Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by raghorn
I’ve had covid and so has my entire family
I’ve also chosen to get the vaccine for the main reason that I’m no longer considered to be a contact and if exposed no longer asked to quarantine
I do wear a mask if I go into a business that requires it otherwise I don’t
Ive got news for you sickness and disease will haunt ALL of us until we die.
Nobody is gonna make it out alive.
I don’t think the corona virus vaccine is what’s gonna do me in though

Enough said.

The princess of Karen's!

Not against vaccines, researched them before allow our kids to get them.
If this was an established vac, I'd be in.

It ain't. It's new medicine. Look into past early stage testing on this
type of.....medicine. It's been awful rocky, hasn't produced a whole
lot of success. Until now.
It's making billion$. That's success!

For some, the risk of covid makes the shot a reasonable decision.

For women, men of small stature, and perpetual scaredy cats,
I guess the vac might ease their fragile little heads.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You gals are a hoot !

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’ve been in healthcare since the late 80’s and requiring vaccines as a condition of employment has been around for a long time.
That’s nothing new.
You guys do realize that yes you can refuse
However the company also has the right to require it
What you don’t have is the right to work for the company
Either meet their requirements or move on
It’s that simple

I spent my professional life in healthcare and in general......you’re wrong. A company cannot make a policy that violates the law.

A company does not enjoy “rights”, at least not by the accurate definition of “rights”. The individual has “rights” and those rights generally trump company policy. While a company can institute policies those policies can’t ignore the law. Just because a company gets away with violations on a daily basis that doesn’t mean that their policies are legal. Those policies are only “good” until they’ve been adjudicated in court. Getting away with something doesn’t mean it’s lawful. 😉

If you don’t think a company can and does have conditions of employment then you are mistaken
This can include vaccines to perform certain job duties
If your professional life in healthcare why don’t you explain how it violates the “law” or someone’s “rights” to require them to have a vaccine before providing direct patient care , or say a CDL to drive a truck
Many companies have certain requirements to fulfill certain job duties
If a individual chooses not to meet those job requirements that is there choice or right or whatever you choose to call it and they can move along

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As I’ve already said I’m not here to push a vax or condemn it
I’m here to call bullshit on the original poster who claims there are dead people everywhere from getting the vaccine and a private company is the same as nazis for requiring a vaccine
Here in AK there are approx 300k that have been vaccinated so far
How many have died from taking the vax?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

The families of 600,000 dead Americans are probably wondering how they came up with that cause of death. 2018, 2019, and 2020 have remarkably similar numbers of dead people according to the CDC. So Covid cured a bunch of diseases.

Per a thread in the Campfire, according to the CDC, overall mortality rate rose approximately 15% year over year 2019 to 2020. From about .7% to .8%. About 300,000 additional deaths. So if 600,000 died from Covid, then Covid itself must have stopped approximately 300,000 from dying of something else.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As I’ve already said I’m not here to push a vax or condemn it
I’m here to call bullshit on the original poster who claims there are dead people everywhere from getting the vaccine and a private company is the same as nazis for requiring a vaccine
Here in AK there are approx 300k that have been vaccinated so far
How many have died from taking the vax?
Having previously served I received so many vaccines and injections my arm felt like a pin cushion so real vaccines are required if you're in the military. Please explain to us that if this is considered a real vaccine, why the military isn't required to get it?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Do people really believe that tbe FDA and pharma take so long to get a drug to market because of extensive testing and utmost care as to not adversely impact a population through harmful side effects or death? That is crazy thought/talk. The real reason is the cumbersome beaurocracy and vast amounts of money it takes to get a drug to market. I thought the foil hat folks would realize this.....

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by BCJR
Do people really believe that tbe FDA and pharma take so long to get a drug to market because of extensive testing and utmost care as to not adversely impact a population through harmful side effects or death? That is crazy thought/talk. The real reason is the cumbersome beaurocracy and vast amounts of money it takes to get a drug to market. I thought the foil hat folks would realize this.....

Good points, but you are forgetting about the lawyers and the billions Pharma will have to pay out in class action suits when it is found that their "wonder drug" has harmful side effects or kills people. That is another major reason why they are generally slow to roll out new meds. We live in the most litigious society in the world, and it slows down everything, from small businesses to airplane manufacturers to Big Pharma for fear of being sued and losing profit or going bankrupt.

An unashamed bitter/clinger/deplorable
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by sayak
Originally Posted by BCJR

Good points, but you are forgetting about the lawyers and the billions Pharma will have to pay out in class action suits when it is found that their "wonder drug" has harmful side effects or kills people. That is another major reason why they are generally slow to roll out new meds. We live in the most litigious society in the world, and it slows down everything, from small businesses to airplane manufacturers to Big Pharma for fear of being sued and losing profit or going bankrupt.

Definitely

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Raghorn
You say you "went to med school". Did you complete it and are a currently practicing physician?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mike, I believe Raghorn is an RN, and it was Jdollar who said he went to med school

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Oops!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Need a damn scorecard.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Back to the topic:

Watch the Methodist hospital lawsuit in TX.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have no clue as to what the military thinks related to covid and or the vaccines related to it ?

I’d wager that if they do decide to give it to active duty they won’t ask permission

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
No dog in this fight. I don't care. Just want to point out some things.

I'm not a lawyer so I don't know the intricacies of "at will employment." But requiring a vaccine for health care providers passes the whiff test and the test of time/precedents- patient safety is the key factor. Yes, one can decline for religious purposes, but that's really about it.

Vaccines don't work via isolation - they are not a big condom which prevents you from getting a disease. Vaccines are "sensitizers" which through exposure of an offending agent will build up your body's immune system to be able to combat the disease. It is not a drug or antibiotic, it is your immune system which does the work, not the vaccine. So if the vaccine works through mRNA or a denatured protein (as in the past) it is still a vaccine or sensitizer irrespective of the agent used.

Similarly, it is incorrect to say "the vaccine did not work" if you get the disease after the vaccine. Rather, for whatever reason, your body's immune system was overwhelmed despite being sensitized. So, even if you have been exposed naturally, if one is so inclined, then receiving the vaccine would act like a "booster."

The reason why the mRNA vaccines have been brought to market is simple- advancements in molecular biology, plain and simple. 30 years ago transplants were in their infancy, now they're common all due to advancements in molecular biology. Hell, cops only went on fingerprints and blood types- just watch the old B&W Perry Mason's vs today's CSIs. Now it's all about DNA.

While the majority of people who get COVID are fine, if you have to go to the hospital and you need to get on a ventilator, your [bleep]. After several weeks on a ventilator you will probably drop one or both lungs requiring chest tubes and you'll probably die a few weeks later.

Me- I never believed in the flu shot and didn't get them until I became a diabetic (nearly dying from DKA kinda opened my eyes). Now I get one every year. In addition to diabetes, heart disease, sleep apnea and my age check all the boxes for significant COVID complications. I got the vaccine as did my youngest (overweight) son. My wife did not.

YMMV, but after seeing what I've seen, I don't want to get it. If wearing a mask (which I do despite the requirement being lifted) and getting a vaccine will diminish my chances, cool.

PS Again, if you do get it and need to be hospitalized, do yourself a favor and say NO intubation as a medical directive. You'll die quicker without being paralyzed for weeks in the ICU with chest tubes, etc.

Last edited by Tony_Soprano; 06/01/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have no clue as to what the military thinks related to covid and or the vaccines related to it ?

I’d wager that if they do decide to give it to active duty they won’t ask permission
Members of the military aren't required to get the vaccine but if they want it they can get it, same with DOD civilians.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

Members of the military aren't required to get the vaccine but if they want it they can get it, same with DOD civilians.

I'm sure they will change it. I was forced to get the anthrax series back in the mid 90's or get discharged. Look who is in charge.

Last edited by Joel/AK; 06/01/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano
No dog in this fight. I don't care. Just want to point out some things.

I'm not a lawyer so I don't know the intricacies of "at will employment." But requiring a vaccine for health care providers passes the whiff test and the test of time/precedents- patient safety is the key factor. Yes, one can decline for religious purposes, but that's really about it.

Vaccines don't work via isolation - they are not a big condom which prevents you from getting a disease. Vaccines are "sensitizers" which through exposure of an offending agent will build up your body's immune system to be able to combat the disease. It is not a drug or antibiotic, it is your immune system which does the work, not the vaccine. So if the vaccine works through mRNA or a denatured protein (as in the past) it is still a vaccine or sensitizer irrespective of the agent used.

Similarly, it is incorrect to say "the vaccine did not work" if you get the disease after the vaccine. Rather, for whatever reason, your body's immune system was overwhelmed despite being sensitized. So, even if you have been exposed naturally, if one is so inclined, then receiving the vaccine would act like a "booster."

The reason why the mRNA vaccines have been brought to market is simple- advancements in molecular biology, plain and simple. 30 years ago transplants were in their infancy, now they're common all due to advancements in molecular biology. Hell, cops only went on fingerprints and blood types- just watch the old B&W Perry Mason's vs today's CSIs. Now it's all about DNA.

While the majority of people who get COVID are fine, if you have to go to the hospital and you need to get on a ventilator, your [bleep]. After several weeks on a ventilator you will probably drop one or both lungs requiring chest tubes and you'll probably die a few weeks later.

Me- I never believed in the flu shot and didn't get them until I became a diabetic (nearly dying from DKA kinda opened my eyes). Now I get one every year. In addition to diabetes, heart disease, sleep apnea and my age check all the boxes for significant COVID complications. I got the vaccine as did my youngest (overweight0 son. My wife did not.

YMMV, but after seeing what I've seen, I don't want to get it. If wearing a mask (which I do despite the requirement being lifted) and getting a vaccine will diminish my chances, cool.

PS Again, if you do get it and need to be hospitalized, do yourself a favor and say NO intubation as a medical directive You'll die quicker without being paralyzed for weeks in the ICU with chest tubes, etc.

Finally someone who has some good old common sense!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

I'm sure they will change it. I was forced to get the anthrax series back in the mid 90's or get discharged. Look who is in charge.

That’s kinda what I expect too but who knows with the leaders we have now !

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 808outdoors, Akpilot, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 8 invisible), 1,182 guests, and 755 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,119
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.