Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 57 1 2 3 4 56 57
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Karen(s),

Pardon Facts upsetting you gals,so very reliably. Hint.

It was stated plainly and early in the Thread: ("The less you "know","see" or "do",the "better" they are.") "They" of course being Reupold. Hint.

Not that I don't enjoy the 24/7 Excuse Factory. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Some people have to learn for themselves what’s wrong with a product. I tend to be that way- I want to try things and find out for myself whether or not they suck. Then I finally took some advice and bought a better scope. Just sighting in a scope that actually tracked (vs my old VX-2’s) was an eye opening experience. Moving away from the pretty gold ring scopes helped me become a more confident and better shooter. Just my experience.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jwp475

Those that think leuppies are the cats meow have never used a quality scope.

It seem that Leupold is now making a quality snipers scope. It they would have done so when first approached they would not have been left behind.

Yeah, the Mark 5 seems to be doing well. I've heard nothing but good reports from various sources who are not necessarily fans of the brand. I'd be curious to know if that design came before or after the Leupo defectors left for SIG Optics.

At any rate, I hope Leupo can get things sorted out across the board, but I'm not counting on it. One of their product managers has stated that it's hard to change direction at that company, but at least some are trying.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LRhunter75
Some people have to learn for themselves what’s wrong with a product. I tend to be that way- I want to try things and find out for myself whether or not they suck. Then I finally took some advice and bought a better scope. Just sighting in a scope that actually tracked (vs my old VX-2’s) was an eye opening experience. Moving away from the pretty gold ring scopes helped me become a more confident and better shooter. Just my experience.

Exactly. I'm interested in results. Emotion, hate, has nothing to do with it. I used to own nothing but Leupold. Now, I'm down to two, and they don't get used much. I could see the difference in results from the very first reliable scope I bought and used, a LRHS.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Just wondering what all of the guys that no longer have Leupold scopes have went to using for glass ?

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've only had (1) LRHS 4.5-18x and it was a whopping Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. It never tracked,repeated or held zero on my Heavy 6 BR. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

A 10x MQ went aboard and they of course never miss a fhuqking lick. Hint.

Bushie to their credit replaced it(never relating what the issue(s) was/were,but tossed a LRTSi of like magnification,wearing the G3 reticle which I MUCH prefer. It never bobbled,though I was never "nice" to it and I couldn't keep them out of the Mail,though in 3-12x(wayyyyyyyy better). Hint.

I prefer the 3-12x LRTSi to the non-illum LRTS,both in G3. Hint.

Tough to beat Reupold and Hortex. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Really?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
People living in poverty don't often see themselves as poor. Leupolds never bothered me till I tried a SWFA. Figured it was just normal to have to check zero after each outing. Come to think of it, that's probably what the annual deer season sight-in is about. Less about bedding, more about scopes. Crappy erectors, non-etched reticles, etc.

Back in the day there were the 3200s, Targetspots, and the B&L FFP and those never seemed to need a "sight-in". But you just had to have internal adjustments. And the golden ring. To look cool. My dash-1 K2.5 has better erectors than my VX3s. Geez, the POI actually goes where I send it. No golden ring tho.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have a Model 70 257 Roberts that I thought was an inaccurate POS. Couldn't get it sighted in with the Leupold 3x9. Tried a Elite 3200 and problem went away. My limited experience. I do have a 4x12 Leupold on a Sako 30-06 thats never given me any trouble.

Loving the ignore feature! I know Stick said something but I don't have to read it.

Last edited by blairvt; 06/07/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have ~50 bad scopes that are take off scopes, but my good scopes are on my spreadsheet.

My good scopes spreadsheet I have:
50 Leupolds
3 Burris
1 B&L
1 Redfield
6 IOR
3 Sightron
1 Nightforce
1 Kahles
4 Bushnell
1 USO
3 Nikon
7 Weaver
1 ATN
5 SWFA
1 Schmidt Bender
1 Meopta
1 Swarovski
1 Zeiss Conquest
2 Vortex

Every year I try to build (rebarrel & restock) (3) rifles with (3) new scopes in September and shoot (3) deer in October

The only scopes I have that I would buy more of are:
1) Leupold 3-18x44 VX-6HD
2) Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x42mm illum HSR
3) Swarovski Optik Z3 3-10 x 42 BRH 
4) SWFA SS 2.5-10x32 Ultralight

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I wouldn't be opposed to trying an SWFA in a fixed 6x or 2.5-10x32 one of these days.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I wish the eyepiece on the 6 and 10x didnt look so funky.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't like Leupold scopes? Don't buy them. Lots of choices out there. Geez.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My dads ancient vx3 3.5-10x AO ( friction adj ) dialed right in last week on his beater .22-250 Ruger #1.

I expectef to tap the turrets or chase zero a bit. Nope.

Had put new rings on the rifle and it was off a fair amount.

Last edited by hookeye; 06/07/21.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Serious question for scope aficionado's, the last few years even on hunting style scopes, it seems that ocular bell assemblies are getting larger, objective bells are certainly larger, main tubes are so short they present mounting problems on long actions, eye reliefs have shrunk dramatically, turrets are taller....so, is this a "style"? Or is it a necessary design change to accommodate the features that most sniper hunters demand? Maybe the laws of physics make it necessary for 4X and 5X power boosts require it?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yes flintlocke and all of the new scopes also seem to be on a diet of 100 percent pork fat! RJ

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've seen folks fight MANY rifles,chasing their tales,when it was a simplistic mount or optics issue. Pun be intended. For reasons I'll never understand,folks clamor to make Excuses for same and it is funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

In a nutshell,the 6x MQ simply stands alone in mechanical aptitude. It's just a simplistic blend of optical and mechanical dot connections,less being greedy in any direction. The eye-relief is there,the eye box is there,exit pupil is there,the etched reticle is there,the reticle subtends lineal angular graduations that aren't fhuqking proprietary,parallax adjustment latitude is huge,mechanical erector travel is amazing,I LOVE the built in sunshade because I get something called "weather",the adjustments are money and they stubbornly cling to zero. Hint.

Not that I don't enjoy Karens "quantifying" aesthetics or Pretending they don't read my EVERY word,while "unleashing" their VERY Tender Feelers and copious Insecurities. Puddles of tears,are rather fhuqking soothing on the average. Hint. LAUGHING!

The Swiffer 2.5-10x does nothing for me,as it don't bring anything meaningful to the table and is full of things to avoid. Trite eye-relief,SFP and meaningless reticles,if only for starters. Were they to simply go 1" 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker wearing an etched reticle,the 32mm objective would make nary a fhuqk to me,were eye-relief stretched. I could happily drive capped turrets,to eek that bombproof reticle and it's splendors. Hell...even a 5 Mil MQ and heavy outer stadia ala 1-6x HD(on 6x),would be fine for many things and trump most of what the Market offers. Hint.

Illuminate the bitch same as the 1-6x HD(on 6x) and it'd REALLY be sumptin'. Hint.

As an aside,I rather enjoy how Window Lickers are soooooooo very stumped with a 1913 rail,unlimited ring spacing and the mechanical sanctity of same. Then their Lady Friends fret the "mass",of wares that actually fhuqking WORK. Hint. LAUGHING!

It's never been difficult to savvy,who shoots and who don't. Speaking of which,where did THE Scope "Tester" go,she was on a roll there?!? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where's the hack saw? Where's the gold spray paint...Laffin

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Were they to simply go 1" 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker wearing an etched reticle,the 32mm objective would make nary a fhuqk to me,were eye-relief stretched. I could happily drive capped turrets,to eek that bombproof reticle and it's splendors. Hell...even a 5 Mil MQ and heavy outer stadia ala 1-6x HD(on 6x),would be fine for many things and trump most of what the Market offers. Hint.

This! ^^^^^

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jhizz,

There's ZERO need for you to perpetually reiterate,that I fixate your every thought,as you voraciously devour my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon the Poetic Poignant Profundity of my recountings,fueling your very WELL founded Insecurities in such a way and their factoring your EVERY thought,as you "live" vicariously. Undoubtedly,colors and Hand Tools are etched in your brain,betwixt your crossed-eyes and atop your pencil neck. You're welcome. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your hear,you Day Dreaming Delusional Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqk.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

HiggyBaby,

The HILARIOUS S&B 6x attempt,cain't even begin to hang with a 6x MQ and that's tough on Karens too.(grin)

Melting Snowflakes are a fhuqking CLUELESS Hoot!.....................

Page 2 of 57 1 2 3 4 56 57

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,907 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,704
Posts18,456,820
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.