24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How about a high heat and sticky azz humidity spot .... I know some places like that...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sprint11
Originally Posted by Brad
Montana is near the top, but I hate the cold.

Then why would you consider Montana?

Because it checks most of the other boxes! Mountains, Water, 2A, Enough civilization, Hunting, etc. It may just be too cold. and I'd have to be on the lookout for Conrad.
I said 'semi'-rural, meaning not being in the middle of a 50000 acre ranch, but not the insipid 'suburbs' either.
Budget $5-600
Tn's income tax is pretty attractive.
Don't know why holding a fish offends someone, and don't know why you'd ignore someone for it, but whatever.

I can’t see where I said anything about your fish - what’s up with the comment?

Anyway, based on you comments I don’t think Montana is for you - it’s snowing here at my house as I write this...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Because it checks most of the other boxes! Mountains, Water, 2A, Enough civilization, Hunting, etc. It may just be too cold. and I'd have to be on the lookout for Conrad.
I said 'semi'-rural, meaning not being in the middle of a 50000 acre ranch, but not the insipid 'suburbs' either.
Budget $5-600
Don't know why holding a fish offends someone, and don't know why you'd ignore someone for it, but whatever.

That kind of money gets you a lot in the mountains of western NC or eastern TN. There are a lot of lakes in the area and a lot of public land. Finding a place that backs up to the National Forest is still pretty easy. I'd buy land now and build when the stupid stops.

It doesn’t get you much in Montana.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by deflave
I am actually a very nice person....but it do get cold here.

If I were gonna move...it would be way south.

Go someplace they don't call the cops if you have a lawn mower with no hood on it.

Homestead, FL!!!!

Sounds inviting!

Y'all like Mezcans, den?

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
It’s crazy how little half a million will buy in much of western MT. Much of Idaho and the mountain west in general.

It’s gone ape schit. Dollar ain’t what it used to be and the situation seems to be escalating.

Paul is right. Buy some land now and hope lumber/materials get to be reasonable again.

You can kiss a (CA) commie for that.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by EdM
Nothing going on here other than getting ready to leave the Texas Hill Country for far north Idaho for a few months in a week or so. With the pup we are driving this trip, 500 miles a day, 4 days.

That is spartan level travelling! I just arrived in Elko, Nv. after taking 3 days to drive here from Gold Beach, Or.

Note: The people we encountered in the small towns of Oregon were fiercely conservative, mask averse and very friendly. There is some wide open spaces from Burns to the Idaho border that looked really good to me. Who knew?

To the OP. I would locate in Idaho Falls and have an Airstream to travel where the weather, hunting and fishing dictated.

Leaving the West for the south...or Texas is out of the question.

mie r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by EdM
Nothing going on here other than getting ready to leave the Texas Hill Country for far north Idaho for a few months in a week or so. With the pup we are driving this trip, 500 miles a day, 4 days.

That is spartan level travelling! I just arrived in Elko, Nv. after taking 3 days to drive here from Gold Beach, Or.

Note: The people we encountered in the small towns of Oregon were fiercely conservative, mask averse and very friendly. There is some wide open spaces from Burns to the Idaho border that looked really good to me. Who knew?

To the OP. I would locate in Idaho Falls and have an Airstream to travel where the weather, hunting and fishing dictated.

mie r

Masks? Lol

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Budget $5-600

That kind of money gets you a lot in the mountains of western NC or eastern TN. There are a lot of lakes in the area and a lot of public land. Finding a place that backs up to the National Forest is still pretty easy. I'd buy land now and build when the stupid stops.

It doesn’t get you much in Montana.

Or north Idaho.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I haven't found anywhere that's perfect year round.

Life is good live it while you can.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I haven't found anywhere that's perfect year round.

California great climate. schitty politics

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Georgia is full of Dindus . They don’t like cold

Go to Montana and man the fugk up. Build a fire and snuggle up to a well insulated girl. Damn

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Cut first grass monday. Then shoveled snow this AM. Shrug.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm a big fan of Southeast Montana.
Plenty rural, better weather, beautiful country!
Billings, Bridger Laurel area. Plenty to do. Great fishing and plenty of open land. Go east and south from there!
Western south Dakota?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sandcritter

Cut first grass monday. Then shoveled snow this AM. Shrug.

This man knows how to "move". smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by EdM

mie r

I suspect that it has been a while since you have been to Idaho Falls, it is booming like the Boise area. I have acquaintances who live in that area who say "WTF" is going on here - I can't believe the way this area is growing. It is not just Idaho Falls itself but the whole surrounding area is growing like crazy, prices are going up and the average time for property to sell has gone from weeks to days.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Budget $5-600

I can’t see where I said anything about your fish - what’s up with the comment?

Anyway, based on you comments I don’t think Montana is for you - it’s snowing here at my house as I write this...

Happy_Camper made a comment about the fish. No idea why. You were just collateral damage.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Sprint - a young man, who worked for me part time for the best part of 20 years, moved to W Va ~ 1 year ago, and LOVES it !
He's coming out mid-June. If you'd like to visit with him, we could make him available.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by EdM

mie r

I suspect that it has been a while since you have been to Idaho Falls, it is booming like the Boise area. I have acquaintances who live in that area who say "WTF" is going on here - I can't believe the way this area is growing. It is not just Idaho Falls itself but the whole surrounding area is growing like crazy, prices are going up and the average time for property to sell has gone from weeks to days.

drover

It is the location that I find most attractive. A days drive from some of my favorite places.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by deflave
I am actually a very nice person....but it do get cold here.

If I were gonna move...it would be way south.

Go someplace they don't call the cops if you have a lawn mower with no hood on it.

Homestead, FL!!!!

Sounds inviting!

Y'all like Mezcans, den?

Lol.

I like the food that they make.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM

mie r

Most of the Oregon Coast is conservative people, except for Lincoln, Lane, and Clatsop County.

Eastern Oregon is the same, with the exception of Bend, Oregon, which is loaded with California liberals who came up in the late 70’s and early 80’s and did a huge land grab of spectacular properties.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
613 members (2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,599
Posts18,398,245
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.