Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 57 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 56 57
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
All stinky can do is show pictures of rusting junk in the river but can't show any competitive targets from anywhere. Hey stinky, why won't you take any of the challenges made to you from your local shooters? Afraid you will be shown up as the phoney little mutt you are?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Some folks come up with some long winded and creative excuses for Leupold sucking.

Fixed.

grin

It's always easier to blame the scope than to accept that the person squeezing the trigger isn't very good.

So you're telling me my shooting ability wasn't very good when I thought I had a Leupold loosening up inside, but when (during the same shooting session) I then installed another scope on the same rifle my shooting ability improved markedly? The groups certainly did.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by mathman
Some folks come up with some long winded and creative excuses for Leupold sucking.

Fixed.

grin

It's always easier to blame the scope than to accept that the person squeezing the trigger isn't very good.

So you're telling me my shooting ability wasn't very good when I thought I had a Leupold loosening up inside, but when (during the same shooting session) I then installed another scope on the same rifle my shooting ability improved markedly? The groups certainly did.

He can't be taken seriously

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yep. Barnyard is like a bleeder.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Fixed.

grin

I am not saying that a Leupold will never fail. I am saying it makes for a convenient excuse. Of course none of our resident experts would ever be the cause of poor groups, it's those guys on other forums that can't shoot.

IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by blairvt
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by blairvt
Little dick is hardly a hard ass. I've given him several oppotunities to meet when I'm in Alaska (if thats where he really lives) to talk to me like that in person. Never even responds. Just another keyboard coward.

you get what so many others don't, or won't see, he isn't a hard ass he is a bloviating, drubken douchebag.

If you look into what he writes (I have him blocked so I don't see it anymore, speaking from the past) there has to be some mental illness involved or maybe caused by addication. Either way, any knowledge he has is overshadowed by his douchebaggery.

I'm no shrink but I strongly suspect there's quite a few pages of the DSM 5 dedicated specifically to him. Guy just ain't right in the head. There's a reason this forum has an ignore feature.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Yeah Stick'e a duch of the first order...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My LAST Leupold schit the bed in 40 rounds. Sent it back, had it repaired and quickly sold it. Never looked back...

Couple years ago my buddy bought a new tikka 7-08 that wouldn't shoot. Kept claiming the gun was a piece of schit. I told him to yank the scope. He refused because it was a brand new Leupold. Fast forward...after months of dicking with it, he finally tried a new scope and it shot lights out...

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
My LAST Leupold schit the bed in 40 rounds. Sent it back, had it repaired and quickly sold it. Never looked back...

Couple years ago my buddy bought a new tikka 7-08 that wouldn't shoot. Kept claiming the gun was a piece of schit. I told him to yank the scope. He refused because it was a brand new Leupold. Fast forward...after months of dicking with it, he finally tried a new scope and it shot lights out...

Seen that scenario play out many times with Leupold, no more as I have moved on

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Fixed.

grin

I am not saying that a Leupold will never fail. I am saying it makes for a convenient excuse. Of course none of our resident experts would ever be the cause of poor groups, it's those guys on other forums that can't shoot.

Do you shoot at all? I don't know anyone that has a poor shooting weapon that continues anyway and just blames the scope........

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
YMMV, but my three VX-5HD 3-15x44 CDS-ZL2 with the Illum. FireDot Duplex I have on my go to hunting rifles are working just as they should.
And I dial them all.

About 3 years ago, there wasn't many choices of hunting scopes with the features I wanted that weren't boat anchors. And even now the only one I would put in this same class is the Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x42.

I'm no Leupold fanboy, if I was having trouble they would go down the road.
As of now there is no reason to switch.

Here's 2 of 3.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Fixed.

grin

True, but likewise it’s easier to blame one’s shooting ability the worse the person is at shooting. It’s also easier to believe a scope is good the less one shoots and submits said scope to rough use. Those things tend to be correlated.

There's always the option of treating the scope well huh? I typically carry mine into the shooting house and back down. Should I throw it to determine if it works right?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cluggins

Fixed.

grin

True, but likewise it’s easier to blame one’s shooting ability the worse the person is at shooting. It’s also easier to believe a scope is good the less one shoots and submits said scope to rough use. Those things tend to be correlated.

There's always the option of treating the scope well huh? I typically carry mine into the shooting house and back down. Should I throw it to determine if it works right?

Repeated recoil and backcountry/mountain/horseback hunting tends to be hard on scopes. If a guy is simply carrying a scoped rifle into the shooting house and back, and limiting the recoil exposure to a box of ammo a year, any scope will likely last for years.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I don’t hate Leupold. It’s just that quite offering what I want or need in a scope a long time ago.
GreggH

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Repeated recoil and backcountry/mountain/horseback hunting tends to be hard on scopes. If a guy is simply carrying a scoped rifle into the shooting house and back, and limiting the recoil exposure to a box of ammo a year, any scope will likely last for years.

What percentage of Leupold users*** who have never had any trouble at all have round counts on them in the thousands? BTW, I don't mean on top of ten pound 223s either.

***I have used a bunch of Leupolds over a long stretch of time. I still use quite a few. I thought I'd mention that before any irrational fanboy decided to brand me an uninformed "hater".

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

What percentage of Leupold users*** who have never had any trouble at all have round counts on them in the thousands? BTW, I don't mean on top of ten pound 223s either.

***I have used a bunch of Leupolds over a long stretch of time. I still use quite a few. I thought I'd mention that before any irrational fanboy decided to brand me an uninformed "hater".

What percentage of shooters of any center fire rifles have round counts in the thousands? Hell, we can kill a deer a day for much of the hunting season here, and I still don't burn a box per year between my several rifles.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Fixed.

grin

I'd say very few people in the Eastern US hunt from horseback. I suspect there are more hunters in the East than West by a good margin. We have as many licensed hunters in NY as Wyoming has total population. Pennsylvania has more licensed hunters than we do.. Never seen one hunting from horseback in the 45 years I've been hunting. It's simply amazing anybody ever killed anything before SWFA and Nightforce came along.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

What percentage of shooters of any center fire rifles have round counts in the thousands? Hell, we can kill a deer a day for much of the hunting season here, and I still don't burn a box per year between my several rifles.

So then what percentage of shooters have a good basis for evaluating scope reliability?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

So then what percentage of shooters have a good basis for evaluating scope reliability?

What is reliability, what does it take to establish it, and what percentage of shooters ever get enough experience with a single scope to pronounce it reliable?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

What is reliability, what does it take to establish it, and what percentage of shooters ever get enough experience with a single scope to pronounce it reliable?

Give it up homey. They will never accept that Leupold offers great glass, in a lightweight scope that serves the overwhelming majority of owners well over the whole of their lives.

Page 5 of 57 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 56 57

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

376 members (160user, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 2,756 guests, and 975 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,788
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.