Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You have a great family Kid, thanks for posting.

BP-B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by TheKid
Last nights haul. Ole Dad was cleaning and bagging fish until past bedtime, 4:45 came early today. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
For the electric knife naysayers
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A few incidentals. Never know what you might drag up out there. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Funny looking little flathead. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Love it and thanks for sharing. That one incidental a white perch?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like what we call a white bass.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
cool

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Love those walleyes.

IC B2

T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Last nights haul. Ole Dad was cleaning and bagging fish until past bedtime, 4:45 came early today. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A few incidentals. Never know what you might drag up out there. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Love it and thanks for sharing. That one incidental a white perch?

Originally Posted by MadMooner
Looks like what we call a white bass.

We call them sandbass here but I think all three names apply. They’re not bad eating if you trim the red off the filets. And they fight light crazy. When I was a kid they ran up the creeks to spawn and we’d wear them out on Blakemore Roadrunners. If you want to have a big fish fry and know where to find them, and have a couple buddies that are handy with a filet knife they are your huckleberry since there’s no limit. If you find schools chasing shad they’ll literally bite anything you throw them. Dad and Grandad brought home more than 200 on a couple occasions back in the day when the bite was hot and they got on a big school.

T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
My 87 year old Grandmom informed me this morning at coffee that she was out of fish and I probably needed to get in gear and rectify the situation pronto.
So when we got supper ate and a couple little jobs around the shop done me and my sidekick headed to the pond to gather up a bucket of crappie right quick before dark.

We got enough good sized crappie to make a meal or two for the grandparents but I guess the perch are spawning because we couldn’t keep them off the hook. Must have caught 20 great big ones. They really are beautiful this time of the year. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Wife asked why we didn’t keep a dozen to scale and eat. I told her we’d all go back tomorrow and get a bucketful if she’d scale and I’d head and gut. Her enthusiasm dwindled rapidly! smile

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Making memories that will last their whole lives.
My grandpop was born in 1901. When he was in his late 80's he told me about a fishing trip his father took him on in 1910!

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Good stuff, Kid.

Looks fun.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh heck yeah

CK
IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Great stuff Kid! Dam big crappies and Blue gills! My dad would take me cat fishing at night when I was a boy! Fun times! Please keep the pics coming. Plan on going fishing one day this week. I hope!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Been a bit since I’ve updated this thread, been too busy fishing.

Wife wanted to go catfish on a Sunday evening so we went to the lake. I usually don’t catfish during the day but it was a school night and we did okay and had fun anyway. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I caught a “swordfish”. As close as we’ll get here anyway
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
We’re still wearing out the Eyes. I caught a limit in an hour and 20 minutes last week plus six sandbass, 3 crappie, and a drum. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Had 3 over 20” this go around. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Trolled up this net with a nice Smithwick plug broke off in it, score! [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
The daily double! A first for me. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
This evening momma wasn’t feeling well so we got out of the house to let her rest.
Caught a bucket of nice crappie and a few bass. Just goofing off on a beautiful evening. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Caught this fellow too. We turned him loose after his photo op. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Surf and turf yesterday.

Enough crappie for lunch. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Two at a time on my crappie rig. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Went up the hill at sundown and stunt shot some pigs. Got 4 and about 30 made the brush. Biggest and the littlest in this pic since they died close together. Big one was a barr, don’t know who cut him but he was a big SOB. Used a mix of 55gr Speer SPs, Hornady SPs, and Ballistic Tips cleaning up some partial boxes at the loading bench. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Is crappie (lower case) a generic, catch-all term for panfish? Are the fish in the 1st and 4th photos in the previous post properly identified as Crappies (upper case, proper noun)?

Last edited by Earls1st; 05/29/21.
T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Crappie is a couple of species of Panfish, black and white are the two types I’m aware of though there could be more elsewhere.
Here’s a pair, one white and one black caught on the same jig in the same pond. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
keep making memories with that family. They're as blessed to have you as you are to have them. How far south do you have to go to find a frog that size.?

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
I hope you don't have snakes around big enough to make a meal of that frog.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Love that you still have your old Penn Levelline in play. Prolly a 930?

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs

Love that you still have your old Penn Levelline in play. Prolly a 930?

Yes sir it is a 930. It’s relegated to trolling duty as it has a very slow retrieve speed and doesn’t cast as smooth or far as newer reels but serves fine for trolling.
It was a good friend of mine’s Grandfather’s reel. I helped the grandson go through all the fishing gear when his grandfather passed and he gave me the old Penn to say thanks. I never met his grandfather but I think he might be glad to know his old reel is getting used.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
691 members (160user, 12344mag, 12308300, 17CalFan, 16Racing, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,691 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,558
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.