24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
16806 population in our county. 503 cases total to date, 56 current active cases at present. No deaths. On the other hand 3 otherwise seemingly healthy middle aged non covid infected people have died in the county within 4 days after being vaccinated. What their cause of death was I don't know. Seems like an odd coincidence??

BP-B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by yukon254

My brother lives in Dallas. Both he and his wife (in their early 50's) have had both shots (Pfizer) a little over 2 months ago. He told me recently that with the high vaccinations COVID is now a non issue for them either for work or going out. Basically back to normal. Their health care system also seems to have a jump on early cases with treatment options that is doing something to keep people out of ICU's.

I have also spoken with friends in Arizona that have not gotten the shot, are older (80's) and have maintained a normal life style. Including selling a home and moving into a new one this past spring.

Something is not right up here.

Hugh
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by HughW
Originally Posted by yukon254

My brother lives in Dallas. Both he and his wife (in their early 50's) have had both shots (Pfizer) a little over 2 months ago. He told me recently that with the high vaccinations COVID is now a non issue for them either for work or going out. Basically back to normal. Their health care system also seems to have a jump on early cases with treatment options that is doing something to keep people out of ICU's.

I have also spoken with friends in Arizona that have not gotten the shot, are older (80's) and have maintained a normal life style. Including selling a home and moving into a new one this past spring.

Something is not right up here.

Yea I agree Hugh. We have half a dozen clients who have become good friends that live in Texas. They have maintained a fairly normal lifestyle throughout the last year. My wife's parents live in rural MO. and they have been almost completely unaffected. Each spring we usually fly down and spend two weeks with them fishing / camping on Bull Shoals. Its become a tradition for them. We couldnt go this year, or last of course, but they have gone and had a great time. They are both in their 70s, have decided not to get the vaccine, and to go on enjoying life. I have had this thought often over the last year and a half.....how much time do we have to waste? The truth is none of us know the answer to that, but when you close in on 60, the clock is running. Missing two seasons is a big deal to me. I've worked hard all my life, I dont need or want anyone telling me how to live the last decade or so I have left.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Your words -- How much time do we have to waste --- but when you are close to 60 the clock is running --- really ring true. I will be 70 this year and missed much of last fall's traditional hunts for geese with the guys and a few special draws.

I had coffee with one of the fellows that I have hunted with - Jim. In the 14 months of fear Jim has changed. He was always a little OCD and a worrier. His life now is risk adverse -- do not go outside, do not go around people, used to golf with a group -- no more as this is risky, flat out told me even if the lockdown is removed he would not goose hunt with the group this year (all old vaccinated people) -- it was hard to get him to come out for a coffee at an outside table at an A&W --- he wanted to sterilize the concrete table. For some people like Jim I do not think there will be a way out. The change to them will be permanent and at 70 how many years does he have left to be active. Prolonged fear can do funny things to people.

Then you have the manipulation by government. How inside of a week can we be told in Alberta that they will not be giving out AZ shots any more to people as a first dose, that there is 8600 for 2nd dose then no more ---- this is one week after they were pushing this shot -- it is available take it (which our daughter did). Now she is out on a limb -- no 2nd dose available, not recommended to take, India stops shipments and then suddenly there is more AZ and it is fine. Total inconsistent messaging is making it hard for people to believe the messengers anymore.

I have not yet booked any fishing trips due to not knowing on travel restrictions for when they will be lifted. My group of 4 guys that get together to shoot clays had to stop for 3 weeks (minimum) as we are not from the same household. I will be shutting down my consulting business as work has been slowly drying up over this past year. Our dog training groups are shut down due to restrictions.

A person tries to stay positive through this but the inconsistent messaging and decisions that are not risk based which make no sense, are making it harder to support the people putting out the messages.

Hugh
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hugh;
Good evening to you sir, I hope that despite all else going on around us that you had a decent day and all who matter to you are healthy.

Like yukon, I'm pushing 60 and yes indeed I too feel the clock ticking. Partially that's accompanied by the family history of the men not making it much past 70, so there is that.

One of the many things we're going to have to sort out - IF - we can sort it out, is the long tern effect of both the government and media switching message so often and the fear mongering.

It's absolutely going to have a lasting effect on a number of people and for the younger ones it's going to go on for a longer time of course.

We have family as well that's got the first shot of AZ - got it on the day BC decided not to give it to anyone under 30 - so we'll see what they decide for him.

As far as hunting and fishing, yes for sure it's tough to plan that with any certainty. I'm still attempting to figure out how to do our annual Hunter Safety Course at the gun club and remain in compliance. Again I'm not concerned for myself, but don't want to have any bad press for the club or hunters and gun owners.

Interesting times indeed isn't it?

Well said though sir that we'll try to stay positive and perhaps some of us more senior folks will have opportunity to lead/mentor as many of us have survived much worse than this beer flu mess and are still here.

All the best to you all Hugh.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I find the media screw up the facts as much as much as anything else. Nor are they through when the modeling predicts dire consequences .It's headlines only. It's like they think we can't take reality. .This third wave was predicted .

When you are playing cards, you play the hand dealt. You don't go wandering off ranting calling the player whose turn it was to deal a cheat.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
BC's Dr BS Bonnie Henry has said we might be looking at a fourth wave if Covid isn't reduced globally. In other words, if foreign nations keep producing cases, we'll keep on importing them. Canadian officials, at all levels, continue to deny all responsibility for the import of and inability to deal with, Covid 19. We are stuck with having to get our information from government (Liars 'R' Us), the MSM (Parrots Inc.) or independent sources like "nutbar.com" where some guy with a doctorate in earthworm reproduction spouts his theory regarding vaccine efficacy and side effects.
We have family in various "open" states and some not so open; Florida, Nevada, Idaho, Virginia, Washington. Some family members have caught and recovered from the virus. Some don't know and don't care. Some are, justifiably, concerned. Most have simply continued to live their lives. Our daughter, in Florida, is pretty sure she is safer now, in Florida, than she was in Afghanistan so she doesn't worry much. For myself, this particular Canadian has, indeed, had enough. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You caught her update on Monday, eh.A lot of talk to say Mutations may change the landscape. BTW Already the Indian variant has mutated, it's the .2 version now. As if the earlier version wasn't contagious enough

Canadians as nation are pretty adventurous . On some little Greek island I would find a couple of Canadians already there. But very rarely would I come across an American in my travels.There are 10x as many Yanks as Canucks. so you would think at least equal numbers. These travelers do come home.And legally they can. Also we are a land of immigrants, some even came from United States, chuckle. The relative low cost of air fares means they go back to visit patents and relatives To the law, it doesn't matter if returnee i from a village in Iran or a town in Utah. (One of my grandparents came from Utah.) .We had to allow truckers to keep driving. It would be nice if we could do like the Kiwis did and close the border hard, But that's not our reality.

All we can do is vaccinate our way out of this. Those that refuse vaccinations are dooming us .

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
All we can do is vaccinate our way out of this. Those that refuse vaccinations are dooming us .

Sugar-free Koolaid?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by BC30cal
One of the many things we're going to have to sort out - IF - we can sort it out, is the long tern effect of both the government and media switching message so often and the fear mongering.

Interesting times indeed isn't it? Well said though sir that we'll try to stay positive and perhaps some of us more senior folks will have opportunity to lead/mentor as many of us have survived much worse than this beer flu mess and are still here.

All the best to you all Hugh. Dwayne

Dwayne, all the best to you. It is a light shower day here with a forecast of snow late evening and overnight. Our annual May dump of white may be on the way. The moisture is badly needed.

Your one comment on the long term effect of the government and media switching messaging is interesting and if more people actually took the time to critically watch / review what has been going on they would see a shell game. I believe COVID is a serious issue however I have never in my life or my career backed away from telling people the whole story and outlining the proposed solution. What we have now is ever changing goal posts to re-opening or a gift bestowed on us at some point in the future by a benevolent government of life returning to normal - perhaps if everything works out.

The current example I would note to this is todays news in Alberta saying the road to re-opening is for the non-believers in Alberta (now at 17% to get vaccinated) and low hospitalization numbers (currently 220 ish in ICU of which 50% are CV). At one point it was 50% of the population to be vaccinated then 70% now it is 85% plus a reduction in hospitalization.

Note that the message put out does not say anything about being fully vaccinated. That is 2 shots. The 2nd dose for those that choose to take is not scheduled until late summer and a fully vaccinated 85% number will be into early fall.

Now the real life example of why this lack of full disclosure is important. A person having one shot can still be infected, become ill or become a carrier. Our son works in a high risk non medical environment. Even though he is under 40 he has received his first shot a couple of months ago. He is tested every two weeks and even though he has never been positive he has been sent home to isolated 3 times due to contact tracking of potential exposures at his work.

So now with more variants, the open border policy of the Feds, the lack of a 2nd dose for those that want it and having the duration between doses for Canadians being beyond the supplier recommendations what is real the measuring stick for re-opening? There are missing pieces.
What are the real metrics for reduced restrictions?

Closing drive-ins for families because they may leave their cars and mingle with others is over the top big brother and these types of actions have people pushing back. It seems the protests are getting more people involved every day.

I keep telling my wife all we can do is look after ourselves and our immediate family. Life as we knew it has changed and now we adjust and move forward in a different direction. We know the risks and can manage our lives accordingly without big brothers help.

Take care

Hugh
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It depends on how effective anti-vaxers are in spreading their point of view. The slower we are are to hitting 75% first dose and 20% fully vaccination rates, the longer we will be living under restrictions. You in the Yukon months ago should have gotten your Moderna shot You are a long ways from the urban reality that I and the vast majority of Canadians face. They will be blaming the anti-maskers and anti- vaxcers , not the politicians for the slow lifting of the restrictions. . With many cuss words, I might add. Just watch the public opinion turn on them. We daily see the mess the Manitoba and Alberta are in.

So you feel the government has the right to force a vaccination on you for a largely survivable virus? Or is this an overreaching number of citizens?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You caught her update on Monday, eh.A lot of talk to say Mutations may change the landscape. BTW Already the Indian variant has mutated, it's the .2 version now. As if the earlier version wasn't contagious enough

Canadians as nation are pretty adventurous . On some little Greek island I would find a couple of Canadians already there. But very rarely would I come across an American in my travels.There are 10x as many Yanks as Canucks. so you would think at least equal numbers. These travelers do come home.And legally they can. Also we are a land of immigrants, some even came from United States, chuckle. The relative low cost of air fares means they go back to visit patents and relatives To the law, it doesn't matter if returnee i from a village in Iran or a town in Utah. (One of my grandparents came from Utah.) .We had to allow truckers to keep driving. It would be nice if we could do like the Kiwis did and close the border hard, But that's not our reality.

So herd immunity does not exist? Or the fact that 85% of those who get the virus are hardly effected at all? And the fact that if you do get sick there are readily available medications that mitigate disease quickly? And the vaccines themselves have only gotten through the first part of the trials doesn't bother you at all? I certainly don't trust Biden or Trudeau enough to take that risk. You must.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WTM45

Sugar-free Koolaid?

In the latest Angus Reid poll numbers, 84% of Canadians believe as I do. And that number has been on a steady increase !

Hugh, the questions you ask are all valid They simply do not know !! It's been only little over a year since they took this seriously. .Studies do take time. But I don't think it's a conspiracy. They lack courage to confront it, and brains to understand it. The lack of courage is Greydog's pet peeve. Politicians are only average smart, likely even less than us. .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WTM45

Sugar-free Koolaid?

In the latest Angus Reid poll numbers, 84% of Canadians believe as I do. And that number has been on a steady increase !

Hugh, the questions you ask are all valid They simply do not know !! It's been only little over a year since they took this seriously. .Studies do take time. But I don't think it's a conspiracy. They lack courage to confront it, and brains to understand it. The lack of courage is Greydog's pet peeve. Politicians are only average smart, likely even less than us. .

I’ve been saying this for a year , or more now.
Patiently waiting for my second shot.

The first was for the herd, but the second is for me.
We’ll soon need an annual booster for the currently dominant variant(s)

Enough with Dix Neuf !!

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
In the latest Angus Reid poll numbers, 84% of Canadians believe as I do. And that number has been on a steady increase!

Not surprised in the least.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I won't be taking any Vaccine, and I don't believe any polls. I think if someone shows up to make me take it or else, they will find that living without freedom isn't as important as some people think it is.
Anyone who trusts Mr Tam, or Fauci is a fool.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
I won't be taking any Vaccine, and I don't believe any polls. I think if someone shows up to make me take it or else, they will find that living without freedom isn't as important as some people think it is.
Anyone who trusts Mr Tam, or Fauci is a fool.

WELL said SIR.............................BTW my wife and I BOTH got the Pfizer double dose. Reason????????????? We are praying to cross the border this November to go hunt the island once again. She is recovering from 3 strokes and all she wants to do is go hunting. I can not believe Fauci is still stealing oxygen from the rest of us.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've had more than enough.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What fool thinks that opening up isolated hunting and fishing resorts and Guide/outfitters to foreign hunters/fishers is going to cause an outbreak? They obviously think we are stupid, and some of us are. I have yet to know anyone, who know's someone with the wuhan, yet we are locked down because of a condensed population in a localized area.

For the second time now...none of these rules apply to the FN communities, they continue to do as they please, therefore, its a big lie.

What really gets me is how we get strung along with carefully worded phrases coming out of some talking head. We have heard so much bs now, look at the size of this Country...are you telling me we are of one mind??

On the Vaccine...well maybe if Trudeau hadn't screwed up we would of had the majority vaccinated, but because he trusted his Chinese buddies to pull through and they didn't.

A team of fugging Monkey's working on damage control 24/7 here.

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by 673
What fool thinks that opening up isolated hunting and fishing resorts and Guide/outfitters to foreign hunters/fishers is going to cause an outbreak? They obviously think we are stupid, and some of us are. I have yet to know anyone, who know's someone with the wuhan, yet we are locked down because of a condensed population in a localized area.

For the second time now...none of these rules apply to the FN communities, they continue to do as they please, therefore, its a big lie.

What really gets me is how we get strung along with carefully worded phrases coming out of some talking head. We have heard so much bs now, look at the size of this Country...are you telling me we are of one mind??

On the Vaccine...well maybe if Trudeau hadn't screwed up we would of had the majority vaccinated, but because he trusted his Chinese buddies to pull through and they didn't.

A team of fugging Monkey's working on damage control 24/7 here.

I agree. Judging by some of the comments I see in the online papers now I think the tide is shifting. Its pretty hard for the liberals to convince people they are doing the right thing when any halfwit can see what is happening in states like Texas and Fl. and others where the restrictions are lifted. We are still locked down tighter than a bearproof drum and to date, not one single person has been hospitalized with covid here. Not one. But you are right, some people are stupid enough that they are all for it. In my experience those people have spent most of their lives working for the government and cant think for themselves anyway. They are going to continue to do whatever they are told to do, and thats just the way it is.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
746 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 84 invisible), 2,768 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,702
Posts18,400,027
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.