Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Bino harnesses are not popular around me in upstate NY. Went to visit my son in Wyoming. Hiking, shed hunting, prairie dog shooting. Just a lot of fun. After day one of carrying my binoculars around my neck I decided I needed a bino harness. Bought the AGC. Absolutely love it. I especially like the elastic pouch on the top. I take a lot of pictures with my phone and it's a great place to carry that as well.

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna
BP-B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Really like my AGC. Simple. Works.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We've got a few AGC and they have been first rate. I like using stuff made by Americans though when possible.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gear sure is not "one size or one style works for all".... I used the old crooked horn style for years. Finally decided I had to upgrade. After a week on a wilderness horseback hunt I learned these are not for me. BTW I used a AGC classic. I switched back to just another version of the Crooked horn style. I do want to try another harness that affords some optic protection but I want a minimalist foot print on my chest. What about the old S4 Gear Lockdown X? Is the KUIU the smallest/ slimmest on the market? The Cabela's Teck-Lite Binoculars Harness seems slim...I just don't want a huge wad of gadgets on my chest... just not for me

PASS IT ON!
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I have used them all from the first elastic type harnesses that stretch out hang down around your waste and drag in the dirt if your belly crawling, to some of the new designs the look and feel like your carrying a freaking tool box on your chest and make your shoulders sore. I have found that the Marsupial bino harness is the most streamlined and the magnet flap open/closure system is the easiest to operate without all the extra closures and straps. if you need to carry more [bleep] you can add extra pouches for ammo, range finder, etc. Give them a try they make a good product!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That's why I use Marsupial.....

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
For longer trips I really like the ACG which handles everything I need for the stalk and kill. It is a bit much for shorter trips though; the unneeded bulk is substantial if just tree-siting or working closer to a vehicle.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Rick Young!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For a minimalist setup, the Rick Young harness with neoprene cover is hard to beat.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Picked up a Kuiu. Should have done so sooner...

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
For a minimalist setup, the Rick Young harness with neoprene cover is hard to beat.

Jordan,
I've used a Rick Young shock cord harness for years and really like the minimalist approach. However, I'm taking an interest in the neoprene cover as that next little step for getting in and out of the truck and throwing them up on the dashboard or console. Is it handy enough to just store your bino's in them all the time, yet still be simple when you don them and go for a walk-about?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where do you find the neoprene covers? Thanks

PASS IT ON!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gsganzer
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Jordan,
I've used a Rick Young shock cord harness for years and really like the minimalist approach. However, I'm taking an interest in the neoprene cover as that next little step for getting in and out of the truck and throwing them up on the dashboard or console. Is it handy enough to just store your bino's in them all the time, yet still be simple when you don them and go for a walk-about?

Yep, they are plenty handy in use. My bino stays in the cover when I’m hunting, and is easily accessible.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by C_ROY
Where do you find the neoprene covers? Thanks

https://rickyoungoutdoors.com/neoprene-binocular-cover/

There’s also this for an even more minimalist option:

https://rickyoungoutdoors.com/ultra-light-bino-cover/

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I've had the AGC for a long time, works well.

Lately I've been using the Further Faster Designs on archery hunts, it carries my binos and hand gun for easy access even with a full pack on.

Kent

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I just received my Rick Young neoprene cover this week. Combined with the Rick Young shock cord harness and it's about as perfect as it gets.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Marsupial Brand users...

Do you think that any of the cases would work well for a Bible case when not in the field using binos?
I visit the convalescent and share the gospel more than carry binoculars. I need some kind of way to carry a large print Bible and keep the light rain off. It gets heavy after a while. The smaller pouches like the Joey just aren't quite big enough.

HC

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 06/14/21.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The Rick Young harness is fine as long as you're not worried about getting caught up while crossing fences or about a hundred other ways the stupid cord dangling off your back may become stuck in things. The Rick Young Harness is the Butt Out of bino harnesses.

Keep in mind who you are hearing the glowing reviews from here. One guy used two different bullets for hunting, switching out from long to short range. Ridiculous.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
not mentioned yet, but be sure to peek at FHF's lineup as well (made in the good ol' USA if that matters)

I've had mine for 4-5 seasons thus far and very happy with it. If you even carry a sidearm to the field, the Razco's holsters are purpose made to use with the FHF's harness (also made in the good ol' USA)

[Linked Image from imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtwarden
not mentioned yet, but be sure to peek at FHF's lineup as well (made in the good ol' USA if that matters)

Hopefully MeatEater continues that.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
774 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 12308300, 80 invisible), 3,064 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,715
Posts18,400,368
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.