Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
I hope if we are allowed to cross over that we will be welcomed visitors.

You would most certainly be welcome here in BC.

Thank you, sir.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

GB1

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Any of you Canadians on this board besides Steve Redgwell hesitant about bringing back invaders from the south? I and my family are vaccinated against everything that needs vaccinating against, but we won't be able to produce documents indicating our adherence to the current State religion. We're ten minutes from the border and my elderly Aunt moved to White Rock from AB for milder weather and to be closer to us. I guess she can come down to see us, until they no longer let her drive. It will be interesting to see our governments tie themselves in knots figuring out documentation. It's the first time they've held any real cards in this negotiation. CBSA would need access to whatever database can verify vaccine cards and lot numbers. Or we'd need to get a Super-Duper Nexus on top of that which we already have.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
VEK, come on over, this Covid thing hasn't scared me at all.
I live and work at the start of the Alaska highway, lots of USA plates travelling both ways.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
I never have been. If covid is the concern, the exclusion of people from Ontario or BC's lower mainland should do the trick. I heard a claim (on Global TV, mind you, so not gospel) that 70% of Canadians think the border should remain closed. This was probably based on a poll done in an urban Liberal area so is a little suspect. If true, it is indicative of a portion of the population about which we should all be embarrassed. GD

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
greydog;
Good morning to you sir, I hope it's a tad less smoky in your part of the province and all in your world are well.

Where does one begin when it comes to either media or polls, you know? I've said this many times now on a few social media platforms, but I do not know anyone who responds to any polling whatsoever. I quit years ago myself.

When I think about it, it was likely about the time I decided that neither the polling results or the media in general were reporting anything remotely resembling fact.

Even this local fire is proof of that - the media has decided that it must keep the people in a fearful tizzy it seems.

Actually greydog, that's a big part of the problem in my view too, is that fear mongering has reached such a level that some people now have lost whatever was left of their ability to critically reason through most topics. That could well be the worst effect of the beer flu - in my view.

We're of course a tourist destination here in our part of BC and frankly we've been screwed. I'm not sure any longer how long it will take to come back if ever and you know I hate to be that negative. There are so many small businesses that have not and will not make it out the other side I've stopped counting.

Surely the government sending a lot of people more money every 2 weeks to sit at home than they've ever made before didn't help that one bit either - in my view.

To our 'Fire friend Vek, I would say that the folks in small tourist related industries will welcome you with open arms, as will anyone with the ability to do simple math.

The ones who won't are the folks who have been convinced that money appears magically from thin air, that debts incurred do not ever have to be paid, that interest rates never fluctuate and that "the government" will be able to take care of them and keep them safe forever, in the same way it kept them alive during this "horrible deadly plague".

Again to one and all, I apologize for being negative, but once again being married to an accountant for nearly 39 years and managing several small independent businesses "by the numbers" over my working life, I absolutely know for a fact much of what is taking place is financially unsustainable to put it mildly.

We're incurring a yoke of debt that will cripple our own retirements and be an incredible burden on our children and grand children.

My hope by posting my opinion is that folks will begin to think about what we here in BC lost - as in $8.3 Billion in direct revenue for starters - and just exactly how we plan to get back on track financially. We now owe "someone" an incredibly staggering amount of money, you know?

All the best to you all greydog, stay cool and lets hope for favorable winds and perhaps some rain.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 07/16/21.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Vek
Any of you Canadians on this board besides Steve Redgwell hesitant about bringing back invaders from the south?

Feel free to stay home. laugh Your citizenship doesn't enter into the mix. We don't need unsubstantiated rumourmongering. We have enough Canadians doing it. We don't need to import anyone.

Originally Posted by wabigoon
How many millions of dollars lost?

I'm looking froward to getting back,"Up".

The friends are more important than the fishing!

The end is in sight, Richard. That should make you feel better. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know how else one is to think when you know your Government is a puppet for a globalist/communist agenda.
I haven't had any confidence in either Federal or Provincial Government since the beginning of the Wuhan, on any issue whatsoever.
Lobbyist and special interest were given free reign to run with their agenda.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-us-border-vaccinations-1.6105110

Canada is getting ready to welcome the world again, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau quietly indicated late Thursday as his office disclosed a target of mid-August for when the border might reopen for fully vaccinated Americans.
---

Details of the opening are to be revealed next week.

Translation: We will be opening. We just haven't got anything figured out yet. Give us a week to works things through.

Are people really that dumb to believe Capt sparkle sock’s lies? Lie after lie after lie. Oh and everyone is going to die. Social distance and wear masks. Yet he doesn’t even bother to follow his own protocols and the idiots still hang on his every word of a part time art teacher

. How many times did he say he would open the border? Any arrests yet in the terrorist Christian church burning yet. Are Chinese from the epi center of the deadly virus still flying into Canada every day while churches are closed down?

Three vehicles with BC plates were at a local bar here last night had a beer with them.

Oh I’ll be first to admit the US is just as screwed up.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
I hope if we are allowed to cross over that we will be welcomed visitors.

LBK

You will be , at least by the vast majority. Here in Sask you will be for sure

I can't speak for the lunatics unfortunately

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
VEK

You are , and will be welcomed here

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
BC30cal,
I hope you are remaining safe through what is only the beginning of what could be an ugly fire season. We are tinder dry and continuing hot but have been lucky in the prevailing winds and lightning lottery.
Most of our income is tourism-based but, because we do not rely on American traffic, we have been largely unaffected. We are fortunate. I keep expecting some government official to realize we are in a niche which is relatively immune, so far, and take steps to fix that.
I agree totally on the value of polls. I, myself, on the rare occasion where I would answer one, would occasionally lie just to skew the results. In short, I share your pessimism.
Let's hope hunting season can go ahead. That will help brighten the outlook! GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
News media to get viewership has to ramp it up. Dry facts and consider opinion doesn't make Murdock rich. What was once responsible, now has to compete.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Normally, I would agree with this, but I think you give too much credit to the govt.

I do not believe that it was a "skillful leak", but rather, a slip of the tongue. Justin was excited and simply couldn't keep quiet.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from images3.alphacoders.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
And here is the official release about the border opening from the PM's office. This is the part that refers to the border being opened.

First Ministers also discussed how to continue safely adjusting border measures. The Prime Minister noted that, if our current positive path of vaccination rate and public health conditions continue, Canada would be in a position to welcome fully vaccinated travellers from all countries by early September. He noted the ongoing discussions with the United States on reopening plans, and indicated that we could expect to start allowing fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents into Canada as of mid-August for non-essential travel. First Ministers expressed their support of reopening plans, and agreed on the importance of ensuring clarity and predictability as initial steps are taken. The Prime Minister indicated that ministers would share more details on these plans early next week.

https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/readouts/2...lds-33rd-call-premiers-covid-19-response

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Supposedly the Canadian side of the St Lawrence opens on July 22. At least that's what someone in the know told my wife.

Life is good live it while you can.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
VeK

Probably your best approach is to ignore Steve, irritating though he maybe. Of course once the Lieberals tell him it’s safe he will be (likely) parroting how safe it is. No need to think or question, if the government speaks , he is on board.

Normal people ( more and more scarce) will have no problem and will, I expect, treat you with respect.

Without the gospel of the ‘vaccination ‘ I fear you might have an issue, unfortunately.

I wish you well and hope you get to see your family soon

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Dwayne

Hope things are well with you and yours.

To reply to one of your previous comments, I am about an hour west and a little south of your nephew in Assiniboia. DRY and hot here, grass fires are an issue.

That Fox Valley area that your family first settled is a tough place to make a living off the land. I enjoy the area but I shudder at the thought of homesteading there

I wish I could be only as negative as you are , I fear I am far worse than you. Unfortunately

In my opinion polls only serve to indicate which direction the sorry leader of this great country will go next. It would be hard to convince me that the announcement yesterday about ‘welcoming Americans in August ‘ is a direct result of the anything other than the Wednesday polls indicating that more Canadians support it. Foregive me for venturing the opinion that science had little to do with it.

Once again hope things are well

Regards
Lorne

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Lorne;
Good evening to you sir, thanks for the reply and weather report.

In fact I presently have two nephews and their families in Assinaboia, one of my sister's boys and one of my brother's boys.

We've been through that part of the world years back, but it has to be 15 at least.

I was talking to my brother east of Yorkton last week and it's a bad drought there too, which means it's all pretty widespread.

It's been silly hot and dry here too and we're used to it - but not in June. I want to say that 44° in the shade was our hottest day and it was a tad more down at our daughter and son in law's place down in town as they're a bit lower in elevation.

We're so far doing okay with the Thomas Creek Fire - it's a fair size already and was I would think a bit less than 2 kilometers from our property, but the Good Lord favored us with the right wind direction and we were spared from the first blast of it all.

We've lived here on this acreage for 28 years and honestly every year during fire season can be a little tense. One either learns to roll with it or moves to a less flammable part of the world. I've spent a bunch of time and effort doing fire suppression pruning and cleaning up some of the property, but Antelope Brush, Sage Brush and Ponderosa Pines will burn year round and dead green.

Anyways so far the wind has been favorable and we're still here thanks.

All the best to you folks, lets hope we all get some rain.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 07/16/21.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The polls indicate there little push to open the border. The fact our southern cousins are going through another wave doesn't help. It was always going to be the fully vaccinated .Canada has an +80% rate, I'm looking forward to the opening. But it looks like I'll have to get a smart phone and the app. Why can't they just stamp my passport like the ones in the past were? Modern times.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,909 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,486
Posts18,451,994
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.