-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My P17 if it was heavy ball. An A3-03 if not. Then again an FN-49 comes to mind.

Last edited by Armednfree; 05/27/21.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Condition means a lot on collector military Springfields, as far as price goes but more important is how good is the barrel if your buying to shoot. 03,-03A3 or p-17 and garands seem to go up in value all the time that are in great shape collecter wise. I'm a shooter, I like the bolt guns that been bubba sporterized a bit so that I can buy and use them as shooters for damn little money. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, Buddy BSA same/same.

Thanks ANF, these bullets i'll load will be 168gr Noslers, the old Garand should handle them with ease at 26-2700 fps.

Than you too MB, bud has a Springfield Garand in the works for me, cant remember if the serial number is 141xxx or 161xxx, most likely an early one, he says it's all bone stock and correct as far as the numbers go, and, it hasn't seen much service/shooting, says he may let me have it for 7 or 8 hundred bucks, now he's after my damn ammo, always a catch, huh? grin

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
All this "P17" talk makes me want to go and shoot my m1917 Enfield. Just sayin.. Reminds me of my buddy shooting his all original military rifle. Damn guy was boiling the oil/cosmoline right out of the stock with that hot barrel. One right after the other and the stock actually wept. The side of his face was brown.. The damnedest thing I ever saw..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
That is a little hard on the gun. I dont abuse my rifles like that. The next owner down the line may appreciate a good barrel.

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Good lord BSA, i agree with Fourbore, those old rifles have already earned their keep, i'll NEVER run mine like that, hell my modern day REPR's have never had more than 4 rounds fired without a cool down break, not like we're in a damn war or something, not yet anyway! grin

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by fourbore
That is a little hard on the gun. I dont abuse my rifles like that. The next owner down the line may appreciate a good barrel.

You think?

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by fourbore

You think?

I get it. I been a member for a long time, but; cannot remember who is who. So; yea, stating the obvious. No need in this case.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I loaded 225 of the 425 sticks of primed brass today with 47gr imr-4064 under the 168gr Nosler custom competitions, debured necks to make sure they were smooth, dumped powder, seated bullets at 3.310" and bumped primers when raising ram to make sure they were good and seated, 'll load the rest tomorrow.

Wish bud would hurry up and give me a price on that damn rifle! cool

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
Good lord BSA, i agree with Fourbore, those old rifles have already earned their keep, i'll NEVER run mine like that, hell my modern day REPR's have never had more than 4 rounds fired without a cool down break, not like we're in a damn war or something, not yet anyway! grin

Maybe you guys aren't understanding what I said? My buddy is the dumbass that was running his rifle like that. I don't do that, as I have a little more respect for my equipment. I'm getting ready for an AR shoot this saturday and ran these 20:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

one right after the other, but I always keep an eye on the temperature of the barrel. Most of what I shoot is what they call "slow fire". 1 shot per minute.. Unless the dumbfu cks from Portland and Vancouver want to do another "fast fire" event. That was laughable last time... Just sayin.. whistle

BSA MAGA
IC B3

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
M1 Garand hands down!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Hey Gunner, I saw a bad azzed M1A today. Oh boy was it nice. $1,600.00. I'd damn near trade my Armalite AR10T for the bastid. I wished I knew more about them, or I'd probably be buying it. I have an Airborne Ranger buddy that uses one in local comps that I might drag along to check it out. Let us know when you get your M1 Garand buddy. Those M1's are the most popular rifles at our local military rifle shoots. Guys love the hell out of them, but they don't compete well against some A-holes swedish mauser and another club members swiss k31.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500

Maybe you guys aren't understanding what I said? My buddy is the dumbass that was running his rifle like that. I don't do that, as I have a little more respect for my equipment. I'm getting ready for an AR shoot this saturday and ran these 20:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

one right after the other, but I always keep an eye on the temperature of the barrel. Most of what I shoot is what they call "slow fire". 1 shot per minute.. Unless the dumbfu cks from Portland and Vancouver want to do another "fast fire" event. That was laughable last time... Just sayin.. whistle

LOL Buddy, no confusion here, i knew you were talking about someone else.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Hey Gunner, I saw a bad azzed M1A today. Oh boy was it nice. $1,600.00. I'd damn near trade my Armalite AR10T for the bastid. I wished I knew more about them, or I'd probably be buying it. I have an Airborne Ranger buddy that uses one in local comps that I might drag along to check it out. Let us know when you get your M1 Garand buddy. Those M1's are the most popular rifles at our local military rifle shoots. Guys love the hell out of them, but they don't compete well against some A-holes swedish mauser and another club members swiss k31.

Dang, it had to be nice for you to consider trading that AR-10T, they're great rifles, i had a heavy 24 inch rifle just like yours, i know nothing about the M1A's, M-14's other than they're door saws ; ] or the Garand, speaking of, i'm going to pick it up tomorrow and carry it over to my 'Smith to give it a good looking over, he's a Garand freak too, said he did had an M1A he'd sell, but would not sell his Garand.

I cant wait to shoot my 47grs of 4064 under the 168gr bthp's over the chrono, hope like hell i didn't under load it.

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Started out with an M14, then they gave us M16s. I missed the rifle, but I didn't miss the weight. Still have and shoot the M1 that I bought in the late 80s, paid right around $375 for it IIRC.

Semper Fi.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
10-4 Craigster, that'll work, and Thanks for Your Service, i just had to fork over 8 bills for mine, that's okay, definitely sounds like they're built to last.

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well Gunner it's 8:00 am here in SD what's the report on your Garand before or after breakfast? Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I came into a full ammo can of that Greek 06 stuff a few years back. It’s a bit hot. But I keep it around for emergency purposes. 😉

I think it may have been loaded up for Garands and M1919A4’s. It was loose ammo and not in Garand clips. Seem to remember an old acquaintance saying that he tore up a certain rifle with it. And for the life of me I can ot remember the the type of rifle???? And he was killed in a bad car wreck so I can’t ask him.

For some reason an FN 49 sticks in my memory. But they are pretty tough and I don’t think that’s what its was

Agree the Greek 06 stuff is a tad hot. Following a recipe that John Barsness used, I use 48.4 grains of Varget for just over 2700 fps. It is also very accurate out of my 1903A3 with either a 150 FMJ or SP.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Jerry, I've owned 200-300 rifles in my lifetime, and been down almost every road their is to explore in firearms; double rifles, LR rifles, African rifles, varmint rifles....you name it. But other then a couple AR-15 and AR-10 rifles, and my father's old 30-40 Krag sporter, I've never gotten into military weaponry. The M1 Garand intrigues me for some reason; perhaps beyond its time, but a true battle rifle. I think you've talked me into one.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Biebs
Jerry, I've owned 200-300 rifles in my lifetime, and been down almost every road their is to explore in firearms; double rifles, LR rifles, African rifles, varmint rifles....you name it. But other then a couple AR-15 and AR-10 rifles, and my father's old 30-40 Krag sporter, I've never gotten into military weaponry. The M1 Garand intrigues me for some reason; perhaps beyond its time, but a true battle rifle. I think you've talked me into one.

Try it, you'll like it !

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 16penny, 160user, 51 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,614
Posts18,454,947
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.