Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
When did it start and why?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Four score and seven years ago. Chinese bots.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Just like any other myth started by fools and followed by idiots ie: Fast twist; 6.5; “optics almost as good as” and many others.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Not sure “hate” is the right word. Disappointment, maybe, mixed with some irritation over how they’ve let other companies overtake them and their steadfast refusal to acknowledge known problems with their products. A great warranty and glitzy advertising is no substitute for reliability. Their scopes have great features and specs, but many serious shooters have abandoned them because they can’t be counted on. Whether that’s because of the design, the materials, or the lack of QC, I can’t say. I can say that I have a $900 VX-5HD that so far is working perfectly, with great glass, good clicks, and fine performance in low light, but the reticle has fuzz all over it that’s distracting and it should never have left the factory like that.

Not going into what they should do, as that’s been done to death. What I’m doing is keeping the ones I have as long as they work, and will dump the ones that crap when they come back from the repair shop. I’m not buying any new ones because I don’t want the hassle.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The live cast with the two clowns was a pretty big nail in the coffin.

$300 SWFA’s that track amazing and have a killer reticle was another.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sadly,Reupold chose to go out of their way to cut corners and compromise wares,while tugging at heart strings. There was a time,when they were a rather solid option,in comparison to that which was available,but that ship has certainly sailed. They have been totally eclipsed in the things that matter most on a scope,which is rugged internals. Hint.

Nobody with a shred of sense or anything bordering a First Fhuqking Clue,could field one with a straight face and say "that's good",as they are blown out of the water at every price point. The less you "know","see" or "do",the "better" they are. Unfortunately,Reupold is for Crying Karens,as it is a warm/fuzzy Gold Ring notion,predicated on that which one was,but is no longer. Hint.

I think most and certainly myself included,would LOVE to see Reupold right the ship,but they've focused solely on crashing into icebergs and selling leaking life rafts,of which few launch. Their hearts for whatever reason,are in making Dog Schit wares for CLUELESS Melting Snowflakes and it's actually funnier than fhuqk,due the unbridled grandeur. Hint.

It is rather refreshing to sight in a new rifle with (2) shots,zero turrets and go right to extrapolating DOPE,with POA/POI aligning fhuqking RELIABLY. The Reupold Erector Dance is one that everyone has played and it is funnier than fhuqk,that them who shoot the least,get their Tender Feelers hurt the quickest and keep The Excuse Machine running 24/7. While others are advancing wares in both relative quality and feature sets,Reupold is running backwards as fast as they can. Hint.

LRF's set the bar and held optics accountable. Actually shooting resolves all and the "secrets" are none. Projectile advancements have also done much to sort the ilk. Hint.

Likely a real fhuqking shame. Hint......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Just like any other myth started by fools and followed by idiots .

Hey HitnRun..............If you dont mind. I love that quote and am going to start using it.

Ive been using Leupold scopes since about 1970 and they havent failed me yet.............except for one issue. As my eyes got older Ive had a hard time with focus on my leups, I'm at the point where I have to have the eyepiece cranked all the way to the end of the threads to not see a double crosshair. I tried looking though other scopes and found the Swarovski have enough focus adjustment and are clearer that the Leups so I'm changing over most of my rifles.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For clarity,I didn't mean to infer that Reupolds are USELESS,as they do fill a specific niche. Hint.

As an aside,it is always comforting,when a Fhuqking Retard and Stevie Wonder concur on Optics.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Those that think leuppies are the cats meow have never used a quality scope.

It seem that Leupold is now making a quality snipers scope. It they would have done so when first approached they would not have been left behind.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TOUGH fhuqking crowd,with all you Reupold Haters! It seems that some folks actually shoot. Hint. LAUGHING!

Reupold MK4 FFP Gen2 Spotters are AMAZINGLY "robust" though. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.......................

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
For clarity,I didn't mean to infer that Reupolds are USELESS,as they do fill a specific niche. Hint.

As an aside,it is always comforting,when a Fhuqking Retard and Stevie Wonder concur on Optics.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

That video was hilarious!

You ain't about that life.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you turn the pages of history back a bit you will find that when magazines dominated most of the shooting info we absorbed the covers often featured customized Mod. 70's and 98 Mausers and most of the time they had a Leupold scope with the gold ring on top of the rifle. For the most part Leupold has always had glass quality that would meet the needs of about any North American hunter. Combine that with light weight and great eye relief and many gun writers using them American hunters naturally followed suit.

Then the long range shooting crowd and shooting games showed up about the time several movies featuring our military snipers showed up. Suddenly everyone wanted to twist turrets and dial elevation and Leupold scopes did not prove to be very reliable if you wanted to dial with them. I'm and old Alaskan moose and caribou and occasional bear hunter for going on 55 years and have never dialed a scope to make a shot. The guys I know prefer to get close, which is well under 200 yards and moose often closer. Even at 400 yards dialing on a moose is not needed. I did put a SWFA 3-9x42HD on a Tikka Superlite in 6.5 Creed and plan on some day shooting to 1,000 yards at the range.

I have a Leupold on a couple of rifles and they have the Boone & Crockett reticle in them. The little Mod. 94 .356 Win. has a Leupy 1.5-5x20 with a German #4 and the old Mod. 70 Featherweight 30-06 has a Leupy 3.5-10x40 and I keep a Leupy 2.5-8x36 in a set of Talley rings as a back up scope. The only time I touch the turrets on a Leupold is when zeroing the scope, the only time. I have a Nightforce SHV 3-10 and the SWFA 3-9 that I am ok dialing with if needed.

I do admire the guys that are confident in first shot hits at 500 yards and beyond, I'm not that guy and doubt I will ever be that shooter. But, like I said, in 55 years of making gut piles in Alaska I have never had to shoot at those ranges.

In a nut shell, Leupold does not have a reputable dialing reputation, which is a shame because a sighting instrument should have good repeatable adjustments, right?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I think it's more than just dialing. Their simple reliability doesn't have it's former reputation either.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by AZmark
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Just like any other myth started by fools and followed by idiots .

Hey HitnRun..............If you dont mind. I love that quote and am going to start using it.

Ive been using Leupold scopes since about 1970 and they havent failed me yet.............except for one issue. As my eyes got older Ive had a hard time with focus on my leups, I'm at the point where I have to have the eyepiece cranked all the way to the end of the threads to not see a double crosshair. I tried looking though other scopes and found the Swarovski have enough focus adjustment and are clearer that the Leups so I'm changing over most of my rifles.

Have you been to the eye doctor? I have the same issue, cataracts are causing this. I have an appointment June 22 to see about correcting this.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you turn the pages of history back a bit you will find that when magazines dominated most of the shooting info we absorbed the covers often featured customized Mod. 70's and 98 Mausers and most of the time they had a Leupold scope with the gold ring on top of the rifle. For the most part Leupold has always had glass quality that would meet the needs of about any North American hunter. Combine that with light weight and great eye relief and many gun writers using them American hunters naturally followed suit.

Then the long range shooting crowd and shooting games showed up about the time several movies featuring our military snipers showed up. Suddenly everyone wanted to twist turrets and dial elevation and Leupold scopes did not prove to be very reliable if you wanted to dial with them. I'm and old Alaskan moose and caribou and occasional bear hunter for going on 55 years and have never dialed a scope to make a shot. The guys I know prefer to get close, which is well under 200 yards and moose often closer. Even at 400 yards dialing on a moose is not needed. I did put a SWFA 3-9x42HD on a Tikka Superlite in 6.5 Creed and plan on some day shooting to 1,000 yards at the range.

I have a Leupold on a couple of rifles and they have the Boone & Crockett reticle in them. The little Mod. 94 .356 Win. has a Leupy 1.5-5x20 with a German #4 and the old Mod. 70 Featherweight 30-06 has a Leupy 3.5-10x40 and I keep a Leupy 2.5-8x36 in a set of Talley rings as a back up scope. The only time I touch the turrets on a Leupold is when zeroing the scope, the only time. I have a Nightforce SHV 3-10 and the SWFA 3-9 that I am ok dialing with if needed.

I do admire the guys that are confident in first shot hits at 500 yards and beyond, I'm not that guy and doubt I will ever be that shooter. But, like I said, in 55 years of making gut piles in Alaska I have never had to shoot at those ranges.

In a nut shell, Leupold does not have a reputable dialing reputation, which is a shame because a sighting instrument should have good repeatable adjustments, right?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stick:
I thought you were banned for good. I have not missed any of your posts................ crazy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
shooter,

It is a fascinating constant,that those who shoot the least,are in the greatest hurry to differentiate and make Excuses for scopes that are mechanically compromised,if only literally by design. Thus the mention of The Age Old Reupold Erector Dance and something that everyone who shoots even a smidge,has done. It is interesting that such mechanical ailments,do not set off Warning Bells,because erectors which won't behave in modest adjustment,certainly will not/cannot hang to a zero,track or repeat. It isn't like there's a "Magic Gear" inside,that after tapping and twirling to TRY to get an adjustment approaching that which is billed,somehow "engages" and then it's "ruggedly reliable". It can't/won't/don't. Hint.

Firstly,most folks don't have the abilities or platforms to denote that obvious,which is of course more than a "touch" telling,none of which is flattering. Secondly,those same folks barely shoot enough to keep cobwebs out of a barrel. All of those things,under the BEST of courteous well wishing,which never bears fruit. They are always happy to use schit wares and The Force,to "arrange" schit bullets to collide with a Critter. 'course,they can't ever do it on fhuqking command,despite being in a KD controlled situation. Hint. LAUGHING!

It is a common theme to make Excuses for Schit Wares,with spent primers remaining THE Supreme Tutorial and contrarion. I've failed,or seen fail,every Reupold you cited and in multiple examples. Why? Simply because I both shoot a "smidge" and pay attention. Hint.

It is plum AMAZING to me,that folks will conjure some "set and forget" "Magical Bullschit" to "explain" schit mechanics. I reckon because folks figure that to be a warm/fuzzy and an "explanation" of multiple decades of simplistic mechanical failure(s). Hint.

FUNNIEST part is,that "glass quality" is THE least meaningful attribute of a device expressly designed to simply steer bullets. Adjusting a repeatable/reliable erector,somehow becomes a "dirty" word and folks concoct bunches of bullschit,to "justify" quantifying same. Objectively,that "stance" is simply funnier than fhuqk and akin to a rifle that goes "BANG!" "most" of the time,being swooned as "Old Reliable". Hint.

Then quantifying all,folks will "justify" how Kentucky Windage "works great"! Simply put,robust/reliable mechanics give ZERO fhuqks about distance and such things become largely moot. Yet that is but a single link in the chain. It is never not funnier than fhuqk to let those who REALLY believe in the "merits" of compromised mechanics,opportunity to display "prowess" with same. To date,I've yet to see it go their way,nor even fhuqking CLOSE. The magnitude of that understatement,will exceed abilities of same to comprehend,until exposed to wares that actually work. The looks on those faces,is fhuqking PRICELESS. Hint.

A Lineal Graduated FFP Milscale Subtension is your friend,"dialing" is hardly a "dirty" word and KNOWING beats the fhuqk out of Guessing. Of (5) Optics you cited,only (1) will grant same. Hint.

Just sayin'..................

Femboy,

Perhaps quantify how Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,you poor poor(literally) Melting Snowflake. Oooooopsie! Too late! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Big Stick, do us all a favor and do a test on an anvil and see if it will meet your standards. The world is waiting.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have some, don’t do any dialing, they work fine for me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hanco
I have some, don’t do any dialing, they work fine for me.

Same here. Just a short range hunter here.

You ain't about that life.
Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 56 57

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

221 members (2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 33 invisible), 2,207 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,715
Posts18,457,081
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.