Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
i enjoy the banter on this thread. myself and other americans could take a few notes on being lesssnarky.

that said, makes a guy glad to be a south dakota resident

BP-B2

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would of written letters to my MLA, MP, but they never reply, so its a waste of time.

We should be demanding that they lift the restrictions so we as taxpayers can stop the bleeding.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Small c conservative economists, will tell you it's not a either or, rather a when. . The pandemic has to be behind us for the economy to get back to normal, that's the when. . For governments of all stripes, their measures have been designed to keep the businesses if not afloat but still in business and the employees still on the record. , Allowing a quick rebound after the vaccinations.

Get vaccinated, I've heard one of the side effects is your male member grows 2 inches and remains firm all night.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
Get vaccinated, I've heard one of the side effects is your male member grows 2 inches and remains firm all night.

Not true!! More liberal "Fake News". grin

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My opinion- I had the vaccine, shot #1, it was no inconvenience, no pain at all and I have zero worries about this even If there is a tiny chance it could help others around me.
I am from a generation that washed up with leaded gas, I soldered galvanized sheet metal for years with 50% lead solder. Stripped asbestos by hand with no personal protection, and so on .
I have also absorbed invermectin inadvertently worming cows, horses chickens etc. Juggled mercury in our hands.
I tiny little vaccine shot to the arm is nothing by comparison, just chase it with a little rye whiskey and you will be fine.
No , we have a inept federal government, this isn't above abject compliance ,I trust my gut on these things.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
When the government and medical community gives me some solid information with no lying, I'll consider a shot. Right now, they have a track record of lying which is difficult to overlook. I really don't like being pressured or coerced. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I read it on the net, so like so much other news it must be true.

I'm of the generation that got the first polio vaccine shot. The scare on my arm is pretty small compared to what some others have. I got a Pfizer 1st dose with no side effects. Must be one of the other vaccines.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
There is a huge difference between the vaccine for polio or smallpox and one for covid. I would consider the covid shot to be more comparable to a vaccine for measles or mumps; you know, those diseases we all got and developed an immunity to. We are being fed manipulated numbers and exaggerated claims. We are being told the vax will be required for us to resume a normal existence. We are inundated with stories of bad outcomes while the millions of cases with minor or no symptoms are downplayed, under reported, or dismissed. I don't fault people for wanting to feel safer and I'm hoping it works out but I do not want them trying to shame me into following suit. Some might think I am just being stubborn or stiff necked and maybe I am. I still resent being lied to and resent being pressured. GD

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Greydog, I am much the same as you in that I have no use for liars and I take my time to research items / situations before making decisions. While I do not like being forced down paths my career was one of pressure and being given assignments that for some I did not agree with, I had to do to the best of my ability for a positive outcome.

I think if you take into account the Cutter Incident there could be similarities with the thoughts people had with the polio out break. Would the vaccine help or make the situation worse? I had polio and had friends that had it as well. Of the friends only one was more seriously affected, two had lesser physical impacts. At 70, I am the only one of the 4 still above grass. There are many people my age that were not impacted by polio. Some were vaccinated and many were not. With the Cutter incident I am not sure if I was an adult at that time what choice I would have made for my family.

In the case of COVID I had mentioned on another forum several months back that the long term effects of COVID were not known and for those that had the most serious case the long term could be much like polio in that polio has a post polio syndrome and COVID now is being talked about for people that have been hit the hardest as having long COVID (respiratory, mental fog, organ issues). This is not what I would call as open common knowledge that has been presented to people. This is concerning as it is a future stressor on the health system and information people should be made aware of --- not in a fear way but one of knowledge to allow for decisions.

There is no doubt in my mind that the current Federal government has used this incident to their advantage. All a person has to recall is the Liberal attempt to get 2 years of no parliament for them to operate without opposition questions (not that the current situation is any better). The most recent statement by Trudeau that if 75% of Canadians receive one shot then they could have small back yard get togethers this summer and a 85% fully vaccinated population would allow more indoor activities to me shows that he wants to maintain the fear and control of the population. With the media in his hand this manipulation will continue unless people push back.

I think it was Yukon that commented on the intelligence level of this group of politicians as being average. I would rate that comment as generous as this group in my view is highly under qualified, are not strategic thinkers and do not present risk based decisions. They instead try to manipulate / deflect / diffuse / place blame on others with misinformation to cover up for their own mistakes. I can see where a person could see this as being lied to and being pressured.

The other option is to consider the leadership as being so stupid that they do not know any better and are clueless as to the right approach.

Hugh
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Trudeau is not the sharpest knife in the drawer and he made sure that his cabinet reflected that by “equity” appointments ie. not the best person for the job, but the person who was the right sex, ethnicity, race, whatever. They also had to be Yes men, as reflected by his ousting of anyone who pushed back on him.

He didn’t the job on merit and none of his cabinet appointments did either. That’s how we find ourselves in the situation we’re in.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A cabinet post should be based on their experience and track record of handling such affairs. Not their gender,ethnicity or sexual orientation.

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by greydog
When the government and medical community gives me some solid information with no lying, I'll consider a shot. Right now, they have a track record of lying which is difficult to overlook. I really don't like being pressured or coerced. GD

Some very good points here ^. Governments, and the mainstream medical community on both sides of the border have been so inconsistent its amazing that anyone still takes them seriously. Its obvious the flip flopping has nothing to do with science. Im sure everyone remembers when Fauci and the WHO said the general public should not wear masks. Then Fauci later said you should wear two masks. Then recently the CDC said people who have been vaccinated no longer need to wear masks, yet congress, New Jersey, a few other states, and all of Canada refuse to lift the mask mandates. Then other states are putting bills forward to make mask mandates illegal.

The same people who say follow the science are ignoring it. The vaccination campaign that has been put in place all over the world is unlike anything we've ever seen. It just doesnt pass the smell test for me. It has never been about science, its about money, and control, and anyone in favor of vaccine passports slept through history class.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by PSE
Originally Posted by yukon254
With stories like this coming out on a regular basis now, I think its going to get harder to convince anyone of the risk/reward. The data clearly shows that over 99% of people recover from covid without any medical interventions. The vaccines dont stop the spread, thats blatantly obvious now.
https://www.outkick.com/all-seven-yankees-that-tested-positive-were-vaccinated/

It's false internet information that keeps getting spread around that will ensure that this disease stays around a long long time and you're one of the worst for perpetuating that on this site.

Things like "vaccines do not stop the spread" when clearly they do (Israel is one of the good examples happening since they're ahead of most countries in vaccination rates and infection rates are dropping).

Go ahead - might as well give us some more half baked info from questionable sources or just pull it out of your hind end - whichever. You obviously have such specialized secret knowledge to share. How about this one - I heard on the internet that vaccines are derived from unborn fetuses. No kidding - My wife found it on FaceBook, so it's got to be true right???? shocked

Lorne is right - hate and fear will turn on stubborn people who will not get vaccinated because they heard something somewhere and of course it's in vogue right now to be anti government on all things, all the time. They are the ones holding back full normalcy and preventing the economy from bouncing back.

I've refrained from commenting on this too often because there seems to be more conspiracy nuts on here than normal and there's no use fighting for the sake of fighting and some people you'll just never reach but sometime you just get very tired of the same anti vaccination BS over and over ad nauseam especially when a member of your own family has recently been affected.

There are lots of GOOD reasons to NOT get vaccinated... from a scientific perspective. However, what gets injected into YOUR body should be YOUR decision, not dictated by government... and not due to pressure from "sheeple" that mindlessly follow the accepted storyline that is being pushed by pharmaceutical companies, governments and major media outlets. There is another story, but you can't find it... nay-sayers have been shamed and ridiculed into silence and the internet has been white-washed of opposing views... ask yourself why alternate opinions are silenced and HOW they are silenced.... they are wiped from Google searches, Twitter and social media accounts cancelled... when governments and corporations go to these lengths to silence opposing opinions there is good reason for caution.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The anti vaccination group of people are in our own families, this is certainly a political hockey puck.
It is a personal choice however and others should respect this choice, imo.
Also, I hunt wild sheep, and if I am compared to a great, old warrior ram....it is a compliment. Not all sheep are timid followers .
I had shot#1/ Pfizer with zero after affects, if my doing this helps anyone around me, that is enough for me.
It is good to question big business/ gov't motives etc, but this to can be a problematic
I hope and pray that other Canadian's find some peace over this choice....yeah, prayer is the key .

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
comerade;
Good morning to you my cyber friend, I hope that you're getting enough rain out in your part of our beautiful province and that all who matter to you are healthy.

Like you, I've got factions of both sides of the beer flu mess and as an extension vaccine use or not in my immediate family.

I could not agree with you more when you've suggested it's a personal choice and it would be appropriate for others to respect that choice.

Again, even in my own family this isn't taking place, so I'm not holding my breath - but here's the really sad thing - most of my family believe in prayer too, but despite my best efforts to remind them we're not really and truly at the helm here... well the noise gets in the way doesn't it?

If it's okay with you sir, I'll join you in the hope and prayer that other Canadians can find peace over their choice about this and all the attendant clutter that's accompanying it.

All the very best of our Lord's Blessings to you and your family.

Dwayne

PS.
We're really dry here this spring, which is somewhat at odds with the adequate higher than average snow pack. But she's dry and dusty up in the mountains. frown

Stay well.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dwayne,
We are experiencing drought conditions here. The snowpack is well below average and we have had an exceptionally dry spring. There are lakes and ponds which are dry now and have not been dry at any time over the last 35 years. Went to have a look at one lake the other day and it is 25 feet below normal spring levels. On the bright side, I may be able to access high elevations. I can plan for hunting season since I can't participate in any shooting competitions this year. If getting vaccinated would mean we could open our range to competition again, that would make another argument in favour.
Regarding the vaccines, I concur that the vaccine will protect the recipient from serious symptoms. I do not accept that it provides any protection whatsoever to others. In addition, if a person is vaccinated, he or she has nothing to fear from people who are not vaccinated. Now, we are planning to vaccinated kids from 12 to 17. This is a group for which the incidence of serious illness, indeed, any illness at all, is virtually nil yet we are rushing to give them a shot. This, instead of providing the booster shot to those who may be at risk, by the way. The handling of the pandemic, a pandemic which should never have happened, has been half-assed at best; at every level. GD

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by BC30cal
comerade;
Good morning to you my cyber friend, I hope that you're getting enough rain out in your part of our beautiful province and that all who matter to you are healthy.

Like you, I've got factions of both sides of the beer flu mess and as an extension vaccine use or not in my immediate family.

I could not agree with you more when you've suggested it's a personal choice and it would be appropriate for others to respect that choice.

Again, even in my own family this isn't taking place, so I'm not holding my breath - but here's the really sad thing - most of my family believe in prayer too, but despite my best efforts to remind them we're not really and truly at the helm here... well the noise gets in the way doesn't it?

If it's okay with you sir, I'll join you in the hope and prayer that other Canadians can find peace over their choice about this and all the attendant clutter that's accompanying it.

All the very best of our Lord's Blessings to you and your family.

Dwayne

PS.
We're really dry here this spring, which is somewhat at odds with the adequate higher than average snow pack. But she's dry and dusty up in the mountains. frown

Stay well.
thanks kindly, Dwayne. Well, this rain you have is snow in our land. This moisture will help the growing season.
Yeah, the peace of prayer is sometimes lost in the noise. Join me in prayer for all of us, Thanks for the kind words. God Bless.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by saskfox
A cabinet post should be based on their experience and track record of handling such affairs. Not their gender,ethnicity or sexual orientation.

Meritocracy would be great, but since our governments are elected, regional representation has Always been a part of the make up. of cabinets. In every cabinet ever assembled, loyalty to the leader is the first and most important thing in choosing that MP or MLA.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
greydog;
Good morning to you sir, thanks for the weather update from your part of the world.

I want to say it was at least this dry in the mid '80's here where we had lakes dry up to the point folks were running 4x4's through some spots, buy that's going off of memory and not looking at the records at all.

Honestly while I've tried to do as much reading and research on the plus and minus side of the various vaccines, I must admit that I'm less clear than I'd prefer to be on the topic.

As you've well noted, the entire pandemic has been mismanaged from day one and as I've suggested the flip flopping on "official science" has been problematic to say the least.

This all sort of reminds me of a harassment case I was tasked with investigating back when that was within my job description. We - that is to say one of the business owners, our lawyer and I - were coming out of the arbitration hearing and one of them asked me my take on the past 2 and a half months of interviews, reports and note taking I'd done.

My reply was that I was pretty sure "something" had happened, but the only thing I was sure and certain of was that all of the involved parties had lied to me.... frown

Anyways sir, as mentioned in my post to comerade, I've got both sides of the vaccine issue in my family and can only repeat that I respect anyone's decision for or against.

Indeed though, hunting, scouting for fall hunts and firewood cutting appear to be fine ways to pass the days here as well, so let's hope we get enough rain that they don't decide to close down the bush!

All the best to you all out east there greydog.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BC30cal
...As you've well noted, the entire pandemic has been mismanaged from day one and as I've suggested the flip flopping on "official science" has been problematic to say the least....Dwayne

Dwayne, science always changes. You want it to change. That means doctors and scientists are interpreting data and reacting to the situation. You are witnessing qualified people adapting to fit the situation. In many respects, it's like fighting a war. Field commanders must make changes on the fly.

I laugh every time I read posts online made by people who pass unqualified judgments. We should be doing this, or taking this medicine. Ask yourself, Dwayne. Who do you trust, a doctor, or some guy from down the road who drives a school bus? Our bus driver has determined that evil forces are at play! We are all being duped! The government, Bill Gates or space aliens are trying to kill us! The medical profession is purposely misleading the public. Sadly, there is no convincing him otherwise because he knows, dammit!

These people pick and choose which articles they believe. I hope that the general public has more common sense than to take what they say at face value. Research yourself and make an educated judgment. If it's a medicine other than one of the vaccines, ask yourself if the doctors have vetted it. Ask yourself if a group of scientists or doctors would examine and peer review a treatment or a cure, but reject it because it worked? crazy

Pandemics don't happen regularly. Changes are made by qualified people, not the general public. I trust people who are trained in infectious diseases, virologists, etc. They swore an oath to protect the public, not kill them.As well, it is unwise for governments to kill off taxpayers. Their revenue drops.

COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Over 3.4 million people have died. I don't know how many people worldwide have ended up in the hospital. https://covid19.who.int/

As always, if you feel that you do not want the vaccination, don't take it. But please don't bury your head in the sand. Human activity and poor choices have helped to keep the virus alive. I hope everyone respects that this newly discovered virus is something that will be conquered by doctors and us. It's been a year and a half. Eveyrone is tired, but don't let the conspiracy theorists fool you. Stay strong. Keep the faith.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
716 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 78 invisible), 2,687 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,686
Posts18,399,755
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.