Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Thank goodness.

Don’t know if it will be any good, or not, but gotta be better than what has happened the last 4 months.

One month of “flashbacks” would have been fine, but the “old Rush clips” has gone on too long.

Some of us took a lot of crap for saying so, back in March/April. Just amazed me that Rush knew he was dying for quite some time, and they really hadn’t sorted out how to handle things, expeditiously, when that day came.

Like I said months ago, I don’t mind “paying respects”, to the funeral procession (one month of review), but 4/5 months was akin to the procession circling the block, over and over...

RIP Rush, and good luck to Buck and Clay.

BP-B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Just like everything else in life, change is the only thing we can count on. If they have half the influence Rush did, they will be rock stars on the Right.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by shaman
Anything is better than what's on now.

I loved Rush as much as anyone. It was like losing a family member when Rush announced his cancer.

However, I turned on the show one day and hear his wife delivering a eulogy, and that was all I needed. From there on out the show has continued to go down hill.

The format is unprecedented: 3 hours of airing clips from a dead radio commentator? That goes past creepy.

I wish Buck and Clay all the best. I'll tune in and give them a chance.

Thank you. I heard that show, Limbaugh's widow was on, talking about how great Rush was, and then she took a call from a female listener, who spoke about how great Rush was. Give me a break! He is not a deity, and he is dead, it is time to move on!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by hatari
I didn't mind hearing archieved Rush for a short spell. Problem is that Rush was timely with his topics and much of his show was current events. Can't do that archived.

New guys? I'll give a listen. I don't know either of them.

Which Neal Bortz could have taken that time spot, but Neal is retired.

Boortz was a great talk show host. I am from Atlanta and I knew Neal when in the old days when he was on am 640. Neal retired about 8 years ago. At that time he was on 320 stations across the country. His replacement Herman Cain, was the occasional fill in for Neal when he went on vacation. Herman was good in that role.
However, Herman Cain got in over his head as the full time replacement. After a year, he was down to a hundred stations. In 18 months, he was down to 5 syndicated stations. Then he was down to just one hour a day, 11 am until noon. And then, just 20 months after Neal retired, Herman Cain was gone, his talk show career in ruins.

A good lesson for those who might try to replace Limbaugh.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I guess I’m out of the talk show loop. Never heard of either guy.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Clay Travis I can't stand. Buck isn't all that good either.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Paul Harvey was superb. He died and many grieved and lamented that nobody could fill his shoes. Then Rush came along. He didn't try filling Paul Harvey's shoes but did his own thing. He too was superb. Whoever comes along a strikes a cord with the very day American will start his own legacy. If these guys can do that they'll be okay. If they try filling anyone's shoes it will make them seem like imitators.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Paul Harvey was superb. He died and many grieved and lamented that nobody could fill his shoes. Then Rush came along. He didn't try filling Paul Harvey's shoes but did his own thing. He too was superb. Whoever comes along a strikes a cord with the very day American will start his own legacy. If these guys can do that they'll be okay. If they try filling anyone's shoes it will make them seem like imitators.

I always enjoyed listening to Paul Harvey.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not too smart to claim to replace Rush... won't be done. Best try to come up with another person and show and pray it does a fraction as well as Rush.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Should have been Jason Lewis. Much better than Buck Sexton.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buck I can listen to, never heard clay.

When's this supposed to happen? I would have liked bongino better but not my call.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Link says 6-21

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks rotr, missed that.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Thanks rotr, missed that.

Welcome wasn't poking you just pointing out where it came from because I didn't know either

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No matter how good these guys are or will be, they will never compare to Rush, nobody can, but as long as they stay "Trump conservative" meaning America First Politics, then I will support them as I can🤷‍♂️

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Finding out who Paul Harvey was over the years took a lot of the shine off him for me. He was entertaining with his sing song broadcasts but his likes and beliefs were totally different from mine. He was a tree hugging animal worshiping gun grabber. He just loved Jimmy Carter and was a liberal.

Limbaugh was refreshing. I didn't agree with everything he said but he was always entertaining and had good insight as to what I believe. I loved how he shuffled the paper going through his "stack of stuff" a lot more if someone complained. He lifted up a lot of people along his way to becoming America's Greatest Anchorman. I was grateful to hear Kathryn, his wife after his death. I have a lot of empathy for her for I know from past experience what she must have gone through. Knowing what he himself went through and still kept his program on the air never complaining over the years was Phenomenal. He did his syndicated show for a long while being totally deaf.

It is sad to hear Dan Bongino take his place on WBAP but that's their call. I don't think anyone can take his place but I did like Mark Steyn a lot. I enjoyed hearing Walter Williams when he guested his show years ago. I liked Shaun Hannity years ago but if you've heard fifteen minutes of him you've heard a lifetime of him. His penchant for kowtowing to liberals put me off. I don't mind hearing Rush's remarks over again as they certainly are just as valid now as they were when he made them.

One thing is for sure, when he started he was The Only Voice in the Wilderness for Conservatives. He fathered a new movement that will not be destroyed because he spoke truth to government and politics. There is an Army of conservative talk show hosts now on air to carry on and that's his greatest legacy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rush had enormous talent but did decent conservative folks a disservice by not confronting the real issues and just being a sock puppet for whatever Conservative, Inc. cared about that day. Even after tens of millions of dollars in the bank, he could not, would not, speak to the significant & existential issues facing his listeners. He became a distraction, a balm to soothe majority white America as our children's future was murdered.

As for his replacements, they are just typical bug men of no consequence and lesser talent.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buck Sexton is a 39 year old former CIA officer. He's good. He's not Rush. Rush was indeed a rare talent. Buck is good though, and he'll only get better with time in his new role. It does seem to be a smart move to avoid trying the replicate Rush, and going a different route instead.

I try to give new hosts time before I write them off. John Walton was replaced by Kenny. I didn't like Kenny at first, but he has really grown on me. Give the new folks a good test drive.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Finally! I was worried I'd have to actually start thinking for myself rather than have someone else tell me what to think.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Someone is making a huge mistake not putting Mark Steyn in this spot. I don't know why he seems to have been shoved aside. Maybe he doesn't want it. Maybe Rush's widow is afraid he would outshine Rush. He has a real grasp of the issues and how we got here. But what I love about him is the way he points out the lefts fallacies and mocks them mercilessly.
Mark Levin would be another excellent choice as one who would give the left no quarter.
As it is now when the Rush show comes on with the constant going back to Rush I change the channel.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
818 members (06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 77 invisible), 3,246 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,713
Posts18,400,305
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.