Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
People will say that their kids aren't interested, that's just bullsh~t, you don't start when they are ten, I carried my daughter through the woods every weekend in my back pack all winter long, teaching her tracking and feeding areas and showing her where predator's killed wildlife.

We walked trout streams in the summer building rock dams to deepen the water, in shaded holes, to keep the trout alive during the hot summer months , we built dozens of blue bird houses and cleared fence lines of brush while building cover for grouse and rabbits. Simple but fun stuff to do while spending time with our family.

We collected owl balls and dissected them, to see what the local prey was, she had hundreds of mouse, chipmunk and squirrel skulls and a ton of femur and other bones, and could readily identify most of them .

Today she has a chemistry, and a micro biology degree, she runs the lab at our hospital, along with being one of the better deer hunters in our area !

Kids will only be what you put into them, you can put time effort, and love, or you can complain when they marry a drunken unemployed wife beater ! The choice is yours to make !

Sadly far to many people choose a new Harley, some art work and a set of bolt on tits, over teaching your kids a great way of life.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimy
People will say that their kids aren't interested, that's just bullsh~t, you don't start when they are ten, I carried my daughter through the woods every weekend in my back pack all winter long, teaching her tracking and feeding areas and showing her where predator's killed wildlife.

We walked trout streams in the summer building rock dams to deepen the water, in shaded holes, to keep the trout alive during the hot summer months , we built dozens of blue bird houses and cleared fence lines of brush while building cover for grouse and rabbits. Simple but fun stuff to do while spending time with our family.

We collected owl balls and dissected them, to see what the local prey was, she had hundreds of mouse, chipmunk and squirrel skulls and a ton of femur and other bones, and could readily identify most of them .

Today she has a chemistry, and a micro biology degree, she runs the lab at our hospital, along with being one of the better deer hunters in our area !

Kids will only be what you put into them, you can put time effort, and love, or you can complain when they marry a drunken unemployed wife beater ! The choice is yours to make !

Sadly far to many people choose a new Harley, some art work and a set of bolt on tits, over teaching your kids a great way of life.

Just for curiosity, where did the rock dam building in trout streams and grouse habitat improvement occur?

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by roundoak

Just for curiosity, where did the rock dam building in trout streams and grouse habitat improvement occur?

North western PA !

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
How many of you "deer hunters" own hunting land? How many of you trap and or shoot predator's? How many of you plant food plots or free up apple or pear trees ? How many of you spend after season time hinging cutting maple and other unwanted trees to over the winter to feed the herds and keep them away from roads ?

The whiners have us out numbered, take the phones from your kids , give them each a bow saw for Christmas and get out there and improve your own hunting !

How many " deer hunters" , I am a deer hunter and likely could hunt better than you . Not bragging neither. Come up here and hunt wolf country on the big chunks of public land and you will be one humbled "hunter". You will be back on your private land in a few days. You would not believe with your own eyes what the wolves did to the deer numbers in northern Wis. Come on up here and stay a week. I can here it already , I should go buy some land of my own. Yah , right , $150,000 for a 40 to hunt deer? No thanks. I will enjoy public land hunting till the day I die, and I love it, cause I am a hunter that does not need to show anyone a big buck. It is not the kill , but the hunt and most all hunters say that, but then think they need a big buck. PS, dont even get me started on what a hard winter does to the deer heard. And I almost forgot . You likely also never saw a tax bill from Wisconsin. Most pay over $1,000 for a 40 acres parcel with nothing on it. Add another $500 bucks a year for a small cabin. No thanks, I love public land and get a few here and there.

Last edited by ihookem; 05/31/21.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
Originally Posted by ccd
https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...e-auto-crashes-24-study-says/7426334002/

Lots of State agencies have been waiting for good excuse to widen wolf reintros. Looks like they are going to enlist insurance companies to push through.

I believe it's the other way around. I think the insurance companies have been behind this for years. They're the ones pushing the state agencies.

When I worked in the automotive repair busines in Pa. in the early 2000s ,at a State Farm meeting , one of their people were patting them selves on the back for funding the importation and release of coyotes to limit their exposure to deer collisions, It had not completely planned out yet in that area, but the numbers of deer were dropping and coyotes went from being in cartoons , to being seen every day while hunting........

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wyoming260
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
Originally Posted by ccd
https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...e-auto-crashes-24-study-says/7426334002/

Lots of State agencies have been waiting for good excuse to widen wolf reintros. Looks like they are going to enlist insurance companies to push through.

I believe it's the other way around. I think the insurance companies have been behind this for years. They're the ones pushing the state agencies.

When I worked in the automotive repair busines in Pa. in the early 2000s ,at a State Farm meeting , one of their people were patting them selves on the back for funding the importation and release of coyotes to limit their exposure to deer collisions, It had not completely planned out yet in that area, but the numbers of deer were dropping and coyotes went from being in cartoons , to being seen every day while hunting........

Old wives tail. Coyotes were never stocked in PA. The PGC adamantly denies it and there has never been any evidence or even credible firsthand accounts. The PGC actually didn't pursue herd reductions until after Y2K at which point the Coyotes were back in force. The days of poisoning being in the distant past at that point.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Lots of coyotes in southern NH and also plenty of deer. Lots of coyotes in northern Maine and dam few deer. What’s the difference? Harsh winters and loss of wintering habitat - IMHO.
I still enjoy hunting in northern Maine; lots of unposted wild land and very, very few other hunters. The sighting of any deer is memorable up here now, though.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RIO7

jimy, You said it all right there!! But--But-- But, We have Wolf's and Coyotes, Get your ass out there and Trap or hunt the predators. Rio7

legal to kill wolves in MI, MN, Wi, WA, OR?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Hawks and Owls have destroyed small game populations adding to the predication on fawns . Yet they have blanket protection 365 days per year.
However, I do not know anyone, that doesn't take every opportunity to check on the effectiveness of the force field, the one that the gooberman says they have, and like most feel good things that they do, the protection fails in every way, even the tiny 17 RFM easily penetrates that force field, with little to no protective effects.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ihookem
How many of you "deer hunters" own hunting land? How many of you trap and or shoot predator's? How many of you plant food plots or free up apple or pear trees ? How many of you spend after season time hinging cutting maple and other unwanted trees to over the winter to feed the herds and keep them away from roads ?

The whiners have us out numbered, take the phones from your kids , give them each a bow saw for Christmas and get out there and improve your own hunting !

How many " deer hunters" , I am a deer hunter and likely could hunt better than you . Not bragging neither. Come up here and hunt wolf country on the big chunks of public land and you will be one humbled "hunter". You will be back on your private land in a few days. You would not believe with your own eyes what the wolves did to the deer numbers in northern Wis. Come on up here and stay a week. I can here it already , I should go buy some land of my own. Yah , right , $150,000 for a 40 to hunt deer? No thanks. I will enjoy public land hunting till the day I die, and I love it, cause I am a hunter that does not need to show anyone a big buck. It is not the kill , but the hunt and most all hunters say that, but then think they need a big buck. PS, dont even get me started on what a hard winter does to the deer heard. And I almost forgot . You likely also never saw a tax bill from Wisconsin. Most pay over $1,000 for a 40 acres parcel with nothing on it. Add another $500 bucks a year for a small cabin. No thanks, I love public land and get a few here and there.

You are wrong on almost everyone of your accusations, the "better hunter" part gave a chuckle. My tax bill is pocket change short of $600 per month, your hunting sucks yet you are happy about that fact , enjoy your miserable hunting.

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by ihookem

You are wrong on almost everyone of your accusations, the "better hunter" part gave a chuckle. My tax bill is pocket change short of $600 per month, your hunting sucks yet you are happy about that fact , enjoy your miserable hunting.

Come up to wolf country and see how good you really are ! You will be back at your rich boy camp inside a week. Also, I can have a lot of land , I have the pocket change too, but I decided I dont need to pay all that money for a deer . And for miserable hunting, it is downright bad in NW Wisconsin, and hunting in southern Wis. can be pretty good on public and I do it for free. Enjoy your heated blind that you call deer hunting.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
731 members (02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 88 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,928
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.