Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Looks like a fine time and fine eating. Seeing those pics really makes me miss going up to Lake Wenasaga every summer.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Nice! What were you fishing for them? What’s the limit and is there a slot?

As you know we are plug draggers here. Our limit is 6 per day and they have to be 14” or better. Me and the boy just got everything put away and fish cleaned from chasing them this evening. We caught 3 between 18” and 20” today.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Looking good there 2 99's got a Lund sitting out in the driveway just a rar'in to go. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TheKid
Nice! What were you fishing for them? What’s the limit and is there a slot?

As you know we are plug draggers here. Our limit is 6 per day and they have to be 14” or better. Me and the boy just got everything put away and fish cleaned from chasing them this evening. We caught 3 between 18” and 20” today.

Jig & minnow, back trolling in 4' - 10' across a point & into a weed bed pocket.

Our daily limit is 4 per person, no minimum size (personal min 14"), you can keep 3 under 18.1" & 1 over on most small lakes.

On the bigger lakes slot size (no keep) is between 18.1"-21.9".

Paul.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I covet your fishing spots up there. Fishing here in the Midwest might be okay, but it sure isn’t like the fish part of Canada! Any idea what is happening at the border this year? They wouldn’t let us Yanks in last year.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Still closed, the tourist outfitters & camps are hurting really badly.

Don't like the chances again this summer & fall, as we are presently locked down again.

I'm 2 hours north of the border at International Falls/Fort Frances.

Paul.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve worried that our camp’s owner who lives in Kansas during the off season would be in a world of hurt not being able to get up there to open his camp. The locals might be “ borrowing” some/most of his stuff I fear.

International Falls/Fort Frances, I know it well as we go through on our way up to Red Lake. We nearly bit the bullet clearing customs at your airport one year when a buddy flew five of us up there in his Beechcraft. Bud was use to the 3,000 foot runways in the big cities, not your 1,500 footer up there. He took off like he always did without standing on the brakes and revving the engines. We were out of runway before we were up to take off speed. Lots of wide eyeballs with that stall horn going off. Made quite a memory.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Windfall
I’ve worried that our camp’s owner who lives in Kansas during the off season would be in a world of hurt not being able to get up there to open his camp. The locals might be “ borrowing” some/most of his stuff I fear..

That camp wouldn't be Bull Moose Camp, would it??

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice catch, making me feel bad, second year we are not going to Canada. Been fishing La Seul for a lot of years, feel bad for the camp also

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Batchief909
I’ve worried that our camp’s owner who lives in Kansas during the off season would be in a world of hurt not being able to get up there to open his camp. The locals might be “ borrowing” some/most of his stuff I fear..

It would. What a great camp Tom runs. Probably been there at least 25 times. Small enough lake to get around, big walleyes, outstanding facilities... I’ve been to places where I felt like I was serving time instead of having a vacation. Kello Lake Lodge out of Armstrong comes immediately to mind. Another place called Center Channel had a nice new cabin, but no fish. Eagle Lake was too big. Going to the wrong place can really sour a guy on fishing up there.

My other auto is a .45

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Up on the freak show Sam Olson makes hard work look like fun.

On the fishing, and cooking threads, Paul IS! having FUN! laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Batchief909

It would. What a great camp Tom runs. Probably been there at least 25 times. Small enough lake to get around, big walleyes, outstanding facilities... I’ve been to places where I felt like I was serving time instead of having a vacation. Kello Lake Lodge out of Armstrong comes immediately to mind. Another place called Center Channel had a nice new cabin, but no fish. Eagle Lake was too big. Going to the wrong place can really sour a guy on fishing up there.

Tom and Shara indeed run a great camp! My father and I spent 10 days there several years ago before he passed 2 years later. I plan on going back, but this season isn't looking too good for them either. I hope Tom can at least get there and check on the camp. Hopefully he won't take a financial beating.

You can follow Tom on Facebook, and keep up with the Camp news if that interests you.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Went to Joe's camp on Lake Superior, for a change of scenery & species;

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Paul.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A Lake Superior lake trout is a great fish and because of the forage base up there, completely different than a Lake Michigan lake trout. My old charter fishing buddy lives about 5 miles from Lake Michigan, but drives up to Lake Superior to catch the better fish up there. When we charter fished on Lake Michigan, if the rainbows or salmon weren't hitting as a last resort we went to the bottom for the lake trout. Yellow with fat compared to those pink Lake Superior fish.

I hope that you used more boat than what I see in your picture. You are on your own up on that big lake and it blows up in a hurry.

My other auto is a .45

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I never caught a walleye trolling on Lake Superior....but a gill net with 3.75" mesh set on the dark of the moon in August will show you that there's plenty of walleye somewhere in that lake. And if memory serves me right the walleye were always swimming south towards Knife River on the north shore.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Caught a bunch of walleyes again & Joe got a nice muskie on a jig & minnow;

Muskie release unharmed !

Paul.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Really nice catches there, we've had some excellent fishing of late, after a very slow start this spring. I've been out three times and taken home a limit of walleyes each time. Shaping up to be an excellent summer of fishing around these parts.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
We’ve transitioned to pitching jig heads with half a nightcrawler threaded on them and snapping the rod up to bounce it along the bottom on the retrieve. Not catching limits as fast as when they were crushing the plugs but still getting plenty of fish. Plus they’re way more fun to fight on a jig rod.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Taste of Summer !

Paul.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1234, 10ring1, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 67 invisible), 2,155 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,099
Posts18,464,161
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.