Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I've been around for ten plus years with way more good deals than bad. I have made quite a few friends that I would trust as a brother, but I have noticed a shift in the Campfire members, and it is not necessarily a good change.
donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
While I have met only two people from here both lived nearby I have had nothing but good dealings with the folks here from buying and selling a firearm or a set of reloading dies it's all been good.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Would Cabelas, or anyone else send a gun to anyone without payment? Hell no

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by GSPfan
To ship a gun or anything else for that matter without prior payment is absurd. Asking for a three day inspection period at the seller's discretion is ok in my book. I have bought and sold here with NO problems.

I have sold a lot of things and shipped before I received payment. I just have one question for you, why should a seller be trusted more than a buyer?

That is simply not the point.

Tradition demands that a firearm be paid for before it is shipped. The inspection period and return policy should be made clear. A seller does not incur the great expense of shipping a firearm before he has payment in hand.

I beg to differ, it is the point. Once again, explain to me why the seller should be more trusted than the buyer.

I'd like to hear that explanation too.

Black Cows Matter!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Somebody please point out one business model where goods are turned over to a consumer without the consumer either paying for them, signing a legally-binding payment plan, or putting up collateral and signing a document forfeiting said collateral upon failure to pay in full, before receiving the goods.

Even the "try it before you buy it" offers on television demand a credit card number up front to extract payment before you receive the goods, but then give you the "money back guarantee".

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I've sold a decent amount on 24hr and acknowledge I will get more on GB vs the classifieds on 24. When I list something, I try to price it 15-20% less than I feel it would bring on GB making it a win/win for both myself and the buyer. Lower cost for buyer and easier transaction for me.

If someone is truly looking for what I'm listing, they won't find it cheaper on GB and they are assured what I'm listing is described accurately with a buyer's satisfaction guarantee.

And now with GB collecting sales tax... you need to take GB prices and add 6-10% on top when you're comparing GB sold prices vs an item on 24hr.

Last edited by Jpterry; 06/02/21.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Would Cabelas, or anyone else send a gun to anyone without payment? Hell no

No one on here is Cabela's

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sellers sets the terms. Buyer doesn't like Sellers terms, buy elsewhere. It's not complicated.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk
Somebody please point out one business model where goods are turned over to a consumer without the consumer either paying for them, signing a legally-binding payment plan, or putting up collateral and signing a document forfeiting said collateral upon failure to pay in full, before receiving the goods.

Even the "try it before you buy it" offers on television demand a credit card number up front to extract payment before you receive the goods, but then give you the "money back guarantee".

Dude, this ain't a business here, this is a bunch of like minded guys doing what they love. Oh, and btw, I make many transactions where I take possession of the goods before I pay. Just for starters, have you ever gone out to eat?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Dude, this ain't a business here, this is a bunch of like minded guys doing what they love. Oh, and btw, I make many transactions where I take possession of the goods before I pay. Just for starters, have you ever gone out to eat?

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Eat your meal then try to walk out without paying because you didn't like it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Sellers sets the terms. Buyer doesn't like Sellers terms, buy elsewhere. It's not complicated.

Does seem simple, doesn't it?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

When you sit at the table and they hand you a menu, it is an understood mutual contract that you will pay them the amount listed on the menu in return for them serving you the food. You're on their property, they demand payment before you leave or they call the police if you refuse. They are within their rights if they choose to detain you until police arrive. It's no different than if someone grabs a woman's purse and runs off, and bystanders tackle him and pin him down until the cops show up. Courts have ruled on the matter, there is legal precedent for this.

A better analogy would be if the restaurant sends you the meal via Grubhub without a credit card number, the driver leaves without payment, then the restaurant waits a week or two for you to send them a check.

Show me a restaurant that does that.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
HH, a few months ago I called the Kubota dealership and told em I was interested in a new 70 horse, they said we'll send one out, you use it and if you like it mail us a check or come sign some paperwork, if not we'll come get it. That's how I like to do business.

These classifieds are for our community, not running a business, I'd still like an explanation of why you think a seller should be more trusted that a buyer.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I don't think they should be more trusted by default, please show me where I've posted that. You can't, because I haven't. But the seller has the right to set the terms of sale. If you're a buyer and don't like the terms, walk on by.

Your example is a local business with a local buyer and seller (who may or may not already know each other) for an item that the seller knows where it's going and can call the police if need be to help collect. Also, if they sent you a tractor that they still own without any signed waiver of liability paperwork, they are opening themselves up for a massive lawsuit if you get hurt using the tractor. If they did indeed do so, I gurantee you their lawyer would put a stop to that immediately.

I find it extremely hard to believe you signed NOTHING to take possession of the tractor, unless there is a previous relationship with the dealership. If that is the case, the discussion is completely moot anyway.

I've sent people here items before I received payment, it all depends on the vibe I'm getting from them. A couple times it was for over $100 worth of stuff.

But never a firearm. Too much involved in that, monetarily, liability-wise, and legally.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The seller has the right to set the terms of sale. If you're a buyer and don't like the terms, walk on by.

This!!!

Ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 06/02/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The seller has the right to set the terms of sale. If you're a buyer and don't like the terms, walk on by.

Not a hard concept to understand, but still some folks...................

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ive has two issues with misunderstandings one on my part, one on s buyer. Both were handled quickly, fairly and ill do business with both and ship before their checks show up.

I hope to stay ahead!

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the whole vibe of the campfire has changed. there are some that never post one single post outside the classifieds and think they are the hall monitors of same.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by deerstalker
the whole vibe of the campfire has changed. there are some that never post one single post outside the classifieds and think they are the hall monitors of same.

They'll be gone as soon as this bullsheit is over. It's pretty easy to determine who you should deal with and who you shouldn't.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 12344mag, 47 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,961
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.