Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by 1100RemingtonMan
I glad to see them back in business and am a 6mm Rem fan also.
I get a kick out of people bashing Remington when they are buying the cheapest in there line, yes I would quit making cheep guns. But a lot of the gun business is and has been a race to the bottom by all manufacturers.
Pick up a 870 Express you have what you paid for a cheaply made gun, if you paid for a Wingmaster you had a very reliable gun that will last.
Remington V3 is a great new design but should of been made in higher end models from the start like a Trap and Skeet versions as well as Wood Stock models with good wood for the uplands. Not everybody drags there shotgun through a marsh.
M700 high priced guns are nice the SPS were not to smooth and ugly but my friend hunts with one and it’s a shooter.
Remington like all gun manufacturers has to decide what products make the most sense, with some real gun people not bean counters.

An 870 express is about as reliable as an anvil.
And about as heavy and ugly as one too.

I didn’t know where your dumb azz was. LOL
I didn't know where you dumb ass was either.

3 guesses where he was, Blackie....

All start with gay men’s spa.

LOL

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I get a kick out of people bashing Remington when they are buying the cheapest in there line, yes I would quit making cheep guns. But a lot of the gun business is and has been a race to the bottom by all manufacturers.
Pick up a 870 Express you have what you paid for a cheaply made gun, if you paid for a Wingmaster you had a very reliable gun that will last.
Remington V3 is a great new design but should of been made in higher end models from the start like a Trap and Skeet versions as well as Wood Stock models with good wood for the uplands. Not everybody drags there shotgun through a marsh.
M700 high priced guns are nice the SPS were not to smooth and ugly but my friend hunts with one and it’s a shooter.
Remington like all gun manufacturers has to decide what products make the most sense, with some real gun people not bean counters.

I didn’t know where your dumb azz was. LOL
I didn't know where you dumb ass was either.

3 guesses where he was, Blackie....

All start with gay men’s spa.

LOL

🦫
He likes riding his Ruckus down there. Says it's a F A G magnet.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Went on their website and was pretty disappointed that they kept the bloated product lineup.
In my opinion, they could have dropped the 783 and at least two of the shotguns and been none the worse for wear. Especially the 783 doesn't fit into a lineup that is supposed to contain mid to high end firearms.

The whole website conjures bad memories of Freedom Group. You wonder what a company changes when it's not even willing to change the website in order to distinguish itsself from Freedom Group Remington.

They don't make 'em like they used to

Don't tread on me

Nothing runs like a Deere
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Wish they would drop the junk and stick to the classics.

How hard would it be to send the 6mm to someone and have it rebored to 7mm

I wouldn’t mind a model 7 or a 20 gauge Wingmaster

Hopefully Remington starts making good guns again.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
...Wish they would drop the junk and stick to the classics.

I am sure the 783 was a good seller. That would explain why it was kept. You need something to compete with the Savage Axis, Ruger American, Mossberg, etc.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
...Wish they would drop the junk and stick to the classics.

I am sure the 783 was a good seller. That would explain why it was kept. You need something to compete with the Savage Axis, Ruger American, Mossberg, etc.

I get your point, but I think having too many irons in the fire was part of Remington’s problem.

Before Wal-Mart went full commie, you could get a brand new 700ADL for $400 bucks. I’ll take that over a 783 any day.

Last edited by Jeffrey; 06/05/21.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

You don't buy one based on looks are sveltness. You buy one for the reliability when used in adverse conditions. There is definitely a market for such guns.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
So the state of the art factory in Huntsville, AL is going to stay empty and unused? I am confused

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
And they don't show any left hand rifles.....lock the doors business closed........

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do we know that RemArms is up and running and that the website accurately depicts what they are making?

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
They need to get out of New York. There is no reason for american gun owners to be in the north east. They hate us and they even hate the companies that pay them taxes. There are so many states that would be a better fit. Heck, even Wisconsin would be better.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Remington is a goner.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Plain to see the literature or web page is somewhat a carry over from the original Remington listings. A click here or there reveals a whole slew more calibers & part numbers. Too many IMO.

But they just need some time. The union had to do their strong arm thing & did muscle their way in. Strike one. Then the ATF drug their feet on the license, citing various reasons. The new owners must really want to make guns, or,,, they see another big hedge fund payday on the horizon to jump through some of the hoops they have.

As has been said, the north east is no place to be for a manufacturer like that & the union has hurt them before they've turned on the first machine. No way I'd put up with either. But I still wish them well whether I purchase one of their products or not.

May the 700 & 870 live forever.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Still hoping for return of Remington ammo too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotta laugh.

The move South produced such great results for Remington and Marlin.
They got away from the northeast and unions. Production and quality
immediately went through the roof. Yep, yep, By-God, yep.

Not that they weren't getting it better.
Not that long term they wouldn't be better off.
But I'm guessing they want a skilled workforce. Now.
That is in New York.

Maybe.
Who knows if their work force is available.
And willing to work? For them?
If jobs there are like here, there are alternatives.

If I was one of them and needed work, I would.
But I would be looking for an out.
Sure wouldn't want to bet on them being a ling term employer.
Or, any commitment to keep production in NY. Or even domestic.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
The mismanagement of the Marlin acquisition had a lot to do with the demise imho...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
This should be in the campfire section as well

Chop chop

Spot on. About half of the members here want Remington out of business permanently, you know, one less firearms manufacturer is always a good thing and those who might actually like their products are just too stupid to be buying guns anyway.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
What happened to Bushmaster and DPMS?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WStrayer
Still hoping for return of Remington ammo too.

They have returned. Pumping out ammo around the clock right now. They are a separate company entirely

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

185 members (19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 345dl, 1_deuce, 264mag, 28 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,637
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.