-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Agreed, one syllable with a hard consonant on the end.

Buck, Doc, Drake, Jack, etc...

Enjoy your new pup!

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My last Wirehair was named Gus. I’ve also had a Fred, Annie, Rowdy, Honey, and Sis.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our yellow lab name is keg named after keg creek in the alphabet mtns in unit 13. My chocolate lab wewe’re going to name Kobuk but I saw him and said nope it’s going to be bocephus and by god he lives up to that name lol. Our 3rd lab is a chocolate and it’s my daughter’s he’s only 4 months old his name is Rigby. She Was going to name him Sukhoi but that’s too over the top lol.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
tcp Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by SLDUCK
All Mylan's were whistle trained and handled. I waterfowl plus upland. Just puck a name that is not close to verbal command. 1 sylabells are best

Having trained dogs with a professional for a 8 month period between school, I can tell you that the dog doesn't care what its name is so pick something that you like that is easy to yell. Whistle training is the way to go and therefore the dog's name is actually used very little in the field, BUT most dog commands are one syllable - therefore a two syllable name sounds least like a command to a puppy. Also names that end in long EEEE, like Haley, Harvey, Bailey don't sound like any common command.

Last edited by tcp; 05/17/21.

If you can't be a good example, may you at least serve as a dreadful warning
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Best thread in a while. My old Lab names were Tad, Max, Casey & Cooper. I won’t even tell you what our daughter named our Beagle.

IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Chaos, Rowdy, Rookie, Hurricane (Cane for short), Disco, Bravo.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just named my new Vizsla female pup “Dame”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I always wanted to name a dog Parvo-- maybe a little rat terrier or a Mexican Hairless.

I had friends who named their labs Sam and Ella.

I also once met an English Bulldog named Admiral Bing (he was the guy the Brits shot for not "doing his utmost.")

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Got the call tonite from the breeder my Lab will be born at the end of the month. Not sure if it will be a male or female I'm getting, I was late to get on the list, but I was watching NCIS when I got the call. So either Abbie or Jethro, makes sense to me.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
my best lab i named him JAKE

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B3

G
G
I went on the best duck hunt of my life with a old black lab named Bob. It was blowing 20mph and the ducks couldn't get down to land, they were just hovering in front of our blind. On many occasion we would look around for Bob when a group was circling and then someone would yell "D a m n-it Bob!! get back in here" as he would be running around in the field behind us. He also got skunked on our 1 mile walk into the blind. It was a memorable hunt.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
...three black labs: ACE, AMOS & ANDY. Three yellow labs: BUCK, BUMPER (BUMP) & GUS. Got away from same letter naming.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Beings you live in Kansas , I am assuming its a pointer of some sorts. Have known two GSP, one was named Karl and the other Larry that were the most laid back gsps ever. Larry had a long career hunting south dakaota and Nebraska so he deserved the retirement he was enjoying.
Steve is a good name also. Dogs with regular human names are the best, My current dog is named Lily and the previous one was Suzy, they were both high strung rat dogs though.....

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Chance.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Our black lab got out and got breed with a big bulldog. She has 3 pups left. Brownie, Reba and Rowdy. That is their personality.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lars.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickBin
Got a female coming May 28. Got my name but waiting to see Pup in case that causes a change.

Had decided on Jet, and kept it.

Strongly considered Trouble (joke) once she arrived. She’s a handful.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
First big male setter I had was Buster and his female companion was Dixie Belle. The two setters I have now are females.
Scarlett and BLEU Belle. Bleu for short. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Gawdamit and Whatthephuck seem to common names where I hunt... laugh

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
When my wife was growing up one of their neighbors had a dog named N166ER..........................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

559 members (1minute, 260Remguy, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 61 invisible), 2,139 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,287
Posts18,448,910
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.