Bummer. mad

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Yes—but his Royal Highass mentioned the border could open once we get to 75% vaccination rate.
That could happen—someday.
I see the Blackfeet in Montana are sharing their vaccine with Canadians. People drive across the border—stay in their cars—get vaccinated—wait for 15 minutes and then drive back. I’d like to know how they got excemted from the 14 day quarentine .

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Karl, it's not just God that works in strange, and mysterious ways.

Governments to.

K
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
K
There is no June 31????? Obviously a joke but not a good one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's closed to June 21st. https://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/coronavirus/article251514358.html

I predict it will be closed for several more months. I am NOT applying for Wyoming antelope. I'm not wasting my 10 points.

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
It appears, as expected frankly, that my BC hunt will be deferred yet another year assuming the outfitter survives...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Not good men.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Thinking South America now.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
It appears, as expected frankly, that my BC hunt will be deferred yet another year assuming the outfitter survives...

That's too bad, alot of the outfitters have been bought out and their territories taken over by the FN. They can wait as long as it takes because its all paid for. The longer this go's on the better it is for them.

BC is going to be a different place in the near future, it is quite bizarre.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by EdM

You're not alone. A few booking agents we know are moving more people in that direction.

673 is spot on the money. A good friend and his wife stopped in for dinner last week. They own one of the best stone sheep areas in northern BC. They filled us in on some of the things going on in the outfitting business in BC, and it isnt good. With covid, and the FN issues, outfitters are having a rough time. Unless some changes are made soon, the industry wont survive. The more the govt gives to the FN people the more animosity it creates.

IC B3

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
There was a map passed around that looked like the whole Muskwa Kechike management area was going to be handed over to FN.
if it happens and the FN don't allow any hunting from Non FN, then all outfitting will be dead.
pretty scary to think what the future might hold for BC

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
During all the "shutdown" the wheels have been turning and haven't missed a step, in fact it has accelerated.
There are already area's in BC that are shutdown to Citizen's of this Country.

Hey.....there are going to be many borders in BC shortly, book it.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I also have two neighbors that are Outfitter's, both have taken jobs at the coal mines.
I can't imagine how they are servicing their debt. We have chatted about this over the fence line.
The province of B.C. seems foreign to me now in alot of ways, our politics are dictated by urbanites on the left coast. The gulf is widening.
Here in Eastern B.C.we are so similar to the rural Albertan's, we neighbor with. Same belief systems, same interests, same political views.
I think things have changed through covid times, and likely won't change back.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I also have two neighbors that are Outfitter's, both have taken jobs at the coal mines.
I can't imagine how they are servicing their debt. We have chatted about this over the fence line.
The province of B.C. seems foreign to me now in alot of ways, our politics are dictated by urbanites on the left coast. The gulf is widening.
Here in Eastern B.C.we are so similar to the rural Albertan's, we neighbor with. Same belief systems, same interests, same political views.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by EdM

You're not alone. A few booking agents we know are moving more people in that direction.

673 is spot on the money. A good friend and his wife stopped in for dinner last week. They own one of the best stone sheep areas in northern BC. They filled us in on some of the things going on in the outfitting business in BC, and it isnt good. With covid, and the FN issues, outfitters are having a rough time. Unless some changes are made soon, the industry wont survive. The more the govt gives to the FN people the more animosity it creates.

I booked with Stone Mountain Safaris in 2018 for a 2020 goat, elk and moose hunt. Soon after booking the operation was sold and purchased by the Miller's that own Folding Mountain Outfitters. This sale was completed just prior to the Covid "crises". Tough times for the Miller's no doubt.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by EdM

I'm thinking the same on my BC hunt. I have an Argentina hunt booked for 2022. Hopefully their border will be open by then. They are closed right now. Many of their hunts are already booked as 2020 and 2021 hunts have been pushed to 2022.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On borders....You guys who want to come to BC to hunt need to know something before you commit to a deposit. I copied the below statement from the "limited entry synopsis" which is a guide for residents of BC to enter any draws for the upcoming season. Surely if your plan is to hunt anywhere within the subject "territory" you're outfitter would of informed you of some basic facts. This area outlined below is off limits to Citizen's of BC for hunting, and even access.

It is spreading to pretty much all area's of the Province, so....in some cases it has nothing to do with Covid. There are some great hunts available and I hope things work out for you. I suspect that the "indians" will be hosting hunts in the future, just not sure when/what that is going to mean.

On June 26, 2014, the Supreme Court of Canada granted the Tsilhqot’in Nation a declaration of Aboriginal title to a defined area of land located in the South
Chilcotin, Cariboo Region of British Columbia. As a result of the Supreme Court of Canada decision, the status of these lands has changed and as title holder, the
Tsilhqot’in Nation can determine use of and control access to the declared title lands. The Nation has announced that the title area is not publicly available for
hunting at this time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by comerade

SE BC has closer ties with Alberta than Vancouver/Victoria. Same with NE BC, East of the Rockies. I would gladly change the borders and absorb these areas into Alberta.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
NOTHING LIKE CHANGE. You can just count on it. Sometimes good often bad.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I hope the FN acquisitions will be opened to hunting by non-FN people. And I hope they don't go Kenyan- ie, close all hunting, wide-open poaching/exploitation of game resources for tribal/personal enrichment and hang the consequences to the game.

Not holding my breath, but they could do worse than modeling their land after some of the Apache, et al areas in the US SW.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 12344mag, 48 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,961
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.