Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Golden Corral. sick

This too! The Golden Corral in Yuma is nastafied

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good friend back in nc, he’d host these spontaneous cookouts. Great guy, great food. It’s just that the re-purposed chicken house fan crusted in chit n feathers blowing across the table of open food, and the time buddy dropped the frier lid in the dung-n-dirt of the tool shed lean too we cooked under ( he DID wipe it off with his filthy sweaty t-shirt though, c’mon...) - that was more than the gf could stomach. Me, too stubborn, plus buddy cooks up some mean fried chicken.

Got chits a time or three. Kept comin’ back tho. Friend is a friend - fug yer tummy troubles!

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back in the 70's... Fox's floating bar on the Colorado river near Parker AZ. I was in my teens I ordered some fries and when the cook put my basket of fries up on the counter for me, cockroaches, big ones, came out of nowhere, made a mad dash for my fries and dove in I let them have it... And this was in broad daylight!

Coyotes shot no waiting.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I do remember a green hot dog at Seattle International Raceway. Didn't eat it, of course. The breakfasts at Westwood were epic.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Some places you wipe your feet when you enter.
Some places you wipe your feet when you leave.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by greydog
If I remember right, it was a place in eastern Arkansas. It was a converted garage and the floor still wore the evidence of every oil change done on it. The cook was a rough looking old woman with a serious tooth shortage which had not, however, prevented her from getting enough calories. We stopped for breakfast around mid-morning. We ordered eggs an bacon and while she was cooking our breakfasts she was also cooking a hamburger for another patron. The thing I remember most was the way she held the hamburger bun under her arm while she was flipping the eggs and the burger. I was really glad I had not ordered the burger. GD

lol! A talented wordsmith you are, sir. Wonderful imagery. Thanks for that. As to the question, I admit to being very particular about cleanliness in eateries. I don't balk or blink @ crappy decor, broken furniture or hand-scrawled menus. I've had some of my very best meals at shytty roadside carts, broken-down shacks and places packed with menacing looking gangsters with awful music pumping in the background, from Tokyo to Manila and Tijuana to Nairobi. What I won't stand for or patronize is a place that's dirty. Messy is OK. Only exceptions are when I'm completely hammered. The massive alcohol content in my gut will kill any bugs or pathogens ingested, I figure...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jack in the box.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Last time I went to the local Applebee's, and I mean the LAST time, the restroom was so filthy, my shoes stuck to the floor at the urinal.
Won't be back. I guess the trendy millennials working there feel that slinging a mop is beneath them.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
_
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
_
Al qaim

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I cant recall exactly but we were on an FFA trip in high school back in the late 70s to the Agricultural College at Ohio State. I think it was some cafeteria on campus but the place was pretty nasty on it own then one guy pointed out the cockroach swimming in the gravy of one of the pans they were serving out of. It was pretty shocking to us as our school cafeteria was run by farm moms and was spotless. Pretty good food for school food back then.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No idea of the worst.
Spent years long haul trucking.
That means you often eat wherever you find a place to park and have time.

There was place off I-81 around the 100 mile marker. Burgertown, I think.
Dirt lot, phone booth type vestibule, floor as dirty as lot, door missing.
Sat at benches, place looked like not much had happened in the upkeep
in decades.

Was a frequent stop for LTL drivers. Those guys run routes, and know the
good places. It was!

Waffle House near Roanoke Rapids is memorable.
But, the cook was just sloppy. The food all over the kitchen was
fresh. No biggie.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Any place that served food in Quartzsite, Arizona.

Kevin
NRA Lifetime Member
Retired, Fulltime RV'er
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
a chinese joint in charlottesville va . we went in for lunch ,my buddy went to the restroom and i killed 19 cock roaches while he was gone. yes 19 of those 2" roaches. we left in a hurry.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Used to be a place in town called Joe's. They would put most anything that could be fried in a sandwich. I was working for the phone company and a bunch of guys used to eat there because it was good, cheap and quick. Everything in there looked clean and shinny.. One of the installation and repair guys went in there to work on the phone and found about a pound of roaches in the phone. He said that there were mice bogged down in the grease on top of the air ducts over the stoves. Funny it didn't stop anyone form eating lunch there. They had the best burger you ever tasted.

Harry
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
No idea of the worst.
Spent years long haul trucking.
That means you often eat wherever you find a place to park and have time.

There was place off I-81 around the 100 mile marker. Burgertown, I think.
Dirt lot, phone booth type vestibule, floor as dirty as lot, door missing.
Sat at benches, place looked like not much had happened in the upkeep
in decades.

Was a frequent stop for LTL drivers. Those guys run routes, and know the
good places. It was!

Waffle House near Roanoke Rapids is memorable.
But, the cook was just sloppy. The food all over the kitchen was
fresh. No biggie.

Ha! I've partaken of the cuisine in that Roanoke Rapids WH, I didn't think it was much worse than any of the others I've been inside. Maybe they were having an above average day.

I worked eastern NC, everything east of I 95 and occasionally as far west as Hickory. 40 yrs of breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner on the road. At least the territory was small enough that I learned the places to avoid.
Some of the best food came from the worst looking places. I'd rather eat in an old service station than a nasty Micky D's staffed by nasty groid types.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I never have dined in a place that was filthy. Even from a young age I would simply walk out if the conditions in whatever place that served/sold food did not at least appear sanitary.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
The village Chieftains grass thatch hut in the jungles of Borneo, everything in there smelled like piss, poop and fermenting rice beer, it was hideous.

Trump Won!
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Some un-named village in the middle of an "upper-stan" at an elder's house. Our host (the elder) literally entered the dimly lit (by a small light bulb, scotch taped to a lamp cord) room with bread in his hands, under each arm and, yes, one in his mouth and deposited it on the floor. He smelled like a bum's nut sack and had the breath of a diarrhea filled diaper. He ensured we each got a share by personally tearing up the bread and passing it out. Later, we had "bugger tea" but that's another story. Like Col. Trotman said, "trained to eat [bleep] that would make a Billy goat puke".

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KFC Yakima Washington. A chicken franchise on an Indian reservation, what could go wrong?

LOL
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,861
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.