Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I use a CTEK Multi 25000 on a 225amp, golf cart battery pack. It works very well. I can equalize the batteries in about 12 -16 hours.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
Originally Posted by logcutter
I sprung for a Noco Genius 10 amp smart charger for $79 on sale at Amazon...Great little charger with lithium and agm settings...

Jayco👍

+1

I have them several of them on all of my boat batteries, etc. to keep them in good shape. Work equally as well with lead acid and AGM, deep cycle and starting batteries.

Set it and forget it.

I've gone through three NOCO G26000 chargers. They would last a couple years and then just die. I also have a NOCO four bank which has been good and several of their smaller chargers which have been hit or miss, two are still working eight years later and two died after a couple years each. NOCO's spotty quality is what drove me to CTEK. My two CTEK units (I also have a Polar) have been completely reliable and the 25000 does a better job recovering abused batteries. I don't see myself go back to NOCO.

Good info. My NOCO's are getting to be about two years old, so maybe EOL for them. I'll look at CTEK if they die.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big fan of Schumacher's and picked up a couple more at a farm sale this spring.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got the big ones too, but the only time I've used those is with the quick start option on a completely drained battery and that can't be good for a battery. The handiest one that I have is the Stanley One Touch charger that has the 2 amp trickle, 6 amp automatic and the 8 amp battery boost with a QST quick start timer with led read out that counts down when the vehicle is ready to start. The charger comes with a split cord with the standard alligator clamps and a really handy cigarette lighter DC plug that lets you charge or boost up your battery through the cigarette lighter plug if they still have those in cars. That DC plug connection also fits the cord on the .2 amp trickle $30.00 charger at Walmart. Trickle charging is the best for the battery they tell me if you have the time.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
rem141r;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the weekend was a good one for you and all who matter to you are well.

At one point in my working life I managed a storage business where we stored boats, RV's, motorcycles, classic and exotic autos, so dealing with dead batteries was a common, for sure weekly and sometimes daily activity.

Thus it was we had multiple battery chargers and here's what I now know.

Some of the new "smart" chargers do not "recognize" a completely dead battery and will not begin to charge it without one either jumping the battery with a vehicle and booster cables or another battery. That was not always handy to say the least.

Some of the clients had "battery tenders" or "battery maintainers" which would charge, then discharge the battery a wee bit in order to maintain it at peak cranking amps. I was so impressed I bought one for my little diesel tractor which used to eat a battery every few years and never seemed to have enough juice in winter - stored inside but unheated. Since installing the battery tender - maybe $50 CDN unit?

Anyways, I'd make sure that the charger you're about to spend your money on does all you want it to, as the boss bought us two huge charger/booster units that had the "smart" capability and wouldn't do anything with a completely dead battery.

Hope that was useful to someone out there, good luck with your batteries one and all and all the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I've got a 2/5/10/50 Schumacher that's given me great service for 25 years, so when I decided to get one of those jump starter/power pack things & after comparing a bit, I decided Schumacher would be a good choice as well.

I am pleased with it as well. And, amp per amp, it cost little more than a Harbor Freight unit.

WM ain't always a bad place to find stuff.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 02bfishn, 63 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,225
Posts18,466,565
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.