Campfire Kahuna
W
Me, more than once. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My boat has a 90" beam, I would hate to have to paddle it back.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Every damned time I take this one out.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have to paddle mine back almost every time I go out.
Of course canoes are like that unless one floats downstream to a takeout.

A friend ALWAYS said Always ALWAYS go upstream, one time he violated his rule and took his brother downstream from the launch point.
Luckily there were two paddles for them to use to get back upstream when they ran out of gas.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Fished a tournament for bass long ago and the fella I was paired with's motor died in the middle of the lake. Couldn't flag down any of the other contestants so I jumped in (water was about 4' deep) and started towing the boat back. After quite a long way someone noticed me towing the boat and finally came and offered a hand. Was one of those days!!!!

Proper prior practice prevents piss poor performance!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Always take the drift boat down stream.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Interesting reading books on the early Canadian exploration days. Those guys would spend months paddling/polling canoes upstream and burn up 3 or 4 days returning in the fall.

Last edited by 1minute; 05/18/21.

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Been fortunate, unless its the canoe no paddling

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
When I was a teenager I was trapping below the boat ramp on a river. Motor quit 3 miles downstream. No one was on the river so I had to paddle upstream to the truck. 14 foot jon boat can be paddled but I had to paddle hard to make progress. When I made it to the boat ramp I was down to my T shirt sweating profusely and the temp was in the low 30s. Sounds tough until I think about the Lewis and Clark Expedition dragging boats and equipment upstream from MO over the Rockies.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wife and I were fishing for pike in Canada, in a small, maybe 12' aluminum boat with a small outboard. We were so busy catching pike that we didn't realize we had drifted a long way from the shore where we had started. Time to leave, but the motor wouldn't start, so I ended up paddling all the way back. Good exercise!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like life boats on the Titanic my boat has oars, trolling motor and gas motor. Even when they are declared unsinkable "Sh-t Happens".

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Was out in the bay one day with brother and my son. Motor died. We were drifting farther out. Oar was missing.

Was to the point where I seriously considered swimming to shore to call for help. I knew better, I still know better but it was our best choice at the time. Good 1/2 mile swim in May temps on the Great Lakes - would have probably ended up bad all the way around but we were getting desperate as we were moving in the other direction. Shore wasn't getting closer.

Lucky someone came by and towed us in. Pure luck. I was kicking off my shoes and tying knots in the ends of my pant legs.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hell we've had to carry them back more than once.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have! That’s why I have a bow mounted trolling motor on a 24v system, a main outboard, kicker, and an extra battery and a set of tools in the boat.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I tried paddling back but the waves were too much. I was lucky and someone towed me in. We were going to wash up on a bunch of rocks and would have been there all night.but got lucky. Now days , I have a 5 horse kicker that should keep me out of trouble. I fish the northern part of Green Bay in Upper Michigan. You need be ready cause you will end up dead. " Always be prepared for the elements of surprise"" Fred Bear.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (10Glocks, 44mc, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, 12 invisible), 1,569 guests, and 699 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.