no faith in them whatsoever.

Lastly for sure on the vaccination issue, I attempt to be as neutral as possible when addressing it as I'm the very least qualified to make any statements on the subject. Again I respect folks who are for and against and am doing my best to understand the reasons for their positions.

Thanks again Steve and all the best to you folks out east.

Dwayne

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
There is a measure of trust that everyone must advance. It is human nature that when we are threatened, scared, or unsure of the future, we lash out, looking for someone to blame. I believe that you are a religious man. Trust that God will look after things by guiding the doctors in the right way.

If you can begin to believe that it is not you, but the power and presence of God working through you that does all types of good in your life, you will have discovered the secret to success!

For those who are not religious, trust in those who have trained to be scientists or doctors. Know that they do not ignore any possible treatments or medicines. They are vetted. If, after a peer review, the majority agree that a medicine or procedure will help, they adopt it. If not, it is rejected. That is why we put our trust in them. We don't go to a veterinarian for car repairs. We go to a mechanic.

This might sound like a fundamentalist's view, but these distractions from the truth are reactions driven by fear. No matter who you are, you must conquer your fear before things will get better. Trust those whose job it is to find a way forward. Try not to focus on their particular personality traits. They want this over just as much as you.

Stay positive. Smile. Keep the faith.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Steve;
Thanks for the reply and the real encouragement contained therein sir, I very much appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Indeed I am a believer in the God described in the Bible and am endeavoring to be the best servant possible in this and well all things in life really. Since I grew up in the church, sometimes I'll take issue with the use of religious, but I perceive you meant it in a positive way this time.

Now just why I take umbrage with the term "religious" is more something I need to work through than anything else truthfully Steve.

For sure though sir, I do appreciate your message and in fact do believe that God is ultimately in control in this and all things.

Again, my task is to be an effective servant and do what I'm supposed to be doing - which admittedly isn't always as clear to me as I'd like. grin

Thanks again and all the best to you and yours Steve.

Dwayne

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
should someone who had covid be required to get vaccinations doctor? What happened to the educational system up in Canada? No more science classes required?

Sugar-free Koolaid?

Last edited by ribka; 05/20/21.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Soul in a Dark Place

Into the air he screamed aloud,
But no one heard his voice.
He begged to be released that night.
The locked door gave no choice.

"Please come for me! I've lost my way!
The darkness does confound!"
But no one heard his voice cocooned,
Through the stone walls in the ground.

Oh God! Then came the rancid smell.
The Evil heard his cries.
And in the dead still darkness,
The man slammed shut his eyes.

As if a thousand corpses,
Had erupted from the grave,
Putrefaction filled the lightless room,
His soul would not be saved.

The footsteps that approached him,
From beyond the shackled door,
Struck terror and a boiling sweat,
As he fell onto the floor.

"Oh please! Oh please! Don't take my soul!"
But nothing from the maw,
Except its vulgar, stinging breath,
And touch of the Evil's paw.

The man lay frozen. Deathly still.
The Evil grabbed his throat.
And from the fetid, pitch black room,
A howling did emote.

"I smell your blood and draining life.
I feel your soul corrode.
No god can save your wretchedness,
Or make your essence whole."

Give up your life and die withdrawn
Your spirit yields to me
I devour souls and human hope
I am mans misery"

And in that cold, despairing place,
The man succumbed in course.
The Evil laughed and swallowed him,
And was strengthened by his force

Beware the places dark and foul,
Where Evil seeks repast.
His harrow is calamity,
Where souls can never last.

-copyright 2004, Stephen Redgwell

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My sister picked up a good line " You have been eating hot dogs and chicken nuggets all your life and you worry about vaccine ? "

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
That's a good one! laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
This was a huge opportunity for people in Southern Ontario that wanted to get vaccinated -- 2 doses -- and take pressure off of the lack of vaccine for those that want it in Canada.

I do not understand the reversal by the Public Health Agency of Canada. This is a huge opportunity that is lost. Is this a lack of courage for the right decision or a case of the government of Canada wanting to keep control of its citizens for a longer period of time through an instilled managed fear of not enough of the population being fully vaccinated?

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/ma...ng-vaccine-exemption-for-border-crossers

My sister picked up a good line " You have been eating hot dogs and chicken nuggets all your life and you worry about vaccine ? "

Good one -- and we drank straight from the hose as kids.

Hugh
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
This is real sad—the Public Health Agency of Canada has become a political organization who obviously cares very little for the health of Canadians.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
From the article ““This provision is in place to allow Canadians who are seeking life-saving medical treatment outside of Canada.”

So, a vaccine for a pandemic virus that has shut the country down for it’s supposed lethality is not a life-saving medical treatment?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by kkahmann
This is real sad—the Public Health Agency of Canada has become a political organization who obviously cares very little for the health of Canadians.

Yes as has our illustrious NACI, Dr. Tam, Hadju and down the list.

So when I hear ‘follow the science ‘ and ‘trust the professionals ‘ my response is that when they act like scientists instead of like politicians they will regain credibility with me (and others probably).

Whether or not I am vaccinated will be my decision based on my personal risk assessment.

Trust today’s politicians, including the ones I mentioned above? Not so much

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'll kick in my 2 cents worth. I have been following the various threads on here an in other locations. As well, I have read the papers I can find ref Covid-19. (Not the MSM but medical papers etc)
I am in the fed up group most certainly. Mandate after mandate dictating what we can and can't do. I have lived my life as closely to normal as possible. I haven't had the virus nor has anyone in my family. There have been some near misses though.

I am a 60 yr old diabetic with other underlying issues. My wife is in her 60's with an immune deficiency issue. One of my sons had open heart surgery the day Alberta locked down. We are doing well.
I have been deemed an essential worker from day one as is my wife. For the vast majority of the year I faced daily threats from my employer that if anyone showed up for work then the entire crew was going home for a minimum of 14days w/o pay as we are contractors and can be replaced. Thank God that hasn't happened as I am not eligible for CERB or the replacement program due to my military pension. At the same time, I decided that if I was required to work even though I am in a compromised position then dammit, I am going hunting and fishing. I am not going to live in fear.

I received my first dose almost 3 months ago. Not due to pressure from anyone but because I want to be able to travel once the border opens. I have family in the US including elderly parents I pray I will see again soon. WRT the vaccine, I have had so many vaccines in my life starting in 1970 when we moved to Turkey for a couple of years. Then as a member of the Canadian Armed Forces, I received many vaccines through my 26 yr career. Back in 1970 do you think quality controls are anywhere near where they are today? Hell no! That is a major reason I have minimal concerns about the CV-19 jab and the rapid development of it. (Excluding the AZ jab)

Are we being controlled by Trudeau, darn right, and he is going to continue the control as long as possible. The thing that scares me the most is that many people are happily accepting the control. I cannot believe people are open to the idea of requiring a vacc passport to travel domestically to shop or visit entertainment venues etc. I vividly remember the scenes from the Eastern Bloc of police demanding "PAPERS PLEASE" at random from people on the street. Do wee want that life here? I am happy to carry an International Certificate of Immunization to travel internationally. It is common already, just add a new page. But at home, here in Canada? NO!!
Jeff

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Jeff, it's fair to say that a lot of people are tired of this, but honestly, I just see people blowing steam. It's frustration.

Seriously, what would you do to demonstrate your anger? Write your MP? Organize or participate in some sort of protest? What we are experiencing is happening around the world. I might feel more anger if I lived in a city, but with a couple of minor exceptions, the wife and I haven't been affected badly. You and I had it worse when we were in the service.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Jeff

Can’t argue with anything you said, we are similar in situation and attitude

Hopefully the vaccination progress eventually force progress, logic and common sense doesn’t seem to be available 😂

Lorne

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good evening Steve,
My MP is Glen Motz, a good guy.
I tend to avoid people, we haven't really had any protests here.
I express my anger and distain for the bs by going about my business, shopping when I feel the need, heading out hunting, shooting and fishing. Just living my life as normal as possible.
You wouldn't believe how many people are offended by my continuing my activities. I take pleasure in that to be honest.
I refuse to be cooped up slowly going crazy, living in fear of the virus. Living in a city would be horrible. We live in a fairly small town.
You are right, we had some tough times in the Forces but that was by choice. And, we also had some great times.
As my anger builds about life today, I just laugh at the stupidity that surrounds us. And wash my hands like always.
Have a great evening.
Jeff

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Keep smiling, man. Don't let the bastards grind you down. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
There is a measure of trust that everyone must advance. It is human nature that when we are threatened, scared, or unsure of the future, we lash out, looking for someone to blame. I believe that you are a religious man. Trust that God will look after things by guiding the doctors in the right way.

If you can begin to believe that it is not you, but the power and presence of God working through you that does all types of good in your life, you will have discovered the secret to success!

For those who are not religious, trust in those who have trained to be scientists or doctors. Know that they do not ignore any possible treatments or medicines. They are vetted. If, after a peer review, the majority agree that a medicine or procedure will help, they adopt it. If not, it is rejected. That is why we put our trust in them. We don't go to a veterinarian for car repairs. We go to a mechanic.

This might sound like a fundamentalist's view, but these distractions from the truth are reactions driven by fear. No matter who you are, you must conquer your fear before things will get better. Trust those whose job it is to find a way forward. Try not to focus on their particular personality traits. They want this over just as much as you.

I am also a christian. Like Dwayne, I dislike the term "religious" for a variety of reasons. I am not anti vax, I spent 9-years in the US military and had just about every vaccine there is. The reality of the situation we find ourselves now, directly contradicts some of the things you are saying here. Just in general, some doctors absolutely do ignore treatments and or data that is a huge help to patients. I would even go as far as to say most doctors do this on some level. In a lot of cases its because they are not aware, but that is not an excuse in the field of medicine. Anyone who has an autoimmune disease and has found healing with diet knows all about this. Its a large subject with tons of data, but the truth is diet is more effective than the drugs doctors prescribe for a lot of these chronic diseases. Dr Ken Berry wrote a book on the subject that everyone should read.

When it comes to covid, they are again ignoring peer reviewed science. Not all doctors of course, but some. The data is clear on prophylactics like ivermectin and HQ. Peer reviewed science shows masks dont work, yet they ignore it all. At least the government doctors are. Listen and compare what Dr Tam says vs Dr Kory. They dot agree on much, yet they are both doctors. The difference is Dr Kory has been on the front lines from the beginning treating people, Dr Tam probably hasnt practiced for years. These are just two examples out of thousands. The difference between us is that you just dismiss the doctors and scientists who disagree with the Dr Tams and Dr Fauci's. Myself, and many others dont.

On a brighter note the Yukon Party health critic Brad Cathers, just grilled the Liberal health minister on the rollout of the vaccine passports. The Liberal minister wouldnt answer his questions in the Legislature but reporters followed up later and forced an answer. Turns out the Liberals have not talked to the privacy commission on how this will work, or even if its legal. The reporter then talked to the privacy commission and was told governments must move cautiously on this issue, and even suggested that once the emergency act is lifted, they would be illegal. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
We can be thankful that people like you are not in control of anything. The world will continue to place their trust in those who are credentialed.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Yeah, the credentialed people are doing a great job. They have managed to spread the virus worldwide, shut down significant portions of the economy, eliminate jobs, build debt at unprecedented rates, and walk all over and manipulate their own people for political gain. Wonderful. GD

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
We can be thankful that people like you are not in control of anything. The world will continue to place their trust in those who are credentialed.

Like I said, you would believe anything the government told you. This is what the FDA knew in October of 2020. Surely you dont discount the FDA ?? Scroll down to page 16.

https://www.fda.gov/media/143557/download

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would suggest "they" are doing the best they can. When ideology over rides pragmatism ,that's very unCanadian. I live in a community with a lot of first generation immigrants, that the sort of thing you expect from them.

You have to question yourself, have you always made the best decisions ? My wife of 35 years is the third one, so I haven't.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
laugh I think we're done, Yukon. You're wasting gas in the generator.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Fear of just about anything, is just a bad way to begin.
My reference point is nearly always athletics, and I am an aged athlete.
My point being, if you believe something it will manifest itself in you. Right, wrong or otherwise.
If you are a fearful athlete , you won't rise to the occasion and it won't be much fun.
We also choose to be fearful or not.
This dovetails into all other of life's challenges, including the covid 19 debacle.
I happen to believe that if you have a positive attitude to this vaccine- it will work for you and conversely if you don't it possibly won't.
Christianity teaches us these principles, folks.
My little old opinion.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
God requires me to think for myself.
In doing so and seeking his guidance, I will not take the Vaccine as the BS is off the chart. If it were not for my intuition and faith in God, I never would of made it this far, I'm not changing course now.

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
...As you've well noted, the entire pandemic has been mismanaged from day one and as I've suggested the flip flopping on "official science" has been problematic to say the least....Dwayne

Dwayne, science always changes. You want it to change. That means doctors and scientists are interpreting data and reacting to the situation. You are witnessing qualified people adapting to fit the situation. In many respects, it's like fighting a war. Field commanders must make changes on the fly.

I laugh every time I read posts online made by people who pass unqualified judgments. We should be doing this, or taking this medicine. Ask yourself, Dwayne. Who do you trust, a doctor, or some guy from down the road who drives a school bus? Our bus driver has determined that evil forces are at play! We are all being duped! The government, Bill Gates or space aliens are trying to kill us! The medical profession is purposely misleading the public. Sadly, there is no convincing him otherwise because he knows, dammit!

These people pick and choose which articles they believe. I hope that the general public has more common sense than to take what they say at face value. Research yourself and make an educated judgment. If it's a medicine other than one of the vaccines, ask yourself if the doctors have vetted it. Ask yourself if a group of scientists or doctors would examine and peer review a treatment or a cure, but reject it because it worked? crazy

Pandemics don't happen regularly. Changes are made by qualified people, not the general public. I trust people who are trained in infectious diseases, virologists, etc. They swore an oath to protect the public, not kill them.As well, it is unwise for governments to kill off taxpayers. Their revenue drops.

COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Over 3.4 million people have died. I don't know how many people worldwide have ended up in the hospital. https://covid19.who.int/

As always, if you feel that you do not want the vaccination, don't take it. But please don't bury your head in the sand. Human activity and poor choices have helped to keep the virus alive. I hope everyone respects that this newly discovered virus is something that will be conquered by doctors and us. It's been a year and a half. Eveyrone is tired, but don't let the conspiracy theorists fool you. Stay strong. Keep the faith.

About one of the best common sense posts I've heard on the pandemic yet - Thanks!!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Believe Government? WHO knew they had a problem in China but didn't say anything. Believe Steve? A Government employee scared to leave the farces base in Moose Jaw? The cowboys bikers and truckers would have handed him his azz. Why in heck weren't our borders closed. But wait we close them to Americans our friends and allies who fought beside our brave men and women in four wars. So our government bans "direct " flights from India and Pakistan. These people aren't stupid. They pretend to be. So fly from India to London to Canada. It ain't rocket science. I knew there was a huge problem March-2 -2020 in Vancouver Airport. Almost all Asians wearing masks. Flew back to Regina Asian woman in the next asile wearing mask and face shield.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thanks, PSE.

It's almost bedtime for you, SF. Gum your Jello and the nurse will be in shortly with your meds. laugh Oh, and thanks for your post. It helps make my point. grin

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Big tough internet Steve. How's your government pension these days. When are you coming to Moose Jaw? I'm sure I have friends that would love to meet you.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My daughter could kick your azz. You don't want to mess with me.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Did you she could"lick" his a s s?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Actually you [bleep] POS my daughter is married to an oilfield worker.. She looks after 120.head of cattle and 375 head of sheep. By herself. She could kick your azz six ways from Sunday. You are nothing but a Government employee.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My daughter is one tough woman. Same as her mother.. 6 feet and muscles . Good [bleep] looking too
I'm 6 6

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Remington6MM

Don't [bleep] with me

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Don't [bleep] with me

Don't even think about my daughter. She would kick your sorry azz. Then I would shove your balls in your throat

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Don't [bleep] with me

Don't even think about my daughter. She would kick your sorry azz. Then I would shove your balls in your throat

Saskfox, they couldn't find Saskatchewan on the map. laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The way this game is played Saskfox, when you are baited, you are supposed to come back with a witty reply. Funnier the better.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shove your balls in you're throat is still acceptable. laugh

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Big tough internet Steve. How's your government pension these days. When are you coming to Moose Jaw? I'm sure I have friends that would love to meet you.

Dont let it get to ya. He's just trying to run you off. Its his MO. This place has become his life and identity. Thats why he tries to control every thread. Sad really. Go and read a few threads and it becomes obvious. If he didnt start the thread, or you dont agree with him, he acts like a spoiled child and starts throwing insults. His intent is to kill the thread and he will stoop to any level to do it. Anyone who has taken psychology would pick up on it right away.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Its fairly obvious in this thread who the Alphas and Betas are. Carry on gentlemen.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Dont let it get to ya. He's just trying to run you off. Its his MO. This place has become his life and identity. Thats why he tries to control every thread. Sad really. Go and read a few threads and it becomes obvious. If he didnt start the thread, or you dont agree with him, he acts like a spoiled child and starts throwing insults. His intent is to kill the thread and he will stoop to any level to do it. Anyone who has taken psychology would pick up on it right away.

Pretty good summary. Saskfox hits some good points as well

Steve is like a spoiled , sulky child.

Last edited by Lorne; 05/21/21.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Interesting thread, but I couldn’t bear to read much of it. We live in interesting times. Information and reams of it can be found in an instant. When I was young information was found in books and took much time and research to locate specifics. The internet carries much information both real and fabricated. It has been a challenge to keep informed about this crisis, the largest single event in my lifetime. I am not a doctor, not even on the internet so I cannot comment on what medical information has already been posted. What I can comment on is on how our society is evolving in regards to this crisis. We appear to no longer trust our leaders, government, bureaucrats, mainstream media, big tech and big pharma, where does this lead society? How do we move forward in such a fractured disorganized way.

If we had to fight World War 2 today the Allies would certainly lose. With so many dissenting opinions we could never rally together and overcome the challenges. To answer the original post, yes I have had enough. I’m glad I live in a rural area and feel sorry for those stuck in an urban environment in this crisis.

Take care all,
Nick

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Nick1899
We appear to no longer trust our leaders, government, bureaucrats, mainstream media, big tech and big pharma, where does this lead society? How do we move forward in such a fractured disorganized way.

If we had to fight World War 2 today the Allies would certainly lose. With so many dissenting opinions we could never rally together and overcome the challenges. To answer the original post, yes I have had enough. I’m glad I live in a rural area and feel sorry for those stuck in an urban environment in this crisis.

Take care all,
Nick

I wouldn't worry about government or medicine going forward. Rules are still in place. Having the Internet just makes it easier to read more opinions. When all we had was the newspaper, tv/radio and magazines, information travelled slower. I think we're just seeing more of it and quicker, including crackpots. Society doesn't handle social media well yet. Unvetted information gets out fast, and before you know it, everyone has heard several different versions of the same event.

If a major traumatic event happened, I am sure that we would isolate the troublemakers and look after the problem. Despite the bumps, I am confident in humanity.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For context, in the six years of World War Two we had over 44,000 dead. In one year of this pandemic we have had over .25,000. True, a lot were sick and old . But that doesn't mean they weren't a loss.

Who isn't tired of the restrictions ? I look forward to taking my wife out for dinner. I think I owe at least six dinners. But the restrictions worked in BC. The circuit breaker helped bring the daily new cases down by about 1/2.

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I'd hate to end up in ICU with Covid knowing I'm here because my pride or is it arrogance would not allow me to accept the medical facts concerning the pandemic. I'd have an awful long time to reconsider the errors, turning things over and over in my mind and wishing I had made better choices.

These thoughts would occur to me:

Where could I have contracted this disease? Who likely gave it to me? If my wife has it, will she die? If not - what's the quality of her life likely to be? Did I pass the disease on to her?

And just as a bonus wondering - what is my life is going to be like if I survive? Will I be a long hauler who no longer can do the activities I used to do? Will I be able to hunt? Ride my mountain bike?

And most important - What could I have done better to avoid this outcome? What precaution did I ignore??

Instead if I get the disease anyway, I would certainly feel better knowing that I had made the best possible decisions with the most informed knowledge I possessed at the time but it was just not in the cards for me to remain Covid free.

I did everything recommended by professionals I could and still live a somewhat normal life albeit with an abundance of caution, but $*** happens so I go to my maker with a clear conscience or live with the future effects on my health. I'm good with that.

I could get lucky and nothing would change. I'd be the same guy that went into the hospital and came out in good shape or maybe not even have to go in the hospital - even luckier still. Am I willing to bet on that???? Am I willing to risk that for my family??

I realize that on this thread these questions largely fall on deaf ears, but for me, this self analysis is important. Take a moment and ask yourself these questions which I can pretty much suspect will be going through many people's minds while laying on the gurney.

Do any of you find it strange that people who have contracted Covid and come out of ICU (or had relatives that did) or even just people who were very sick at home don't blow this off as just the flu? Why is that???

Oh and I don't vote Liberal, believe in a solid work ethic, am not Woke and also enjoy shooting (just for the record). grin

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by PSE
I'd hate to end up in ICU with Covid knowing I'm here because my pride or is it arrogance would not allow me to accept the medical facts concerning the pandemic. I'd have an awful long time to reconsider the errors, turning things over and over in my mind and wishing I had made better choices.

These thoughts would occur to me:

Where could I have contracted this disease? Who likely gave it to me? If my wife has it, will she die? If not - what's the quality of her life likely to be? Did I pass the disease on to her?

And just as a bonus wondering - what is my life is going to be like if I survive? Will I be a long hauler who no longer can do the activities I used to do? Will I be able to hunt? Ride my mountain bike?

And most important - What could I have done better to avoid this outcome? What precaution did I ignore??

Instead if I get the disease anyway, I would certainly feel better knowing that I had made the best possible decisions with the most informed knowledge I possessed at the time but it was just not in the cards for me to remain Covid free.

I did everything recommended by professionals I could and still live a somewhat normal life albeit with an abundance of caution, but $*** happens so I go to my maker with a clear conscience or live with the future effects on my health. I'm good with that.

I could get lucky and nothing would change. I'd be the same guy that went into the hospital and came out in good shape or maybe not even have to go in the hospital - even luckier still. Am I willing to bet on that???? Am I willing to risk that for my family??

I realize that on this thread these questions largely fall on deaf ears, but for me, this self analysis is important. Take a moment and ask yourself these questions which I can pretty much suspect will be going through many people's minds while laying on the gurney.

Do any of you find it strange that people who have contracted Covid and come out of ICU (or had relatives that did) or even just people who were very sick at home don't blow this off as just the flu? Why is that???

Oh and I don't vote Liberal, believe in a solid work ethic, am not Woke and also enjoy shooting (just for the record). grin

My wife and i both had covid. For us it really was like a mild flu. Our son in law had it too. He was sicker than we were although never hospitalized. My wife and I have both been on high dose vitamin D for a couple years now. Maybe that made the difference?? Im not sure. I think myself and many others just evaluate risk differently than you and others do.

The data is there and not even debatable any longer. Your chances of surviving covid with no interventions is over 98%. You can put a period after that, because every source out there says that now. Compare that with the fact that 1 in 4 Canadians will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. Heart disease is still the number 1 killer in north America. In 2019, 189 people out of every 100,000 died from heart disease in Canada. Covid, accounted for less than half that number. I dont think anyone doubts that some of the covid deaths that are included in the official numbers were people who died with covid; not from. Big difference there. So the real number is likely even less, and makes heart disease look even scarier.

Diet plays a huge role in both cancer and heart disease. If the media did a case count every single day on the number of people who die, are hospitalized or lose their quality of life because of these diseases, it would put covid in the proper perspective. The media has struck fear into the hearts of the vast majority of the population with the covid BS, yet the fast food joints, and junk food sections in the grocery stores are doing a booming business. Largely because of that, far more people are dropping dead with heart attacks than they ever will from covid. Makes absolutely no sense to me that people are scared out of their wits of covid, but totally ignore what is most likely to kill them.

The science says, and has said from day one, that people with asymptomatic covid dont spread the virus, so I dont worry about that. If Im sick I would just stay home. It should be noted, that our health officials know this. As EMTs our protocols are to go to work, even if we know we have been exposed, as long as we dont have symptoms. Doctors, nurses and home care workers have the same protocol. To anyone with any common sense, the next question would be, if thats the case, then why do people with no symptoms have to self isolate??

I've been on an ambulance crew for over a decade now. Only part time until covid, but full time since. I have yet to take anyone to the hospital because of covid, but I see heart attacks, and strokes almost daily. I certainly know what im worried about, and covid is way down near the bottom of the list.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
PSE, you made the right decision. You thought about your family, others, and are doing what the medical community recommends. That's all that matters.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Truthfully, I don't know all that many people who have had covid. This is because the vast majority have not had it. I have had several family members who did catch it but none of them were seriously ill. One was allegedly a "long hauler" but she's a bit of a drama queen so it's far from certain. Subsequent to recovering from covid, all consider themselves to be immune. So, what are the medical facts? I don't know. The reason I don't know is because politicians and health officials have lied to us. They have claimed covid deaths which were not covid deaths at all. Once they did that, they lost all credibility to me. When they refused to identify centers which had outbreaks they lost more credibility. They made rules and imposed restrictions which had little justification and lost. If officials want me to follow their "science", they have to not lie. I am not necessarily opposed to the vaccines but I am opposed to the coercive tactics being employed. I wonder at the science behind inoculating children when the evidence says they are unlikely to show any effects from the virus.
I have said, from the start, I might get a vaccination but it will only be when I can get it without standing in line and only when I can get doses at the recommended interval. Until that happens, it's a non-starter for me.
We have over a hundred people in our campground and none of them (all from Alberta) have had covid. Some are nurses, paramedics, home care providers, and firefighters. None of them are seeing a bunch of covid cases yet, on the news, their area is a hotspot. GD

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
“yet the fast food joints, and junk food sections in the grocery stores are doing a booming business. Largely because of that, far more people are dropping dead with heart attacks than they ever will from covid”

This is what I refer to as the Covid-20. The 20 pounds that I, and many others, have gained from being locked down, bored, with no exercise and little to do than eat and drink.

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
GD, makes a good point. Two brothers, both of whom are doctors in Alberta have fished with us for a few years now. Their experience doesnt match what the news is saying at all.

The US is reporting about 300K excess deaths in 2020, depending on who's numbers you believe. They lay all the blame on covid, but then you hear things like, death from overdose is up a whopping 30%, and suicides up almost as much. Those would obviously be excess deaths, so what the real numbers are for covid deaths is hard to figure. Its gotten to political.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Don’t forget there is hardly any flu or influenza deaths anymore either. Some sort of miracle.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Happy Sunday, folks.
Covid is not prevalent around here either, my neice and her family are confined to there ranch in Central Alberta...all members have it.
We are rural here and and our pharmacist and staff contracted covid .
I will never push the panic button but I see no harm in getting a vaccine of which was unnoticeable to me.
I don't see any great conspiracy, government will inevitably mess up most everything....it is what they do!
When I was young they finally eradicated TB, earlier on, polio and antibiotics have saved lives
.All these treatments of the internet age would be viewed by some as suspicious. Perhaps they provide modern day solutions.
God Bless folks

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm sure you have ridden with some drivers who accelerate then slam on the brakes when they come up to traffic stopped at the light. In Canada we have had provincial premiers whose use of restrictions was the same. Instead of rear ending a car, we had new cases and the resulting hospitalizations with ICUs filling up.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The reason for the clusterphuck is Canada's already maxed out medical system.

The stop and go opening....Canada's medical system. It would indeed be a disaster if we had people laying on the hospital floor like they show us in some of the 3rd World Countries.

We do have People sleeping in beds in hallways, we did before this Wuhan came about, so surgeries are now simply cancelled "just in case".

You could put a gun to my head and I won't take the Vaccine. If you have taken it, good for you, my decision not to receive the "Vaccine" is no issue to you nor you're loved ones, its not irradicating anything like Polio or Measles LOL. There is indeed a Political agenda to all of this.

If there were a gun to my head and I knew that day was coming, I will be waiting out in the driveway.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Given that we can be almost certain that we are being lied to about the number of cases, contributing conditions, and, in the case of deaths, the actual cause of death the response is a little less justifiable. Can we be assured that a drug overdose in which the deceased is positive for Covid is not counted in the Covid column? I don't think so. It has happened. ICU's are far from filling up.
We have a LML politicians saddling interior residents with nonsensical restrictions to no purpose and, as usual, they continue to lie.
Out of a population of five million, less than 200,000 have been confirmed to have contracted covid IN TOTAL. Since most of these are in the LML, it is relatively easy to avoid covid by simply avoiding that region and staying away from people from that region. The truth is, the number of active cases is relatively small. This doesn't mean it is smart to gather in large crowds or hang out in bars but it used to be that we were free to make those choices. We are still free to choose to be alcoholics, drug users, or morbidly obese, all of which burden the health care system as much as Covid does, if the truth is told. GD

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
For context, in the six years of World War Two we had over 44,000 dead. In one year of this pandemic we have had over .25,000. True, a lot were sick and old . But that doesn't mean they weren't a loss.

Who isn't tired of the restrictions ? I look forward to taking my wife out for dinner. I think I owe at least six dinners. But the restrictions worked in BC. The circuit breaker helped bring the daily new cases down by about 1/2.

funny how a border affects the amount of people who get and die of covid.

Funny you should compare your virtue signaling "sacrifices" with Canadians during ww 2. Of c course not one mention of the thousands and thousands of Canadian businesses and families destroyed by the covid scare and govt manipulation of data.

Can you provide the stats of Canadians who died of strokes, cancer, overdoses, alcoholism, heart disease in 2020? lol

Last edited by ribka; 05/23/21.
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
In 2020 approximately 85 thousand Canadians died from cancer. I thought heart disease was the #1 killer, but its not. Cancer is. Heart disease is #2. Cancer accounts for about 30% of all deaths in this country. Heart disease about 20%. Compared to these two diseases, covid numbers are paltry, especially when you consider 90% of those who died from covid most likely had either heart disease or cancer to begin with.

You can expect those numbers to go way up now, because so many people have not gotten the diagnostics or treatments they needed because of covid. That to me, is the worst thing that our government has allowed to happen. We see it every single day. People, especially older people with serious health problems, are so terrified of covid they wont go anywhere near a doctors office or hospital. They are dying because of it. Burying your head in the sand and pretending it isnt happening will just ensure it happens again in the future.

Last edited by yukon254; 05/23/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You Canadian conservatives are to blame this for vaccine roll-out just as we are in the states. I hope we can both change political directions in the near future.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry...onservatives_ca_5fbedb65c5b66bb88c63f66d

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

You Canadian conservatives are to blame this for vaccine roll-out just as we are in the states. I hope we can both change political directions in the near future.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry...onservatives_ca_5fbedb65c5b66bb88c63f66d

Probably a bit of truth to that. Both countries have been pushing manufacturing offshore for the last two decades. Trump was the notable exception, but the big money makers couldnt have that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, I wouldn't trust the numbers. The English statistics are compiled by an independent authority. In other words, trustworthy numbers. They have found a greater than usual number of deaths than would be expected. If anything the Covid deaths might just be under reported. At least in England. As each province does things in their own way, there can be questions. I would trust BC numbers.. In fact I would bet money on them at +/- 10% . If you know me and money, I only bet when I'm sure to win.

If the numbers aren't questioned, a very uncomfortable truth emerges. What value do we put on the sick and the old ? How much money are they worth?

Enough gasoline on the campfire for now.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
A greater number of deaths than would be expected; from what? An independent authority, independent from what? I would trust BC numbers too if I did not know positively of cases where they lied.
We have situations where people have delayed cancer diagnoses and treatment because they were dissuaded from seeing a doctor.
Covid has had no effect on us at all. The government response has. GD

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
This might end it all. To bad it will take two years to go through all the safety trials.....oh the irony

https://www.9news.com.au/national/q...vid/f7b644ff-0938-40a5-b5b1-c154de53a466

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Yes, I wouldn't trust the numbers. The English statistics are compiled by an independent authority. In other words, trustworthy numbers. They have found a greater than usual number of deaths than would be expected. If anything the Covid deaths might just be under reported. At least in England. As each province does things in their own way, there can be questions. I would trust BC numbers.. In fact I would bet money on them at +/- 10% . If you know me and money, I only bet when I'm sure to win.

If the numbers aren't questioned, a very uncomfortable truth emerges. What value do we put on the sick and the old ? How much money are they worth?

Enough gasoline on the campfire for now.
. Pure stand up comedy

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Yukon -- some great news for you folks in our paper. How will this affect your ability to bring in guests? Two shots and a direct flight to the lodge or a transfer to a flight with no stay over should be able to get people in?

Events of 200, restaurants and bars at full capacity as Yukon lifts COVID-19 rules

https://edmontonjournal.com/pmn/new...wcm/eb7a7d5e-b4d3-4e6d-8a12-362372cd5801

Hugh
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by HughW
Yukon -- some great news for you folks in our paper. How will this affect your ability to bring in guests? Two shots and a direct flight to the lodge or a transfer to a flight with no stay over should be able to get people in?

Events of 200, restaurants and bars at full capacity as Yukon lifts COVID-19 rules

https://edmontonjournal.com/pmn/new...wcm/eb7a7d5e-b4d3-4e6d-8a12-362372cd5801

Hugh, its good news indeed. It wont help us much unfortunately because the vast majority of our clients are international. We sent out emails cancelling our season a couple weeks ago, as we knew the borders wouldnt open in time. The air charter company we rely on hasnt even put insurance on its aircraft yet. They wont until the borders open because they just dont have enough business to justify the expense until that happens. Im not complaining though. It is indeed good news, and I will take it all day long. I've taken a 'summer' job for the second year in a row. First time in 35 years, I have worked a regular job. Im not complaining about that either, a lot of outfitters were not so lucky.

The article says Yukon had two deaths because of covid. Our local papers said the same thing. The first person that died from 'covid' lived in Watson Lake. My youngest daughter was one of the paramedics on that call. Lots more to the story than covid. The second "Yukoner" that apparently died from covid wasnt even in Yukon when they died. The paper wasnt clear if it was someone who was still a resident or someone who used to live here, but at any rate they were not in Yukon when they got the virus and passed away.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I suppose, if some one dies with cancer because he was unable to get surgery, you could say he died because of covid. Leave out the "because" and he died of covid. If someone has an aneurism blow out because he couldn't get treatment, he probably died because of covid. People are reluctant to even go to the doctor and this assumes the doctor is even willing to see them. Many of them could very well die; because of covid. GD

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I suppose, if some one dies with cancer because he was unable to get surgery, you could say he died because of covid. Leave out the "because" and he died of covid. If someone has an aneurism blow out because he couldn't get treatment, he probably died because of covid. People are reluctant to even go to the doctor and this assumes the doctor is even willing to see them. Many of them could very well die; because of covid. GD

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
They will never have "enough".

Now TD has signaled (by banning US cruise ships) that he plans to stay locked down thru Feb 2022.

"This statistic shows the contribution of tourism to the gross domestic product (GDP) in Canada from 2000 to 2019. Canada's tourism industry contributed approximately 39.72 billion Canadian dollars to the country's economy in 2019."

Wonder how much taxes will have to go up to cover that shortfall ???

Then we have the Muslim invasion -------

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm only a Canadian at heart, I"VE HAD MORE THAN ENOUGH!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Greydog that's a good explanation of greater than expected deaths. But not one listed as Covid. Could it be that even living in a covid hot spot that I don't know anyone personally that has died, that the restrictions have worked.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Greydog that's a good explanation of greater than expected deaths. But not one listed as Covid. Could it be that even living in a covid hot spot that I don't know anyone personally that has died, that the restrictions have worked.

I have a very difficult time believing that, contradictory as the restrictions are , that our incompetent governments' have put in place anything that has helped significantly . Possibly by accident . Kind of like saying "I'm alive so Trudeau and his merry men saved me !".

My opinion , worth what you paid for it .

Yours could be different . You could be right

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you are from Saskatchewan, I think it should be Moe and his merry band of men.That has a catchy ring to it, doesn't it. Maybe they should use in the next election. Of course being politically correct, I should add women. I guess. chuckle.

BC has tied the opening to vaccination %, test positivity %, hospitalization numbers and ICU usage .

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by MustardMan
They will never have "enough".

Now TD has signaled (by banning US cruise ships) that he plans to stay locked down thru Feb 2022.

"This statistic shows the contribution of tourism to the gross domestic product (GDP) in Canada from 2000 to 2019. Canada's tourism industry contributed approximately 39.72 billion Canadian dollars to the country's economy in 2019."

Wonder how much taxes will have to go up to cover that shortfall ???

Then we have the Muslim invasion -------

Well JT is going to have no choice but to raise taxes.....a lot. He not only sunk tourism, he also sunk the Oil industry.

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If you are from Saskatchewan, I think it should be Moe and his merry band of men.That has a catchy ring to it, doesn't it. Maybe they should use in the next election. Of course being politically correct, I should add women. I guess. chuckle.

BC has tied the opening to vaccination %, test positivity %, hospitalization numbers and ICU usage .

Yes from Saskatchewan so it would be Moe.

To me it is remarkably coincidental that the provinces have very very similar approaches. Almost like there is ‘encouragement’ from the same source. Like Ottawa . When I look back to the First Ministers conference in December 2020 I see a subtle change . Maybe I am paranoid or just wrong.....I freely admit I don’t have the answers

All in all, i think Moe has made a decent effort.He has actually tried to recognize the impact of shutdowns. I definitely disagree with some of the policies and applications. No one is perfect.

I very much disagree with the current vaccination policy, which definitely comes from Ottawa, and that no premier has the stones to call Trudeau on it .

Any one who thinks that vaccination that conflicts with manufacturers/researchers recommendations is anything other than political to minimize negativity towards Trudeau and his government.....

Look at the press releases now that emphasize ‘numbers vaccinated ‘ . Excuse me but 2 shots = vaccinated. Not 1st shot then second whenever....

Vaccine and health care $ come from Ottawa......so do instructions.

My opinions. You may disagree and you may be right

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm only a Canadian at heart, I"VE HAD MORE THAN ENOUGH!

At the VERY least you are an honorary Canadian!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Against the original virus, the single dose was something like 80% effective. With the shortage of vaccine, a wider coverage would slow the spread. But here is the kicker against " variants of concern " the effectiveness drops down. How much ? Like so much of this science, the studies are incomplete. The Indian variant mark 2 version is very concerning. PLS excuse the use of the word concerning, I should maybe have used worrisome, that's a bit strong.. With just the single dose I have felt safer, though I'm still doing all the things. I don't have to worry about hospitalization, dying or worse, wishing I had. But with Indian variant mark 2,from what has been suggested, that second dose can't come quick enough.

The pandemic playbook was written 100 years ago so it's no surprise they all would fellow it, sorta. When this started I looked up studies on the Spanish Flu , these studies predated the current politics by years. So No BS. I'm sure all the provincial public health scientists have also read them.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yes I know about wider coverage 'slowing the spread' , it was in every news conference , etc. It may have slowed the spread , or it may not . Once again this was a policy 'recommended' by NACI , an appointed board. Maybe it was the correct approach , maybe not . I don't take it as fact simply because a politician says it enough times

Over 95% of deaths and hospitalizations ( so serious illness) has been in ages 62 + and immune compromised . This is factual data and is pretty consistent across the board.

In Saskatchewan more than enough doses of vaccine were administered two weeks ago to have covered this group , plus health care workers, for BOTH shots at the recommended interval. So over 95% of the risk could have been removed by then and vaccinations continuing as per manufactures recommendations. I haven't checked national numbers for weeks but they were pretty consistent at that time so the time frame would be pretty consistent .

To me 'follow the science' would have meant utilizing scarce resources in the most effective manner .

The limited studies (very limited but the UK and Israel are at least doing some) on the effectiveness of the shots , first and second , indicate that cancer patients especially did/do not get the same pop with the first dose and the effectiveness of the vaccine drops off quite rapidly over the next four weeks . There was a clear difference between 'hard' cases and other cases. The 'hard' cancer cases were also very consistent in the results. IF this is because of the compromised immune system it seems reasonable to assume that other people with compromised immune systems would have some similar pattern. Meanwhile 80+ year old individuals have had the first shot up to 3 months ago and are just now able to book their second shot (note - not me, I don't fall into this group by a WIDE margin smile )

Meanwhile , in the North , they have vaccines committed to vaccinate 12-17 year olds. Statistically almost zero chance of serious illness or death - while individuals in the extreme high risk group are waiting months for the vaccination to be completed.

By the way , scarce resources (vaccine) responsibility falls on the shoulders of the federal government . The one that signed an exclusive deal with China for vaccines , a deal that fell apart by the 1st week in May. the next deal was not reached until late July/August

Great so everyone followed a pandemic plan developed 100 years ago. There has been little adaptation , in the past 12 months , for the factual results.

And, for the record, I have little doubt that the decision to move from the recommended interval to the "throw crap against the wall approach" was influenced HEAVILY by the fact that the Trudeau government was taking heavy flack for the vaccine rollout progress. I could be wrong , wouldn't be the first time.

If you are satisfied/happy/in agreement with the way things have been done , great I'm not arguing with you on that .

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BC's top doctor said we are doing it this way, single dose, the rest of you can do what you want. In the end they followed BC's lead. It was the same with the interval between doses. That was her teams calculations on how to protect the most people. The BC provincial government left it in their hands.

We are are getting close to end.Then we can look at the box scores and see which jurisdictions were most successful. We already know who came in last, but at least their hockey team has a chance at the Cup . Go Jets

I think you give the feds all together too much credit. They are not that smart.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Against the original virus, the single dose was something like 80% effective. With the shortage of vaccine, a wider coverage would slow the spread. But here is the kicker against " variants of concern " the effectiveness drops down. How much ? Like so much of this science, the studies are incomplete. The Indian variant mark 2 version is very concerning. PLS excuse the use of the word concerning, I should maybe have used worrisome, that's a bit strong.. With just the single dose I have felt safer, though I'm still doing all the things. I don't have to worry about hospitalization, dying or worse, wishing I had. But with Indian variant mark 2,from what has been suggested, that second dose can't come quick enough.

The pandemic playbook was written 100 years ago so it's no surprise they all would fellow it, sorta. When this started I looked up studies on the Spanish Flu , these studies predated the current politics by years. So No BS. I'm sure all the provincial public health scientists have also read them.

please provide the research that shows on shot is 80 per cent effective? Which vaccine was used in this research? How many clinical studies (normally takes years to be reliable and prove the efficacy) How long is one the one shot vaccine effective? one month
/ 6 months? a year?

sounds like you're just making up stuff again like you always do. lol

Last edited by ribka; 05/27/21.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Not smart, more like arrogant 😉

They are not smart

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ribka 12,427 posts , hmmm.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's not an answer.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I guess I wasn’t aware of Dr. Henry’s role in selecting the vaccine policy

The references that I saw , by our provincial government and the federal government, usually references NACI and the position they put forward on March 3, 2021

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wouldn't give her all the credit, it was her team. Here in BC we have some pretty highly regarded scientists at UBC and SFU. The modelling that those people at SFU accurately predicted the third wave, and that was using the UK variant. BC went into circuit breaker with the Brazilian and Indian Mark One variants. You never see much BC news, Photo-Op Ford takes up most of the space nationally.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't give her all the credit, it was her team. Here in BC we have some pretty highly regarded scientists at UBC and SFU. The modelling that those people at SFU accurately predicted the third wave, and that was using the UK variant. BC went into circuit breaker with the Brazilian and Indian Mark One variants. You never see much BC news, Photo-Op Ford takes up most of the space nationally.

Well yeah, which is part of the problem I and others have......how come some of these brilliant scientists are not running this Covid thing in Canada, instead I am to trust Mr Tam?

Well, I don't, and I dont trust any of the others that are there to fill the gaps in our "inclusiveness". It shows how this government views the intelligence of its Citizens. I dont trust Dr Henry either, she seems unhinged, the crying during her updates really makes me feel apprehensive about her mental health, seriously, I dont like my healthcare practitioner crying and then telling me we are going to be ok.

Last edited by 673; 05/28/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
She was likely wrong, some will never be OK.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Pretty much the response I expected from someone who is a brain washed poorly educated science denying cult member. Funny when someone who never took a university level science ( like Canada's lib leader and art teacher and virtue signaling moron Justin) lectures on science and studies but presents zero evidence.

you and Steve posting lie after lie after lie

No wonder wonder so many innocent Canadians died this past year needlessly with you voting with your shallow self righteous emotions

The eastern provinces keep screwing up over and over and thousands of innocent Canadians needlessly die and Steve keeps praising them lmao

Last edited by ribka; 05/28/21.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I give her all the credit. It was she who treated the entire province equally and shut down rural BC, with no cases, just as she did the LML. It was she who stayed firmly behind the curve from the outset. She and her experts could have made some effort to prevent the introduction of the variants but, instead chose to lie to the BC people some more then restrict them some more. She was complicit in taking a relatively innocuous virus and turning it into a disaster. It was she and her experts who worked so hard to come up with plans to coerce people into getting a shot. She deserves a lot of credit. It is right to say, some will never be OK; they are broke and their business is gone. GD

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Ask Miss Lynn ------

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I give her all the credit. It was she who treated the entire province equally and shut down rural BC, with no cases, just as she did the LML. It was she who stayed firmly behind the curve from the outset. She and her experts could have made some effort to prevent the introduction of the variants but, instead chose to lie to the BC people some more then restrict them some more. She was complicit in taking a relatively innocuous virus and turning it into a disaster. It was she and her experts who worked so hard to come up with plans to coerce people into getting a shot. She deserves a lot of credit. It is right to say, some will never be OK; they are broke and their business is gone. GD

Yes that seems to have been a consistent approach through out Canada

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

tell me more of you medical background and your experiences with vaccines, human immune systems, university level science classes and pandemics.

you're starting look like a clueless uneducated idiot like Ms Justin. lol

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
She was likely wrong, some will never be OK.
lol

still refuses to admit his lack of basic understanding of science

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm afraid you missed that one totally.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
A new variant has been identified in Vietnam. Expect BS Bonnie and her experts to lobby for direct flights from Vietnam to Vancouver, ASAP. GD

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Then we read stories like this and realize they have absolutely no idea. Case, and body counts on the news every night reminds me of the old news reels of the Vietnam war. Its all smoke and mirrors. They have no idea how many people have died directly from covid, but the number is much smaller than is reported

https://torontosun.com/news/provinc...OdNL2AKRrX-cwV6lIjnBJskTn0GEI1MXYlsJtEII

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm afraid you missed that one totally.

where are these studies you refer to regarding Covid?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You missed again, you can't hit a breaking ball if your life depended on it.

Look the numbers yourself if you are that interested,, I/m sure Pfizer, Moderna and AZ all have published their studies.

I have a Harbourcraft tinny. When I want to troll I pull the Yami up and use the electric motor.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
And 'Poof' , just like that its OK to mix vaccines ........:)

So yes , I've had more than enough of our government BS and pseudo science.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You missed again, you can't hit a breaking ball if your life depended on it.

Look the numbers yourself if you are that interested,, I/m sure Pfizer, Moderna and AZ all have published their studies.

I have a Harbourcraft tinny. When I want to troll I pull the Yami up and use the electric motor.

where are these studies you keep bringing up?

You appear to be a pathological liar or just dumb and crazy or both. lol

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In baseball when you swing three times , it's called a strike out.

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 06/01/21.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Lorne
And 'Poof' , just like that its OK to mix vaccines ........:)

Well, I have had my first shot of Moderna and will now be eligible for my second.
No reactions. No problems.

Moderna or Pfizer for the second shot? It matters not. It will work.

Certainly I am going to listen to scientific opinion and not silly vaccine conspiracy theorists, who don't know shot from shinola.

These doofuses have been wrong about everything so far, so why would anyone listen to them?

They can continue to wear their tin foil hats and hide in their basements.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think it was more about giving a mRNA after AZ. There is is a suggestion it works even better.

In three weeks I will have had my second dose and waited the week, then this whole mess is behind me..

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I think it was more about giving a mRNA after AZ. There is is a suggestion it works even better.

In three weeks I will have had my second dose and waited the week, then this whole mess is behind me..

When you're caught telling lie after lie during this past year and spreading falsehoods you're considered a pathological liar.

Can you provide actual evidence to your above statement? or just making up schit again? Great job helping destroy the lives of Canadians the past year while hiding under your bed sucking your thumb and buying into Trudeau's lies.

I laughed outloud when you compared Covid to the polio virus. shear genius!!

Last edited by ribka; 06/02/21.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by saddlegun
[quote=Lorne]And 'Poof' , just like that its OK to mix vaccines ........:)

Well, I have had my first shot of Moderna and will now be eligible for my second.
No reactions. No problems.

And now you state mixing vaccines, that all work differently is fine? Where is the study to back up your ridiculous claim?

Last edited by ribka; 06/02/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ribka

When you're caught telling lie after lie during this past year and spreading falsehoods you're considered a pathological liar.

Can you provide actual evidence to your above statement? or just making up schit again? Great job helping destroy the lives of Canadians the past year while hiding under your bed sucking your thumb and buying into Trudeau's lies.

Do you with your level of reading comprehension have trouble with written instructions ?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Originally Posted by ribka

Do you with your level of reading comprehension have trouble with written instructions ?

FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ribka that was an eye opener! Scary and I hope the people in Canada wake up.

Last edited by FWP; 06/03/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
5-21-21

How did that work out?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, the credentialed people are doing a great job. They have managed to spread the virus worldwide, shut down significant portions of the economy, eliminate jobs, build debt at unprecedented rates, and walk all over and manipulate their own people for political gain. Wonderful. GD

Still true today

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Hastings
5-21-21

How did that work out?

Steve is still upset that's hero Trudeau didn't arrest and imprison more christian Canadians

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Canada is a total MESS because of Trudeau and those like him. This includes the liberal supporters.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
There must be some special lube that Canadians are very fond of. We should attack it's supply chain.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 73 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,665
Posts18,455,810
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.