Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
In January I sold a member of this site two Remington shotguns. Unfortunately they were stolen by a POS UPS employee in transit as they disappeared after 1-2 days of tracking.

One is pretty distinct so I figured I’d put a pic out in the event someone on here comes across them. I will pay a finders fee. The buyer was reimbursed for the guns. They have been entered into NCIC as stolen. I believe they went missing somewhere between KY and TN headed to AR.

Thanks in advance!

Remington 1100 20ga dipped in natural gear and cerakoted burnt bronze. Vent rib barrel.

Remington 11-87 12ga Special Purpose cantilever slug.

Attached Images
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Hate a thief. Good luck hunting them down.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I had a shotgun barrel stolen from a UPS facility in about that same area. I never did get a dime from UPS even though they admitted to loosing the package.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Out of curiosity, how did UPS handle the insurance claim? I always hear second-hand stories about carriers and their insurance and it would be nice to have and up-to-date update.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Out of curiosity, how did UPS handle the insurance claim? I always hear second-hand stories about carriers and their insurance and it would be nice to have and up-to-date update.

i Have had USPS lose one gun during Christmas madness and damaged two more. Fully paid on all three claims. UPS and FedEx have between them damaged or lost almost ten in twenty years. Neither paid full claims and UPS left two rifles on my stoop in Philadelphia that were supposed to be signed for BY ME. Naturally, the hood rats stole them. UPS would not pay, as they said parcels were delivered. I filed a complaint with BBB and let BATF know that UPS was not following rules. I only ship USPS now.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
A friend of mine is an FFL. A rifle that was coming to him went missing at the Parksville, NY UPS facility. He told UPS that he was contacting the ATF to notify them of a stolen forearm at their facility. THAT got their attention. I'll have to ask him how it turned out.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
J
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

BigSky, they handled it very poorly at best. I submitted a claim and several detailed pics of the gun, package, all contents as well as the transaction details (proof of value). After the time frame I was updated they were paying me my insurance. I couldn’t believe it.

7 days later a check for $47 arrived. They tried to pay me just for the shipping charges. I called and they advised I had to go to the service center and talk to someone there. I drive there 3 times, 30 min each way just to be told they were not there each time and no return call. Finally the guy there who had worked there for 20+ years said there was nothing they could do and he was pretty sure they do this to make it harder on the customer.

I called and relayed this info and the claim began being processed again. They then told me I had to show proof of value beyond the payment. “How do I know you didn’t buy them off eBay or Amazon at a discounted price?” was the justification. Clearly not gun people. They also said the person listed as they buyer was not the recipient. I had to walk them through the FFL process and they were still skeptical. They said they would pay me in 10 days. After each 10 days I would call and get another excuse.

Finally I told them I needed their legal departments contact info to be served and that I would be asking for compensation for mental anguish of having guns on the street at the hands of their employees. They said I would have the money in, you guessed it, 10 days.

Finally, I called back and got someone who was competent and somewhat empathetic and they pushed it through.

The check arrived and it was $50 short of what I insured it for and not counting the $47 sent previously.

At this point I’ll take it as a win. I reported them jan 10 or so and was just paid a couple weeks ago. It was over 90 days of aggravation.

Last edited by JSmith62198; 05/19/21.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
This is what worked for me. You guys need to know that UPS is self insured and collecting insurance from you at $1 a hundred just goes into their pocket. I had an item damaged beyond repair and all they wanted to do was refund shipping costs and told me the package was not packed properly. This is their standard answer. After a few of the 10 day jerk arounds as described above, I went to my local UPS manager and asked for the name and address of the CEO. I told him I was sending a letter with pictures to the board of directors and was going to have it placed into their agenda and read into the minutes of their meeting. Also told him I had no idea if that would rectify my situation, but I would have the satisfaction knowing that I did everything possible. Guess what - I had my check in less then one week. Be civil but do not be afraid to fight for what is right.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I remember the 1100, I really would have liked to buy it. It should stand in a crowd as long as folks know what to look for.

Good luck, I hope the thief ends up in prison.

Black Cows Matter!
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Darn shame I have shipped numerous firearms by UPS over the years been lucky no problem

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Years ago, I did promotional work for a firearms manufacturer in Texas.

He and I talked about the theft problems with shipping. He told me many, many times the firearms were stolen out of the packaging and only the box reached the destination.

They entered all stolen firearms into the NCIC data bank, and reported thefts to BATFE as well. He said hardly any were ever recovered. mad

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Don't know where it disappeared at, but Memphis seems to be a vortex for packages for me.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Does anyone have a GOOD phone number where you can talk to an actual, English speaking person from UPS? I have been given the run around since February 3rd on 2 different packages, 1 lost the other severely damaged.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I always insure for double the selling price for this reason. They lost or more like stole a nib winchester pre 64 model 70 220 swift in the 90's, sold it for $1800, had it insured for $4000, worth my troubles

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Buddy of mine did rebarreling work of 5 FBI sniper rifles, all were shipped back to the FBI the same day, all came up missing. Gun shop filed a claim with UPS. He told them they should expect the FBI looking into this matter as the rifles were FBI property. With in a day they found all 5 rifles

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Well guys and gals I lost threw the mail, UPS,Fed Ex. no getting them back claims were not paid .Here how it went after filing with all then went to congressmen gave me the number to Obams ATT GENERAL AND ATF took claims nothing done for me on any of them I figure I lost about 2500.00 on all GOOD LUCK they collect the extra cash goes for lunches I guess

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good luck with this mess.

A friend was shipping a couple of automatic weapons to Washington, DC, for a military show and used UPS. The weapons went lost to tracking at a UPS center in Louisville, IIIRC, and he immediately called the local ATF and the office near that facility was contacted and a couple of agents went out to the facility and expressed their concern and, wonder of wonders, the weapons showed up. They had been hidden in an area of the facility.

Retired cat herder.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I ordered a flat of steel shot for next duck season from Rogers sporting goods last month and the ass holes at ups stole it while in transit. Seems as ups has QUITE a problem these days.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Your best friend is your state Attorney General. Contact them and they have a division that should pursue UPS and make a quick conclusion to your dilemma.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

398 members (160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 34 invisible), 2,610 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,804
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.