Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Dutch

That’s quite the ordeal, and a good friend, but who drives 500 miles from home without a couple of $100 bills tucked into their wallet?
[/quote]

ya got me on that one....I usually do have a couple hundred in the wallet, Tucked away. but with the wife's surgery I paid a quick charge in advance for part of the surgery, and we saved quite a bit prepaying instead. After surgery and home wife had to lay prone for 48 hours to let her eye drain, so here I was anchored. When I got the call about my dad falling down the flight of stairs and knocked unconscious, I jumped in the car and took off...

Gotta admit, didn't even check my wallet, so that BooBoo was on me, but I had no idea if Chase had already cancelled the card or not.

I also do have another bank account, but that card stays with the wife, in case she needs it. It gets money put in but seldom taken out.

I started several years ago, putting money into my wife's world, for the day when I'm not here. All of my SS goes into an account for her for when that day happens..

so yeah, I just ended up having the preverbial flat tire on the railroad tracks with the 5:15 Special barreling thru. That fault is mine. That and relying on a bank that has pulled this again... of course I called them 2 months ago and requested a new card early, as the chip they think I need in it has been going wonky lately.. of course I bet knowing Chase, that got routed to the circular file.

I did love listening to their little elevator music on hold as they have recordings of waiting to get the best customer service in the banking world. That was special.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hilleschidt,

Thanks for your insight. I am happy to be able to attract you up out of the bottom of the lake, to always added your insightful 2 cents, you little bottom feeder you. you are a troll that loves to follow certain people, as you usually contribute nothing but BS to a conversation, to justify your otherwise useless existence.

Tell us a lie, admit you are not a democRAT and BLM and Antifa Supporter. I'm sure you are a resident around Madison or Metro Milwaukee, and having lived back that way, your type is a dime a dozen.

Do take pleasure in you are on ignore, and NO I didn't toggle the display of this post. Don't need to. Its easy to guess exactly what schitt you are going to post

so thank you for your POS schitt show display, which I didn't even both reading...but its always nice to see you drop by you bottom feeder.

Now go do society a favor and fall down a flight of stairs and break your neck or something constructive like that. Or maybe put your head down the toilet and see if you can flush that.

Have a nice day douche bag.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Columbia River if you have them down there. They have been great to us. We have bin with them since 2000.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by Seafire
Hilleschidt,

Thanks for your insight. I am happy to be able to attract you up out of the bottom of the lake, to always added your insightful 2 cents, you little bottom feeder you. you are a troll that loves to follow certain people, as you usually contribute nothing but BS to a conversation, to justify your otherwise useless existence.

Tell us a lie, admit you are not a democRAT and BLM and Antifa Supporter. I'm sure you are a resident around Madison or Metro Milwaukee, and having lived back that way, your type is a dime a dozen.

Do take pleasure in you are on ignore, and NO I didn't toggle the display of this post. Don't need to. Its easy to guess exactly what schitt you are going to post

so thank you for your POS schitt show display, which I didn't even both reading...but its always nice to see you drop by you bottom feeder.

Now go do society a favor and fall down a flight of stairs and break your neck or something constructive like that. Or maybe put your head down the toilet and see if you can flush that.

Have a nice day douche bag.

Gosh you get awful sensitive.

You peaked, but keep playing hard to get ToggleFire.

Re my address and politics you're batting .000 - pretty much on par with a lot of other bullsh*t you're SURE of, lol. If you decide you're sure enough to put money on it we can certainly work that out.

***Toggle***

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Wife and I have a Southwest CC via Chase and it's been great. We funnel any purchase we can through the card. We usually end up with ~125k of points per year, which qualifies my wife for the Southwest "companion pass". I pay for my tickets with points, she flies free. We *literally* have not paid for plane tickets in YEARS.

We have had 2 fraud events on our account that were remedied immediately.

We use local folks for mortgages, the occasional car loan, etc, but we love Chase for embezzling points. $40k of kitchen remodel will be put on that card this summer and paid off immediately in cash. Free R/T tickets for us to visit my father and his wife in Cabo for the next 2 years. Can't complain.

But Bank of America and Wells Fargo can KISS MY ASS. I hate those fuggers.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a JP Morgan Chase platinum card that I rarely use. Certain things but I always pay it off each month like I do my AMEX.

I have credit union cards and accounts and a BoA credit card and account and an Amex I've had since the 80s.

But my go-to card and account .... is USAA. I use it the most, great customer service, low rate, great points program .... I have a lot of stuff with USAA.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by EdM
Zero issues with Chase for many, many years.

Try putting a couple K cash in your account: they’ll charge you a 1 to 2% “fee” for the privilege, depending on location.

i have been moving five figure amts between chase and another bank a number of times over last few months, zero issues.

Yep.

In CASH?

Certified checks. About to cut one to help my youngest on a down payment on his first house.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, not cash. But thanks for playing.......

Wells Fargo was the first one that I had to deal with on that crap, had a customer that bounced a check (or two), so I told him to deposit CASH in my account before I would ship. Wells Fargo decided they could pilfer some of that. Took me quite a bit of back and forth with the customer to figure out why his deposit didn't match my deposit.

Closed all my Wells accounts that month. They sure couldn't understand what the big deal was. After all, they make their 2-3% on every card transaction, why should they not get into our pockets for cash transactions?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Credit Unions have been great to my Family. Been doing business with them for 30 plus years.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah Wells Fargo was/is notorious for the way they payout funds-owed from their account holders.

I had one client who's Wells Fargo checks always took several weeks to clear. I blamed it on my bank at first until my bank told me it was Wells Fargo floating the funds via some fine print exception in the system. (I believe they were later busted for doing it along with some other unscrupulous practices of theirs ... and fined.)

So anyways, I told my client what they were doing and he offered me the idea of simply taking his checks directly to the tellers and cashing them when he cut them ... usually between the $10k-$20k range occasionally more but because of the float there were times when he had $50k or more floating in the system for weeks rather than being in my operating account. I retired from the construction industry.

We tried that, me cashing the checks written directly to me ... didn't work. Wells Fargo wanted a substantial fee to cash the checks, actually fees on top of fees that totaled almost 5%. My client came down and actually withdrew cash and gave it to me in front of the bank VP then told him he would be moving his account elsewhere ... the VP didn't care, said it was out of his hands and they were having to deal with complaints about it every day.

That branch in my town is now defunct, out of business and gone.

Wells Fargo is a shyster operation imho.

Last edited by SCRooster; 06/03/21. Reason: Corrected autocorrect correction that was incorrect

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We borrowed $200K from BOA and although we always paid our monthly payment at least a full week before it was due, they repeatedly charged us late fees, tried to bump the interest rate up to 25%, and refused to acknowledge that they had received and processed our checks prior to the due dates. We had to get the Nebraska AG's office involved and they got us money back from BOA, the bogus late fees and the higher interest paid. When we sold the business, BOA sent a VP to talk with us about helping us manage the windfall that we had received. He was a nice enough guy, but we showed him the correspondence that we had with BOA and told him that it would be a cold day in hell before we ever banked with BOA again. He said that he wasn't aware of the BS that we went through with BOA and didn't blame us for not wanting to do business with BOA. He didn't help himself when he said that we were only marginally credit worthy for $200K and were lucky to get the loan approved in the first place. I think that the person who approved the loan was probably trying to push us into defaulting on the loan so that BOA could lay claim against the assets. Apparently they teach crap like that in banking school, something like Banking 301, 101 ways to screw your customers.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

598 members (06hunter59, 22250rem, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,120 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,281
Posts18,448,539
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.