It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
Zero issues with Chase for many, many years.

Try putting a couple K cash in your account: they’ll charge you a 1 to 2% “fee” for the privilege, depending on location.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by EdM

Try putting a couple K cash in your account: they’ll charge you a 1 to 2% “fee” for the privilege, depending on location.

i have been moving five figure amts between chase and another bank a number of times over last few months, zero issues.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Had a problem with my local bank years ago,pulled my money,closed my account,and have survived nicely without one for the last 20 years.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Don't know what happened but i know how they work you over.

Burn all the money !!!!!

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by EdM

i have been moving five figure amts between chase and another bank a number of times over last few months, zero issues.

Yep.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Seafire, Our local bank was bought by Banner Bank (hq in Idaho?)...we are very happy with them, small town banking style, you have one in Central Point and Roseburg, don't know about GP.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks Flintlocke, I'll have to check them out.

There are a few local Rogue Valley Banks...Chase has really been no problem, but this is the second time they have caused an issue, and left me stranded.

Spent over 4 hours and talking to 22 different people, over two days, on something they screwed up again, and can't get the same answer from talking to 22 different people. They screw up but somehow try to twist it into it was my fault.

Simple, they cancel my debit card that is suppose to expire at the end of June here and be replaced before that. Well they cancelled it 30 days early, and haven't even sent the replacement. Doesn't sound like a big issue, until you consider the following...

Thursday my wife had eye surgery, so she is suppose to be immobile for two weeks to recover. My son is on 16 hour shifts at the hospital because of someone in his small dept calling in sick. So I get a call, from the Assisted Living Facility that my step dad is in, he's 90 years old. He got knocked down a flight of stairs, by accident from another resident in a wheelchair., he was unconscious and had to be taken to the hospital. So I dropped what I was doing and went down into CA, 500 miles from home. drove straight thru, but when I got down there I was relieved to hear he had come out of his unconscious state.. and no broken bones, thank God. I left with a fresh tank of gas put into my Camry the day before and what ever was in my wallet..

every thing is okay with my step dad, thank God. So then the fun begins, when I stopped at the local Costco to get gas. Debit card declined... three times.
I had $20 in my wallet. I called Chase, after two hours and cut off lord knows how many times, I'm told that they have cancelled my debit card, but they can't find out why? Then I get someone in the Philippines, who asks me have I gotten my new card, they sent at the end of June? NO, because its still May.

No help whatsoever... they can't do a thing for me nor did they offer. So since I couldn't call my wife or son, I got ahold of a friend who dropped what he was doing on Memorial Day weekend and he comes down to California, with his card and brings me some money in case I might need it. I spent the time in the parking lot of Costco, and wait as he makes a 9 hour trip down. I get back home. Call Chase this morning, the CS gal tells me my card has been reinstated, after reading the account notes.
Go down to the local Gas station to throw $10 in the tank just to make sure... declined.. another couple hours on the bank with Chase. Get told a diffferent story each person it talk to, after get thrown in "Hold Hell". Go to my local branch, where I know the Bank Manager from involvement in Boy Scouts.
He tells me after looking into it, my account is all F'd up. Yeah, they cancelled the card BEFORE sending out the new one. Its already being processed so I won't receive it until the end of the month. This is a business account.

This follows after the last time I got this card. I was in Arizona on business. Stop to get gas and find my card declined. This is like 2016... 1500 miles from home. I had to drive 250 miles to the closest Chase Bank, where I am issued a new card. That time they did the same thing, cancelled my card, before sending the replacement. So 250 miles out of my way and then 250 miles back to get back on my business trip.

This is twice, that I have been left stranded up schitt creek without a paddle by these people, pompous New York City based elitist bank. Just changing banks when you are a business is a pain in the ass, especially in Oregon with our democRats in charge. That is why I didn't dump them back in 2016.

and do they care? they care enough to tell me they don't reimburse me for whatever financial loss this has cost me. but they apologize for 'any inconvenience that this has caused you"... that sure helps me feel a lot better, wouldn't it make you feel better? of course not.

a business treats someone right, they will usually tell 5 to 10 associates or friends of the experience.... some one screws you over, they will tell anyone who will listen. I wouldn't recommend Chase to someone I really disliked even.

Screw these F u GG ers.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Done.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
only get paid in cash and pay in cash...

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When the big bank refused to cash my paycheck, and offered
to deposit it, then allow me to withdraw any money previously in my account,
I went to a local bank. Started about 20 years ago by several in county businesses, it offers local, old fashioned banking.

Seriously, they wouldn't cash my paycheck!

Partially furloughed, I went in one time to withdraw money from
the unemployment card. The girl wanted me to set up direct deposit
for the UC money.

"NO. I don't do electronic banking. No direct deposit, no atm, no debit card."

She looked at me like the proverbial mule.
"But, but, but? How do you buy groceries."

"Ugh, cash?"

She was dumbfounded.
A teller, at the bank! Couldn't fathom...cash. And she was 40+.
10 years ago!

Seafire,
sorry to hear your story.
But I do not allow there to be less than $100 folded in my wallet.
And try to be sure that much is in each car (personal use).
We maintain 2 credit cards. Used to always have both MasterCard and
a Visa. But now both are Visa.

As an OTR driver, I saw a lot of people get stranded.
And I take steps to avoid it.
It can be as easy as the e-pay systems being down.
Most at gas stations are satellite, and they fail more often
than you might think. (Wife deals with it in her job)

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I cannot figure out why people suffer those big national banks. Use a local bank or a credit union.
That!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by EdM

Yep.

In CASH?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire
Thanks Flintlocke, I'll have to check them out.

There are a few local Rogue Valley Banks...Chase has really been no problem, but this is the second time they have caused an issue, and left me stranded.

Spent over 4 hours and talking to 22 different people, over two days, on something they screwed up again, and can't get the same answer from talking to 22 different people. They screw up but somehow try to twist it into it was my fault.

Simple, they cancel my debit card that is suppose to expire at the end of June here and be replaced before that. Well they cancelled it 30 days early, and haven't even sent the replacement. Doesn't sound like a big issue, until you consider the following...

Thursday my wife had eye surgery, so she is suppose to be immobile for two weeks to recover. My son is on 16 hour shifts at the hospital because of someone in his small dept calling in sick. So I get a call, from the Assisted Living Facility that my step dad is in, he's 90 years old. He got knocked down a flight of stairs, by accident from another resident in a wheelchair., he was unconscious and had to be taken to the hospital. So I dropped what I was doing and went down into CA, 500 miles from home. drove straight thru, but when I got down there I was relieved to hear he had come out of his unconscious state.. and no broken bones, thank God. I left with a fresh tank of gas put into my Camry the day before and what ever was in my wallet..

every thing is okay with my step dad, thank God. So then the fun begins, when I stopped at the local Costco to get gas. Debit card declined... three times.
I had $20 in my wallet. I called Chase, after two hours and cut off lord knows how many times, I'm told that they have cancelled my debit card, but they can't find out why? Then I get someone in the Philippines, who asks me have I gotten my new card, they sent at the end of June? NO, because its still May.

No help whatsoever... they can't do a thing for me nor did they offer. So since I couldn't call my wife or son, I got ahold of a friend who dropped what he was doing on Memorial Day weekend and he comes down to California, with his card and brings me some money in case I might need it. I spent the time in the parking lot of Costco, and wait as he makes a 9 hour trip down. I get back home. Call Chase this morning, the CS gal tells me my card has been reinstated, after reading the account notes.
Go down to the local Gas station to throw $10 in the tank just to make sure... declined.. another couple hours on the bank with Chase. Get told a diffferent story each person it talk to, after get thrown in "Hold Hell". Go to my local branch, where I know the Bank Manager from involvement in Boy Scouts.
He tells me after looking into it, my account is all F'd up. Yeah, they cancelled the card BEFORE sending out the new one. Its already being processed so I won't receive it until the end of the month. This is a business account.

This follows after the last time I got this card. I was in Arizona on business. Stop to get gas and find my card declined. This is like 2016... 1500 miles from home. I had to drive 250 miles to the closest Chase Bank, where I am issued a new card. That time they did the same thing, cancelled my card, before sending the replacement. So 250 miles out of my way and then 250 miles back to get back on my business trip.

This is twice, that I have been left stranded up schitt creek without a paddle by these people, pompous New York City based elitist bank. Just changing banks when you are a business is a pain in the ass, especially in Oregon with our democRats in charge. That is why I didn't dump them back in 2016.

and do they care? they care enough to tell me they don't reimburse me for whatever financial loss this has cost me. but they apologize for 'any inconvenience that this has caused you"... that sure helps me feel a lot better, wouldn't it make you feel better? of course not.

a business treats someone right, they will usually tell 5 to 10 associates or friends of the experience.... some one screws you over, they will tell anyone who will listen. I wouldn't recommend Chase to someone I really disliked even.

Screw these F u GG ers.

That’s quite the ordeal, and a good friend, but who drives 500 miles from home without a couple of $100 bills tucked into their wallet?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I have a debit card and a credit card, not from the same place. One gets screwed up, the other should be OK.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Local credit union.....are fine, until you pizz off somebody on the board of directors.

They think since its small town stuff they can play Boss Hogg.

I trust no banker

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I like cash myself!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Wells Fargo every month I would get my mortgage payment and pay it, around 2008 I would stay at deer camp October until January. would get mail transferred to the camp address. In December get a notice of for closer on the house down state, mortgage hasn't been payed in 3 months. Spent 2 days on the phone with Wells Fargo, no record of any payment even with a copy of a canceled checks from Huntington Bank. On the 3rd day Huntington doing all the work for me got it resolved.
What was happening a employee was taking the payments and making payments on several houses they owned. I received no apology from Wells Fargo they wanted me to pay the interest on the payments because of being late.
Went and got a new loan with Huntington as soon as I got back and very happy with them.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Since we're all piling onto Chase Bank, I'll throw in my story. This goes back probably to the mid-60's.

Chase used to have a mortgage subsidiary. It was big. They were one of the first to get the Winchester, IBM's super-secret data storage device, what we know today as a hard drive. Back then, they were as big as washing machines. Chase had theirs hooked to their 360 mainframe. Winchester was the code name for the project, and it stuck. When I got into the business in the early 80's. Folks still referred to Winchester drives.

So one day, the Winchester died. The next morning, the cry went up from the boardroom, "What do you mean there is no backup?" It turns out no one had thought to run a tape backup on the drive, and all the data was gone.

Ooops.

So now the question was how to recover. One bright guy suggested doing nothing. Most folks would send in their mortgage payments on time, and you could recover the information from the slips. Mortgages were issued with pre-printed payment slips that looked like checks. You just filled it in and sent in the money.

Nope. The winning idea was to take out a full-page ad in the WSJ basically saying: "We've lost all information regarding our mortages. Please send in what you have so we can rebuild our account database" Nobody complied.

Chase Mortgage went quietly out of business.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire

Chase has really been no problem, but this is the second time they have caused an issue, and left me stranded.

I dropped what I was doing and went down into CA, 500 miles from home. drove straight thru, but when I got down there I was relieved to hear he had come out of his unconscious state.. and no broken bones, thank God. I left with a fresh tank of gas put into my Camry the day before and what ever was in my wallet..

I stopped at the local Costco to get gas. Debit card declined... three times.
I had $20 in my wallet.

Go to my local branch, where I know the Bank Manager from involvement in Boy Scouts.

This follows after the last time I got this card. I was in Arizona on business. Stop to get gas and find my card declined. This is like 2016... 1500 miles from home.

Dear Shefire,

Sincerely hate to hear of your misfortune. Why do bad things happen to great people?

Is the Boy Scout motto no longer "Be Prepared"? Admittedly I don't follow the goings on of pedo organizations real closely so perhaps its changed.

To think this could have all been avoided with a credit card and some action on your part 5 years ago after the first time they had you grab your ankles and raw dogged you. OR, even simpler, keeping more than a 20 on your person like a grown man would have kept your ass out of the sling.

"Fail to plan, plan to fail" - Unknown (definitely not Shefire though)

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 18 invisible), 1,425 guests, and 910 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,312
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.