Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Friday night my family and I traveled about 100 miles to attend a tent revival in a neighbouring town to support the pastor and his church there. My daughters sang there on Thursday night. The tent was staked down well, and the service started and there was prayer and singing, and the first preacher started preaching on the Preeminence of Christ from Colossians 1:18 -- that in ALL things he might have the preeminence. It was a great message!

And then the Lord added his punctuation.

About half way through the first point, the temperature outside (we were in a tent, don't forget) dropped about 5-10 degrees in as many minutes, the wind picked up, and the Lord put on a light show with thunder like you wouldn't have believed. Lightning was flashing all around; thunder was crashing so close you could feel it in your guts; the lights on the platform died; and the preacher kept preaching. He never missed a beat. Either the devil was trying to distract folks, or the Lord was showing that he was working, not in the rain, nor in the wind, nor in the the lightning or thunder, but in the still small voice . . . at the front of the tent. It was a real blessing. The only mention of the storm was when the preacher said, "I'm glad I'm in here and not out there." He preached for about 40 minutes, and the Lord Jesus Christ was exalted in every word.

The second preacher didn't have the light show to contend with, but he made some thunder of his own with a message on "Jesus - Man Above All Men!" It was a blessing.

When we got home a couple hours after the meeting ended (near midnight) our town was in a black out, so I got to use my Y2K generator to power up the house so we could get ready for bed. All in all a real good evening.

And Christ IS preeminent! wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Amen!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
yes He is and what a wonderful saviour i might add..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just poking around

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 29 invisible), 1,485 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,321
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.