Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Will this continue ? Get bigger ? My guess is that this is just the beginning. I believe Canadians watched with interest when a few US states lifted restrictions a long time ago. When nothing bad happened, and case counts continued to decline, it got that much harder for Canadian politicians to convince the people that the lockdowns were working. It didnt help when it came to light that a slew of these same politicians were slipping off on vacation themselves. A few honest news sources kept hammering away despite being heavily censored, and some of the real data begin to get out. All in all, I think people are not nearly as afraid as they were a few months ago. That fact alone is going to make it next to impossible for them to keep the restrictions in place much longer.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/100000-canadians-protest-lockdowns-in-montreal

https://awakecanada.org/

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It depends on how effective anti-vaxers are in spreading their point of view. The slower we are are to hitting 75% first dose and 20% fully vaccination rates, the longer we will be living under restrictions. You in the Yukon months ago should have gotten your Moderna shot You are a long ways from the urban reality that I and the vast majority of Canadians face. They will be blaming the anti-maskers and anti- vaxcers , not the politicians for the slow lifting of the restrictions. . With many cuss words, I might add. Just watch the public opinion turn on them. We daily see the mess the Manitoba and Alberta are in.

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 05/15/21.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
With stories like this coming out on a regular basis now, I think its going to get harder to convince anyone of the risk/reward. The data clearly shows that over 99% of people recover from covid without any medical interventions. The vaccines dont stop the spread, thats blatantly obvious now.
https://www.outkick.com/all-seven-yankees-that-tested-positive-were-vaccinated/

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BC 's chief public heath official just posted a BC study where they found a 97%., That was headlines. The number in the study was very. large You can look it up on their dasher. BC will fellow it's own path and believe their own numbers first.

Right now in BC, we have no recreational travel outside of our regions. Friday night I go into Surrey to visit my old partner for a couple of beer. We have been getting together r Friday after work for 20 years, the others even longer. There is only three of us now. . Surrey is 50 kilometers or 30 miles away. Going in and coming home I saw one RV. Usually Friday night the traffic going out of town made the drive home a lot of stop and go.. Quite a chore in a stick shift diesel.

On Monday BC for three days recorded 1700 or so cases, On the same Monday, Alberta for a single day recorded 1700 or so cases. BC has a larger population and the Brazilian and Indian variants.They are 3x as transmissible than much milder UK variant that Alberta is dealing with.

I don't like the odds of 1 in a 100 dying, personally.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
You would hope that they (Canadians) would wake up . Some have, but these are the ones who asked questions Friday the start. And were/are labeled conspiracy theorists,anti vaxxers , anti maskers

Now the hate/fear will get turned on anyone not vaccinated

Wife’s niece contacted her on social media asking her if she believes the Texas/Florida numbers. Wife told her to check with her first cousin who is living in San Antonio.....

His kids are in school, they have gone to baseball games, etc

An a

IC B2

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by yukon254
With stories like this coming out on a regular basis now, I think its going to get harder to convince anyone of the risk/reward. The data clearly shows that over 99% of people recover from covid without any medical interventions. The vaccines dont stop the spread, thats blatantly obvious now.

It's false internet information that keeps getting spread around that will ensure that this disease stays around a long long time and you're one of the worst for perpetuating that on this site.

Things like "vaccines do not stop the spread" when clearly they do (Israel is one of the good examples happening since they're ahead of most countries in vaccination rates and infection rates are dropping).

Go ahead - might as well give us some more half baked info from questionable sources or just pull it out of your hind end - whichever. You obviously have such specialized secret knowledge to share. How about this one - I heard on the internet that vaccines are derived from unborn fetuses. No kidding - My wife found it on FaceBook, so it's got to be true right???? shocked

Lorne is right - hate and fear will turn on stubborn people who will not get vaccinated because they heard something somewhere and of course it's in vogue right now to be anti government on all things, all the time. They are the ones holding back full normalcy and preventing the economy from bouncing back.

I've refrained from commenting on this too often because there seems to be more conspiracy nuts on here than normal and there's no use fighting for the sake of fighting and some people you'll just never reach but sometime you just get very tired of the same anti vaccination BS over and over ad nauseam especially when a member of your own family has recently been affected.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
/[/quote]
hate and fear will turn on stubborn people who will not get vaccinated [/quote]

Ha! You “refrained” from saying something till you couldn’t any longer, LOL. Now you finally exposed your true colors. YOU are the coward; afraid to go outside unless you wear a jock-strap on your chin. YOU are the libtard that trusts MSM. YOU are the imbecile that trusts “science”, and Bill Gates.
And, according to your statement that I just quoted. YOU, out of “hate and fear”, will “turn on” us “stubborn people who will not get vaccinated”!!! Yes, that is where the libtards are going with all of this propaganda and fear-mongering about the “Covid” plandemic. Congratulations!!! YOU, along with millions of others that are part of the vaccinated “Covid Cult”, will do EXACTLY what evil politicians and MSM tell you to do! People like you ARE THE PROBLEM!! YOU will soon be the so-called “anti-vaccer’s” problem, for you and your fellow weak-minded Covidiots will do ANYTHING to preserve your own lifestyle, comforts, and your own hide. Yes, like a true Demonrat, you will be a rat, that betrays his fellow citizens that don’t conform to your twisted ideology!!! I’m really watching out for vultures like you. In a few months, remember that I predicted what you were going to do, when you do it

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Flushed out another Liberal as our American friends would say.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by PSE

It's false internet information that keeps getting spread around that will ensure that this disease stays around a long long time and you're one of the worst for perpetuating that on this site.

Things like "vaccines do not stop the spread" when clearly they do (Israel is one of the good examples happening since they're ahead of most countries in vaccination rates and infection rates are dropping).

Go ahead - might as well give us some more half baked info from questionable sources or just pull it out of your hind end - whichever. You obviously have such specialized secret knowledge to share. How about this one - I heard on the internet that vaccines are derived from unborn fetuses. No kidding - My wife found it on FaceBook, so it's got to be true right???? shocked

Lorne is right - hate and fear will turn on stubborn people who will not get vaccinated because they heard something somewhere and of course it's in vogue right now to be anti government on all things, all the time. They are the ones holding back full normalcy and preventing the economy from bouncing back.

I've refrained from commenting on this too often because there seems to be more conspiracy nuts on here than normal and there's no use fighting for the sake of fighting and some people you'll just never reach but sometime you just get very tired of the same anti vaccination BS over and over ad nauseam especially when a member of your own family has recently been affected.

This is the fear mongering that will allow this culture of fear to continue

Stubborn people who won’t get vaccinated?

Like the person who knows that they have a 97.5 chance of NOT catching the virus . And a 98%+ chance of survival if they do?

Or the healthy 28 year old woman who is aware of her extremely low risk of serious illness and chooses NOT to put a new vaccine into her body.

People that morons like you who will ‘shame’ the above people and criticize them because they don’t make the same choices as you have.

I didn’t get a chance to finish my above post ( was waiting for my wife who was shopping for bedding plants 😂).

I’m not sure Canadians have the intestinal fortitude to say “ I’ve had enough “ . Too many look forward to waking up and being told what to do.

Unfortunately

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by saskfox
Flushed out another Liberal as our American friends would say.

LOL; I wish the flush was down the toilet

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Personally, the harder the government pushes me to get vaccinated, the less likely I am to do so. The more the urban dwellers want to try and guilt me into getting a shot I probably don't need, the less likely I am to get it. I've been getting lied to for over a year now; by both sides of the argument, by the way. Covid case numbers and outcomes are distorted and misrepresented. "Vaccination" efficacy is exaggerated, minimized, or misrepresented; depending on which side is telling the story.
It would appear that for most people, those with no other factors, the chance of dying is much, much less than 1 in 100. In fact, for those who are unlikely to develop any serious illness from covid-19, getting an inoculation which will change the outcome little if any, is just a little foolish. Doing so to make a bunch of other people feel safe is questionable.
Just heard from my uncle who had covid back in January. He is my age (72), overweight but active. He told me about a fairly arduous hike he went on yesterday. No apparent ill effects from his bout with covid, which was not all that rough. I don't what my risk is (I'm more fit, more active, than my uncle) but right now, I don't feel too at risk. I will get a shot or two if I am convinced my risk will be reduced and if I'm convinced that risk is significant enough to worry about. I won't get them to help the rest of the country feel they are closer to the mythical herd immunity. Hate me if you will. GD

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Got my first shot a couple weeks ago. For myself it was to reduce the risk to myself (Afib) and, more importantly, to reduce the risk (by transmission) to others in my family/community. I assessed the risk from getting the shot as much much less than the 2 mile drive to the clinic.
Rather than just complain (loudly and constantly) about wanting everyday life to return to what was normal (or as close as we will come) I thought it incumbent on me to contribute some effort towards that goal.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
If you libs would get castrated early your chance of prostate cancer and unwanted children would be lowered to just about zero. Rush in and get it done. Ed

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
One thing I have noticed is, those who have been vaccinated, convinced they are safe from illness, do begin to acquire a more cavalier attitude toward covid. This may be a good thing, in many respects as behaviour becomes more normalized. The downside is that they continue to be carriers of the virus if exposed. I recently spoke with a woman who said she got vaccinated so she could go into the seniors home and visit her mother. Hopefully, all of those old folks have been vaccinated too or we might see a few more covid deaths as asymptomatic, vaccinated, carriers come in to say hello. GD

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by PSE

What false information?? I was at a community meeting last week where our own MLA ( Liberal) told us that the 'science' they are getting indicates that masks are still required after vaccination because the virus can still be spread by vaccinated people. Do you think those base ball players were contagious ?? They were all vaccinated.

Hate and fear is nothing new. The left has been using it for decades. They endorse crowds of BLM protesters as the march across the country burning cities, yet anyone who peacefully disagrees with their propaganda ( like the protestors in Quebec) are "dangerous right wing extremists.)
You are using the same tactic by trying ridicule anyone who doesnt 'fall in line', and lap up the propaganda CBC spoon feeds you daily.

Personally, I would rather think for myself. I believe the virus is real, and I believe some people have real problems with it. Just like they do with many other illnesses. The data isnt even debatable at this point. The vast majority of us are not going to have any problem with covid. It doesnt meet the criteria of a pandemic, but it has given the government more control over our lives than anything in history.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One of the by products of this pandemic has been turning us into armchair experts on the spread of this disease . Which sadly has led to a lot of BS that fits political agendas, not science. Unless it's peer reviewed, it's merely hearsay. Another word for BS.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
One of the by products of this pandemic has been turning us into armchair experts on the spread of this disease . Which sadly has led to a lot of BS that fits political agendas, not science. Unless it's peer reviewed, it's merely hearsay. Another word for BS.

Unfortunately, that is very true. frown

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y

Agreed. Thats the main reason so many questions have come up. The best peer reviewed science we have says masks dont work. Overwhelmingly so; yet our local and federal governments are still mandating them.

Same thing with ivermectin, as can be seen here:

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2021-05/fccc-lpr050621.php

Last edited by yukon254; 05/16/21.
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Lots of scientific data in this article. The problem is few really care about science anymore.

https://www.aier.org/article/masking-a-careful-review-of-the-evidence/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Unfortunately, that knife cuts both ways. One reason that people who are regularly supporters of vaccines are skeptical of these COVID vaccines, is that the governments are publishing data, restrictions, and info that are not based on peer-reviewed science but rather political agendas and hearsay, as you put it. This leads to a lot of skepticism and distrust for info put out by media, governments, etc. I know a lot of people who have received all sorts of vaccines, and so have their kids, but they are waiting on the COVID vaccine to see what the medium- to long-term repercussions are.

Another point to be made is that this virus and these vaccines are also new to the scientific community, so even the peer-reviewed literature evolves as time goes on, meaning that if you take peer-reviewed science to be "gospel truth" today, it may change tomorrow.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10gaugeman, 240NMC, 270winchester, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 257_X_50, 60 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,648
Posts18,455,427
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.