Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by paulfish308
i run a ktm 390 adventure - made in india for ktm. it is US-speced, and has been absolutely perfect through 2,600 miles. i just like thumpers, for some unknown reason, AND light weight. i will be 70 this month. i won't ride anything i can't pick up if/when it falls ... smile

That’s a really cool bike.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
thank you, sir.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I think you're being extremely optimistic about potential resale value. But who the knows anymore, we are living in strange times.

Part of my reasoning is that old brands like that don't seem to be doing well. Triumph is maybe the strongest, but their resale value is poor. Moto Guzzi made some 2020 models I've read, but they still are trying to sell new old stock 2017, 18 & 19 models.

I can't really knock Indian mfg. though. The do own the company & make some models of the Jaguar Land Rover line. 40-50 hp John Deere tractors were made in India for some time. So they might know what they're doing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Honda is building their CB350 single in India and importing them into Japan. Whatever one thinks of Honda they definitely do not let quality slip no matter where their machines are built. The worldwide demand for this model is strong enough that they will be exporting it all over the world, including the US soon enough.

[Linked Image from rushlane.com]

Of course, all new motorcycles are as scarce as primers these days but that's another story.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Honda is building their CB350 single in India and importing them into Japan. Whatever one thinks of Honda they definitely do not let quality slip no matter where their machines are built. The worldwide demand for this model is strong enough that they will be exporting it all over the world, including the US soon enough.

Of course, all new motorcycles are as scarce as primers these days but that's another story.

I'd like to have that 350

The new 2021 Honda CB350 RS starts at Rs 1.96 Lakh (or roughly US$2,700) versus Rs 1.86 Lakh (US$2,550) for the base model. If it came to the US for that price, they couldn't keep it in stock.

Last edited by KFWA; 05/19/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
37,000 miles on a Royal Enfield. There’s a number of touring videos about these bikes:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCEIs9nkveW9WmYtsOcJBwTg/featured

Had a friend that commuted on the 500cc military-looking thumper version for about two years, 40 mile round trip running with traffic on the loop, pegged flat out most of the way. IIRC after about 30,000 miles it was having real issues.

Met a guy at Glacier NP with the version you are talking about, took pics I’ll post em later. IIRC he Said it was fun but definitely more maintenance intensive than his Beemers had been.

Certainly appealing machines tho 😎

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by KFWA

I'd like to have that 350

The new 2021 Honda CB350 RS starts at Rs 1.96 Lakh (or roughly US$2,700) versus Rs 1.86 Lakh (US$2,550) for the base model. If it came to the US for that price, they couldn't keep it in stock.

No joke. That’s a cool little scooter.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
For a sit down & ride MC, just here or there, this ^ 350 Honda is a work of art. Love the simple & basic lines. But dammit, when the US model comes out it's likely to be effed up with a muffler the size of suitcase or something. And a price to reflect all our restrictions.

I hate to be negative, but compliance here vs. other countries is sometimes/always ridiculous. But it's a great looking conventional MC, and those are getting hard to find.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been watching the discussion about this on a motorcycle forum and the best semi-educated guess there is around $5,000 to $5,500 MSRP in the US of A, that's about the same as their CB300 twin.

Lots of good youtube reviews on it if you don't mind the off shore phone support accent, just search for Honda H'Ness or Honda CB350 as it's known in Japan.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
i run a ktm 390 adventure - made in india for ktm. it is US-speced, and has been absolutely perfect through 2,600 miles. i just like thumpers, for some unknown reason, AND light weight. i will be 70 this month. i won't ride anything i can't pick up if/when it falls ... smile

That’s a really cool bike.

Agree. The new 390 Adventure is on my short list.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm in the Market for a Royal Enfield Himalayan. They are well loved by the folks that are riding them for what they are: a simple, durable, tractor of a motorcycle.

Used ones are selling for 80+% of new and are few and far between.

I currently own and love a Yamaha TW200 and I see this bike as a slightly larger, slightly more street capable version of that platform.

OTD cost including tax, tag and title is running right at $6k at all of the dealers across the SE and waiting time is 4-6 weeks.

Low and slow is my preference, and I have no use for a VStrom, KLR or Africa Twin.

Might be several weeks, but I'll report back.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

the lines of this are straight out of 1971 50 years ago damn time flies.
That's really cool, in 1971 I bought a CB 350 twin they ran great and were dead reliable was $784 in April of 1971 . Back then they would run everywhere on a penny a mile for gas. I belted down the highway at 65-70 mph all day long. First summer I had it took a 2 week bike trip out to the Black Hills of SD over to the Bighorns and on to Yellowstone then down thru the Tetons and over to Craters of the Moon in Idaho then north thru Salmon , Idaho up to Glacier and Waterton Parks ( for a day) back down thru Montana and east on 212. At Watertown , SD I turned south for home and the job.
I was 16 years old and I knew where I was going and doing. The next summer I road that same 350 twin up the Alcan to tour Alaska but that's another story.... yup you can tour on a small bike but they do wear you out on a long haul. Back then I didn't pay much attention to people who like to tell me what I "couldn't do". Mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 05/21/21.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
aftermarket for the ktm 390 adventure is getting better all the time here in the states ...

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My two somewhat adult sons probably have ten motorcycles between the two of them. A little while ago, the younger got one of those “adventure” bikes, a Honda Africa. He just loves it. He commutes daily by bike unless the weather is just too bad. He recently did one of those 1000 miles in 24 hours rides. He realized that his previous favorite bike (some kind of Yamaha cruiser that looks like a spaceship) is gathering dust and is reluctantly but seriously considering sending it down the road.

Mathew 22: 37-39

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
aftermarket for the ktm 390 adventure is getting better all the time here in the states ...

It seems the bikes built in the newer Indian plants have a pretty good reputation for quality and durability.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a bike just because it was built in India.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
they might be behind a bit on building a bike, but they have the coolest company logo of any of 'em

[Linked Image from ih1.redbubble.net]
[Linked Image from mayastickers.com]

Last edited by KFWA; 05/21/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The history of RE is pretty cool.

And I typically hate all things England.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by KFWA
they might be behind a bit on building a bike, but they have the coolest company logo of any of 'em

[Linked Image from ih1.redbubble.net]
[Linked Image from mayastickers.com]

"Made like a Gun" is definitely a cool logo.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 73 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,678
Posts18,456,284
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.