Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Sharp, damn sharp your going to love that. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bet you’re excited for sure. Enjoy it.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Very, very nice! Fish finders are pretty easy to install. Check your boat's fuse panel as it will likely have spares you can connect to.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very nice!

Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Very, very nice! Fish finders are pretty easy to install. Check your boat's fuse panel as it will likely have spares you can connect to.

Just make sure it is the correct fuse. Most sonar units use 1 to 3 amp fuses.

30338 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for advice on those. I'll need to have clear directions on installing this stuff. I actually think the troller may be easy. Has a plug up front and battery charger came pre wired. So mount the base carefully and roll on that. At least I think so. The Hummingbirds for some reason have me nervous but hope to figure them out fast. And will double check those fuses.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The trolling motor is no biggie. One thing I’d put on there is a cradle for the motor head. It supports it while going down the road or when you’re underway. I wonder if your boat will take the same sportstrac mounts as mine? If so, I may have a few you can have.

30338 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Gooch, It seems to have the angled sportstrac rail versus the 90 degree rail. Can post a pic later. Getting ready to go see if this thing floats for a few hours. I'll see what the Terrova comes with for a cradle. If it doesn't will see about adding that.

Bought a Universal My Wedge to use when towing on the outboard. Supposed to support the transom better. Its on the way now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

30338, congrats on the boat. As soon as this heat spell breaks here, I’ll hopefully get out on the water too. I have a 19 1/2 Crestliner, Blue Velvet with 150 Yamaha Vmax, walk-through windshield, and fitted to my purposes. I’ve never wished for smaller if on the Missouri River reservoirs in SD, but when fishing regional lakes alone, sometimes I think I’d go for a 17-footer.

But it’s been a great rig and it’s definitely boat time. Good fishing!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

30338 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Great looking boat George! I imagine that 150 moves it pretty well.

We got out last night with ours for the first time and it should suit us just fine. Need to get back out some early mornings and try fishing a bit. Kind of need some things that are on order to come in though. Loved that it was really easy to load and unload. Gotta get my wife comfortable with putting it on the trailer this summer.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yeah Kurt you do but show her everything especially the driving and operating part so that you can learn to put up your feet while handling your fishing rod in one hand and beer in the other. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 30338
Great looking boat George! I imagine that 150 moves it pretty well.

We got out last night with ours for the first time and it should suit us just fine. Need to get back out some early mornings and try fishing a bit. Kind of need some things that are on order to come in though. Loved that it was really easy to load and unload. Gotta get my wife comfortable with putting it on the trailer this summer.

That’s A thing. Where we fish there are not too many ramps and they are usually busy. My wife wants nothing to do with it — makes her nervous. So I have to load and unload myself which definitely slows it down a bit.

You have a nice looking rig.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Great looking boats there for sure. The fish are on a tear around here. I had hoped to get out one morning this week but life got in the way. Saturday will be my next attempt and if all goes well, I'll go on Sunday too.

Loading and unloading are worth practicing at first, in my opinion. I've had this boat since 08 and its become quite easy to load and unload by myself, or with others. Did you get bunks or rollers on your trailer?

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
30338 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This Shorelander came with bunks and roller guides. It centered really well for me last night so am quite sure the wife can manage it with practice. Hoping stuff starts showing up on my front porch as I am wanting to get out fishing soon myself. Just need a few things to get here first.

Good luck to you if you get out this weekend!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I hope you get your stuff soon. I am on Terrova #2. The first one had a seal leak after giving good service and so I replaced it with a newer one. Good outfits. I use Lowrance myself and just reoutfitted the electronics this spring.

We are fortunate to have relatively deep boat ramps out here at the River and so almost everyone in town has bunk trailers. In the shallow dishpan lakes further east, the boat ramps can be quite torturously flat and roller trailers are common and for good reasons. Point being you can tell who's used to what when they are not in home water anymore. I had a hell of a time getting my boat on and off the bunks fishing up there two weeks ago, and the roller guys will dump a few boats off onto the concrete each summer when at the river.

Poking a little fun at George's neighbors and friends here but what is it with Iowans and Nebraskans and boat ramps? Do they give awards down there for slowest entry and parking? Is there a rule that all persons present must board at the same instant after carrying all their gear and accoutrements down the ramp individually?

Dakotans and Minnesotans, for the most part: Arrive at launch. Unstrap your boat, put your gear, bait, lunch, people in the boat, pull onto ramp and back it down, float it off, they tool around allowing others to use the ramp, until the driver parks and makes his way down where he steps in and off they go.

Iowans and Nebraskans, for the most part: Arrive at launch. Wait their turn. Pull onto the ramp. Park. Unstrap boat. Float it off. Tie it up. Drive up the ramp and park. All get out and carry down an item. One or more go back for a second item. All get in at the same time. Off they go, talking amongst themselves about why people seem unfriendly.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That’s pretty funny BK. I worked (I’m retired) with a surgeon originally from SE MN who is a very serious fisherman. He also told me the Minnesotans’ version of Iowans at the boat ramp. About the same as yours..😮 🙂

I have learned to get everything! ship-shape in the parking lot and even give a little extra slack to the securing strap — not too much as I have rollers. Get the trailer-fender water level to just float the boat, release strap and chain and push to end of the dock and secure. Don’t even start it. The docks where I do this are long enough that I don’t hold up traffic coming or going.

Dash up to the truck and get off the ramp to the lot.

On return, I don’t get the trailer quite as quite deep and run the boat up on the rollers just high enough that
it doesn’t slide off. Hook and winch a few turns and get it out to the lot where I reorganize.

The defense rests its case. 😀

Crossing the bridge at Chamberlain a couple years ago, on the west side there is a ramp on the north end of the bridge and there lay a very, very nice, bigger boat — in the higher 20’s I’m sure — scuttled on its side on the concrete ramp. Somebody had had a bad boat day..

There is no doubt two guys who know what they are doing get in and out about as fast an an Indy 500 pit stop.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 06/10/21.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sweet rig. Should treat you and the wife very well. Make sure you play with the trim a lot when you are running. I run my Yamaha all the way down then count slowly to three as I raise the motor up and it seems to be the best position to run the motor.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
30338 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'll for sure give that a try. Got 3 hours on it last outing. Has a gauge for trim so can keep track on there what will work best. Never thought to move that around while underway. As I said before, boat newbie and all advice welcomed.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by 30338
I'll for sure give that a try. Got 3 hours on it last outing. Has a gauge for trim so can keep track on there what will work best. Never thought to move that around while underway. As I said before, boat newbie and all advice welcomed.

If you start all the way down, as you trim it up, your speed will increase until you find the sweet spot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Really nice looking boat and the Lund 1775 Impact is one of 2 boats I have on my short list. The other is Alumacraft 175 Competitor. Hopefully I'll have one of the two parked in my garage late fall when boats become available for order again here in Vt.

Last edited by champlain_islander; 06/17/21.

living the good life every day
30338 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Got the Minnkota Terrova Riptide mounted up front. Had great help from my wife and we got it lined up per the various youtube videos and instructions. Wired up the 2 12 volt batteries and hooked up the RS2 onboard charger to them.

Transom saver is mounted and ready for the transducer to be mounted. Ordered some Connect-Ease electrical gadgets that should help me as a rookie wiring pucks, and Hummingbird locators. Waiting on a ball mount for the Helix 7.

I probably would have paid a local dealer to do this stuff but the local Lund dealer in Denver has not proven to be worth working with. Only piece of advice I would give would be to make sure your local Alumacraft, Crestliner or Lund dealer is competent and cooperative. No big deal for me really as kind of enjoying the setting up stuff, but unless you have a lot of time it could be a pain. Anxious to get it back out soon.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,566
Posts18,453,797
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.