Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Consider my first Vortex anything (egads......). Any love for this particular model around here? Not sure I want to drop the coin on Geovids unless someone can talk me into it. Thanks.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Come on man!

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Hanging my head in shame..........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
LMAO.......you bastids.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I used them on an aoudad hunt last month and as far as all the electronics go, it worked very well. Optically, I much preferred the Razor UHD that I also had with me. Both were in the 10x42 configuration. Generally, if you really want top end optics with an LRF, you pretty much have to step up to the higher end stuff with Leica HD-B and its later variants working the best with my eyes.
That having been said, I will probably keep the Fury 5000 AB for a while because of the electronics and how well they integrate with my phone and watch. It is very convenient to range something and have the ballistic solution pop up on my watch automatically.

ILya

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by koshkin
I used them on an aoudad hunt last month and as far as all the electronics go, it worked very well. Optically, I much preferred the Razor UHD that I also had with me. Both were in the 10x42 configuration. Generally, if you really want top end optics with an LRF, you pretty much have to step up to the higher end stuff with Leica HD-B and its later variants working the best with my eyes.
That having been said, I will probably keep the Fury 5000 AB for a while because of the electronics and how well they integrate with my phone and watch. It is very convenient to range something and have the ballistic solution pop up on my watch automatically.

ILya

That's the reason I'm interested, without spending $3k. I tried the Sig 3000 BDX and quality control was so pathetic with my sample I sent it back. RF was great, but way out of alignment with the circle reticle.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by koshkin

ILya

That's the reason I'm interested, without spending $3k. I tried the Sig 3000 BDX and quality control was so pathetic with my sample I sent it back. RF was great, but way out of alignment with the circle reticle.

I have not tested the 3000 BDX, so I do not have any insight there. I have two LRF binoculars I am looking at: Delta 9x45 and Vortex Fury AB. Optically, I think the Delta is slightly cleaner and I prefer the 9x45 configuration, but the electronics integration with the Garmin watch is really appealing for me.

Besides, we are all kinda spoiled these days with ever increasing optical quality. The Fury is very serviceable. I am not exactly birding here.

ILya

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I haven’t used the AB model, but my son has the regular 5000s and I have been very impressed with them. Have personally seen them range a water tower at 4000+ yards. I don’t have, and have never had any alpha glass so probably don’t understand what I am missing, but to me I look through Josh’s 5000s and ask myself, “just how much better could they be?” I’ve been super impressed with the glass in the Fury 5000s. Having your data in the display would be pretty cool but I’ve started keeping a DOPE book and am liking it. Takes everything into account. No correcting BC, or velocity. What you see is what you get. I suspect when I move up from my Bushnell Fusion 1600s I’ll be getting the plain Fury 5000s.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Consider my first Vortex anything (egads......). Any love for this particular model around here? Not sure I want to drop the coin on Geovids unless someone can talk me into it. Thanks.

I have an old pair of Leica 10x42 Geovids. Had them a long time. Still my favorite hunting binoculars.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
interesting, the OP is the first to criticize Vortex and is only now considering his first ever purchase...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
interesting, the OP is the first to criticize Vortex and is only now considering his first ever purchase...

Interesting observation.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Not sure what's so interesting about it, as I've always believed (still do) that there's always something as good or better than Vortex for the same or less $$. Well, this is the exception, as I've tried the Sig 3000 and the quality control on my sample absolutely sucked, the AB lite only ranges to 800 with a ballistic solution, etc. Seems as the Fury AB offers adequate optics, excellent electronics, AB features, etc that nobody in this price segment can match. It isn't that difficult to understand I don't think.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not sure what's so interesting about it, as I've always believed (still do) that there's always something as good or better than Vortex for the same or less $$. Well, this is the exception, as I've tried the Sig 3000 and the quality control on my sample absolutely sucked, the AB lite only ranges to 800 with a ballistic solution, etc. Seems as the Fury AB offers adequate optics, excellent electronics, AB features, etc that nobody in this price segment can match. It isn't that difficult to understand I don't think.

Simpler yet... you have a hard on for Vortex but without experience outside of a big box store counter...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Quit acting like a poor....buy one of the 3 alphas and enjoy it without any “what if’s “.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RHutch
Quit acting like a poor....buy one of the 3 alphas and enjoy it without any “what if’s “.

The "three Alphas" have been blurred for a bit at the top in multiple categories....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I own a couple vortex scopes, and they've been great so far. Some of their stuff is underrated for sure.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
FWIW..............even though the OP was very specific about binos.

https://www.snipershide.com/precision-rifle/scope-tracking-test-results-2020/

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Simpler yet... you have a hard on for Vortex but without experience outside of a big box store counter...

Not to mention his criticism of Leica and their warranty service.........

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

166 members (470Evans, 338reddog, 2UP, 35, 44mc, 007FJ, 19 invisible), 1,496 guests, and 888 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,582
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.