-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We went camping in the Black Hills over Memorial Day weekend. I spent about five or six hours each of two days fly fishing Spearfish Creek. At times it's tough finding the fish; but, when you do, it's fun. I, like anybody else, enjoy catching big fish. I guess I've caught my share. However, I don't think I get much more enjoyment out of fly fishing than I do while catching a couple of dozen or so of these over a couple of hour period. The first day I caught 12 or so over about five hours and the second day I think I caught about two dozen, like these, over about 6 hours. Most of the fish, each day, were caught over about a two hour window. What a blast.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great fun with a 2 or 3 Wgt Fly Rod !!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Good fishing catching browns like that, I love it!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Wish I knew you were coming Big Sky could have told you of some great water with brookies, browns and occ. Rainbows mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Circa 1985 I spent some time in Spearfish and those little dammed areas on Spearfish yield some very nice browns bigger than 18". Still, the quiet of the little parts of the creek were tons of fun. I really like that area even though it's been 30 years since I've been through there on my last PCS move east.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Always fun catching fish. I am new to fly fishing,but holy cow I have never enjoyed fishing so much as I have since I was introduced to fly fishing.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Torqued
Always fun catching fish. I am new to fly fishing,but holy cow I have never enjoyed fishing so much as I have since I was introduced to fly fishing.

It's a whole world of stuff to explore. I've been fly fishing for 45+ years an still learning new stuff. Gnoahhh and I are headed up to PA for him to school me on spring creek trout in a couple weeks.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Small streams and trout on my old Fenwick glass roads, one of life's simple pleasures...

Molon Labe
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Love to catch fish on flies.. Mostly I use old style Fenwick glass rods with their soft action.. They make brookie fishing on small streams wonderful..

Molon Labe
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Something especially satisfying about catching fish like that rather than the aquatic chickens they put in the water on Tuesday or whatever day.

Congrats on a couple of fine days spent fishing.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Wish I knew you were coming Big Sky could have told you of some great water with brookies, browns and occ. Rainbows mb

If I remember, I'll hit you up next time Bob. Thanks.

I used a three weight and most were caught on either a Purple Adams or various small beadhead nymphs. It was probably 2 to 1 Purple Adams.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

396 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 33 invisible), 2,599 guests, and 1,005 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,796
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.