Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Now preparing a personal effort to get to get clear understanding of actual effects and outcomes of the Covid 19 mess we all have been through. Willing to do some work here, but do not want to spin wheels dealing with poor data.

If anyone here knows of dependable sources of clean and accurate data on overall US death rates for individual years (and maybe months) for 2018, 2019, 2020 and so far in 2021, I will appreciate your providing the contact info. Reliable state by state sources could be helpful as well.

Thanks for your attention to this.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Good luck with this effort, lots of us very interested in the real numbers.

Curious how "other" death rates have changed, which is probably the key to why the numbers are inflated. I am sure things like the flu have been reduced due to social distancing, but I think flu deaths may not have reduced much as the folks that die from the flu may not change much as they probably usually stayed at home before the Covid measures.

Allen

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You’re on a unicorn hunt.
With the intentional over-reporting of cases and deaths both directly and indirectly there’s no way to know.
Anyone digging too deeply is liable to commit suicide by 3-4 gunshots to the back of the head.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paul,

There's been so much intentional obfuscation that I'd be surprised if you can even find a source for accurate data.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you may as well do a study on the number of actual votes Hiding Biden got.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Zero covid deaths

Prove me wrong

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
You’re on a unicorn hunt.
With the intentional over-reporting of cases and deaths both directly and indirectly there’s no way to know.
Anyone digging too deeply is liable to commit suicide by 3-4 gunshots to the back of the head.

Lol....Funny but true. I think most sources of clean and complete data have been tainted at the source. The hospitals, clinics, etc have tainted the data by their false reporting of “Covid related”, that alone is reason to not trust a damn thing they say.

If I come across any data that seems remotely trustworthy I’ll pass it along. I think it’s a noble undertaking trying to assemble true and accurate data but hopefully it’s not an exercise in futility. In any case I believe that Paul is not only a very intelligent man but I also believe that he is intellectually honest so I’d be interested in his findings.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think he's looking for covid-specific numbers, just the overall rate to see if it actually rose measurably over the last year. Even if they classified basically every death as a covid death, if the overall death rate didn't really change, that would tell you something.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I believe you need to look at the "Excess" death rate (change in typical number of deaths year/year) and make sure it's adjusted for any population change. I did this early on with Italy's numbers, when Europe was in the grips of Covid, 1+ years ago. At the time, I believe the numbers showed a spike in deaths that was significantly above the previous years average. But even that could be interpreted as slanted.

It's difficult finding accurate and unbiased data (biased by either the believers or non-believers). It might be that flu deaths decreased, but that decrease may have been due to the mitigating measures taken to slow Covid (social distancing, masks, etc.). One side might say that flu deaths were actually lower because they were instead classified as Covid, when that might not actually be the correct reason. Like most things today, each group only tells the data and info that supports their side. Usually, reality lies somewhere in the middle.

I'd be interested in what you find and I hope you provide factual numbers without any slant.

Last edited by gsganzer; 05/28/21.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you look at the covid swabs they could not find the covid 19 virus even though the swabs tested positive for covid 9. They did find influenza A & B virus on the swabs.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Between January 2020 and December 2020, how many people died in the United States?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They'll never be able to accept the truth.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Do not use CDC data- it is corrupted, beyond all recall.

I think the best way is to run your own statistics.

Find the percentages by using the total US population, and the total reported deaths for each year. If there is a significant boost in the covid years in the % then that is the likely cause. An aging (more susceptible)population would contribute, so you might want to run those percentages also yto see how that lies.

It is still just a flu, and not a very deadly one at that, more so for the aged and unhealthy.

last I checked, in Alaska (some time ago) , the death rate was .4 % or 4 out of a thousand REPORTED CASES, not even the total population.

IIRC- I may not.

I just don't care anymore.

Last edited by las; 05/28/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CCCC
Now preparing a personal effort to get to get clear understanding of actual effects and outcomes of the Covid 19 mess we all have been through. Willing to do some work here, but do not want to spin wheels dealing with poor data.

If anyone here knows of dependable sources of clean and accurate data on overall US death rates for individual years (and maybe months) for 2018, 2019, 2020 and so far in 2021, I will appreciate your providing the contact info. Reliable state by state sources could be helpful as well.

I seriously doubt that honest, unmanipulated data exists. Everyone has an agenda.

Sam......

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You might want to check out a book written by talk show host Steve Deace and his co-host Todd Erzen called, "Faucian Bargain". I haven't read it myself, but semi-regularly listen to his show on The Blaze and he has been at the forefront of exposing the "Scamdemic". He's a numbers/ data-driven guy and I would guess the book has a lot in it of interest to you.

Last edited by bhemry; 05/28/21.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Please stop.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
68.55% died from This, 31% died from That, and the remaining .45% died from the Other.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For the folks that know these sort of things. Will the U.S. death rate and numbers be expected to spike upward in the next several years regardless of new diseases or the lack thereof? The baby boom was in full swing for about 15 years I would guess. People born in 1946 are now turning 75 and there's a bunch more following right behind. Me included, I'm 68. It seems that since we were probably the most numerous generation ever that we would influence the numbers both the percentage and actual count. As has been noted many times in this (fake) pandemic, old people are bad about dying.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by CCCC

Here you go.

[Linked Image from uctoday.com]

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 12 invisible), 1,347 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,241
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.