Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
673, if I’m reading your post right, you are native yourself.

If that is the case, expect to be “Uncle Tom”d, since your outrage is not selective enough, nor passionate enough. You obviously are just some dumb savage who needs whitey to be suitably outraged on your behalf.

Read the 3rd post in this thread, I stand on every word.
I know there is no such thing as reconciliation, and I just want to move on with Nation building. I also know where we are going with this, very worrisome if one loves Canada

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I had read that and forgot it. Respect.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 673
Firstly, the two levels of Government, Provincial/Federal, and media have been preparing for a full on information campaign aimed at Canadians, in particular citizens of BC, it is now on. Everybody will find out all about it shortly, sadly, many will get screwed, including Native people....I know I am right.

On the residential schools, those are not "Christians".
Lets be careful not to be led by our hearts before we make a judgement on the information provided, because.....we don't know the condition of the children who died, perhaps they had health issue's before they were in the schools. Perhaps they had no families to return the bodies too, or maybe nobody cared about them. Lets also remember, not all people in authority were murdering pedophiles, and some of them loved the children.

Sadly, my family (Metis) were two generations in residential schools here in Canada, my mother, and her mother's generation, all of them.
I can safely say the institution destroyed them and the next generations (mine) have had to deal with some of the "stuff" that comes with it, like others, I keep that to myself and frankly have only the last few days revealed some of the stories to my sons.
I am not "wimpy" but find myself weeping openly, like now. What really gets me going is I see people who were once great
reduced to what can best be described as...broken.

I don't think it right to hold Canadians responsible, nor do I think their "right's and privileges" be infringed, but I am afraid that is what Canada will do next, book it.

Then I think there is a lesson here that go's over everyone's head.....we need to know and prevent this from happening to any people of any race on our soil again. We need to move on now, we need to forgive, but not forget.

I know that if Canada tries it again on any race of people, then I and others will fix bayonet's.

This works for me. I agree.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bushrat
215 children died in 79 years, about 3 a year, not a high number considering the illnesses of the times and the lack of modern medical intervention we have today. What was the capacity of the school in numbers of kids over the years. I know in one year that I went to school 5 students out of just over 100 students died in our small town, no it wasn't a residential school it was a regular elementary school about 1970. Student population at Kamloops residential school peaked in the 1950's at about 500 students per year.

They say there are no records, there may have been records, were they lost, destroyed, who knows, how many institutions have records intact from the period of 52 years ago to 132 years ago.

They say none of the families were notified, how do we know that. They very well could have been notified and had memorial services etc. We'll never know. Back then it wasn't uncommon for people of any race to have family members who died away from home buried where they died, the logistics of transporting bodies was more complicated back in those times especially to remote native communities in those days..

i only partialy agree BUT you must know the history of the catholic church, i went to a C school and played basketball against some of the res school kids , The C brothers of Ireland had some sadistic bassterds for teachers native kids were torn out of their family homes , to subject them to WHITE ways with no concern for family or culture, The C church like Governments never give us the whole picture and never will, to many things have been perperated by Gov And Churches in the name of God or what is best for the PEOPLE.

norm

I will add more later

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Next week Trudeau will announce a "repatriation" tax for all non-native Canadians!

A stranger is a friend we haven't met.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I think this story will be a small part of the Liberal election campaign in Western Canada. Most Canadians don't seem to care, so none of the parties will exert much effort, except in FN areas. I would like to be wrong, but based on the federal election track record, it will be ignored once again.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I think this story will be a small part of the Liberal election campaign in Western Canada. Most Canadians don't seem to care, so none of the parties will exert much effort, except in FN areas. I would like to be wrong, but based on the federal election track record, it will be ignored once again.

Only a few crocodile tears from Trudeau on this one, his tears were better to be seen flowing over the Muslim family that was run over, more votes there as indians don't vote as a rule.

It was pointed out to me that Justine may not want to talk about the residential school issue at all since his dad (Pierre) was in power for well over a decade while these schools were in operation...he did FA to stop, change, review or even acknowledge it.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by 673
Only a few crocodile tears from Trudeau on this one, his tears were better to be seen flowing over the Muslim family that was run over, more votes there as Indians don't vote as a rule. It was pointed out to me that Justine may not want to talk about the residential school issue at all since his dad (Pierre) was in power for well over a decade while these schools were in operation...he did FA to stop, change, review or even acknowledge it.

I just shake my head when I hear people saying bring those responsible to justice. My uncle is in his mid 80's. The people that harmed him and his now dead brothers are long gone.

Anyone that was in a RC school system with Irish priests / Nuns from the 60's will have memories of what they were like. Not all were pleasant and the conditions were no where near what my uncles experienced.

The Liberal government of the day buried the 1907 report on horrendous conditions, the 60's scoop was a product of government policy, Trudeau the senior (the one that kept all the family brains) through Jean Chrétien added to the schools and had his own directives, Duncan Scott was a bureaucrat that implemented and drove policies that harmed many -- he is gone, the archaic Indian act is still in place and numerous apologies from various church authorities have been issued over the years (yet they continue to block access to records).

So junior will go after the memory of his namesake daddy or Jean Chrétien --- not likely.

Somehow there needs to be a permanent memorial created for these sites and at these sites. Surely if Wilfred Laurier and Pierre Trudeau can have monuments then something can be done to remember the victims.

In my travels the one remembrance monument that struck me the deepest was a tour of the Vietnam war memorial with all the names and dates. I saw friends or family touching the names and many tears. People talk of closure. Fine --- to me closure includes something tangible for remembrance that goes over and above lessons being added to school curriculum.

Hugh
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good post Hugh, like you're other posts, very insightful.
Honestly, I am finding it hard to tell where the BS starts and the water has been muddied. I heard a well known Chief from BC talking on CBC the other day, he has been on quite abit lately, he couldn't remember the name of leader of the opposition (O'Toole) and referred to him as "the bald guy".

The divide between the Native community and the Citizens and the Government of Canada will never draw closer so long as there is leadership that shows classless disrespect and zero integrity. People like that don't want to forgive and forget, they want it to carry on until they have everything.

As I said before, reconciliation means taking away Constitutional rights and privileges from the Citizens of Canada, even though they had nothing to do with it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
Good post Hugh, like you're other posts, very insightful.
Honestly, I am finding it hard to tell where the BS starts and the water has been muddied. I heard a well known Chief from BC talking on CBC the other day, he has been on quite abit lately, he couldn't remember the name of leader of the opposition (O'Toole) and referred to him as "the bald guy".

The divide between the Native community and the Citizens and the Government of Canada will never draw closer so long as there is leadership that shows classless disrespect and zero integrity. People like that don't want to forgive and forget, they want it to carry on until they have everything.

As I said before, reconciliation means taking away Constitutional rights and privileges from the Citizens of Canada, even though they had nothing to do with it.

Well said.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Good article by Conrad Black which addresses Covid, plus says much about the residential school graves that many of the so-called “haters” on here have suggested.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/co...lse-canada-has-taken-leave-of-its-senses

Now I’ll wait for the inevitable chastising from the clown with enough hubris to insist on his right to free speech in order to tell other people what and where they can post. Thankfully, I now have him on ignore.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Conrad pretty much nailed it on a number of issues

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This doesn't have anything to do with residential schools. The people here are starting to see the guile of the Provincial Government and they are about to be exposed for the lying snakes that they are, so deceitful. While we were on lockdown here in BC, the Government and the FN have been having full on meetings, in secret. This is just another round of secret meetings.

The timing of the find is telling, just before aboriginal day? I will maintain the people of this Province are about to be informed of what reconciliation is going to mean, sportsmen will be the first to know...that is going to begin June 21. I will be surprised if there is any hunting from Citizens of BC in a couple years, and it will go the way of the Salmon fishing in some of the treaty area's, there isn't any. Then it all makes sense when the entire Province is in a treaty area, were fugged.

In talking to people I see their heart strings have been pulled. I am abit surprised at how many people have been led to believe these young ones they have found were murdered. Only the media has led people to believe they were murdered, nor is it a mass grave, it is simply an unmarked grave site with 215 people in it.

I was consoling someone the other day that was full of rage, blaming themselves for the residential schools....hey, that is what they want...for you to take the blame, drawing sympathy from the populace, before they are informed of how fugged they are going to be.
Ever wonder why we dont hear about the abuse and unspeakable conditions some of these kids were removed from in the first place? If anyone thinks kids died and their parents were not informed of it is a lemming.

I had my friend understand that they need to think for themselves and not be led by their heart and lying media, God requires us to think for ourselves.

Years ago people said to me there was going to be a war, I dismissed it, but now think it will happen, very concerning to hear my fellow man speak of one another, we have been maneuvered into a very bad position by the UN and the Court system we have here in Canada.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder if there are grave sites in Quebec residential schools?......
I often go off to wondering if Quebec is going to side step UNDRIP?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
This will be dismissed as right-wing religious propaganda but, as always, there are two sides to every story, then there is the truth.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/r...s-people-loved-their-residential-schools

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The links provided above should be public knowledge, but they won't be. Tomson highway tells it like many others feel.
Instead they have found a Chief of note who tears up for the camera on que.

Other than the large sums of loot to be had, I am puzzled why some would choose to hand their problems to the next generation to deal with, making them...generational problems.
Is this the role of an Elder?

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They can keep this narrative going for years if they peruse every residential school in Canada with their new friend...radar. One every week, or second week will take alot of attention off what Trudeau and the globalists are doing to the Country.

I am waiting for someone to inform Justin Trudeau that his Communist Dad was running the Country when some of these schools were still operating.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Will someone bring me up to speed?

Is it the way the children died? No markers?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Many of these graves are very old. Markers would have been wooden crosses or stakes which over time would decay away. Also many of these cemeteries were not maintained so marking locations would have also disappeared over time.

We toured New Jersey a few years back and visited cemeteries where my wife's ancestors lived when they landed in the US in the late 1700's. Many grave stones were not legible and there were spaces in the rows where a person would assume someone was buried but there was no way of knowing who or when as there was no marker. Either the original marker was wood and deteriorated or the site was not marked. Visiting old western graveyards you see much the same.

I am not saying what happened at the schools is right. It is just these sites have been known for some time (as per the truth and reconciliation report) however the foot dragging on production of records and actually undertaking investigative work has now led to a media circus plus a fake leader staging photo ops.

Hugh
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

431 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 39 invisible), 2,013 guests, and 1,092 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,746
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.