Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
One of the by products of this pandemic has been turning us into armchair experts on the spread of this disease . Which sadly has led to a lot of BS that fits political agendas, not science. Unless it's peer reviewed, it's merely hearsay. Another word for BS.

Define "peer" please.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That question is best answered by Lancet or New England Journal of Medicine..

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
To me taking the shot or not is a personal choice. Tough call with a new vaccine. Being a polio survivor and having post polio syndrome I really wonder what the long term effects will be on those that have had COVID even in its milder forms. I know of several people that have had COVID, were hospitalized and months later are not back to a "normal" for them routine.

On the government side I do not see Trudeau wanting a return to normal where he has to show up for work, is questioned and does not have the luxury of governing from his cottage. He will string this out as long as it can benefit him and the Liberal party.

Add a little humor to this. I think we all knew this already so it does not require a peer review.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hugh
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
As I’ve said before, I am not an anti-vaxxer. The flu almost killed me in 1996 and I still have a blood disorder and compromised immune system as a result. So, I get my flu shot every year.

However, I also believe this vaccine was rushed to market. Having said that, I got my Pfizer vaccine 3 weeks ago, because I know that it’s going to be necessary for me to travel either for pleasure or work. Plus, I got decent enough information from medical people that I know and trust to decide to get it. FWIW, I had a slight tiredness 1 hour post-vaccine, then some lightheadedness and sweats at hours 3-4. Those side effects were gone by dinnertime and I’ve had none since.

That still does not mean I don’t believe that gov’ts are using and abusing this pandemic to further their own agenda. “The Great Reset” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Reset and One World currency are not conspiracy theories, they are real UN initiatives. The end result being all currency is electronic meaning gov’ts can manipulate it right down to controlling your individual bank account (and thereby controlling you).

While it would certainly relieve many countries like Canada and the US of their crushing debt, it would also destroy our economies because we’d all be beholden to a economic standard to benefit third-world, instead of developed countries. Think “Free Trade” and offshore manufacturing on a massive scale. Meaning no manual labour jobs in first-world countries. Good luck if you don’t know how to code, as Biden says you should.

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
As I’ve said before, I am not an anti-vaxxer. The flu almost killed me in 1996 and I still have a blood disorder and compromised immune system as a result. So, I get my flu shot every year.

However, I also believe this vaccine was rushed to market. Having said that, I got my Pfizer vaccine 3 weeks ago, because I know that it’s going to be necessary for me to travel either for pleasure or work. Plus, I got decent enough information from medical people that I know and trust to decide to get it. FWIW, I had a slight tiredness 1 hour post-vaccine, then some lightheadedness and sweats at hours 3-4. Those side effects were gone by dinnertime and I’ve had none since.

That still does not mean I don’t believe that gov’ts are using and abusing this pandemic to further their own agenda. “The Great Reset” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Reset and One World currency are not conspiracy theories, they are real UN initiatives. The end result being all currency is electronic meaning gov’ts can manipulate it right down to controlling your individual bank account (and thereby controlling you).

While it would certainly relieve many countries like Canada and the US of their crushing debt, it would also destroy our economies because we’d all be beholden to a economic standard to benefit third-world, instead of developed countries. Think “Free Trade” and offshore manufacturing on a massive scale. Meaning no manual labour jobs in first-world countries. Good luck if you don’t know how to code, as Biden says you should.

Lots of truth to this ^. Scary times we are in.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm healthy. I'm rural. Believe Trudeau and Dr. Tam Tam. I've had the same family dr. since 1988. He says the least they poke and prod you the better you are.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
One of the by products of this pandemic has been turning us into armchair experts on the spread of this disease . Which sadly has led to a lot of BS that fits political agendas, not science. Unless it's peer reviewed, it's merely hearsay. Another word for BS.

lol.. Didn't the established medical profession praise the BLm protests/ super spreader vents last summer during the height of the deadly china pandemic ?

Last edited by ribka; 05/16/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is even more off topic than my comment. The topic is Canadian response to restrictions. In the third largest urban area in the country, it's acceptance. The box score is a major news item. BTW The restrictions vary by province.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is even more off topic than my comment. The topic is Canadian response to restrictions. In the third largest urban area in the country, it's acceptance. The box score is a major news item. BTW The restrictions vary by province.

Settle down Karen. grin

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
“Peer review” has gone woke. Too many examples of following the politics (money) rather than the science. Remember the hockey stick graph? Also plenty of scientists who have been cancelled for publishing the “wrong” information. Google “Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria”.

It’s unfortunate that we now have to go with our gut, rather than what the “experts” say.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The link to the Yankees article reminded me of the issue of spread.

About a month ago a guy at work got it.
No idea how, no one around him had it.

Christmas time, he was at a family dinner and several got sick within
a day. All positive. He didnt get sick.

Anyway, on a Tuesday, 15 of us crowded into a small room for 2 hours of
safety/hazmat training. Not a mask in sight. I even laughed at the irony
of watching a video on mask/respirator use under those circumstances.

He said he didn't feel good. Wednessday he left early.
Thursday he got test results. Positive.

He sat within a foot of me, within 10 feet of every person in the room.
No a single other person got it.

WTF?
This is a bad bug, it's hurt a lot of people.
But, what's been worse?
The spread of the disease, or the damage caused by the spreading BS?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
The link to the Yankees article reminded me of the issue of spread.

About a month ago a guy at work got it.
No idea how, no one around him had it.

Christmas time, he was at a family dinner and several got sick within
a day. All positive. He didnt get sick.

Anyway, on a Tuesday, 15 of us crowded into a small room for 2 hours of
safety/hazmat training. Not a mask in sight. I even laughed at the irony
of watching a video on mask/respirator use under those circumstances.

He said he didn't feel good. Wednessday he left early.
Thursday he got test results. Positive.

He sat within a foot of me, within 10 feet of every person in the room.
No a single other person got it.

WTF?
This is a bad bug, it's hurt a lot of people.
But, what's been worse?
The spread of the disease, or the damage caused by the spreading BS?

I've heard a few stories like yours where some will get it and others who were in close contact with them wont. Antibody tests show some people have had it without knowing it and therefore have immunity, and I've read reports where they have found antibodies in blood taken long before covid was a thing, so some people obviously have immunity.

The most damage IMO has been done by the medical community that refuses to use HQ or Ivermectin, even though the data clearly shows it works. A couple we know well are in the ICU in Anchorage right now with covid, and so far they havent been given either, and the husband is himself a doctor. They are fighting the system, trying to get it, but as of yesterday they hadnt gotten it yet. To me, thats criminal.

FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by yukon254

The most damage IMO has been done by the medical community that refuses to use HQ or Ivermectin, even though the data clearly shows it works. A couple we know well are in the ICU in Anchorage right now with covid, and so far they havent been given either, and the husband is himself a doctor. They are fighting the system, trying to get it, but as of yesterday they hadnt gotten it yet. To me, thats criminal.

If this is true we have been victims of a colossal fraud by our elected officials.

Attached Images
thumbnail.jpg (26.29 KB, 182 downloads)
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by FWP
Originally Posted by yukon254

If this is true we have been victims of a colossal fraud by our elected officials.

Oh I dont think there is any doubt that we have, and continue to be, victims of colossal fraud.

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Which is really important on the Canada forum.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Well it has some very interesting information about the item with the single biggest impact on life in Canada this past 14 months minimum and likely in the past 5-10 years based on impact. An item that will have tremendous impact going forward .

So yes information on an issue that is kind of important to everyone .......

If you are not interested , don't read it , the rest of us don't need your 'guidance'.

Last edited by Lorne; 05/17/21.
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Lorne is correct. Nothing in our lifetime has had an impact like covid and the restrictions have. This is especially true for sportsmen and women. Over the last couple of weeks with the restrictions in the US lifting we have been getting a lot of phone calls and emails from clients wondering if they will have to have proof of vaccination, and be required to wear masks when the border is finally opened. We still have no answers for them.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
An estimate by one of the banks (BMO I think) was mentioned in the National Post a couple months ago . Their (self admitted estimate) was that the restrictions imposed have cost , and are costing Canada $500 Million per DAY . Every day

I know of a long time gun shop/gun smith that shut it down this year . COVID, and the government response to it , finished him off . I expect there are many many more .

I have close contact with a couple of northern big game outfitters . They survived 2020 .........very serious question for them if 2021. I think that any possible change to the restrictions is pretty important to them

Pretty direct impact on sportsmen and women is correct . I find it important

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We have been hit with the largest single disruption in our lifetimes. Even the war in Vietnam happened in Asia. Most people went on with their lives, unless your son was over there. I can understand why people would deny reality.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

338 members (1lesfox, 06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 33 invisible), 1,904 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,644
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.