Print Thread
Hop To
M
MMM Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Hello, a week ago my High Wall came in that I ordered in January. I really like the rifle and I think I will have a lot of fun with it, just have a couple of questions.

Are the two holes in the tang ready for a tang sight installation? Or do additional holes need to be drilled? There is a larger screw down lower on the tang, and a much smaller screw closer to the breech. They are about 2.15” apart by my caliper. I need to get a good tang sight, would prefer MVA if they will fit.

Can anyone recommend someone who may specialize in trigger work on these? The trigger is holding this thing back. It’s a single set, and unset, it seems like it’s about 40#. With the trigger set, man the thing goes off when you look at it, it is unsafe. You are supposed to be able to adjust it with the little screw. I have backed it out as far as I dare and it’s no better. It’s a shame, with the right set trigger this would be one sweet rifle.

There is not much BPCR activity around here, as far as I can tell, and most forums about BPCR seem to be on life support, this forum seems to be as active as any one around. I am pretty much starting from zero.

Any comments/suggestions appreciated.

Thanks, namsag.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lee Shaver is the Pedersoli US service smith. Might contact him to see about sending it to him to have the trigger worked on, just to try and keep the thing warranted.
Real gunsmiths like Steve Baldwin, and Eron Ahmer would be good bets as well. With Baldwin being closer to you in Oklahoma than Ahmer in Colorado.

Yes MVA bases will fit the factory drilled holes, and they will include the metric threaded screws.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
M
MMM Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Thanks, I called Lee this afternoon, I am sending it in for trigger work and his sights, gonna be sweet!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

197 members (12344mag, 300jimmy, 2UP, 163bc, 257 mag, 007FJ, 21 invisible), 1,840 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,277
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.