Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
The Wildpeaks that we put on my wife's Toyota Tundra were made in Thailand. Junk total junk. Will never own another set of them. I damn sure wouldn't recommend them.
I will highly recommend the Cooper AT3 XLT'S though.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I replaced a set of BFG AT with the Falken Wildpeak on my Silverado. Have about 7000 miles on them now. I like them better than the BFGs. Quieter, ride is better, just as good in dirt/sand/light mud. My mpg average did go down about 1 mpg so far but I am not running the Falken with quite as much air pressure as the BFG.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I checked last night, mine were made in Thailand.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
M
I have 265/70R16 Wildpeak Faulkens on my 2000 PAthfinder 4x4. Great in the desert, on rocks and good on the road. Terrible in the snow. Gonna wear them out and replace with Nexen Roadian AT Pro8. Have had two sets on other vehicles and the performance greatly exceeds The Wildpeaks. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I ordered a set for the wife's F-150 and they just arrived. Manufactured 06/21 in Japan.
Yes, the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
These General Grabbers were the #1 tire as far as performance on Tire Rack .com. They had a rebate so I got a decent price on them.
I would not get them again. Seem a bit noisy, not the best in the snow, and the mileage went down. They were a 8itch to balance, I had to have that done twice, and they are looking to wear goofy and kinda fast. So so much for good ratings. Forgot to say they are on a newer 4Runner.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Terryk; 08/31/21.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Michelin are good tires of course.........

They just don't build anything suited for my use

Hwy or mild hwy AT....need more than that.....

I'm in the dirt & rocks......

Actually,

that pic, you could easily get by with a set of street Michelin's.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by duckster
I replaced a set of BFG AT with the Falken Wildpeak on my Silverado. Have about 7000 miles on them now. I like them better than the BFGs. Quieter, ride is better, just as good in dirt/sand/light mud. My mpg average did go down about 1 mpg so far but I am not running the Falken with quite as much air pressure as the BFG.

Most anything are a decent replacement of the new BFG's.

Check out the stuff made for Discount Tire by other manufactures. It's usually pretty good, for less$.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I recently got a set of the Mastercraft CXT's on my truck. They are a fairly aggressive tire, more MT than AT BUT the beautiful part about them is they are almost dead quiet on my 3500 and seem to be holding up really well since all I mostly do with that truck is pull a trailer of some sort. They have been excellent in mud and wet grass, they are siped and handle wet roads real well. I'll find out how they are in snow and ice soon, but I am thinking they'll be good. Mastercraft is a budget Cooper brand I believe as well, so their price is quite a bit better than a Toyo or Cooper tire. I like them so much on my truck I ordered another set for my Rubicon. I cannot wait to replace the Mickey Thompsons that are on it, they have been the worst tire in just about every condition I just mentioned. Anyhow, just wanted to throw out another idea for reasonable tires that seem to be a solid truck tire.

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by beretzs
I recently got a set of the Mastercraft CXT's on my truck. They are a fairly aggressive tire, more MT than AT BUT the beautiful part about them is they are almost dead quiet on my 3500 and seem to be holding up really well since all I mostly do with that truck is pull a trailer of some sort. They have been excellent in mud and wet grass, they are siped and handle wet roads real well. I'll find out how they are in snow and ice soon, but I am thinking they'll be good. Mastercraft is a budget Cooper brand I believe as well, so their price is quite a bit better than a Toyo or Cooper tire. I like them so much on my truck I ordered another set for my Rubicon. I cannot wait to replace the Mickey Thompsons that are on it, they have been the worst tire in just about every condition I just mentioned. Anyhow, just wanted to throw out another idea for reasonable tires that seem to be a solid truck tire.

I was thinking of getting Mickey Thompsons, which of those tires do you have that you don't like?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
For those who didn’t know, Mickey Thompson, Dick Cepek, Mastercraft, Kelly, Fierce, Avon, Hercules, Ironman, Eldorado, Cooper, Dunlop, Goodyear are all under the same corporate umbrella. Goodyear boycotters be warned…..

Nitto, Toyo same company.

BFG, Uniroyal, Michelin same company.

Bridgestone, Firestone, Dayton, Fuzion company.

it doesn’t mean that all of the tires under the same company are of the same quality, but it is interesting to see who owns what. Typically they go good, better, best. For example, Mastercraft<Cooper<Goodyear, at least insofar as their marketing strategy is concerned.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

I was thinking of getting Mickey Thompsons, which of those tires do you have that you don't like?

https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/light-truck-tires/baja-atz-p3

Those are the ones I have right now. They have lasted well mileage wise, but all else has been crap. It is what the Jeep came with when I bought it, and they looked real good, but they're loud, horrible in water, stink in snow. I have tried everything under the sun to alter tire pressure, ect, but nothing has really made them good. It's too bad since it looks like a great tire. Maybe I just got a crap set but I'd never take another chance on them.

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Terryk
These General Grabbers were the #1 tire as far as performance on Tire Rack .com. They had a rebate so I got a decent price on them.
I would not get them again. Seem a bit noisy, not the best in the snow, and the mileage went down. They were a 8itch to balance, I had to have that done twice, and they are looking to wear goofy and kinda fast. So so much for good ratings. Forgot to say they are on a newer 4Runner.

Well that's disappointing. I've been hearing great things about those tires.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/light-truck-tires/baja-atz-p3

Those are the ones I have right now. They have lasted well mileage wise, but all else has been crap. It is what the Jeep came with when I bought it, and they looked real good, but they're loud, horrible in water, stink in snow. I have tried everything under the sun to alter tire pressure, ect, but nothing has really made them good. It's too bad since it looks like a great tire. Maybe I just got a crap set but I'd never take another chance on them.

Interesting. That is one of the tires I was interested in, but I wonder if Mickey Thompson is quitting them. They don't have many options on their website for that tire currently.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’d give them away if I were given a set.

Semper Fi
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I just put my second set on a 1500 Ram. First set went 59,000 miles and still had quite a few miles left to go. In reality I should have run them awhile longer but the dealer gave me a little cash for the takeoffs.

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Three months into my WildPeak tires and can't say enough good about them. Very pleased.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BKinSD
Three months into my WildPeak tires and can't say enough good about them. Very pleased.

I feel the same way, had mine put on in June. Mine are on a ram 2500 and I use it a lot in the winter plowing snow, I have a 8 1/2' vplow that weighs just under 1000lbs. I was referred to these by a guy that has several 2500-3500 rams for winter plowing. I had goodyear duragrip and they were ok, not great and tread wore out at 8500 miles with every 4 months rotation. All I run is the 10 ply

Last edited by DANNYL; 09/17/21.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I just had a set of the AT3W installed on my F150 this morning. Guess we’ll see how they do this winter. Can’t be worse than the Toyo’s that were just removed.

Oh, 2 made in USA, 2 from Thailand. 🤨 Look identical.

Last edited by Slim_Jenkins; 10/02/21.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If I bought a set of four tires, I would expect that they all came from the same factory with the same date code.

Last edited by K1500; 10/02/21.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 117LBS, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 2,565 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,164
Posts18,465,252
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.