Print Thread
Hop To
H
Hogeye Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
if a man in the USA had a 12/7x57R combination gun and wanted a 7x57R insert so he could shoot it as a double rifle, where would he go to buy it?

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
From the German perspective this is a pretty interesting question, as Einsteckläufe are not registered here. If you cannot find a dealer who sells them regularly in the US, you might want to contact someone who imports firearms parts as anyone who can import a barrel should be able to bring in an Einstecklauf.

I would, however, pay attention to what kind of gun the barrel is supposed to go into as not all break actions can stomach an Einstecklauf equally well.

As for good manufacturers, I can recommend Keppeler who make fantastically accurate ones as well as Keller und Simmann which are easier to adjust, but didn't prove as accurate as the former.

They don't make 'em like they used to

Don't tread on me

Nothing runs like a Deere
H
Hogeye Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Thank you. My gun is an inexpensive CZ combination gun, not a fine German or Austrian gun, so I will consider other options.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Make no mistake, the CZ guns are built very strong and some of them were also sold as double rifles. As far as I'm aware, the sidelock Super and the ZH were sold as double rifles as well. The problems mentioned mainly come up with Drillings and SxS combo guns because of the off-center forces.

They don't make 'em like they used to

Don't tread on me

Nothing runs like a Deere
H
Hogeye Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Thank you again. My gun is a model 584, chambered in 12 gauge over 7x57R. I think it was also made in .30-06, so it should be strong enough.

I found an importer of K&S, but they don't have 7x57R listed. I'll call them during the week and find out if they can order what I want.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hogeye
if a man in the USA had a 12/7x57R combination gun and wanted a 7x57R insert so he could shoot it as a double rifle, where would he go to buy it?

Here you go...

https://www.waffengebraucht.at/waff...ann-einstecklauf-7x57r-fuer-kal12--86625

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

H
Hogeye Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Thank you, that's just what I am looking for! I noticed the web site listed several CZ BBFs in the same model as mine, in various calibers. They are rare in the US, I think.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hogeye
Thank you, that's just what I am looking for! I noticed the web site listed several CZ BBFs in the same model as mine, in various calibers. They are rare in the US, I think.

wink

Here is a guy who can install it correctly.

http://learmsllc.com/

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
There is a guy down along the gulf cost (Biloxi MS, Mobile, or Louisiana - I can't remember) who has partnered with a guy in Germany to import European guns that otherwise would get destroyed or unused. He had some of these last time I looked at his website.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here lies a possibility if you are not too picky about matching parts:

http://links.hibid.com/u/click?_t=7...PWzwgwrUyox-9n3yDe0dL80kDaLYDFV_CV7pr_Lt

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
IC B3

Originally Posted by cotis
There is a guy down along the gulf cost (Biloxi MS, Mobile, or Louisiana - I can't remember) who has partnered with a guy in Germany to import European guns that otherwise would get destroyed or unused. He had some of these last time I looked at his website.

www.save-the-fine-guns.com

Or

www.german-gun-imports.com

They are good people. When I asked about getting an insert for one of the guns I bought from him he told me it was expensive to get it done right. He told me that if the gunsmith did not cut the barrel for the insert right, it would ruin the gun. I decided not to mess with it due to the cost to buy a full length insert and have it installed by a gunsmith that understood combination guns.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
That is the place I was thinking of - German Gun Imports in Mobile Alabama. Thanks for finding and posting it, it was driving me nuts not being able to remember it!

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
As far as I’m concerned K&S makes the best, and most expensive inserts. Zimmermann also makes nice ones. You need the type of inserts that adjusts externally at the muzzle. I had a cape gun in 16/8X57JR fitted with an 8X57JR insert. It shot well but was very muzzle heavy. I sold it and found a Valmet combo with 24” barrels. Then I just bought a set of factory double rifle barrels. Better choice.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

163 members (2ndwind, aaronward9, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 30 invisible), 1,933 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,493
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.